Old 06-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Countdown to Billy Throwing Tommy Lee Under the Bus

margin

Old 06-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

So let's get the obvious out of the way…
Billy can't work with anyone longterm without it eventually ending with him publicly ripping them. From the original band members, to Zwan, Kerry Brown, record execs, fans (maybe Monte's time will come), media, Courtney Love… at some point he will probably rip Mike or at least blame him for something.

This is Tommy Lee.

http://i.imgur.com/q0oHtVd.jpg

Tommy Lee is an addict. He has hepatitis. He gets arrested occasionally. He's a good drummer, though.

At what point will Billy have a falling out with him? If all they do is record together it might work out OK, but if Tommy tours with Billy it could be a disaster. Tommy raps up the Motley Crue "our last tour until we run out of money" tour in November and should be ready to go again next year when the Pumpkins album is out and Billy needs a drummer.

So… would the tour finish? Will Billy rip him before then? Will Tommy stay sober or piss Billy off as a "mean spirited drug addicted" and eventually be called "one of the worst human beings [Billy] has ever met.

This needs to be turned into a reality show.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

My prediction is July of 2015 for Billy's meltdown and publicly calling him out.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
T&T
Socialphobic

Billy will start blaming Tommy & Howard when the Monuments album reviews come out.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

You guys seriously think corgs has power in this relationship? I think you need to take a moment to realize Tommy is more famous, will keep up a good impression, everyone is on an a needed basis.

Ha-

Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
Order 66
Socialphobic

um.. pretty sure they're not touring together. he isn't that stupid

Old 06-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #7
Ram27
dumb

It would be incredibly hypocritical to tour with him

Old 06-27-2014, 12:22 AM   #8
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
um.. pretty sure they're not touring together. he isn't that stupid
Pretend I posted a picture of Byrne. I know Billy picked a 19 year old partly because he could control him, but it shows dude has poor judgment. He probably thought he could control Zwan and it got out of hand.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #9
fuzzyroes
Banned

I was thinking about this the other day. Tommy wouldn't be able to play the old jams, but if Billy toured the new album in the Oceania kind of fashion it could be possible that Tommy could come along to play that portion of the show. It would help generate interest for the tour and help get people out to the show.

At the very least, I'm sure they'll play a couple shows together playing the new material. Play some TV shows together and that sorta thing. But fuck man, I'd pay to see that. Billy and Tommy Lee jamming out together. Could be pretty damn cool.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6067/67561143.jpg

Old 06-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #11
Shallowed
Braindead

Any Motley Crue fans here?

Old 06-27-2014, 09:34 AM   #12
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

who cares
WELL-ARRANGED, WELL-PERFORMED, WELL-WRITTEN
songs or gtfo

Old 06-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #13
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

TL isn't really in the band. He's a studio musician. Bill has worked with many people that he hasn't dissed in public:

Lisa, Ginger, Linda, Jimmy, Bjorn, Matt Walker, Kenny Aranoff, Kevin Dipold, Butch Vig, Flood, etc.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #14
Shallowed
Braindead

#NotAllPeopleThatBillyCorganHasWorkedWith

Old 06-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #15
Ram27
dumb

He also said something about having the opportunity to bury him as a complete fucking liar or somesuch

Old 07-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #16
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
TL isn't really in the band. He's a studio musician. Bill has worked with many people that he hasn't dissed in public:

Lisa, Ginger, Linda, Jimmy, Bjorn, Matt Walker, Kenny Aranoff, Kevin Dipold, Butch Vig, Flood, etc.
Obviously it's not 100%. Hyperbole is not just a college football game.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:47 AM   #17
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterlips View Post
Jimmy? The one he said fuck off to and go ride in a white van? That was a bit of a diss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
He also said something about having the opportunity to bury him as a complete fucking liar or somesuch
>>>

Quote:
When Corgan revived the group in 2006, the lineup was Corgan, Chamberlin and some hired hands. They recorded a relentlessly heavy album called Zeitgeist, which focused only on the most metallic, brutal aspects of the Pumpkins' sound — it was as if Corgan was punishing fans for wanting the band back. "Some of the songs we didn't use for Zeitgeist sound like classic Smashing Pumpkins — they're ballad-y, big rock-anthem things," he says now. "I hear them and I'm like, 'What the fuck was I doing?' "

When Chamberlin and Corgan hit the road on a so-called 20th-anniversary tour in late 2008, fans started asking the same question. Dressed in long, shiny robes, Corgan played sets that were nearly four hours long, padded by a 25-minute cover of Pink Floyd's "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun," spiced with electronic bird calls. Fans walked out as Corgan berated them from the stage. "It was like burning a bridge, and I'm really good at burning bridges," Corgan says, smiling. "It was crazy — violent like I haven't seen in a long time. The dialogues with fans, they got contentious."

