Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2018, 07:49 AM   #421
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Which demos is the question referring to?

I can't remember if it was something to do with whoever was working on the reissues, or something to do with lucky 13.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:00 AM   #422
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Which demos is the question referring to?

I can't remember if it was something to do with whoever was working on the reissues, or something to do with lucky 13.

2014:

Quote:

Several MACHINA era Smashing Pumpkins demos recently leaked online, much to the dismay of Billy Corgan, who has claimed on his SmashingPumpkinsNexus.com blog that he will be suing the responsible party:

“That said, I’ll be complaining plenty any second now about a host of stolen SP tracks that someone criminal out there is taking glee in leaking. So I hope they got a good lawyer, because the tips are already coming in as to who this person is, and SP Int’l will be prosecuting; if not to mention suing for big bucks. Stay tuned, more to follow on that.”

The demos leaked ******* “Raindrops + Sunshowers” and “Glass and the Ghost Children.”
http://archive.alternativenation.net...umpkins-songs/

...and/or :

2016:

Quote:
The band’s original line up – consisting of Billy Corgan, James Iha, D’arcy Wretzky and Jimmy Chamberlin – have claimed that a mystery source has obtained and ‘leaked’ demos from the band’s ‘Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness’ sessions around 1995, which went on to be one of the group’s biggest albums. The tracks in question are ‘One and Two’ (Penned by Iha) and ‘The Tracer’ taken from the band’s ‘Zero’ EP.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/smash...ins-17-1205660

Old 08-17-2018, 08:02 AM   #423
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

most importantly, did someone go to Disneyland with all the cash rewards?

Old 08-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #424
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Old 08-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #425
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

God I love Billy. He's like a living Tim Heidecker character.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #426
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

time is right for suing into oblivion
try to find messiah in your bank account
i am cunt

Old 08-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #427
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

"Sue You Into Oblivion" should be the next single from the highly anticipated Solara LP.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #428
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

in all honesty, he's saying nothing here. he starts with no, and that's the entire answer. however, in typical b'arcy fashion, he then fabricates a lie using a qualifier that "we are now pretty sure". well, either you are or you aren't. which is it? it's been two years, perhaps four, so are you sure or not? and if you legitimately were sure, why would you wait to sue? need to align more negative press to drop immediately before the next reuinion tour (i.e. d'arcy) or is he waiting for the next time he's broke from a wrestling investment and can extract $15 from monte's bank account. i also like how he ropes in jimmy and james using we as if they give a flying fuck.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #429
SPLATTER
Demi-God

he's pretty sure he'll have proof once he's done changing the leaker's DNA

Old 08-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #430
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
A side note on my q + a sessions here on IG (their new 'feature'). I do enjoy interacting with those interested, and I don't mind shedding light on those darkened corners of SP world that doesn't make it into the media ****-narrative of dysfunction and impending doom that has served as the band's mythos so well thru the years. Hence my willingness to tackle questions about a guitar effect here or a nomenclature there. It is my pleasure to serve as the source. But, and it's a gentle admonition, one can only be asked about other artist's careers or perceived status so many times before it just seems like a sneaky form of trolling. So from now on those questions are out. As in, never again.

As a follow-up to my last post about parenting (or by extension nurturing your own inner child), I'd just like to say I'm a bit fried at this moment of the tour to say anything with clarity. And heartened as I am by the amount of encouraging feedback, I also acknowledge that the seriousness of the subject asks that I bring more to the table than just some anecdotal observations. On a personal note, my son rejoins the tour tomorrow, and I'm very much looking forward to spending some time with him as he loves being around the band and the people we work with. Augustus' new favorite thing being able to travel and sleep on the bus. Unlike his Father, who is no fan of the travel and the murky nights without real sleep. A side note on my q + a sessions here on IG (their new 'feature'). I do enjoy interacting with those interested, and I don't mind shedding light on those darkened corners of SP world that doesn't make it into the media ****-narrative of dysfunction and impending doom that has served as the band's mythos so well thru the years. Hence my willingness to tackle questions about a guitar effect here or a nomenclature there. It is my pleasure to serve as the source. But, and it's a gentle admonition, one can only be asked about other artist's careers or perceived status so many times before it just seems like a sneaky form of trolling. So from now on those questions are out. As in, never again. I'll say this once more, too. I don't care what outside forces think of SP at 30. The feat of us being on stage, harmoniously, speaks for itself. And if that doesn't, nothing else will. 3 hours, 31 songs. This is reality, night in, night out: for beautiful, wonderful, supportive audiences. There is no other qualifier in that statement. We are grateful. I do not read press, nor am I concerned if this Titanic (our ship) is headed towards an iceberg, or is instead sitting under a digitally created rainbow. In the here and now, things are great. We have the love of our families, which we share into the greater SP family. Like I like to say, you can have the past, and someday I'll finish that book. But for now, this here and now, we have each other. And that's all I need

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

Old 08-17-2018, 12:00 PM   #431
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

imagine if that dude was your dad

poor auggie jupes

Old 08-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #432
jommyfive
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
imagine if that dude was your dad

poor auggie jupes
what do you mean

Old 08-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #433
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

I can only imagine the amount of bullying that poor kid is going to endure because his dad was enough of a pretentious asshat to name him Augustus Jupiter. Unless of course Billy shells out some cash and sends him to a private school that is populated solely by the children of idiot celebrities who gave their kids stupid names.

