Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Default are there any bands that smote Creed?

https://media1.fdncms.com/riverfront...creedtweet.png

Old 01-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

https://i.giphy.com/media/MJWGiaFw677ag/giphy.webp

Old 01-19-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...26226507-8.gif

Old 01-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

https://media.giphy.com/media/jaF9qCXUYDT7G/giphy.gif

Old 01-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #5
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...6226614-24.gif

Old 01-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #6
slunken
Virgo

Old 01-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

This seems to be one of these damned parody threads!

....Also Nicklecreed sux

Old 01-20-2018, 06:23 AM   #8
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I think Alter Bridge is alright. Myles Kennedy has a great voice <3

Old 01-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #9
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

https://www.stereogum.com/1687/scott...t_dennys/news/

Who's your favorite faux Christian ex-rock star?

"So how did your last night in Gainesville go?" you curiously ask. "Sit down and let me tell you the tale of the best night of my life," I anxiously reply.

Friday, July 29. My last night in Gainesville. I've had my party and said my goodbyes to most of my friends. One group actually didn't make it to the party, but were possibly still coming, and instead of having them walk into an empty house (literally-- no furniture) devoid of people, I went over to their place.

So I'm saying goodbye to pals Jeanine and Heather. They have a few friends over to their place and are already stoned and drunk, seemingly ready for bed quite soon. I hear mumbling in the other room of some kids leaving soon because they have to go see Scott Stapp. My pop culture radar is not currently on, so I'm missing the reference. Instead, I think they're just talking about a friend who's driving in from out of town. But they're quite adamant about seeing Scott. "I'm fucking walking to Denny's to see Scott if I have to, I don't care if no one else goes!" one kid says.

So I'm curious and ask one of the guys what's going on. He tells me the background story: Apparently, one of their friends met Scott Stapp (who, because I find no problem with conflation, will for the rest of the story be referred to as "Creed") at an airport bar and the girl pretended to be interested. At the end of their conversation, he asked for her number and because she was going to Amsterdam, she gave Creed her friend's number instead. The girl then calls her friend and warns her that Creed might be calling her sometime in the future for a hook-up.

Which he does. Friday night. He flew into Orlando and gave the girl a call. The girl, thrilled at the prospect of making Creed look like an idiot, plays along. "You should drive up to Gainesville tonight to see me!" she says. Creed, because his star has fallen quite a bit recently (if you hadn't noticed) eagerly accepts the offer to drive 2 hours to get some pussy. I guess the groupies aren't lining up outside the airport like they used to.

I heard through the grapevine that night that Creed had actually kicked Scott Stapp out of their band. I don't know if this is true or not as no one on the Internet has any stories about it. But I googled him recently and found out that his solo career isn't taking off nearly like he expected, despite being the first released single off the Passion of the Christ Songs CD-- songs inspired by the movie. Mel Gibson hand picked him for a special screening, and he wrote a song after he was so personally affected by the movie. Douche.

Anyway, so the guy who was so spiritually affected by The Passion of the Christ is now hightailing it to Gainesville to tag a piece of ass he met in an airport bar. And he's having his ghettotastic hootchie skanky Jersey girl sleaze of a sister drive him. Yes, Creed is making his sister drive him to the Gainesville Denny's for a booty call.

So this group from the party makes it over to Denny's, strategically choosing places all around the Denny's so that we can watch what goes down. It's 3am on a Friday, so of course the place is packed with drunk kids getting out of the bars, who have no idea what they're about to be in for. Jeanine, Heather, and I all have prime seating-- we're directly next to the booth with the girl who has been talking to Creed, as well as her 5 friends who are all in on the joke and have been planning extra embarrassing things to do to him. The girl who is keeping track of him via cell phone convos lets me know that Creed has been in fine form so far tonight. Here is how one of the conversations went:

Creed: "Do you have an acoustic guitar with you in Gainesville?"
Her: "Um, yeah."
Creed: "Good, maybe you can help me write my new hit single!"
Me, after hearing the story: "I applaud your ability not to vomit at that."

Now we're convinced he's on his way. We hear the countdown from the table next to us: "He's in Micanopy!" "He's passing UF!" "He's pulling into the parking lot!" The excitement is killing me. And then he enters. Creed steps into the Gainesville Denny's, wearing a wife beater and slick running pants, desperately trying to find his hookup. My life is complete.

The girl who's been talking on the phone with Creed has a friend who recently broke his arm. So as soon as Creedy walks in, he screams, "Oh my god! You're Scott Stapp! You're my favorite singer ever! Sign my cast!" Creed, probably even himself realizing how sucky it is to be the (former) lead singer of Creed, denies it. "I get that a lot... I just look like him. I'm not him." HA!

Then the Denny's cop comes over: "Both of you, outta here! No screaming in Denny's! Manager's orders!" Delicious. The lead singer of Creed is getting kicked out of the Gainesville Denny's.

