Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #23
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

I'd have taken The Future Embrace.

Why?

Aside from me liking TFE more than MSOTS(or maybe it's that I hated MSOTS more than TFE), it seems like if your relationship with her was built on the sentimentality of getting to know and share the Pumpkins, then TFE would be more valuable to hold on to by association.

I see Zwan as the sort of outcast of Billy-related projects. So many people hated the shallowness of the music, and the image, and the "new" band. At least with TFE, he was doing stuff all on his own... which isn't a stretch from Adore, or a lot of Siamese Dream. With MSOTS, he was trying hard to not be the Pumpkins, even with Jimmy being a part of it. But with TFE, it was more about doing a first solo record that sounded like a combination of what he was influenced by, and who he'd become. I think that's more on-par with the Pumpkins.