Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2018, 05:46 AM   #61
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
petition to ban

Why? Billy is a fuck up, dárcy an alcoholic who is additcted to plastic surgery and you should change your photo (what an uglay female or is it a ******?)

Old 03-23-2018, 05:51 AM   #62
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Chamberlina and iha need money - and so does bill - jimbo and iha aren´t really into SP anymore - they just cash -

the only funny thing is to visit netphoria where people enjoy shitting on anybody

please billy stop posting these horrible photos of your son - and honestly noone gives a shit

Old 03-23-2018, 05:55 AM   #63
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
...even in the introduction they already try to go with the guilt by association tactic.

This is the first subliminal message to their liberal readers >>> Billy is bad!!!
You don’t think Corgan going on Infowars is one of his more noteworthy decisions over the last few years?

Quote:
Here they are at it again...subtly telling their readers 'remember what we told you about Billy in the introduction? Don't forget about it! He's guilty! He got interviewed by Alex Jones! And Billy is also a conspiracy theorist!'.
They’re catching their readers up on what Bill has been up to over the last decade. I see no factual innacuracies. That is his reputation and it has affected the band’s legacy. Look no further than Netphoria for evidence of that. If you read that as “left wing liberal media agenda” then I believe you’ve been triggered, snowflake.

Quote:
In the end of the article they are going full throttle...the readers mustn't forget what we told them in the introduction and the middle of the interview!!!

Guilt by association is activated to the max. We can't allow anyone having a different opinion, can we?

They hate any musician who's not a liberal. Who gives a shit who he voted for or who he supports? 62,984,825 people voted for Trump. Stop trying to make it controversial to support the President of the USA.
Again, all facts. The President of the USA is a piece of shit. Sorry if that’s bad PR for Bill. Consumers have a right to choose who they give their money to. I’m sure those Trump-supporters will bail him out of the little hole he got into with his wrestling business. And if they don’t then looks like Mr. MusicBiz backed the wrong horse.

Quote:
Again...they just can't allow a musician to not have liberal views.
"defied any opportunity to coddle conflicted fans"???...who cares about some conflicted pussies who need a safe space?
They just can't STFU about politics. They could have used that space to ask interesting questions related to music.
The article is right. The tour isn’t selling well.
And what interesting questions could they ask about his music over the last 20 years? Nobody knows it. Nobody bought it. I liked Ogilala, I like some of his stuff, but the Pumpkins have been irrelevant for decades, and this poorly-handled reunion and Corgan’s treatment of D’arcy (& Nicole, Sweeney etc.) are more evidence of Corgan’s megalomania and general cuntery.

Sorry if the truth doesn’t translate well to ticket sales.

Perhaps you’re the one who needs a safe space.

Edit: I actually quite enjoy Billy being the heel sometimes, the drama and his ridiculous antics. I can separate it from the music and I’m sure others do too. But he only has himself to blame for the current trajectory of his career.

Last edited by VoxUpDoc : 03-23-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:16 AM   #64
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Ny interview proves that she isnt healthy at all. Byebye darcy
how does it prove that?

Old 03-23-2018, 07:48 AM   #65
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

“It’s a bit akin to trying to rekindle a romance almost two decades later,” Mr. Corgan said, away from his bandmates. “The love is there, but, you know, is the language? Is the magic there?”

No romance to rekindle with D'arcy...
https://78.media.tumblr.com/84cb27a5...r407ui_500.gifhttps://nypdecider.files.wordpress.c...-the-moon1.gif

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 03-23-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #66
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

seals are cute! otters too. i wish i had an otter. in the dispossessed there is a little boy who has an otter and makes friends with Shevek. the boy is meant to represent ursula when she was a little girl and met some famous soviet scientist or something i forget exactly.

so yeah, otters.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #67
Try Try Give Up
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
how does it prove that?
Nothing she’s quoted as saying there proves that accusation.

