Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2020, 08:07 PM   #1
cork_soaker
full of longing

Default do you think the particular scenario ever happens to bill where he's laying down swee

t riffs for hours on end in the "rock room," of the mansion, then looks up suddenly to realize he's completely lost track of augustus juppiter corgan, and immediately thinks the worst — that after a half hour or so of playing alone in the expansive acreage and garden mazes of the estate, a.j. c. began to innocently wander down toward the rocky lakefront where, oh no, no no no, fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck — bill sets down the axe hurriedly but gently enough as to not gouge the parquet, then, winded and dizzy from the back spiral staircase, he runs out into the yard shouting his son's name, increasingly desperately, lumbering toward the forest at an impressively lively clip, where, on the other side, no doubt, his son is inches away from the choppy and frigid waters of one of the great lakes, probably the biggest and deepest one, reaching toward something glittering enchantingly in the waves?

Old 05-21-2020, 08:28 PM   #2
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

nope

Old 05-21-2020, 09:30 PM   #3
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

And yet I am the black sheep of 'phoria!

Old 05-21-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Unhappy

Yeah corky just plummeted from top-tier to bottom-feeder.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:16 PM   #5
Ram27
dumb

does he have a beachfront house?

Old 05-21-2020, 10:20 PM   #6
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Last edited by houseofglass11 : 05-22-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #7
cork_soaker
full of longing

clambering wildly atop the riprap . . .

Old 05-21-2020, 10:57 PM   #8
Shallowed
Braindead

relatable

Old 05-21-2020, 11:35 PM   #9
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Lol bitchin thread, wicked scenario

And like the Great Lake turns out to be calling to Auggi Joop thru the power of the colors of the wind and everything. And but big willies all like my best friend died neath those waves, i couldn’t save him but now im so now i have to hope i can save u. Then Lil Joop is always hearing the aw wah ahh wah of the spirit of the lake asking him to come on a journey. And he’s like big daddie where’s the map. And big willies like u sail without a map like i did bitch. And then Airplone Mode gets off the couch but big willie raise one of them bigass gigantic hands all spread in the air like a tarantulas arms a waving there in the purified air of their like, their living space

And then in the third act so Lil Joop has to literally kill big willie to start his journey into the lake to find out about his whole like story of the heart of the lake and how he saves rock and roll
Somehow.

But turns out it was a black comedy and the boy drowns, so it’s only Aeroplane Mode left with the other one we don’t have knicknames for yet

Old 05-21-2020, 11:38 PM   #10
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

can someone turn that into a song please?

cmon it's quarentine you don't have anything better to do anyways

Old 05-21-2020, 11:58 PM   #11
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Billy Corgan buys a piece of the Gold Coast

Ten months after selling his Victorian painted lady mansion in Lake View for $1 million, former Smashing Pumpkins lead singer and chief songwriter Billy Corgan has paid $2.95 million for a recently renovated, historic six-room condominium on the Gold Coast.

After disbanding the Smashing Pumpkins, Corgan formed a new group, Zwan, which is playing three sold-out shows at the Double Door this weekend.

Through his tour manager, Corgan declined to comment on the purchase of the two-bedroom condo. His tour manager confirmed that the singer-songwriter recently has been staying at the condo while rehearsing for Zwan's current tour, but said the Chicago-area native ultimately intends to lease the condo in a 110-year-old building to someone else. The unit has an oak-paneled living room, reception room, balcony framed by granite columns, four fireplaces, walnut parquet floors and a large terrace.

Corgan has shown an affinity for vintage properties. After moving out of the more than 100-year-old Lake View home at 3448 N. Greenview Ave., which he owned from 1993 to 2001, Corgan temporarily stayed in a penthouse in the Haberdasher Square loft development, 728 W. Jackson Blvd., a former manufacturing building that dates to 1926. And in 2000, the Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois awarded Corgan its President's Award for his commitment to historic preservation.

Since Corgan sold his Lake View home, one Smashing Pumpkins Web site reported that he has been living in Italy, but in interviews he has declined any comment on his permanent residence.

