Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #3871
MarquisInSpades
Banned

which I'm okay with. not caring about others' feelings probably comes from me being antisocial.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #3872
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

u make baby billy cry

Old 12-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #3873
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Old 12-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #3874
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
which I'm okay with. not caring about others' feelings probably comes from me being antisocial.
then stop claiming to be nice to them. not caring about others' feelings is antisocial. i'm glad you finally stopped hiding behind the veil of science and have let out the truth

Old 12-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #3875
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
then stop claiming to be nice to them. not caring about others' feelings is antisocial. i'm glad you finally stopped hiding behind the veil of science and have let out the truth
I'm TRYING to be nice to people, is what I'm saying. I'm not hiding behind the veil of anything.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #3876
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
oh I have no idea who that is, and I don't care.

It's just bewildering to have yet another one who chooses to die on this particular hill. I, too, join tiny boards, pick the one bro rocking a two digit IQ who gets mocked by basically everyone else for their bullshit, and go "what fuzzy says seems reasonable." my favorite hobby, please continue!
c'mon.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #3877
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

you are not trying, bro.

if someone tells you you should refer to them as she and you continue to call them he - how exactly is that trying. it isn't. what it is is consciously choosing to be transphobic, glad we cleared that up. thanks for playing.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #3878
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
transphobia
tranzˈfəʊbɪə,transˈfəʊbɪə/Submit
noun
dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.
I do not dislike trans people. I am not prejudiced.
and I'm not talking about pronouns specifically; I'm talking about being nice in general.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #3879
MarquisInSpades
Banned

this is like saying I may insult them as much as I want, as long as I use their preferred pronouns. there is more to being nice.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #3880
MarquisInSpades
Banned

:/

Old 12-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #3881
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
this is like saying I may insult them as much as I want, as long as I use their preferred pronouns. there is more to being nice.
using their preferred pronouns is a necessary but not sufficient condition for the low bar of being nice to a transgender person

Old 12-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #3882
MarquisInSpades
Banned

do you think it'd be better for transgender people if everyone started addressing them using the pronouns that they prefer?

Old 12-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #3883
MarquisInSpades
Banned

it's fascinating how all the sources I've looked at so far are all American. not one transgender-related study from India that I could find. pretty interesting.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #3884
MarquisInSpades
Banned

or any leftist studies, even. weird.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #3885
MarquisInSpades
Banned

well, we'll get there. i hope.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #3886
redbreegull

Quote:
I don’t recognize another person’s right to determine what pronouns I use to address them.
This is fundamentally prejudiced and disrespectful. You do not have the right to decide what is right or wrong when it comes to how oppressed people are treated. There are plenty of intelligent, educated transgender people to set their own rules and norms. Your job as someone who wants to be respectful and not support hate is to show basic empathy to their wishes and defer to them. You should be humble, because neither of us has any inkling what it actually is like to be trans. Especially when it comes to issues that do not affect you and you are not in a position to truly understand on an experiential level, the world does not need your forceful black and white opinion. You are only causing harm.

Quote:
I'm for respecting people in the way that I see fit.
this is a fundamental contradiction. if you refuse to show respect to people in ways that feel respectful to them, you aren't being respectful. You don't get to decide for others what is respectful to them.

Quote:
fuck all of you. i liked you enough for me to be comfortable telling you how i feel and i just get shit on for it.
you having an opinion does not make your opinion logical or valid by virtue of you having it. Do you know what ethos is? You have no ethos here. Your opinion is actually less than neutral in terms of validity because you are contradicting people with much higher ethos than you.

Quote:
I think people should be allowed to live with dignity. I don't think it's wrong or dangerous to society to be transgender.
Then you should learn to show respect and be deferential to the experiences of others, because your attitude right now is arrogant and harmful. If you really are 17 I get that you probably feel like you have a very deep understanding of all this stuff, but you don't. In four more years you will be post-college age, and your view of the world will have shifted as much as it has in the last four years since you were 13 (at least hopefully, you could always be like fuzzy and stop developing at age 17). You seem to have an issue with empathizing with others and a drive to tell others what is correct or incorrect for them to feel, but you just look like an asshole.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #3887
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Well, you're older. You're probably right. I've changed DRASTICALLY in the last 4 years, and I might change in the next 4 as well.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #3888
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Yeah, empathy really isn't my strong suit.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #3889
MarquisInSpades
Banned

I still don't see how it's harmful. Offensive to some, sure, but not harmful. I am not denying to you your humanity if you're transgender. I'll still treat most people equally.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #3890
MarquisInSpades
Banned

I just don't know why people would consider me a troll just because my views don't align with those of most SJWs.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #3891
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Also, victim groups don't really have the higher ground by default. I don't see why some peoples' opinions are worth more than others' opinions.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:31 PM   #3892
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
The idea behind the transgender movement as a civil rights movement is the idea that all of their problems would just go away if I would pretend that they were the sex to which they claim membership. That’s nonsense. The transgender suicide rate is 40 percent. According to the Anderson School at UCLA, it makes no difference – there’s a study that came out last year – it makes no difference, virtually no difference statistically speaking, as to whether people recognize you as a transgender person or not, which suggests there’s a very high comorbidity between transgenderism, whatever that mental state may be, and suicidality, that has nothing to do with how society treats you.
Spot on, brother.

I better warn you now though, people here aren't going to like to hear that. There's very little room for debate when it comes to this topic around this neck of the woods. It's frankly a little close-minded.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 12-07-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #3893
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
it's fascinating how all the sources I've looked at so far are all American. not one transgender-related study from India that I could find. pretty interesting.
Not surprising at all, man. Big Pharma is really pushing this whole trans-gender movement cause it's big-time business.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #3894
fuzzyroes
Banned

You guys on Netphoria should be more understanding that not everyone in the world has the same viewpoints and opinions as you. This hive mentality leads to no growth or willingness to learn.

I realize that you guys all have your hearts in the right place, and that is commendable... But the jury's still out in a lot of ways regarding this movement/disorder so it's not exactly intelligent to take such a firm stance on what you believe.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #3895
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Spot on, brother.

I better warn you now though, people here aren't going to like to hear that. There's very little room for debate when it comes to this topic around this neck of the woods. It's frankly a little close-minded.
fuck you, you quasi-nazi white supremacist fucker

Old 12-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #3896
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You guys on Netphoria should be more understanding that not everyone in the world has the same viewpoints and opinions as you. This hive mentality leads to no growth or willingness to learn.

I realize that you guys all have your hearts in the right place, and that is commendable... But the jury's still out in a lot of ways regarding this movement/disorder so it's not exactly intelligent to take such a firm stance on what you believe.
you are such a terrible human

Old 12-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #3897
MarquisInSpades
Banned

How the fuck is this not hatefulness?

Old 12-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #3898
redbreegull

Quote:
How the fuck is this not hatefulness?
you're missing some "context," as fuzzy would put it

Old 12-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #3899
redbreegull

or maybe you are equally as racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, and otherwise horrible to people unlike yourself as he is?

Old 12-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #3900
fuzzyroes
Banned

The irony is that RBG displays the exact very behavior that he accuses other people of displaying.