Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #61
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
It's like how starbucks sells music. Also, zuzu's is like his creative hub outside sp and this release isn't really an sp thing.
my point was that this isn't that big of a deal. it's no different than anyone else who owns a shop also selling something else they do on the side there.

andy on parks and rec sold his bands cds at his shoeshine stand but that certainly wasn't an "exclusive shoe shine only release"
or a guy who runs a bookstore also selling some local cd of a band he's in
or a woman who runs an antique shop selling copies of her book

i've bought an insanely good record at a local new age shop before (by the guy who runs the shop) and found some great comics from a bartender at a bar.

not everybody lives online and sometimes you find out about things removed from the source. idk if i would go the generic starbucks music route though...

Old 04-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #62
slunken
Virgo

tbh i'm on the fence about purchasing a copy. depends on the packaging or any other info to be released. if i hate it, like i said, i could always sell it for a profit.

look at how much those astral plains and the other limited 7"s go for...

Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #63
slunken
Virgo

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...psee6d6efc.jpg

Old 04-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #64
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
my point was that this isn't that big of a deal. it's no different than anyone else who owns a shop also selling something else they do on the side there.
To be honest, slunken, maybe I'm partly wrestling and tea fatigued. Maybe I wouldn't mind as much if he didn't tie in his music with them so often lately. Providing VIP tea packages on tour and having "SP" sign autographs at his wrestling show was just the beginning in a long line of tie-ins. I just don't care about wrestling or his tea shop to be bombarded with it every single time he opens his mouth or by seeing it on SP media sites. I think it's absurd to read about 10 updates of wrestling and tea news on the official SP facebook page within a couple of weeks, when we barely get a peep on any Adore news. He has become a walking advertisement. Every time he's on TV lately he's wearing those tea shop shirts and surrounding himself with his wrestlers, no matter what the event is for. It's just too much.

It comes down to this, his tea business isn't doing well at all and, instead of hiring a professional manager and having a viable business plan to help it grow locally, he's resorting to using SP/Billy fans to keep it afloat and generate publicity (which still isn't working). Like Billy said, this is only the beginning of his plans.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #65
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:

andy on parks and rec sold his bands cds at his shoeshine stand but that certainly wasn't an "exclusive shoe shine only release"
only because nobody wrote a line for april

Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #66
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
he's resorting to using SP/Billy fans to keep it afloat and generate publicity (which still isn't working).
that's because sp fans are retarded and he knows it. lets not pretend that if billy wasn't in sp to begin with that this tea shop wouldn't exist. it ONLY exists because of SP/Billy fans. that's where the money came from to begin with.

i missed the tea on tour thing and i don't follow the fb feeds because there isn't any news and i also missed the sp signings at wrestling events because i don't care about that either.

so for someone who isn't stalking the band 24/7 i don't think its that big of a deal. maybe its a matter of zooming out a little.

its like following both monte and crestfallen on twitter and then complaining that the posts are exactly the same.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #67
slunken
Virgo

ie - how could monte separate his personal life from his website when the website is his life

Old 04-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #68
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's probably not going to be music that we're going to enjoy listening to anyways. Seems to me that the only appeal that it will have will be for collecting purposes... And even then, he left the door open for more pressings, which will certainly hurt the value of the "original run"

I don't see the problem with him releasing it/selling it through Zu-Zu's and it's website. It's an independent release so he may as well sell it through his little shop that he already has up and running.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #69
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
And even then, he left the door open for more pressings, which will certainly hurt the value of the "original run"
i can guarantee that subsequent pressings, if it were indeed to happen, would be either cd or digital only.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #70
slunken
Virgo

that's just billy dreaming big, as always

Old 04-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #71
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
that's because sp fans are retarded and he knows it. lets not pretend that if billy wasn't in sp to begin with that this tea shop wouldn't exist. it ONLY exists because of SP/Billy fans. that's where the money came from to begin with.

i missed the tea on tour thing and i don't follow the fb feeds because there isn't any news and i also missed the sp signings at wrestling events because i don't care about that either.

so for someone who isn't stalking the band 24/7 i don't think its that big of a deal. maybe its a matter of zooming out a little.

its like following both monte and crestfallen on twitter and then complaining that the posts are exactly the same.
As I remember it, the tea business started as a partnership with a professional business owner in his neighborhood and he wasn't supposed to be actively involved in it. He was just the co-owner.

