Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
noyen
Immortal

Default pets

share your love of your pet / animal family members. what are their names and personalities and what do they mean to you?

i just lost my dog but don't really wanna talk about it yet. i would like to hear about your animals though and confirm my belief that animals are far superior to humans.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
Bread Regal
Banned

penny is an 18 year old cat that D. has has since she was 12. Her age has only started to show as she's getting deaf, blind and has a handful of minor maladies. she rarely leaves D.'s side and is usually content to sit on a neatly folded towel at her side. she likes easting leafy greens, artichokes and avocados. when she was younger, she used to do thing like climb to the top of an open door and sit there. she would also hide her dad's cigarettes and weed under her bed.

chalupa is a 16 year old terrier mix that behaves like she is still 3, even though her legs are starting to give out. she loves drinking her own piss and eatingy cat shit. she's super cuddly sometimes, and other times she is a rambunctious pain in the ass. love her to death. when she was younger, she used to run around the living room so fast that the centrifugal force would allow her to run on the walls.

slinky is a chi-pin that was found on the side of the interstate in north florida. at the time she was found, she was extremely aggressive with everyone. she was with two families before she came to my wife with extremely advanced heart worm. the family was doing some horrendous cesar milan bullsit and "alpha rolling" her which obviously exacerbated the aggression problem. this was before we were dating, so D. was the one who financed her treatment and took care of her during that time. it was kind of scary but she's all better now! she is very distrustful of everyone except us and like one other person.

frijolito (a kitty) was found in a person's boat when they moved to a friend's apartment complex. we originally intended on adopting her out, but we were kind of lazy with that because she was so cute and sweet. she lets me rub her tummy and purrs when i pick her up. we have conversations while i am sitting on the can. she gets super excited and begs for cuddles when i come home.

ulysses was extracted from a hoarding situation which was a bombay breeding operation. he spent the first year or so of his life in a cage and was found in said cage surrounded by his own filth. adding insult to injury, he had an eye infection which the vet at the shelter tried to rectify my removing his tear duct. when we saw him in the shelter, he was terrified, pinned to the back of his cage. i fell in love with him because of his eye (my first cat had a similarly wonky eyeball). we took him home which was a pretty intense process, but he very quickly came around. he was kind of startled by the softness of the bed, but it very quickly became his favorite spot in the house. and he is the absolute sweetest cat i have ever met. he's a lap kitty. he will just headbutt you 30 times in a row if you let him. he likes making a igloo for himself out of the bedsheets.

i could talk forever about all our animals.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
slunken
Virgo

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps73470d10.jpg

Old 09-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

my cat's name is layla. i got her at a no kill shelter last february. she was approx. 2 years old and was brought to the shelter at approx 2 months old. she was already named. i had originally seen her on shelter's web site which had her name as "Lele", so I knew when I went there I wanted her and I also knew she was "special needs". I call her lele a lot

she is def a little high strung, she doesn't like being picked up but she meows like crazy when i come home and wants to be rubbed. she offers you her tummy immediately and also kneads like crazy. i will pet her for a few minuets in her cat bed and she will start kneading and still be kneading 30 minutes after i have stopped petting her and started doing something else.

if i sit or lay down on the floor near her cat bed she comes running to it and we cuddle. it's like her safe place. she will cuddle with me on the bed sometimes but always on her bed. i've been trying to train her better to come to me but i always give in and go to her because i want to cuddle!

she has a problem where she doesn't produce enough moisture in her eyes so i have to give her some eye drops every day to clean and moisturize them. she also doesn't clean her butt well for some reason so i usually clean it with water every couple days

i love her so much and never spend overnights at anyone else's house because i would miss her too much. my sister asked me once and i told her that and she laughed at me. but she doesn't understand just how special lele is

she is the best cat, it's a fact

Old 09-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

sorry about your dog noyen

Old 09-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

two cats. zack is awesome. lulu is a piece of shit. i love them

Old 09-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #7
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

one of my pits bruised her knee the other day. she needed an ice pack

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...7a&oe=54A0AC96

Old 09-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #8
noyen
Immortal

fuck I love all your let's AMD their names and thanks john for the longer post, I could read about them forever. why are they so amazing. and so frustrating. and so irreplaceable.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #9
hnibos
Braindead

He goes by kitty and he's awfully annoying nowadays. We're trying to turn him into an indoor cat because he's gotten injured from being outside but he's just not having it. It's been at least a month now and he'll just stare out the window. It breaks my heart, he's so sad. But it's for his own good.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #10
null123
Minion of Satan

I miss Figaro

Old 09-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #11
hnibos
Braindead

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enha...2285490-33.gif

Old 09-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #12
bye june
Ownz

These are my current babies

Tawny, she's 13. I think brown is an unusual color for a cat.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ox-d7s4zky.jpg

Mushu, siamese, he's 12. Also he's Tawny's nephew.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ox-d7ya9uk.jpg

Oliver, he's 11. He has extra toes and only three legs...he was run over when he was about 1.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ox-d7ya9lf.jpg

