Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 11:33 PM   #61
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
no, I just expect someone to clarify themselves when they make a claim like that, and in your case you usually don't and never back up whatever stupid claim you've made this time. you like now.
Well come on, man. It's pretty obvious when the troll accounts are dripping with your humor, and when there's only like 5-10 active posters engaging on this platform, it's not hard to come up with a hypothesis based on the process of elimination

Old 01-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #62
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Views on YouTube are meaningless. “Gangnam Style” has 3.4 billion views and it’s a dumb song no one in society is meaningfully engaging with.
Uhhh, that song was literally a cultural phenomenon that all the normies and sheeple in society were engaging with. Sure, it's a ridiculous song, but the average person in society is incredibly stupid, so they gravitate towards such idiocy. Is this a surprise to you?

Old 01-25-2020, 11:57 PM   #63
fuzzyroes
Banned

The establishment has always lied and manipulated the public and they continue to do so today.

This was a page featured in all of the top magazines in the 1950's

Nothing has changed. I always laugh at the sheeple who say "oh yeah, the instruments of the establishment lied to us all of the time BACK IN THE DAY but they surely wouldn't do it today!

Open your eyes, do your own research, don't believe the lies.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:57 AM   #64
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Well come on, man. It's pretty obvious when the troll accounts are dripping with your humor, and when there's only like 5-10 active posters engaging on this platform, it's not hard to come up with a hypothesis based on the process of elimination
absolutely zero interest in your thought process. just tell me what are my fucking troll accounts will you

Old 01-26-2020, 08:23 AM   #65
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

> Any chance for a FUZZYROES 25 anniversary on Netphoria in 20XX?

Old 01-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #66
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Uhhh, that song was literally a cultural phenomenon that all the normies and sheeple in society were engaging with. Sure, it's a ridiculous song, but the average person in society is incredibly stupid, so they gravitate towards such idiocy. Is this a surprise to you?
Exactly?

Old 01-26-2020, 01:14 PM   #67
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Ehhh it's just an outlet for me to partake in some political activism. It does get a little all encompassing sometimes as sometimes I'd just like to discuss some arts and entertainment or something like that, but I can't really think of any pertinent people to follow from those scenes. Most musicians I like don't use Tweeter
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #68
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
No offense, but you strike me as a rather simple man. The majority of major tours from legacy acts have "zero evidence" that they're going to happen before being announced.

The main way you can deduce if a band is going to tour is if they're releasing new music, but that logic goes out the window when discussing oldies acts.
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #69
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
To be fair, he has kind of gone the grifter route to appeal to the Trumptards
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #70
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Though it's an old Tweeter account, I only started really utilizing it like a month or 2 ago, so I only have 94 followers.

It's always hard to know what reply or tweet will go viral or not. Usually it depends on someone retweeting it and then it can sometimes lead to a domino effect and that's always fun to see when you get that energy behind your analysis. It's like this time Tim Pool made a video about a review I wrote about Joe Rogan. I cued up the moment below. The Reddit page that he features was also mine.

So you just never know when your writing is gonna make an impact
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:16 PM   #71
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Well, Joe Rogan saw that particular video and felt shame, so he later had Tim Pool on the podcast with Jack Dorsey in an attempt to right the ship. Pool ended up laying into Dorsey in what is now thought of as a legendary podcast. Joe Rogan admitted that Tim's video that featured my article acted as an initial eye opener to him... Yes, Joe Rogan himself heard my entire article where I teared him a new one. Funnily enough, in my article I also criticized him for not having Alex Jones back on The Joe Rogan Experience... Jones would appear back on the Rogan podcast 3 weeks later...

So you see, you never know how a little online activism can lead to a chain of reaction to really affect a rising awareness and a political impact
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:16 PM   #72
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
He didn't really become a household name UNTIL Rogan had him on his show (Rogan only invited him on to address the video containing my article). The video clip set off something of a chain reaction and certainly bolstered Pools career.

