Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #31
Bread Regal
Banned

Not sure if you skimmed over my last reply, but I bought a couple of longboards on craigslist for a pretty good deal.

one of them is this:
http://www.chutingstar.com/media/cat...taugustii2.jpg

It's about 42". little to no concave. the grip on it is wonderful, reminiscent of wax on a surfboard. makes it easier to pivot my front foot. no wheel wells so i ate shit the other night from carving too hard. i eventually want to use it for transportation, but i'm not comfortable with skating around in relatively closed spaces yet. i rode on a paved trail around here at around 1 pm when the sun was just brutal and relentless. i don't know how people do physical activities around here in the middle of the day. anytime other than that is super fun.

the other board, can't find a picture, also rides really well. significant concavity, also about 42". it has wheel wells so it seems impossible to have wheel bite. for that reason alone it seems safer so that's the one i'm gifting to my nephew. i ordered some grip tape and new bearings so he'll get a mad decent board once i fix it all up.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #32
Bread Regal
Banned

other board looks almost exactly like this one

Old 09-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #33
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
Not sure if you skimmed over my last reply, but I bought a couple of longboards on craigslist for a pretty good deal.

one of them is this:
http://www.chutingstar.com/media/cat...taugustii2.jpg

It's about 42". little to no concave. the grip on it is wonderful, reminiscent of wax on a surfboard. makes it easier to pivot my front foot. no wheel wells so i ate shit the other night from carving too hard. i eventually want to use it for transportation, but i'm not comfortable with skating around in relatively closed spaces yet. i rode on a paved trail around here at around 1 pm when the sun was just brutal and relentless. i don't know how people do physical activities around here in the middle of the day. anytime other than that is super fun.

the other board, can't find a picture, also rides really well. significant concavity, also about 42". it has wheel wells so it seems impossible to have wheel bite. for that reason alone it seems safer so that's the one i'm gifting to my nephew. i ordered some grip tape and new bearings so he'll get a mad decent board once i fix it all up.
i really like this one. beautiful shape (the kind i like) without the crazy narrow fishtail stuff. it's nice and long too. i have a 45" that i love a ton. ceramic bearings are the bomb too if you ever end up upgrading your own board.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #34
Bread Regal
Banned

i put the new bearings (bones reds) on the other board and put new grip tape on it. i'm gonna go visit the nephew next weekend and give it to him.

he's 13 now and has a street deck. i don't know how kids his age feel about long boarding. googling it tells me that longboarders are thought by kids to be "pussies" and "faggots" that can't do an ollie. and 13's an age where the opinions of your peers are really important. so i'm not sure how well received the gift will be. at worst he will make a cruiser using the trucks.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #35
Shallowed
Braindead

I have a younger relative in his late teens, he and his friends have been longboarding for a couple of years now. They're all very popular and very very sociable. From what I know there doesn't seem to be any kind of feud between them and skateboarders.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:38 AM   #36
Bread Regal
Banned

yeah but you live down under

Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #37
Shallowed
Braindead

But really the real problem would be him giving a fuck about how longboarding is seen by others his age. If he does then having a sit down and chat with him wouldn't be amiss.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 AM   #38
Bread Regal
Banned

I dunno. He's 13. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get a kid that age to understand that it doesn't matter what other kids think.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:49 AM   #39
null123
Minion of Satan

It's actually pretty important what other kids think so I hope he doesn't lose sight of that