Cookie, calico, she's 11. I don't have a good current pic of her, she's a little bitch. Creepy.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ox-d7yabl5.jpg

Old 09-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #13
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
my cat's name is layla. i got her at a no kill shelter last february. she was approx. 2 years old and was brought to the shelter at approx 2 months old. she was already named. i had originally seen her on shelter's web site which had her name as "Lele", so I knew when I went there I wanted her and I also knew she was "special needs". I call her lele a lot

she is def a little high strung, she doesn't like being picked up but she meows like crazy when i come home and wants to be rubbed. she offers you her tummy immediately and also kneads like crazy. i will pet her for a few minuets in her cat bed and she will start kneading and still be kneading 30 minutes after i have stopped petting her and started doing something else.

if i sit or lay down on the floor near her cat bed she comes running to it and we cuddle. it's like her safe place. she will cuddle with me on the bed sometimes but always on her bed. i've been trying to train her better to come to me but i always give in and go to her because i want to cuddle!

she has a problem where she doesn't produce enough moisture in her eyes so i have to give her some eye drops every day to clean and moisturize them. she also doesn't clean her butt well for some reason so i usually clean it with water every couple days

i love her so much and never spend overnights at anyone else's house because i would miss her too much. my sister asked me once and i told her that and she laughed at me. but she doesn't understand just how special lele is

she is the best cat, it's a fact
<3

Old 09-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #14
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
He goes by kitty and he's awfully annoying nowadays. We're trying to turn him into an indoor cat because he's gotten injured from being outside but he's just not having it. It's been at least a month now and he'll just stare out the window. It breaks my heart, he's so sad. But it's for his own good.
Daaaw

Old 09-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #15
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
two cats. zack is awesome. lulu is a piece of shit. i love them
<3333

Old 09-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #16
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
I miss Figaro
what is the life story of Figaro and how awesome was he/she?

Old 09-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #17
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bye june View Post
These are my current babies

Tawny, she's 13. I think brown is an unusual color for a cat.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ox-d7s4zky.jpg

Mushu, siamese, he's 12. Also he's Tawny's nephew.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ox-d7ya9uk.jpg

Oliver, he's 11. He has extra toes and only three legs...he was run over when he was about 1.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ox-d7ya9lf.jpg

Cookie, calico, she's 11. I don't have a good current pic of her, she's a little bitch. Creepy.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ox-d7yabl5.jpg
Beautiful cats

Old 09-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #18
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
one of my pits bruised her knee the other day. she needed an ice pack

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...7a&oe=54A0AC96
A rescue pit? You have an Italian greyhound too right? Tell ms about it.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #19
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

elsa is four years old, adopted when she was 2. i picked her out. her history prior to arriving at the shelter was sort of fuzzy, but they think she was a stray. she was skinny but healthy and after a short time warmed up to us. she is still tiny, about 6 or 7 pounds i think. she is very attached to me and likes to lie in my lap or on top of my legs. we imagine a sort of vain and arrogant attitude--she doesn't care for leon, our other cat, and avoids him in spite of his desire to befriend her.

leon was adopted about three months after elsa, i think, and he was 10 months old. ****** chose him, and at the time his name was "podhart." he is about twice the size of elsa and was left to the shelter by a previous owner who couldn't keep him. he is pretty compliant and relaxed, but extremely playful. he never tires of chasing flies or playing with wand-type toys. he likes other animals and, we think, is desperate for a companion, though elsa is not interested. he also loves to go outside when the weather is pretty cold, because his coat is very thick (he sheds a lot).

we love them both very much, but we have our favorites.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #20
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post

elsa is four years old, adopted when she was 2. i picked her out. her history prior to arriving at the shelter was sort of fuzzy, but they think she was a stray. she was skinny but healthy and after a short time warmed up to us. she is still tiny, about 6 or 7 pounds i think. she is very attached to me and likes to lie in my lap or on top of my legs. we imagine a sort of vain and arrogant attitude--she doesn't care for leon, our other cat, and avoids him in spite of his desire to befriend her.

leon was adopted about three months after elsa, i think, and he was 10 months old. ****** chose him, and at the time his name was "podhart." he is about twice the size of elsa and was left to the shelter by a previous owner who couldn't keep him. he is pretty compliant and relaxed, but extremely playful. he never tires of chasing flies or playing with wand-type toys. he likes other animals and, we think, is desperate for a companion, though elsa is not interested. he also loves to go outside when the weather is pretty cold, because his coat is very thick (he sheds a lot).

we love them both very much, but we have our favorites.
they're lovely, I love reading about their back stories and personalities. <3

Old 09-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #21
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
A rescue pit? You have an Italian greyhound too right? Tell ms about it.
We have two pit rescues and a rescued racing greyhound.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #22
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
We have two pit rescues and a rescued racing greyhound.
please tell me about your greyhound. I had a rescue Italian greyhound Chi mix who was so damn unique to me, her personality polarized by this wild running/chewing/nervous streak mixed with a sweet, affectionate, silly and needy side.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #23
bye june
Ownz

Quote:
Beautiful cats
We've had Tawny and Mushu since they were born, Oliver since he was a little newborn and Cookie since she was a kitten.