Afterward, Corgan fired Chamberlin — though the drummer halfheartedly suggests that he might have quit. Until he had his first child seven years ago, Chamberlin was a heroin addict — Corgan first fired him in 1996 after touring keyboardist Jonathan Melvoin died while partying with him on tour one night. Chamberlin is sober now, but Corgan is convinced that his character hasn't changed, that he is fundamentally "unhealthy." "Jimmy is a destructive human being, and people who are destructive break things," Corgan says. "I don't see me reaching the highest levels of my creativity if I'm unhealthy and if I have unhealthy people around me. Every time Jimmy didn't show up for a week in the studio, I made it about me. Any time James Iha was off in a corner somewhere not paying any fucking attention, I made it about me." After Corgan told Chamberlin he was out, the drummer "unloaded" on Corgan, unleashing 20 years worth of pent-up insults. "So I was like, 'Fuck you,' " Corgan recalls. " 'Go ride around in a white van for the rest of your life.' "

Chamberlin becomes apoplectic when he hears Corgan's account. "In the middle of the last tour, Billy said it was the agent's fault, then it was the band's fault, then it was the fans' fault," the drummer says. "Yes, in the past, I was a destructive human being. I was a complete drug addict and a complete loose cannon, but I've taken responsibility for my life.

"In the grand scheme of things," he adds, "it doesn't really move the needle that much anymore. It's a few gold rec*ords and a bunch of money. Who cares? I have a wife and kids, I'm completely happy." He has started a new band, called This, and he doesn't see the point of spending months painstakingly recording music anymore. "Music is such a small part of people's lives now," he says. "People don't sit around like they did in the Nineties and stare at album covers and think about Kurt and Billy. I fucking hated the Nineties."
Source:
http://m.rollingstone.com/rs-dance/n...ature-20110103

Quote:
[Jimmy Chamberlin] said in his statement on leaving that he “couldn’t just cash the cheque”…

“See now, here is a perfect opportunity for me to bury Jimmy as a fucking liar. But I won’t. That’s a lie. That statement’s just a flat-out lie.”

Do you still feel any rancor towards other band members about the way it ended?

“Uhhh… I’m OK with Jimmy. We don’t have a relationship at the moment, but I mean, I have no ill will. I want to see him do well. James Iha I think is just a piece of shit. I think he’s one of the worst human beings I’ve ever met in my life. And D’arcy, she’s sort of, in her own way, sort of an innocent.”
Source:
http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=12430

Old 07-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #18
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
>>>
words
Based on the FB messages we've seen Billy send to people threatening to sue them, hurt them, being bigoted, etc, I don't trust the "woe is me" and "I'm the victim" shit he gives to reporters. There's no reason to trust Jimmy more, but if Corgan repeatedly ends up changing and firing band members while others of them get sick of him and leave, it's hard to believe that Bolly is the saint while everyone else is the fucked up drug addict/asshole/piece of shit/lazy person, etc.

Besides, Billy doesn't have the work ethic he once had either, but that seems to be true with most stars once they make a ton of money and come down the other side of their popularity bell curve.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #19
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Tommy Lee?
http://i.imgur.com/VkV4SGh.jpg

Old 07-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #20
panda show
Ownz

nah, Tommy Lee won't be touring with SP, you sillies!

we all know who's gonna get that call..

http://www.vicfirth.com/artists/aronoff/kenny_2011.jpg

Old 07-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #21
null123
Minion of Satan

"People don't sit around like they did in the Nineties and stare at album covers and think about Kurt and Billy. I fucking hated the Nineties."

I love this quote so much.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #22
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy would never tour with Tommy Lee. People would probably be pissed when Tommy gets more applause.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #23
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
"People don't sit around like they did in the Nineties and stare at album covers and think about Kurt and Billy. I fucking hated the Nineties."

I love this quote so much.
++++

I love the tone of that article.

http://m.rollingstone.com/rs-dance/n...ature-20110103

Quote:
While he has steered clear of Western medicine (and recreational drugs) for a decade, Corgan says he suffers from an array of health complaints, including mercury, arsenic and lead poisoning. He believes that his lungs were damaged when he lived in Lower Manhattan after 9/11. He is "chronically, medically" dehydrated, allergic to alcohol and has weak ankles, which he protects with high-top Air Jordans.
Quote:
"Some of the songs we didn't use for Zeitgeist sound like classic Smashing Pumpkins — they're ballad-y, big rock-anthem things," he says now. "I hear them and I'm like, 'What the fuck was I doing?' "
Fucking cunt

Old 07-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #24
fuzzyroes
Banned

Corgans your typical hypochondriac.

Or how about that part in the article where he says he can levitate above Jessica Simpsons house or whatever? Guys bonkers.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:12 AM   #25
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

>>>

Quote:
"Some of the songs we didn't use for Zeitgeist sound like classic Smashing Pumpkins — they're ballad-y, big rock-anthem things," he says now. "I hear them and I'm like, 'What the fuck was I doing?' "
Quote:
"Honestly, I think the best album I’ve ever made I haven’t released. It’s sitting in a can at home. I did a solo acoustic record about my hometown of Chicago. And I played one show, and I thought the show was amazing, and then I went on like an idiot the next day and read what the fans were writing and they said ‘Can he just please pick up an electric guitar again? Screw this acoustic music, we don’t want to hear this shit, dadadada.’ And I said OK, and I put the album back in the can and it’s sitting there to this day. People who’ve heard it say it’s some of the most beautiful work I’ve ever done. It’s just sitting there."

http://ohitsjustawful.files.wordpres...lly-corgan.png

Old 07-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #26
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Chamberlin becomes apoplectic when he hears Corgan's account. "In the middle of the last tour, Billy said it was the agent's fault, then it was the band's fault, then it was the fans' fault," the drummer says. "Yes, in the past, I was a destructive human being. I was a complete drug addict and a complete loose cannon, but I've taken responsibility for my life.
Never noticed that diss, very accurate.