Now of course, one could argue that Pool may have made a similar video even if he hadn't read my piece, but a fact remains a fact and he even named the video after a quote in my article. And we know for a fact that Rogan watched that video where I took him to the woodshed for not having Jones back on and 3 weeks later Alex was back on the podcast. Coincidence? perhaps, but there's at least circumstantial evidence here that cannot be denied.
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #73
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
I assume probably all of the ones still around, since it's clear that I obviously struck a nerve with you
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #74
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Well, his first stream with Rogan had over 3 million views and his second appearance almost 4 million views. That's like rock-star levels of societal engagement. For instance, compare that to Billy Corgan's appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience that got 2 million views. Say what one will about Billy Corgan, he's still a household name
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #75
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #76
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #77
Hey!
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
The establishment has always lied and manipulated the public and they continue to do so today.

This was a page featured in all of the top magazines in the 1950's

Nothing has changed. I always laugh at the sheeple who say "oh yeah, the instruments of the establishment lied to us all of the time BACK IN THE DAY but they surely wouldn't do it today!

Open your eyes, do your own research, don't believe the lies.
Hey! Shut up, asshole!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:37 PM   #78
Kahlo

classic Hey!

Old 01-26-2020, 01:51 PM   #79
myosis
Minion of Satan

I think trolls can be efficient when they're not overdoing it...

Old 01-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #80
jimmay
Oblivious Virgin

whoa

Old 01-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #81
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
fuzzyroes: My writing is good. I am smart.

me: What makes you say that?

fuzzyroes: Dude. Sooooo many views on YouTube.

me: Dude. “Gangnam Style” also got soooo many views on YouTube. And it’s garbage.

fuzzyroes: BRO ARE YOU SERIOUS? “Gangnam Style” only got so many views because people are idiots!!!!!!

me: Exactly?

fuzzyroes: Yes, Joe Rogan himself heard my entire article where I teared him a new one.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:10 PM   #82
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Exclamation

Old 01-27-2020, 09:44 PM   #83
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
fuzzyroes: My writing is good. I am smart.

me: What makes you say that?

fuzzyroes: Dude. Sooooo many views on YouTube.

me: Dude. “Gangnam Style” also got soooo many views on YouTube. And it’s garbage.

fuzzyroes: BRO ARE YOU SERIOUS? “Gangnam Style” only got so many views because people are idiots!!!!!!

me: Exactly?

fuzzyroes: Yes, Joe Rogan himself heard my entire article where I teared him a new one.
You are one of the most unintelligent people that I've ever had the misfortune of corresponding with online.

Do you not see the difference between view-count being important in regards to a novelty song VS outside the box political analysis?

You can't be this dense

Old 01-27-2020, 09:48 PM   #84
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
no, I just expect someone to clarify themselves when they make a claim like that, and in your case you usually don't and never back up whatever stupid claim you've made this time. you like now.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #85
fuzzyroes
Banned

My suspicions have been entirely vindicated by your outlandish reactions.

When there's only 7 active posters on a forum, it's not hard to pinpoint the culprit. You've been outwitted once again

Old 01-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #86
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
You are one of the most unintelligent people that I've ever had the misfortune of corresponding with online.
well you've never talked to yourself

Old 01-27-2020, 09:59 PM   #87
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Do you not see the difference between view-count being important in regards to a novelty song VS outside the box political analysis?

You can't be this dense
There is no correlation between quality of content and amount of views.

The category of “outside the box political analysis” includes KKK members, members of extremist cults, Al Qaeda, etc. Many of those people have achieved high numbers of engagement on social media

Old 01-27-2020, 10:33 PM   #88
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:

this is like the sixth time he has had an argument like this with someone on netphoria. he'll just argue whatever he thinks backs him up in the moment with zero consistency. if you ask him about taylor swift's popularity, he'll say popularity has no correlation with quality and doesn't mean anything.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:36 AM   #89
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
You've been outwitted once again
who the fuck talks like this

btw it's not him

Old 01-28-2020, 12:47 AM   #90
fuzzyroes
Banned

Sorry, I suppose I should talk down in a simple way so as to appease to the intelligence of the average Netphorian

You'd have no way to know whether it's JJ or not.

Closed Thread