Singer Courtney Love, whom Corgan dated many years ago, just sold her loft in downtown Manhattan for $3 million after buying it for $2.6 million in January 2001, according to the New York Post. The loft is in the same building where rocker Lenny Kravitz just listed his own, five-bedroom, 7,000-square-foot, multilevel loft for $16 million, after buying the space unfinished in October 2000 for $8 million, the Post reported.

Love also recently listed her almost 3,700-square-foot Spanish-style house on Los Angeles' Westside -- which she bought last June for $3 million -- for about the same price, according to the Los Angeles Times. Love reportedly is looking for another house in the area because her five-bedroom house, which was built in the 1920s, is too small.

Ironically, Love told the Times last year that she sold a four-bedroom, 4,700-square-foot French country-style house on almost 2 acres in the Hollywood Hills -- which she had purchased from Ellen DeGeneres in 1997 for about $3 million -- because she was planning to spend more time in New York and actually wanted something smaller in L.A. She sold the Hollywood Hills home for $3.995 million in March 2001 to British businessman Mike Walley. Love's former Hollywood Hills house made the news in November 2001, after Paul McCartney's fellow Beatle George Harrison died. After Harrison's representatives gave a bogus L.A. address on his death certificate, the county's district attorney revealed in February that Harrison actually had died at Walley's house.

Rocker Tom Petty has paid close to $2.5 million for a three-bedroom oceanfront home in Malibu, Calif., according to the Los Angeles Times. Built in 1974, the house has three fireplaces, Malibu tiles and a courtyard with a fountain, the paper reported ... Fred Durst, frontman for the rock group Limp Bizkit, has sold a house he never moved into in Bel Air, Calif., for $3.7 million because it had "vibes that were not quite correct for him," according to the Los Angeles Times. Last fall, Durst bought the four-bedroom, 6,600-square-foot house, which was once owned by the Doors' Robbie Krieger and has a carving of the Doors playing on one wall, for just under $4 million, the paper reported. Durst recently bought a house with a sound studio in L.A.'s Hollywood Hills, and has listed that home for $1.4 million, the Times reported.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:24 AM   #12
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
the boy drowns
good stuff

this thread was really a tribute to you, r2m, albeit shoddily executed

Old 05-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #13
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Run2Me, your work was amateurish at best. Cork ol' boy, please provide your next installment of this enchanting tale, you have a way with words, what happens after Corgo reaches the shore?

Old 05-22-2020, 11:56 AM   #14
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

This presupposes that laying down sweet riffs is a thing that still occurs

j/k Bill luv u

Old 05-22-2020, 01:17 PM   #15
redbreegull

everyone take a moment and picture b0lly's reaction to this thread

Old 05-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #16
FoolofaTook

Old 05-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #17
FoolofaTook

Old 05-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #18
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
everyone take a moment and picture b0lly's reaction to this thread
Absolutely pathetic. Not an ounce of truth to it yet these nincompoops* sit here laughing amongst themselves in their own Unholiest of Kingdoms with sheer, illegitimate delight - all amongst their own bottlegs illegal.

*for SURE a word he would use

Old 05-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #19
FoolofaTook

I dunno I always pictured him more prone to call us "scallywags."

Old 05-22-2020, 01:39 PM   #20
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

scallywags, nincompoops, bugaboo

these are all undoubtable inclusions in the WPC Dictionary

Old 05-22-2020, 01:46 PM   #21
redbreegull

someone should IG Bill, "are you aware that on netphoria they talk about death scenarios for your son?"

Old 05-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #22
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

woah woah, nobody went there except for run2pee. I was more amused by the image of Bill throwing down his 1974 stratocaster, putting the Selmer on standby, bolting from his music room down a spiral staircase out past the hedgerow maze, running through the field, through the forest, and valiantly rescuing his son before he reached the precipice. This was a tale of triumph, not tragedy.

Old 05-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #23
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I dunno I always pictured him more prone to call us "scallywags."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
scallywags, nincompoops, bugaboo

these are all undoubtable inclusions in the WPC Dictionary
Get a load of these bunch on ninnys

Old 05-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #24
FoolofaTook

ninnyhammers?

Old 05-22-2020, 03:30 PM   #25
cork_soaker
full of longing

it’s really just a parenting scenario

Old 05-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #26
LaBelle
Socialphobic

from what i've heard from his recent material he doesn't spend that much time with it.