Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2016, 10:22 PM   #271
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Slunken that's brilliant. When you get a chance, could I send you approximately 600 pages of single-spaced self-help journals for similar treatment? If you don't mind a looooooooot of masturbation scenes, I think we could be on to something here
I want at least 40 points on the bio - maybe 60 - depending on the raw text

Old 03-18-2016, 12:10 AM   #272
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

This woman sounds like she is genuinely excited to go see this show with me for some reason

I feel pretty good.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:33 AM   #273
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I don't think going to a cinema alone is weird. You show up right on time, walk in and the lights are going down and you sit down, and enjoy the theater and the picture and leave. It's not a social event or anything. With that said, I've never done it personally, but I see a lot of other people doing it. I go to a lot of concerts alone though and it never phases me. Some friends of mine find it odd but hey, it's hard finding people to go see a concert on a Monday!

don't worry about what people think and you'll have a good time
You know, fuzzy, you seem like a genuinely nice, even-tempered, and non-malicious guy so it makes me feel kind of bad about making fun of you when you post dumb shit.

Yeah, it's not like people are supposed to even carry on a conversation during a movie, so there really shouldn't be anything odd about going alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Yeah, I've gone to the theater alone a ton of times. Sometimes what I wanna see just doesn't appeal to my friends and loved ones. Or sometimes no one else has the time or the money and I just want to see it regardless.

Only been to one concert alone. I admittedly felt a little weird about being in such a huge crowd without anyone to talk to between bands, but that's just me.
I tend to go to concerts alone all the time, and I've never even thought of it as weird, even though I have reservations about going to a movie theatre alone. I dunno, I guess what I think is odd and what I think is normal is pretty arbitrary. Social folkways in general are arbitrary. It's weird how we use such meaningless unspoken rules to regulate our behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
yeah i can totes relate. i hate it when women think i am coming on to them. i think it has something to do with a lack of self confidence. maybe. just maybe.
I'm also too afraid to try to approach women with romantic intent, but I'm also scared of making women think I'm interested in them when I'm not.

I remember one time, I was standing on the train and staring into space, and-- christ, I'm literally cringing and hyperventilating just typing this story out, it's difficult to have to relive-- and I remembered something funny, so I started grinning. I was wearing sunglasses, so I didn't realize immediately that I was looking directly at some chick in my degree programme that I've seen around a lot, who was sitting down right in front of me. So, it looked like I was staring at her and smiling, and she looked kind of disturbed. The whole thing was awkward as fuck and it probably looked like I was leering at her.

I have no particular thoughts about this person. There is nothing wrong with her, but it wasn't like I was attracted to her or anything, she was just a person. But I still avoid her every time I see her and will hop on a different train car if she's taking the same train. The incident happened probably like two or three years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
tonight i have the first of like 7 upcoming dates with faceless ladies from the internet.
will be back with stories of failure and rejection by tmrw. (boarding a plane to San Fransisco in 2 hrs btw)
Somebody explain this meme to me. I know it has something to do with Scotty but I don't get the context.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:23 AM   #274
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
This woman sounds like she is genuinely excited to go see this show with me for some reason

I feel pretty good.
Quote:
That's great news. I hope you have a good time!

Old 03-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #275
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I am really restricted by this intense fear I have of being perceived by women as being creepy or making unwanted advances. It's SO hard for me to just go up to someone I don't know because I will just torture myself afterwards with what a weird loser she probably thinks I am and how uncomfortable I probably made her with my unwelcome affections
This is the plight of the single male. Whether you like it or not, if you are hitting on women a good percentage of them will slap you with the "creepy" label. The difference between creepy and charming is largely based on your appearance. However, your decision to internalize the rejection or just shrug it off is all on you. Easier said than done of course. Being afraid of rejection comes across as needy and women can smell that from a mile away.