Teacher: Good morning, class! I'd like to introduce you all to the newest student in our class, Augustus Jupiter Corgan. You may have heard of him, as he's the son of Stone Temple Pumpkins singer and bass guitar player Willy Corgan. Augustus, why don't you go have a seat next to Pirate Houseman Davis and Pilot Inspektor Lee.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #434
patj825
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
I can only imagine the amount of bullying that poor kid is going to endure because his dad was enough of a pretentious asshat to name him Augustus Jupiter. Unless of course Billy shells out some cash and sends him to a private school that is populated solely by the children of idiot celebrities who gave their kids stupid names.

Teacher: Good morning, class! I'd like to introduce you all to the newest student in our class, Augustus Jupiter Corgan. You may have heard of him, as he's the son of Stone Temple Pumpkins singer and bass guitar player Willy Corgan. Augustus, why don't you go have a seat next to Pirate Houseman Davis and Pilot Inspektor Lee.
There is "Gus" for short.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #435
jommyfive
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
There is "Gus" for short.
Or "Aug-dizzle"

Old 08-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #436
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Auggie-Dog

Old 08-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #437
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

God forbid someone ask Billy a question about another artist and not something focused entirely on himself (his favorite topic).

Old 08-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #438
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy, you're fucking with my traffic with this new Q&A rule.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #439
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b'arcy
I don't care what outside forces think of SP at 30. The feat of us being on stage, harmoniously, speaks for itself. And if that doesn't, nothing else will. 3 hours, 31 songs. This is reality, night in, night out: for beautiful, wonderful, supportive audiences. There is no other qualifier in that statement. We are grateful. I do not read press, nor am I concerned if this Titanic (our ship) is headed towards an iceberg, or is instead sitting under a digitally created rainbow. In the here and now, things are great. We have the love of our families, which we share into the greater SP family. Like I like to say, you can have the past, and someday I'll finish that book. But for now, this here and now, we have each other. And that's all I need
there is no feat of being onstage, because d'arcy is not there.
yes, that does speak for itself.
there are other qualifiers: bored, nostalgic, tag-along, depressed, hoodwinked, etc.
glad to know you don't give a fuck about where the SP ship is headed. these days, i wonder if you ever did, tbh

Old 08-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #440
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

It's kinda funny that in an attempt to say "if this thing is just the Titanic, headed towards an iceberg" he directly called it the Titanic, meaning that yes, it is headed toward and iceberg and will absolutely sink into the ocean.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #441
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 08-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #442
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Billy says this with peace and love....no more fucking questions about other artist's careers or perceived status!

Old 08-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #443
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Someone ask him what his favorite Screaming Trees song is.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #444
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post

Who was the celebrity that named their kid "Apple"? Atleast with his name, he has several shortened options that sound normal.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #445
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
there is no feat of being onstage, because d'arcy is not there.
yes, that does speak for itself.
there are other qualifiers: bored, nostalgic, tag-along, depressed, hoodwinked, etc.
glad to know you don't give a fuck about where the SP ship is headed. these days, i wonder if you ever did, tbh
It still cashes is his bank account all the same.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #446
slayed23
Ownz

I guess the best part about Billy's Q&A is he just doesn't give a damn about a few disgruntled former fans (netphoria people) that criticize every move he makes.

And I mean, why would he? You have a rock star that is going to make millions of dollars in a matter of months who also just sold out the most famous arena in the world when no one thought he would even play there again let alone sell it out. A tour that is getting acclaim by 95% of the people that go to see it. Why would you focus on the 5% of people that hate everything you do?

Old 08-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #447
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
It still cashes is his bank account all the same.
you're right

b'arcy "moneybags" corgan. that's always been his motivation, i was too blind to see it

Old 08-17-2018, 02:20 PM   #448
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Who was the celebrity that named their kid "Apple"? Atleast with his name, he has several shortened options that sound normal.
That was the child of Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay Guy.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #449
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
you're right

b'arcy "moneybags" corgan. that's always been his motivation, i was too blind to see it
It's everyone's motivation. Otherwise you would see Taylor Swift traveling to the Fairbanks, Alaska's of the world to play in a 1,000 seat theatre for 50 dollars a ticket so truly all of her fans can get an intimate experience with her in a proper musical setting - aka not a huge stadium where the sole purpose is to draw in as many people as possible.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #450
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I guess the best part about Billy's Q&A is he just doesn't give a damn about a few disgruntled former fans (netphoria people) that criticize every move he makes.

And I mean, why would he? You have a rock star that is going to make millions of dollars in a matter of months who also just sold out the most famous arena in the world when no one thought he would even play there again let alone sell it out. A tour that is getting acclaim by 95% of the people that go to see it. Why would you focus on the 5% of people that hate everything you do?
rock star - has been
millions of dollars - to offset his wrestling loss(es)
most famous arena in the world - huh?
95% acclaim - hyperbole
5% - because they have valid points

it seems like you only see the shiny and oh so bright side of things. so either you're an optimist or your head is really far up your ass (or b'arcy cola's)