Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #661
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
white ppl worship of morgan freeman and sam jackson limit roles for othe black actors
that's not white ppl in general just a handful of studio heads

Old 10-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #662
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Deadpool is the only comics movie I care about right now

Old 10-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #663
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
uh no its cuz audiences go nuts for them

Old 10-06-2015, 05:39 PM   #664
Trotskilicious
Banned

MORGAN FREEMAN SPEAKS SO WELL

Old 10-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #665
Catherine Wheel
Banned

This is the biggest movie Jay Hernandez has done in years. Any month now I was expecting him to turn up on an episode of "Where Are They Now?"

Also I'm pretty excited with how Suicide Squad is turning out. This and Deadpool have the kind of tone that more comic book movies should have.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:00 PM   #666
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Deadpool, overrated character or most overrated character?

Also don't care for the undressing/hookerification of Harley. Then again, i never particularly liked her to begin with. MPDG much?

Anyway, Dc comics went way down that hole in their reboot. TITS! SEX! ASSES!

Old 10-06-2015, 06:01 PM   #667
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
Also I'm pretty excited with how Suicide Squad is turning out. This and Deadpool have the kind of tone that more comic book movies should have.
maybe you missed Ant-man, Iron man 3, Guardians of the galaxy and half of the Avengers films.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #668
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I've never really understood the appeal of Deadpool. His whole shtick just seems being "lol so random [chimichangas and pop-culture references] XD." But I've never read any of his solo series so maybe I'm missing out.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #669
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

pretty much. He's full of jokes....and they're generally all bad. But its so irreverent! breaking the fourth wall and shit...

Old 10-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #670
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Back in the 90s when I was a kid I read a lot of X Men comics and I remember him being in X Force a lot. His appeal is that he's very sarcastic and is aware that he's a comic book character. He was quite a change of pace from all the serious stuff that was going on in comics at the time.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:31 PM   #671
Trotskilicious
Banned

first deadpool limited seried is fabe niceza and joe mad at the top of their games

joe kellys run on the regular series is also excellent

pool is very hurt and vulnerable and he hides it with the obnoxious persona.

all of this knowledge ceirca 1998

Old 10-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #672
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
#notallscottys

Old 10-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #673
Trotskilicious
Banned

margot robbie was on my name is earl

Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 PM   #674
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Suicide Squad actually seems cool.

BvS looks awful...like DC is trying to rush its way to a MCU-esque series of movies without the buildup that made the MCU what it is now (five standalone MCU movies before Avengers). Doesn't help that DC superheroes are lame except Batman.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:02 AM   #675
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I'm more a DC fan than a Marvel fan, though I know that it has more to do with which company is more familiar to my childhood than actual quality, seeing as both companies hire from the same pool of creators and represent a narrow genre in the wide range of comic-book storytelling.

It's just a brand loyalty thing, like Coke/Pepsi, PC/Mac, Xbox/Playstation.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:04 AM   #676
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

yeah i think its the same reason why i'm more marvel. Aside from some batman comics it was all marvel in childhood. Mostly '70 to '85 comics. I was given a lot of them from older people who were "too old for this shit". Older cousins and such.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #677
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

btw it turns out, and i dont know why they haven't told people that before, that Eisenberg isn't playing THE Lex Luthor, but his son.

"According to a fictional Fortune interview advertised on Twitter, Eisenberg will be playing as Alexander Joseph Luthor Jr. - Lex's son.

Going by the interview's timeline, Lex Luthor was an East German native who fled to Metropolis and created the petrochemical empire "LexCorp". Alex entered his life ten years later, and was quickly groomed to inherit the company. Following Lex's death, Alex reinvented LexCorp as a technology giant resembling Apple or Google - only with a stronger emphasis on military contracts.

In the comics, Lex Luthor also named his child after himself, in a sense. Shortly before the "Death of Superman" storyline, "Lex Luthor II" emerged as an illegitimate son who inherited the company after his father's death. The twist? Luthor II was actually Luthor I - a cloned body with Lex's brain transplanted inside. Batman v Superman appears to follow a more realistic version of these events, contextualizing Alex Luthor with his father's ruthless legacy.

