Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #4021
Aeris
Demi-God

ffxv fuckin owns
i've played 20 hours and i'm still in chapter 3 and i just want to fish and ride chocobos everywhere
i never knew this is what i wanted in a final fantasy game

Old 12-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #4022
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
My cousin copied me the emulator he uses and about a billion old games. I have more games than I can ever play on this laptop now.

If only I knew where to start
Pick a system and we'll tell you what to play. Personally my fave era/console is SNES; can recommend a butt ton of lesser known fun games

Old 12-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #4023
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
ffxv fuckin owns
i've played 20 hours and i'm still in chapter 3 and i just want to fish and ride chocobos everywhere
i never knew this is what i wanted in a final fantasy game
How's the tunes

Good to know there'll b a good FF to play when I buy next gen in 10 yrs or so

Old 12-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #4024
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i've been playing fallout new vegas. 27 hours in. i got ED-E really early in the game (with spare parts) and he's generally been able to kill most enemies without me even getting involved until the last couple places i went to. i've basically put all of my points into energy weapons, explosives, speech, and lockpick and it's working so far for me. i put all my extra stat points (str intel etc) into perception and intelligence.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:45 PM   #4025
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Any monster hunters? I got 4 for the 3ds as my 1st monster hunter game. Gotta say I'm a little overwhelmed. Still trying out the weapons, combat hasn't "clicked" for me yet, still feels awkward

Old 12-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #4026
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i've been playing fallout new vegas. 27 hours in. i got ED-E really early in the game (with spare parts) and he's generally been able to kill most enemies without me even getting involved until the last couple places i went to. i've basically put all of my points into energy weapons, explosives, speech, and lockpick and it's working so far for me. i put all my extra stat points (str intel etc) into perception and intelligence.
I wish I could play this but I heard it's BS on the PS3, like totally unplayable

Old 12-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #4027
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yeah seems too complex for a PS controller

Old 12-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #4028
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Pick a system and we'll tell you what to play. Personally my fave era/console is SNES; can recommend a butt ton of lesser known fun games
I can do with good recommendations on NES, SNES and Mega Drive games.
My preferences are usually with platformers, action and puzzle games.

I never got into the old style RPGs so, idk. If there's a newbie friendly easy and fun RPG I would try it.

Been playing a lot of Street Fighter this past few days. I feel like i'm 12 again

Old 12-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #4029
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Hmm fave platformer on SNES is probably the Aladdin game. Truly a joy to control and beautiful graphics/music. The earthworm jims are great but can be obtuse/frustrating to get into. Pitfall the Mayan Adventure is superb but hard as balls in spots

This is off top, I'll check my collection later and add some more

Old 12-22-2016, 10:45 AM   #4030
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Well I've done it. I've accepted the challenge of the Souls games. Got Demon's Souls. Still dying, hard, but strangely compelled to keep trying. I am a temple knight

Old 12-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #4031
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Have you played Fallout 3? How does it compare? I'm thinking about playing New Vegas next

Old 12-22-2016, 11:43 AM   #4032
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Hmm fave platformer on SNES is probably the Aladdin game. Truly a joy to control and beautiful graphics/music. The earthworm jims are great but can be obtuse/frustrating to get into. Pitfall the Mayan Adventure is superb but hard as balls in spots

This is off top, I'll check my collection later and add some more
Thanks, I never played those before. Will definitely give them a shot. Thanks!

Old 12-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #4033
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Have you played Fallout 3? How does it compare? I'm thinking about playing New Vegas next
i did not play fallout 3.

the only problem with new vegas is a lot of general playing bugs, for example sometimes it knocks me out of first person and i can't get back into it unless i quit the game and come back in. this happens after almost all quick travel and other times, too. i also get this thing where the menus either scroll all the way down or all the way up and again i have to exit and restart the game to fix it. this happens sometimes several times an hour, sometimes once every 2-3 hours. but way too often. and then if i re-launch the game directly after exiting it sometimes gets stuck in loading the game and i can't even access the task manager and have to sign out of windows and sign back in. which takes all of 10 seconds but ya know, anything else open has to re-open etc

despite that it's been really fun, i've played like 50 hours and got a perk where i can see every location in the game and i've been to about half. i just did a major thing in the main plot and it was pretty satisfying. i have a lot of side stuff on the radar plus all those places i haven't been to yet. plus i haven't done any of the DLC (i bought the ultimate edition with all of it included).

i may at some point uninstall and reinstall the game to see if the bugs get fixed but i'm more worried about somehow fucking it up more

Old 12-22-2016, 05:15 PM   #4034
redbreegull

Quote:
i did not play fallout 3.