Cast arm boy obviously doesn't want our fun to be over so quickly, so he sweet talks the cop and gets him to rescind his ejection. Creedy keeps walking around, trying to find the girl he talked to in the airport bar, feverishly running to the back to get better cell phone reception and then moving back to the front to try to find her. Of course, the girl has stopped answering her phone now and the Denny's partrons are just watching Creed walk around looking desperately horny.

And the best part is watching the other people as they notice who this guy is. "Hey, that's the Creed guy!" they all say as he walks past them. Then, 5 seconds later and as soon as he's out of earshot: "Wait, who cares? Creed sucks!" This is seriously the reaction of every table that I hear as he walks by. So sad, for him. Oh, and the dude is like 5'6". I'm not joking. When he walked by, he was at least (AT LEAST) 3 inches shorter than me. Midget.

Now there are about 12 people who know about what's going on. And like the rats in Muppets Take Manhattan who run around under the tables at that fancy restuarant spreading the buzz that Manhattan Melodies is going to be a smash hit show, we start spreading the ruse that has been pulled on Creed. Soon, most of the tables and the wait staff is informed of what's going on. "Pathetic!" is the most common reaction.

To keep him there as long as possible, groups of girls keep going over to him and flirting and trying to find out what he's doing in Gainesville. Cast arm boy even printed out Scott Stapp's headshot and goes over to ask him to sign it. You'd think that would be an obvious sign that he was being tricked, but apparently Creed is cocky enough to think that people regularly carry around his photograph everywhere like it's an American Express card.

Jeanine, perfect brilliant girl she is, ran over to the juke box to see if it happened to have a Creed song on it. Unfortunately, it didn't. Or maybe fortunately. For if "Arms Wide Open" began playing as he was running around the Denny's, I probably would've soiled myself laughing.

At the end of the night, we convince Jeanine to go ask to take a picture with Creed by saying it was her birthday (it was, only 4 days earlier). When she goes to get the picture, all 12 of us who are in on the joke jump in the photo. Unfortunately, the person taking the picture couldn't work the flash, so it just looks like a mess of clumpy dark blobs. But I know that one girl took a bunch of pictures of Creed running around the Denny's-- mostly of the back of his head-- and I want them. If anyone knows where to get these, let me know.

So that was my last night in Gainesville. Creed eventually got back in his car and drove home to Orlando, having unsuccessfully found his pussy for the night. What a sad sad man. Super douche.

P.S. Feel free to send this story to Gawker (ah, um, or apparently Defamer, shout out!) or whatever. If they're willing to publish stories that solely consist of "I was walking down 48th St and saw Kirsten Dunst and Jake Gyllenhall sharing a burrito" then they'd surely find this interesting, right? I mean, Creed got his ass handed to him by a bunch of drunk college kids in Gainesville. Oh, what a fun city.

UPDATE!
I had no idea this story would get so big by posting it here, but that's what I get for underestimating my pop culture slut of a friend point5. She posted the story to the Oh No They Didn't community, which got read by some powers-that-be and, well, now it's on Defamer. So if you're coming from the Defamer link and finding this story unbelievable (read: too good to be true), then I direct you to supporting evidence from others who were at Denny's that night. Before you ask, I don't know these people personally-- I was a friend of a friend who got lucky enough to be swept up in the adventure and experience everything-- but they back up my story (and some were even posted days before mine). Peripheral accounts come from this girl's LJ (with an addendum). An even better account of the story can be found here (and if you don't want to search through the notes to see photographic proof, then just click here). This entry wins because the author corrects some of the details I had wrong (hey, I never said I was perfect... in fact, I was drunk, so you're lucky my details were this good to begin with), expands on the rest of the night (I thought he got in the car and went back to Orlando, but boy was I wrong), and even adds a felonious twist to the story. Enjoy the fun as it spirals into something bigger than I ever thought it could be.

UPDATE II!
Apparently the bandwith has been exceeded on the pic link, but they've been reposted here-- and it comes with a synopsis of the whole story, if you find my prose too longwinded.

UPDATE III!
The story is on VH1's Best Week Ever Blog. Yes, I do hear my 15 minutes of fame ticking away. But if I could just get Michael Ian Black to offer commentary on this story, then my duty to humanity will be fulfilled.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #10
LaBelle
Socialphobic

UPDATE IV!
Kills self

Old 01-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #11
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/2990262.html

August 4th, 2005, 09:32 pm

in response to the Creed getting punk'd post

I was actually the girl who was goading him into coming up to Gainesville. I have pictures from the night and I'll post them soon. I was actually going to recount the tale on here but haven't had the chance.
(I still plan on calling him up and saying - "You were Punk'd!!!")
(Oh...and I'd like to post his phone number on here, but I'm sure that's not allowed.)

You're right about most of what you said in your post, only there are a few discrepancies.

1. He met my friend in an airport bar IN Orlando. He was kicked out of the bar for drinking too much and later kicked off of his plane for being disorderly. He, being completely self absorbed, didn't stop to think that the girl he met in the airport bar might, just might, have boarded a plane already. When he called my cell phone, thinking it was her, he couldn't understand why "she" was not still in Orlando. That's where the fun began.