What Billy said proves that he doesn’t believe she’s healthy enough to do it full time and never did.

That’s the problem. Did Billy want her back in the band on a personal level? Clearly not. Was he willing to meet her halfway for the fans/money? Yes. Was she? No. She had an opportunity to prove the naysayers wrong. She didn’t accept it and has since tried to sabotage the tour for everyone else.

Quote:
“I think what she did demonstrates why she couldn’t be involved,”
End of story for D’arcy, unfortunately.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #68
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

am i the only one who likes seals/otters/the works of ursula le guin?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #69
SPLATTER
Demi-God

amoergosum thinks stating facts that billy is buds with alex jones who thinks sandy hook was staged is a liberal bias. it's a fact. the article is not an album review. it's a feature on the people in the band.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #70
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

Quote:
You are aware that for instance the word "globalist," which Billy used in the article, is a dog whistle for "the dirty Jews," right

He's not just advocating for smaller government or something, he's being actively hateful

Old 03-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #71
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

yeah wtf amoergozer, it's not like they're stating really controversial or untrue facts about billy, it's basic stuff that everyone on Phoria at least already knew and the bigger crowd might not have known

Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #72
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Trump was elected President and plenty of people who listen to rock music voted for him, just like plenty of them voted for Hillary, and plenty didn't vote for either or vote at all. Many artists express their political views and appear on political shows, most just happen to be Democrats. Corgan actually has expressed his political views far less than someone like Eddie Vedder, who actually does it during concerts. Corgan has never discussed politics at shows, outside of a couple of comments in 2008 about Obama and Sarah Palin. The only time he really talked in-depth about the current political climate was the 2016 Alex Jones appearance.

The way the political part of this article was put in was meant to try to take a shot at Corgan, and he probably sensed it during the interview. You are never going to get someone like Corgan to open up about other things like D'arcy if it's clear you're trying to mock him with his political views. If I was interviewing Eddie Vedder or Billy Corgan for an in-depth thing I would not pose any political subjects in a way that would deride their views.
There's a way to ask people about political issues in a way that doesn't deride them. I think you could figure it out.

The fact the guy goes on alex jones needs to be brought up by an interviewer, and if you wouldn't do that you would be just a kiss ass PR hack, not a journalist.

And for Corgan to use words like "globalists" (which he did on Stern and both Howard and Robin politely let it slide) and "protected minority groups" in the interview is more proof of how bigoted he is, and more props due to the interviewer for getting billy to show that side of himself.

Also, just a side note, this line of Bill's that "I find institutions and systems suspicious" is so sad. Like, go live in the forest then.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #73
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
"I find institutions and systems suspicious" is so sad. Like, go live in the forest then.
There's no pretentious Instagram-posting going on in the woods tho.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #74
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Look, did Corgan write 50~ or so mind blowing songs in the 90s? Yes. Is he also batshit crazy? Yes.

Taking those two things in to consideration gives you a good idea of how this guy works.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #75
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Try Give Up View Post

What Billy said proves that he doesn’t believe she’s healthy enough to do it full time and never did.

That’s the problem. Did Billy want her back in the band on a personal level? Clearly not. Was he willing to meet her halfway for the fans/money? Yes. Was she? No. She had an opportunity to prove the naysayers wrong. She didn’t accept it and has since tried to sabotage the tour for everyone else.

Billy didn't tell D'arcy his real intentions until she was confronted by an Instagram picture, showing the other three in the studio and she contacted him upon what was going on.

He hadn't been willing to personal meet her before -though he publicly talked of a reunited family. Not even on a working level for her reentry in the music business.

Realising already ambitious tour plans without any involvement of D'arcy before was a manipulating act from Billy Corgan, not to involve her seriously, by putting her under pressure.