The Fortune article also highlights a few points DC Comics fans should pick up on. It compares LexCorp to organizations like Wayne Enterprises and Kord Industries. There's a brief reference to Alex's "world-famous collection of meteorite crystals". Finally, there's an explanation to where Alex's hatred of Superman stems from - his father's fear of East Germany. "[Lex] came from a country where the government, in the guise of protector, had absolute control over the citizens," the interview reads. "That drove him. I get it. Heck, I'd hate to see that sort of thing happen over here." "

Old 10-08-2015, 02:07 AM   #678
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I guess that explains why he has long hair, like Luthor II. Though I'm not sure that this means he's playing the son of the Lex Luthor anymore than it would mean Ben Affleck is playing the son of Batman if they were to change Thomas Wayne's name to Bruce or something.

I don't have much of a problem with making Luthor younger and modeling him on hip tech-industry guys like Zuckerberg, but it seems really uninspired to decide to do that and then just hire the guy who played Zuckerberg.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:19 AM   #679
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I wouldn't mind a new Superman movie if Affleck wasn't in it and they went for a direct sequel to Man of Steel instead of postponing that for a few years. The world doesn't need any more iterations of Batman. Nolan covered all the ground that needs to be covered. Also don't need any standalone Wonder Woman or Flash movies either. Wish comic book films in general would be more like Deadpool and Suicide Squad and not be afraid to take risks and be rated R.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:34 AM   #680
Trotskilicious
Banned

hey guys this is going to ruin super hero box office it's gonna be great this is the fucking moment super hero shit is gonna hit the fucking fan it's gonna be AWESOME

Old 10-08-2015, 02:39 AM   #681
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I have no problem with Affleck. I have a bigger problem with Snyder. I tend to worry more about directors and screenwriters than actors.

As for the "postponing" the stand-alone Superman film, I'm not so sure if that's the case anymore. When BvS was first announced, Henry Cavil said that it wasn't really a direct sequel to MoS, and that a direct sequel would be coming later. Months after that, rumors emerge that WB wants BvS edited to give Batman more screentime than Superman because he was so popular at test screenings. Snyder publicly confirms that Batman does indeed get more screentime, and also says that this film is the sequel to MoS. Uncomfirmed rumors also emerge that WB isn't really considering making anymore solo Superman films in the near future, but that Affleck may direct a solo Batman trilogy.

It's not like I think there should never be another cinematic Batman, but the last trilogy isn't even cold yet. Let future generations have their Batman, but let him rest for now.

I would actually enjoy having movies based on other DC characters, like Wonder Woman. But just knowing that Snyder is setting the tone for this entire universe makes me think that even the films he doesn't direct will be infected by his shittiness. Wonder Woman could be great if done right, but I don't think Snyder will do it right. And since he's introducing her in his movie, the crew of her solo movie will have to work within the constraints of whatever he establishes. Another reason why I think this "teamup-before-solo-movie" approach sucks. Give the people actually making the solo films the freedom to decide how they are going to interpret these characters and what directions they will go in.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:46 AM   #682
Trotskilicious
Banned

snyder is a dumbo for real

he's like the new michael bay, he's got like a couple of stylistic tricks that he uses ad nauseum but he's like braindead brotacular duderman

Old 10-08-2015, 02:49 AM   #683
Disco King
Minion of Satan

As shitty as this movie will probably be, can we all agree on the monumental awesomeness of this
http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/site...?itok=bnQcnynP

Fucking desert Batman just wears people clothes over his costume.

I hope that he never actually takes the costume off in the film, and when he's Bruce Wayne, he just wears a business suit over it and nobody notices. We get another seen of him in bed wearing pajamas over his costume.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #684
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

i wish they for once showed him painting his eyes black

Old 10-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #685
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I love that shot at the end of Returns where they cut away and cut back and the eyeshadow magically disappears in time for him to take off his mask.

https://youtu.be/lalexosgwUk?t=2m18s