Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2018, 05:49 AM   #61
shadow47
Demi-God

Anybody critical of how D'Arcy looks should remember she is like 50yo. It's just the last time you saw her she was 30.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #62
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

BTW, could it be that D'arcy has read ur remarks here on Netphoria about wearing permanently make up?

“It is fuzzy because I didn’t realize the live thing was on – though I really like the slight visual motion. ZERO MAKEUP.”

Old 03-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #63
T&T
Socialphobic

so after vehemently denying it over and over, weilandfan finally comes out at buttcannon.

that's my takeaway from this thread.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #64
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

correction: does buttcannon have rich parents?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #65
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Back in April 2011, when "Alternative Music" was "Grunge Report":

http://archive.alternativenation.net.../brettsuit.jpg

GrungeReport.net launched exactly 2 years ago today! Back in the summer of 2009 GrungeReport.net averaged only a few hundred hits per day, and 2 years later the site averages thousands of hits per day. I really have to thank the loyal readers of the site for the support, especially the cool people who send in news and reviews like Paul, Terri, Ben, Andrei, and everybody else. Sometimes it takes a few days but I try to get to every e-mail. Also of course thanks to all of the bands I cover for continuing to kick ass like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Foo Fighters, and everybody else I cover. And to the haters like the ones who like to take thinly veiled shots at me on Twitter, quoting Chris Cornell in “Ty Cobb,” fuck you all!

Like I have mentioned a few times before on here, I do plan on launching a big more mainstream rock site sometime this year as a companion site to GrungeReport.net. By mainstream I don’t mean Nickelback and Coldplay, I mean basically a rock site that covers good bands outside of just our favorite Grunge acts. I’ve been working on concepts for the site for months and have been taking my time to make sure the site is unique and successful, I don’t want to rush it.

Also like you have seen recently, my Dad and I launched a site called GrabLoot.com that is a viral internet marketing site that has contests where people can win prizes. Not exactly a musical website, but in this economy it would be nice if the idea ends up working out!

On a random note I actually had a long phone conversation with Billy Corgan several months back. I never thought to mention it on the site but thought I would now since this is a news and notes type article, it was about a project idea that didn’t end up working out. We talked about some other stuff too about the history of the Pumpkins. It was pretty trippy to talk to Billy though, interesting to say the least.

Anyways, that’s it. It should be an exciting third year for GrungeReport with Soundgarden’s tour/new album and PJ20. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail as always to grungereport @yahoo.com

-Brett

Old 03-01-2018, 11:09 AM   #66
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

No to rich parents. 2008 crash hit my family hard. My Dad does help with some tech stuff like WordPress updates and server upkeep when stuff like a server move happens, we have tried a couple other website ideas in the past. Yes I did mention that I talked to Corgan, but I've never written about specific things he said. It was a very interesting talk, I thought it was really cool that he'd talk to someone my age at the time.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #67
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
How do you come to the conclusion that many of us here would think that instagram account to be directly from Billy? Just because Chloe Mendel was following it for a short time?
And how do you come to the conclusion that D'arcy should have mentioned an anonymous instagram account, which connections are not clearly known and which could have copied and pasted the picture from the Mancow Muller sites?

My correction on yourself: Pigs are smart. Dogs are smart too. But you are smart like a bacon sandwich.
the insta account posted the picture first, before anyone else

Old 03-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #68
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
No to rich parents. 2008 crash hit my family hard. My Dad does help with some tech stuff like WordPress updates and server upkeep when stuff like a server move happens, we have tried a couple other website ideas in the past. Yes I did mention that I talked to Corgan, but I've never written about specific things he said. It was a very interesting talk, I thought it was really cool that he'd talk to someone my age at the time.
how did the chat come about? he contacted you first?

Old 03-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #69
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

As mentioned in the new article, D'arcy only knew about the photo getting out because friends had told her. She hasn't looked online to see everywhere it was posted like that Instagram page.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #70
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
how did the chat come about? he contacted you first?
Kerry Brown posted about wanting people for documenting making of TBK for like a film/book, I think it went up on SP page. So I contacted Kerry out of curiosity and he set up a call about a book. I think the book thing may have been some miscommunication though, because once on phone there wasn't any real talk of TBK and was more so just general book ideas being thrown out there. Very cool talk, but I didn't follow up on anything because it didn't seem like what I initially thought it would be about, and that it wasn't necessarily going to be an official SP book or making of TBK. I did have an opportunity but it wasn't concrete enough for me to want to put time into it. Was awesome though to talk to Billy, it was interesting to get his take on things in a non interview talk. I've kind of lost interest in ever wanting to do something like a book, it'd need to be something really cool and there'd have to be a good money deal.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #71
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

By the way...did D'Arcy tell you why she deleted her Facebook page?