This kind of behavior would upset everybody. D'arcy had the right to say what was going on and that she was not willing to be reduced to a reunion decoration.
Billy should have foreseen this reaction from her, knowing her long enough. But he obviously didn't expect her to even go public. His failure, by his lack of empathy.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #76
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I would not say there was an "anti-Billy" bias tucked away in the article. The author brought up some legitimate points:

-Billy not only listens to and watched Alex Jones, but has appeared on his show numerous times. This does truly clash with Billy's music and public persona during the 1990s and first decade of the 2000s that we should all love each other and let each other do what we want so long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Hell, I remember he wrote a fairly impassioned defense of gay marriage in 2012. The fact is, Jones is an extremist that even tried, true, and educated Republicans consider, at best, a nuisance or, at worst, a threat. Whether or not Billy truly understands what Jones stands for, he needs to be ready to be scrutinized after appearing on the dude's show three or four times.

-The ticket thing really is just numbers. Certain shows sold very well, and I'm sure Corgan made his money. If the first few shows earn great reviews, I'm sure ticket sales will pick up exponentially closer to individual shows. That does not change the fact that the band really bit off more than they could chew booking a full arena tour and ticket sales in certain locations have been slow. Corgan admits as much in the interview.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #77
Baffler_Meal
Mothmonsterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I would not say there was an "anti-Billy" bias tucked away in the article. The author brought up some legitimate points:

-Billy not only listens to and watched Alex Jones, but has appeared on his show numerous times. This does truly clash with Billy's music and public persona during the 1990s and first decade of the 2000s that we should all love each other and let each other do what we want so long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Hell, I remember he wrote a fairly impassioned defense of gay marriage in 2012. The fact is, Jones is an extremist that even tried, true, and educated Republicans consider, at best, a nuisance or, at worst, a threat. Whether or not Billy truly understands what Jones stands for, he needs to be ready to be scrutinized after appearing on the dude's show three or four times.

-The ticket thing really is just numbers. Certain shows sold very well, and I'm sure Corgan made his money. If the first few shows earn great reviews, I'm sure ticket sales will pick up exponentially closer to individual shows. That does not change the fact that the band really bit off more than they could chew booking a full arena tour and ticket sales in certain locations have been slow. Corgan admits as much in the interview.
The absolute most generous interpretation I can make with Billy’s appearances on Alex Jones’ show is that Billy views him as a fellow carny. There is good reason to believe that Alex is playing a character on his show. It doesn’t make his rhetoric any less vile or damaging, but Billy has a great appreciation of this type of theatrics as evidenced via the band and his wrestling ventures.

On the other hand, I’m not sure there is a reason to make a distinction for actually being bat-shit-crazy and just playing the part.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #78
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
There's a way to ask people about political issues in a way that doesn't deride them. I think you could figure it out.

The fact the guy goes on alex jones needs to be brought up by an interviewer, and if you wouldn't do that you would be just a kiss ass PR hack, not a journalist.

And for Corgan to use words like "globalists" (which he did on Stern and both Howard and Robin politely let it slide) and "protected minority groups" in the interview is more proof of how bigoted he is, and more props due to the interviewer for getting billy to show that side of himself.

Also, just a side note, this line of Bill's that "I find institutions and systems suspicious" is so sad. Like, go live in the forest then.
Considering the Kennedy assassination, the Vietnam war, Wars in Irag and Afghanistan, the Bush administration, anything ever having to do with the last name Clinton, Bernie Madoff, the 2008 housing crisis, Donald fucking Trump becoming president despite not having majority poplar vote, and Vladimir Putin's congratulations from our dear president as he will be allowed to continue to erase the rights and quality of life for yet another 6 years - retreating Salinger style into a forest somewhere actually sounds like great advice despite the shallow flippancy that came long with it.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #79
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
http://www.theroommovie.com/roompics/postera.jpg

Old 03-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #80
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:

That's Jeff's 'maximum stage presence' face.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #81
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Globalists isn't a bigoted term. You are thinking of Zionist, that's the term that actual anti-semites/white supremacists use. If you honestly think Billy is bigoted you are letting your dislike of him and his politics blind you. The dude is with an Asian woman and has a mixed race child, and has two Asian bandmates. The big thing with white supremacists is keeping the purity of the white race, an ethnostate, and all of that nonsense.