Oh come on now, you don't have to stalk the band 24/7 to see these things. I didn't know about the VIP thing until Pave mentioned it to me in a thread. The wrestling thing I read on Netphoria. Netphoria is pretty much the source of all my SP news. I just look at fb for Adore news.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #72
slunken
Virgo

here's the thing - what other website would it be sold through???

zuzu's already has an online shop that took them ages to set up. why try and build one through nexus?

Old 04-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #73
Trotskilicious
Banned

pretty sure he's selling this stuff "through" the tea shop because he's making something specifically to balance the teashop's books maybe for tax reasons i don't know i'm not an accountant

Old 04-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #74
slunken
Virgo

i just think some people are looking WAAAY to much into this (big surprise sp fans)

i mean he also sells shitty t-shirts through the zuzu's webstore but nobody is really complaining about OMG THE TEA STRE NEEDS TO SELL TEA ONLY WHAT IS THIS SOME KIND OF GARMENT INDUSTRY FASHION LABEL NOW

Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #75
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
pretty sure he's selling this stuff "through" the tea shop because he's making something specifically to balance the teashop's books maybe for tax reasons i don't know i'm not an accountant
this is an interesting thought

Old 04-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #76
Trotskilicious
Banned

what the motherfucker needs to do is add a goddamn coffee machine

Old 04-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #77
slunken
Virgo

WHAT THE FUCK A ZUZUS MUG I GUESS BILLY STARTING A CERAMICS FACTORY NOW OH GEEZE FOCUS ON DA MUSIC

Old 04-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #78
Trotskilicious
Banned

like someone could be like "yo i want some tea, yo"
and then another motherfucker would be like "that sounds good"
and then the third motherfucker goes "you english limey fags i drink coffee"
and then the first two motherfuckers are like "well we can't go to zuzu's then"

good work bill

Old 04-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #79
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
what the motherfucker needs to do is add a goddamn coffee machine
it would probably be a lot easier to fill the seats and get people to stay

Old 04-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #80
slunken
Virgo

BILLY CORGAN AKA MR DRIP

Old 04-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #81
slunken
Virgo

LIVE THIS WEDNESDAY FROM 3PM TO 530PM FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #82
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i just think some people are looking WAAAY to much into this (big surprise sp fans)

i mean he also sells shitty t-shirts through the zuzu's webstore but nobody is really complaining about OMG THE TEA STRE NEEDS TO SELL TEA ONLY WHAT IS THIS SOME KIND OF GARMENT INDUSTRY FASHION LABEL NOW
What? Why does a tea shop only need to sell tea? I don't think I was arguing that at all. Sure, he's trying to make the tea shop be everything all at once but that's his problem.

My only complaint is him using his music fans and the SP label to sell his tea. I understand why he's doing but I think it's cheap.

I get it, you're not going to understand my take on this and that's fine.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #83
slunken
Virgo

No, I understand that smashing pumpkins fans are retarded.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #84
fuzzyroes
Banned

who really cares if he's trying to make some money for his shitty little tea store?

Old 04-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #85
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
No, I understand that smashing pumpkins fans are retarded.
I know, you mention it every second post.

Might I remind you that you're the one that repeatedly said in this thread that you "don't understand" and you're probably not going to. I just don't agree with the principal behind it, it's simple.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #86
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
here's the thing - what other website would it be sold through???

zuzu's already has an online shop that took them ages to set up. why try and build one through nexus?
Quote:
Quote:

This.

I don't really see it as a big deal either that he sells it via zuzus. It is just the easiest for him. And yes, it could be possible he might try avoid paying taxes etc.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #87
slunken
Virgo

my sister lives in downtown chicago and i guess H.Park is like 45 minutes out into the suburbs but I would go there every chance I got - sorry about it.

tbch i think it's just a matter of convenience. "hey you may not obsessively follow me online but i released this limited album that you can't purchase at best buy"

there are plenty of artists who i don't/can't follow online and if they ran a store and i saw something like that/this on the counter/under the display i would be extremely interested in.

i wouldn't berate them for cross-pollinating. if anything it would get me interested.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #88
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
who really cares if he's trying to make some money for his shitty little tea store?
Woahhhh! I agree with fuzzy! Did they find mh370 too?

Old 04-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #89
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
it would probably be a lot easier to fill the seats and get people to stay
when you limit what is, essentially, a coffeeshop to TEA ONLY OR GET OUT it's hard to fathom, tbh.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #90
slunken
Virgo

seriously though if ANY artist ran a store I would be more than greatful if I could pick up some of their material while I am there. the more limited and the more exclusive the better.

if genesis p-orridge (i'm just picking names here randomly) ran a laundromat, I would certainly hope I could pick up some rare/weirdo releases while I am there.