the only problem with new vegas is a lot of general playing bugs, for example sometimes it knocks me out of first person and i can't get back into it unless i quit the game and come back in. this happens after almost all quick travel and other times, too. i also get this thing where the menus either scroll all the way down or all the way up and again i have to exit and restart the game to fix it. this happens sometimes several times an hour, sometimes once every 2-3 hours. but way too often. and then if i re-launch the game directly after exiting it sometimes gets stuck in loading the game and i can't even access the task manager and have to sign out of windows and sign back in. which takes all of 10 seconds but ya know, anything else open has to re-open etc

despite that it's been really fun, i've played like 50 hours and got a perk where i can see every location in the game and i've been to about half. i just did a major thing in the main plot and it was pretty satisfying. i have a lot of side stuff on the radar plus all those places i haven't been to yet. plus i haven't done any of the DLC (i bought the ultimate edition with all of it included).

i may at some point uninstall and reinstall the game to see if the bugs get fixed but i'm more worried about somehow fucking it up more
are there updates available for PC versions of games like this? Fallout 3 in the 360 was buggy, but not quite to the extent you are describing

Old 12-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #4035
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yeah, there are lots of updates. i have the latest version though. i can't really find anyone having the first person problem like i am - when i search i get people who have somehow re-mapped their keys and that's why they can't change their perspective. and the scrolling issue i can't really find but i haven't searched very hard. i did do a general check of my files thru steam and it did identify something as corrupt and re-downloaded it. i haven't played much since then so we'll see.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:18 PM   #4036
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Any monster hunters? I got 4 for the 3ds as my 1st monster hunter game. Gotta say I'm a little overwhelmed. Still trying out the weapons, combat hasn't "clicked" for me yet, still feels awkward
I've played a TON of both Monster Hunter 3 and 4 on the 3ds. I love those games (at least until they get insanely difficult later on)

The combat can take some getting used to, it feels super slow at first. But once you learn to identify the openings and pick your correct attacks it feels SO satisfying.
I really recommend reading up on the weapons and how to properly use them (online, cause the in game tutorials are super basic). I was super lost at first and then I read you could dizzy monsters with the hammer if you smack them in the head, so I started using the hammer and it's been my weapon ever since.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #4037
freshfacedyouth
Ownz

currently playing the latest call of duty because i'll never stop being a 13-year-old

Old 12-23-2016, 08:15 PM   #4038
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I can do with good recommendations on NES, SNES and Mega Drive games.
Shadowrun on the SNES was always a favourite of mine.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:14 PM   #4039
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshfacedyouth View Post
currently playing the latest call of duty because i'll never stop being a 13-year-old
I actually came here to ask what people see in Call of Duty. I have Call of Duty II for PS3 that I inherited in the divorce and I just...I don't get the massive appeal. At all. This game bored me to tears.

Can you tell me in 100 words or less what you enjoy about these games?

Old 12-23-2016, 09:28 PM   #4040
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Booted up some borderlands 2 for 1st time tonite shits bananananananas

Old 12-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #4041
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I actually came here to ask what people see in Call of Duty. I have Call of Duty II for PS3 that I inherited in the divorce and I just...I don't get the massive appeal. At all. This game bored me to tears.

Can you tell me in 100 words or less what you enjoy about these games?
I don't get it either. The linear maps and 100% scripted movements of the enemies makes for one of the most boring shooters ever.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:43 PM   #4042
Elphenor
Braindead

You don't play it for the campaign you play it to dumpster noobs online

I don't like military shooters very much but I'm just saying

Old 12-23-2016, 09:46 PM   #4043
redbreegull

why do you have to buy a shitty game to dumpster noobs online? can't you do that as easily with a decent game?

Old 12-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #4044
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I don't get it either. The linear maps and 100% scripted movements of the enemies makes for one of the most boring shooters ever.
I'm glad it's not just me. Granted, I've always struggled as an adult with games that don't let you color outside of the lines.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #4045
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

But srsly, I'd love to hear from people who genuinely enjoy the game

Old 12-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #4046
redbreegull

Quote:
I'm glad it's not just me. Granted, I've always struggled as an adult with games that don't let you color outside of the lines.
I guess it depends what one looks for in a game. I told my friend I don't like COD games and he started going on about how they are so challenging when you raise the difficulty and I was just like bruh. I don't want a game to be frustrating. I want it to be fun.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #4047
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Yeah, I hate a good challenge when it comes to videogames as well. Probably why 90% of my videogaming this year has been Mario Kart 8.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #4048
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Videogames are my "detach from the outside world and unwind" activity

Old 12-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #4049
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

With or without alcohol

Old 12-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #4050
redbreegull

Quote:
Yeah, I hate a good challenge when it comes to videogames as well. Probably why 90% of my videogaming this year has been Mario Kart 8.
I just really hate repeating the same thing over and over and over in a game because it's too hard to get to the next checkpoint or whatever