Mushu is siamese but his mother was black and the rest of the litter was gray or black. He was the only one to turn out siamese which is very odd. I have no idea what the father was. He used to be a inside cat too until a few years ago.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #24
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
please tell me about your greyhound. I had a rescue Italian greyhound Chi mix who was so damn unique to me, her personality polarized by this wild running/chewing/nervous streak mixed with a sweet, affectionate, silly and needy side.
the greyhound is 12 years old. we got her from a race track when she was 4. She hardly barks and she sleeps on the couch all day. Between her and my pits, she's the boss. They both go out their way not to piss her off or bother her.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:22 AM   #25
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Steel. Around 14. Got cat lymphoma a couple of years back. We put him on chemotherapy. During the chemo sessions, he got hit by a car. Almost died, smashed his jay up something rotten. We had to feed him by syringe through a feeding tube in his neck. Easter 2013 he had his feeding tube removed and jaw wires removed to see if he could eat. Basically he didn't eat anything for days. Easter weekend rolled round, and a friend of ours (a vet nurse) took him to her house for the weekend to see if they could help, or it was curtains). Over the 3 days there they finally got him to eat a very little bit out of a red bowl. Since then he's got better, even though due to the head injury it's fucked the sight in one eye.

Sapphire. Also around 14 years old. Had hyperthroydism last year, treated by radiation doses. About 3 months ago began walking funny, then her back legs gave out and she couldn't lift her head. The vets did a bundle of tests, couldn't really find a root cause, just that she was low on potassium. Potassium suppliment seems to have sorted that out, but now she has high blood pressure that has caused her retinas to detatch, so she's blind in at least one eye.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:28 AM   #26
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
IF I MUST TEAR YOU APART SHEPARD I WILL

Old 09-08-2014, 12:29 AM   #27
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I love all my pets. I could write a lot about them but I'll keep it extremely brief.

Katy: formerly obese beagle. Happy little girl that likes to go on leashless walks and eat tomatoes even though she looks sad all the time. She is 7. The story was that idk, these people were moving and they were busy or something so the dog got ignored and ballooned up to 55 lbs and couldn't walk so they dumped her on the county shelter. I looked up the previous owner and it's some douchebag that does comedy shows in the area that just bought a half a million dollar house while renting out the old one she stayed in the garage of. Maybe I should reserve judgement... Adopting her brought a lot of light into my and my family's lives. Our previous dog died of cancer and we were hesitant to ever have another dog, but Katy was so sweet and we had to take her home. She's amazing and has adjusted and blended in so well. She's also 25 lbs now wooo woo

Opal: 14 year old tabby cat and love of my life. Had a stroke a few months ago but is back and better than ever. Her fur always finds its way to my nose

Pearl: a fluffy cat from a kill shelter or something. Old. Grumpy. Sweet sometimes

Shredder: black and white 10 year old cat that doesn't go outside anymore and likes to shred newspaper. Was abused badly and very skiddish at first but is now a mush

Viola & Cecilia: two former lab rats that keep to themselves

Ralph & TIE: I haven't brought them home yet, but they are hairless male rats.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:45 AM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

At left, Tiptoes. She has a heart murmur and will probably die in the next six months. I hope the vet is wrong, obvs but setting myself up for the worst. She is very small, so I wonder if that'll help. She doesn't seem to be wheezing that much lately, which is a side effect. Anyway, she's a spunky little babe with a lot of pep. She doesn't meow, she chirps. It's so cute. As you might be able to see, I named her Tiptoes because she's a torty and her feet have little orange splashes on the tips.

At right, my fat buddy for 10+ years now. June was the 10 year anny because I named him Chauncey after the Pistons beat the lakers in five games. That was in 2004. He's the best and fattest. The Chunkpottamus, Fatty Colossus, Chonkyfire etc. He's very sweet, very docile, very loving and very very needy sometimes. He's been a blessing, one of the only sources of consistent joy in the last ten years. Not sure what I'd do without him but I better get ready for it. He's probably not too long for this world. BUT he's got arthritis, and he's never had any other health problems so perhaps he's one of those fuckers that'll keep kicking for some time.

Also, I have to shine the light on them to take pics, because photography is racist and they are always hard to see. Especially because i have black sheets.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 09-08-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #29
Mo
Immortal

Smile

This is Spot.

http://i.imgur.com/pSV7yJks.jpg http://i.imgur.com/tMkdLUJs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/amoBykks.jpg

Spot is a 17-week-old European Shorthair, and he's growing up SO INCREDIBLY FUCKING FAST it's breaking my heart.

I got him when he was only nine weeks old, and I immediately fell in love. He's friendly, cuddly, playful and somewhat intelligent, but he still doesn't understand mirrors or tall drinking glasses.

He's the biggest joy in my life right now, and the last few hours of every work day are agonizing, because I can't wait to get home and be greeted by his stupid fucking whiney meows, begging to be picked up and petted.

And yes, he was named after Data's cat.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #30
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

layla tried to jump into a mirror before. it was fucking hilarious.