Also the writer threw out a bunch of random terms Billy said like 'protected minority groups' without any context. That's shitty writing. I'd have printed the full quotes if there was a discussion about politics rather than picking out words and listing them next to each other in an attempt to deride him.

Again like I said earlier, Billy likely saw a mile away where this article was going and that led to him literally saying nothing about D'arcy, the thing we're all actually very interesting in hearing about.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #82
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

You are dead wrong about the term "globalist".

Also LOL, so by the same logic straight men can't be violent misogynists. Right.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #83
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Billy already didn't want to talk about D'arcy at the interview of his friend Mancow Muller.
His policy seems to be to behave like the innocent victim, who doesn't have to discuss her accusations.

James and Jimmy should have been more involved into the interview by specific questions.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #84
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Billy can't be racist b/c he had a kid with an Asian and consistently had Asians in his band? cmon man.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #85
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
You are dead wrong about the term "globalist".

Also LOL, so by the same logic straight men can't be violent misogynists. Right.
Actually, he's right. You can speculate all you want that a person is bigoted by using the term globalist. It doesn't mean that a person is actually a bigot, and it also doesn't mean you get to change the textbook definition of the english language.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #86
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Billy can't be racist b/c he had a kid with an Asian and consistently had Asians in his band? cmon man.
You can think Billy's an asshole from reading his interviews/social media postings over the years or think his political views are stupid, but there is zero evidence to back up that he is a racist or bigot. Again, some of you are letting your hatred of him and his political views blind you, and this is coming from someone who published an interview with D'arcy where she was very critical of him, not some Billy sycophant.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #87
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Try Give Up View Post

i completely agree!!!!!

Si what billy did is absolutely legitimate

Old 03-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #88
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
You can think Billy's an asshole from reading his interviews/social media postings over the years or think his political views are stupid, but there is zero evidence to back up that he is a racist or bigot. Again, some of you are letting your hatred of him and his political views blind you, and this is coming from someone who published an interview with D'arcy where she was very critical of him, not some Billy sycophant.
he's maybe transphobic but it could just be that devi ever is a garbage person who causes otherwise reasonable people to lose their minds and launch into poorly worded hate tirades- not jokin devi ever is horrible

Old 03-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #89
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
...even in the introduction they already try to go with the guilt by association tactic.

This is the first subliminal message to their liberal readers >>> Billy is bad!!!

...from the middle of the article:

Here they are at it again...subtly telling their readers 'remember what we told you about Billy in the introduction? Don't forget about it! He's guilty! He got interviewed by Alex Jones! And Billy is also a conspiracy theorist!'.

In the end of the article they are going full throttle...the readers mustn't forget what we told them in the introduction and the middle of the interview!!!

Guilt by association is activated to the max:

But they are not done yet >>>

We can't allow anyone having a different opinion, can we?

They hate any musician who's not a liberal. Who gives a shit who he voted for or who he supports? 62,984,825 people voted for Trump. Stop trying to make it controversial to support the President of the USA.

"defied any opportunity to coddle conflicted fans"???...who cares about some conflicted pussies who need a safe space?

In the end of their article they tell their readers that the tour isn't selling well.

The NYT had a clear agenda to write the article the way they did.

They just can't STFU about politics. They could have used that space to ask interesting questions related to music.
u mad?

Old 03-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #90
RAWK
Pledge

Quote:
“I would say 80 percent of the things that I get sort of held up and mocked for, I’m doing intentionally,” Mr. Corgan said. “It’s sort of funny to me that they actually think I’m that stupid.”

LOL OK
Wow. Just wow. Does he ever stop and just listen to the things he's saying? This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard uttered.