2. He did not leave after being punk'd at Denny's. It was not until the following morning did he realize he had been tricked. He made me and my friend drive him to where the girl supposedly lived to look for her (his ego was hurt THAT badly.)

3. Someone followed us from Denny's (an ACTUAL fan of his) and Scott had him make purchase of some cocaine for him. I, thinking I could rob him, invited him back up to my apartment. His sister got a hotel room after being angry all night...apparently she was much smarter than he. All I got the chance to take was his boarding pass from his Miami to Orlando flight, some of his klonopin, three copies of checks his girlfriend had written from his account -2 for plastic surgery centers in South Florida and one for their Cingular Wireless account, and a song book he had scribbled some instrumental instructions in.
He ended up staying up all night doing coke, making up listening to his fucking HORRIBLE cd, and walking around in his underware claiming that coke makes him "so horny".

4. He had a prescription to Lexapro (an antidepressant) in his bag.

5. He was the most annoying self centered troll man I have ever met in my life.

6. My friend (my roommate) is actually mad at me for punking him. Everyone on this list should reply here stating why she has no reason in the world to be mad. Scott Stapp is a fucking bitch.

I'll post more details and pictures of the night later.

Anyhow, glad to know it was appreciated by everyone. I actually didn't think that many people knew. I thought he had some actual fans there that night.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #12
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...b587c9ebbb.jpg

Old 01-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #13
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

https://images.encyclopediadramatica...ott-205965.jpg
https://images.encyclopediadramatica...0px-Scott2.jpg

Old 01-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #14
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
UPDATE IV!
Kills self
BUT HE AIN'T HERR ANYMOW
DONUT HAFF TO SETTLE NO GAWDAM SCORR!

Old 01-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #15
fuzzyroes
Banned

I was watching the retro music video station out here in Canada and "Arms Wide Open" came on and I hadn't heard it since it was originally on the radio, and I literally sat there puzzled about how they were ever so famous. I mean Nickelback is even half decent in comparison.

I used to subscribe to Guitar World and they were always wanking off about Creed and I listened to that guitar solo in Arms Wide Open and it's the corniest garbage. gahhhhhhhhhh. Curse Disco King for buying that guys signature guitar!!!

Old 01-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #16
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I think Alter Bridge is alright. Myles Kennedy has a great voice <3
Are they actually any good? I've refused to check them out out of principal.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #17
LaBelle
Socialphobic

They have a few songs I like, which is more than I can say for Creed

Old 01-20-2018, 11:07 AM   #18
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Are they actually any good? I've refused to check them out out of principal.
What are these "principals" that keep you from checking out some music you may or may not enjoy?

Old 01-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #19
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...2pfqo1_500.gif

Old 01-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #20
slunken
Virgo

Scott Stapp: Legend

Old 01-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #21
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
What are these "principals" that keep you from checking out some music you may or may not enjoy?
Hey, I'm a high school drop out. English is the one thing that I wish I would've paid attention to. I'm working on it though, but I still make dumb fuck ups every now and again.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #22
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Belding's so dope.

What's your favorite episode of Saved By The Bell, man?

Mines the one when they have the date auction and bidding gets under way for Zack and all the girls are going wild when some smoking blonde comes up and bids 75$. All the girls are sad cause no one can possibly top that and Zacks all stoked... Going once, Going twice........... And then this huge fat girl comes up and yells ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! And the camera zooms to Zacks face and he's all appalled and freaking out (someone needs to make a gif out of that shot). Then Zack bails out on the dance and makes an excuse that he's sick.

Comedy gold

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-20-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #23
fuzzyroes
Banned

Then Zack comes to his senses and ends up having a pity dance with the fat girl and she's all stoked and then the audience is left thinking "Awe Zack did the right thing!"

http://www.savedbythebellreviewed.co...7h03m50s68.png

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-20-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:26 AM   #24
fuzzyroes
Banned

https://theveryspecialblog.files.wor...7-37-57-pm.png

Old 01-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #25
fuzzyroes
Banned

When I was growing up as a young boy, I'd think about who has the ultimate swagger, and for me it was always AC Slater. Dude just oozes with confidence and has the game to back it up.

I saw some blog post from a chick and she mentioned that she got to visit the Saved By The Bell set when she was a teen... Here's a pic

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GASZdfJVBg...ioandwendy.jpg

AC's just the bomb... Those boots

Old 01-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #26
fuzzyroes
Banned

Growing up, the Saved By The Bell cast and the Full House cast were like my family. They really were. I really cared about those characters

Old 01-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #27
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
can i watch this online?

episode number?

Old 01-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #28
fuzzyroes
Banned

Oh hell yeah, it's great. Ummmmm 1 sec, I just had it up when I was googling images for it

Old 01-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #29
fuzzyroes
Banned

The episode is called "Date Auction"

And it's season 3 episode 15

Old 01-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #30
fuzzyroes
Banned

Here's a clip of the funniest scene! Some wise guy edited in 2 little movie clips to emphasize the scene, but the glory's all still here!

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-20-2018 at 12:35 PM.