Old 03-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #72
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
By the way...did D'Arcy tell you why she deleted her Facebook page?
Like I said before she got confused or something froze up and she hasn't bothered reactivating it. She's not super tech savvy, though she's very good at sending funny text messages lol.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #73
FoolofaTook

Red face

Be still my beating heart!

Old 03-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #74
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

Old 03-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #75
FoolofaTook

I've been working out...

Old 03-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #76
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
I may have to use this in the future, lol.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #77
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Like I said before she got confused or something froze up and she hasn't bothered reactivating it. She's not super tech savvy, though she's very good at sending funny text messages lol.
Clearly she was expecting the same king of support after posting the printscreens, but then people started telling her she was wrong.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #78
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow47 View Post
Anybody critical of how D'Arcy looks should remember she is like 50yo. It's just the last time you saw her she was 30.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:58 PM   #79
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Clearly she was expecting the same king of support after posting the printscreens, but then people started telling her she was wrong.
The bigger kind of bad reaction might have been on the photo of D'arcy posted by ManCow on February 13th, the day her Facebook site shut down.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #80
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I hope you say the same when people start "body shaming" Billy as well.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #81
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
The bigger kind of bad reaction might have been on the photo of D'arcy posted by ManCow on February 13th, the day her Facebook site shut down.
I don't think she was aware of that tho. As soon as she posted Billy's texts it backfired on her. Even though most of the people were very polite trying to show her it sounded more like Billy tried his best to have her playing with them again. In her opinion, he was only using her, but well that's business, I'm sure she would get something back from the whole reunion too.

She was replying to everybody trying to make things clear, quoting a conversation that wasn't part of the printscreens (the one where Billy supposedly said she had no chances to be part of the band again anyway), and a few minutes after that she went offline and then deleted her facebook.

I noticed she deleted a few posts on her other profile as well. Or made them private.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #82
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I may have to use this in the future, lol.
I doubt that D'arcy might like to be shown in such intimacy with Billy...

Old 03-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #83
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I don't think she was aware of that tho. As soon as she posted Billy's texts it backfired on her. Even though most of the people were very polite trying to show her it sounded more like Billy tried his best to have her playing with them again. In her opinion, he was only using her, but well that's business, I'm sure she would get something back from the whole reunion too.

She was replying to everybody trying to make things clear, quoting a conversation that wasn't part of the printscreens (the one where Billy supposedly said she had no chances to be part of the band again anyway), and a few minutes after that she went offline and then deleted her facebook.

I noticed she deleted a few posts on her other profile as well. Or made them private.
Her Facebook account is not deleted, only muted. It is still counted in your friends list, but doesn't show up.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #84
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

buttcannon would make a fine young gay republican.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:45 PM   #85
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I hope you say the same when people start "body shaming" Billy as well.
Nice avatar you got there!

Old 03-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #86
Try Try Give Up
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
It’s not an age thing. People have been talking about her changed appearance for the best part of 20 years.

There’s a new Breeders album out this week. Kim Deal is 56. The focus is on her music, not her looks. Although I think if there is any comment to make it’s that she looks happier and healthier than ever.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/a...all-nerve.html

People want to see D’arcy like that. I’m sure Billy did too, but here we are.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #87
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Buttcannon's never had a real job. He worked his fucking ass off though to make this happen.

Clickbait headlines are used because Facebook and Google have monopolized the internet, and their algorithms (Facebook especially) are designed in a way that literally the only way for articles to gain traction now are with clickbait headlines. Without a clickbait headline, it's basically a waste of time to write an article. I really hope that somehow the government can find a way to break up their monopolies so people can have multiple apps/platforms to get their content, if that happens I do think the clickbait model could change a bit when it comes to headline formatting, but it's just the way it is right now.
That's sweet man! The sites really become a juggernaut. What ever happened to that Magic Mike guy who posted on the site? He was hilarious

I really don't mind the clickbait stuff. It's actually kind of clever in a way. I don't mean this offensively but it's kind of like TMZ for alt rockers.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #88
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Try Give Up View Post
It’s not an age thing. People have been talking about her changed appearance for the best part of 20 years.

There’s a new Breeders album out this week. Kim Deal is 56. The focus is on her music, not her looks. Although I think if there is any comment to make it’s that she looks happier and healthier than ever.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/a...all-nerve.html

People want to see D’arcy like that. I’m sure Billy did too, but here we are.
I'd like to think that Billys intentions are pure, but it's clear with this venture that he's just interested in cashing in... The focus isn't on new music like with Deal.

If Billy was smart he would have rolled the dice with D'arcy while having Jack Bates on retainer in case she couldn't handle the workload. That way it's win-win. It's not like it would cost that much to pay Bates.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #89
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

can someone photoshop billiam's head onto this suit? and keep the hair?

Old 03-01-2018, 06:53 PM   #90
slunken
Virgo

hahaha

Last edited by slunken : 03-01-2018 at 07:05 PM.