I'm 27 and back on the market after a few years in a relationship, and the dating scene is completely different than when I was in university. I think tinder dates kind of put you on an island where you have no social-proof from friends or anything to illustrate to her that you are not insane. So you are left to your own song and dance and even then if everything is going well with a girl, you are still working from a deficit vs. if you had met through a social group.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #276
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

so my date today turned out pretty well.

somebody ask me "but did u get head"

Old 03-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #277
TuralyonW3
Immortal

gettin high with Jesus Lizard Liar on full blast. hittin up palm beach later

Old 03-18-2016, 06:52 PM   #278
TuralyonW3
Immortal

rock doesn't get much more rock than this:

Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #279
TuralyonW3
Immortal

and then this annihilates your soul:

Well, fuck this rain
My finger nails have got torn off
This rain will never let up
My blistered wounds are swollen mounds
Sail
I've been
Pumped full with salt water
I filled my stomach up so full
And I filled this cubby hole so full
And I tried to cram some more
But it won't go in
I've seen my father go before
I've seen my mother go before
I've seen my sister go before
I've seen my brother go before
I've seen my true love
I've seen my daughter go before
I've seen my son go before
I've seen my friends all go before

Old 03-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #280
great poster
Apocalyptic Poster

got in a car accident with my girlfriend this morning. Very light injuries but I'm gonna take my mind off the stress by getting shit faced tonight or just take a Xanax and chill out.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:00 PM   #281
redbreegull

Question

Quote:
but did u get head
well?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #282
hnibos
Braindead

And was there anal play?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #283
redbreegull

did you insert your forefinger into her vagina and your thumb in her butt and drive her around like a wheel barrow?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #284
hnibos
Braindead

Most importantly, did you come in her vag, in her mouth, on her face or on her tits?

Old 03-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #285
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Did you check her mucous membranes for active lesions ahead of any potentially infectious contact?

Old 03-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #286
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Did you check her mucous membranes for active lesions ahead of any potentially infectious contact?
underappreciated and illrespected pastime for sure

Old 03-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #287
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

so anyway we really hit it off, came back to my place to play some songs and ended up an with me fingering her with us both almost fully naked, and although she really wanted to she didn't want to go all the way. so i got head and came in her mouth instead. which, with the big picture in mind, is kind of a disappointment really - but hey.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:55 PM   #288
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

really, it's disappointing?

Old 03-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #289
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
gettin high with Jesus Lizard Liar on full blast. hittin up palm beach later
hey so, are you happy with your choice to move to FL after all these years now? i remember you didnt seem too happy with it for a while

Old 03-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #290
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
really, it's disappointing?
yeah, what?

I wanted to quote "i have touched a girl's boobs and butt so far" but I couldn't remember the exact wording to do it justice and our search feature is a sham

Old 03-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #291
hnibos
Braindead

I'm usually disappointed after meaningless sex but I hope it turns out to not be meaningless for you two.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #292
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i mean unless you mean it's disappointing in the big picture because you will not pass on your genes like you would if you came in her vagina?

(too much evo psych class)

Old 03-18-2016, 10:09 PM   #293
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
yeah, what?

I wanted to quote "i have touched a girl's boobs and butt so far" but I couldn't remember the exact wording to do it justice and our search feature is a sham
i have touches a girl's lips, butts and tits so far, but i hope one day it will come true

Old 03-18-2016, 10:12 PM   #294
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

well i'm not disappointed, i have that after sex joy thing going on and that's something i hadn't felt in a very long time.

it's just that she was insanely hot for it but kind of wouldn't allow herself to get lost in the moment, but it'll probably happen one of the next times i see her. i don't see it really going anywhere though - even though i automatically default to going into relationship mode, i mean it probably isn't written in the stars. but life is what happens when you're busy making plans, right?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:13 PM   #295
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

besides i have like another 5 dates coming up, so who knows, i might turn into a "playa". probably not.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:55 PM   #296
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 03-19-2016, 12:17 AM   #297
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Next time, you could put on a romantic movie to get the both of you in the mood. Something along the lines of Edmond.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:07 AM   #298
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i fucking knew "cannibal holocaust" wasn't the best choice

Old 03-19-2016, 03:01 AM   #299
redbreegull

Talking

Quote:
besides i have like another 5 dates coming up, so who knows, i might turn into a "playa".
hahaha

Old 03-19-2016, 03:10 AM   #300
redbreegull

so this concert is 3 weeks away. should I try to hang out with her before then?

we've been chatting a bit, just a few messages back and forth a day, but I'm kind of worried I am going to do something dumb and lose the momentum of the conversation over that period of time