Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #31
Desolation_Disco_King
Demi-God

Thanks for the feedback guys. I got my ticket.

Here's to hoping the seating is changed to at least a Theatre type setup, as per the link T&T provided. I really want General though, like i had for Montreal in 2000 at the Spectrum.

https://odawg.design/Clients/Rob/wp-...eenshot_15.jpg

Old 02-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #32
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
usually you need a your post count above 1000 to get auto invited by the system
but with the dwindling popularity we're making exceptions. so I'm glad you asked.
i'll put you on the list and you'll get a PM a few weeks before.

I'll be going to the meetup but not the show, unless I score some decent tickets for a decent price.

So much for lurking! Yeah 177$ is really expensive, the last show I went to was 7 years ago and that was like 88$

Old 02-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #33
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolation_Disco_King View Post

Here's to hoping the seating is changed to at least a Theatre type setup, as per the link T&T provided. I really want General though, like i had for Montreal in 2000 at the Spectrum.
I came out of that show with a bruise horizontal across my chest from being pressed up to the front railing the entire show. totally worth it.

but if they sold floor tickets as seats, I doubt they'll switch it to GA after this. people bought floor seats, the promoter can't just take that away from those that wanted to sit their ass down. well, they can do what ever they want I guess. it's not like if the tour fails and the arenas are empty that they're worried about a clean promotion next time cause their won't be a next time for billy.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #34
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

wait you aren't even kidding with the 177?

so to watch James ida nod off additionally to the zeitgeist and manson line up, that costs you 100 more.

he really is pissing on radiohead, with ticket prices twice as much. that will show em who's the bigger act!

Old 02-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #35
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:

mine is

SECTION NORD - ROW O - SEAT 31

Old 02-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #36
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
I came out of that show with a bruise horizontal across my chest from being pressed up to the front railing the entire show. totally worth it.

but if they sold floor tickets as seats, I doubt they'll switch it to GA after this. people bought floor seats, the promoter can't just take that away from those that wanted to sit their ass down. well, they can do what ever they want I guess. it's not like if the tour fails and the arenas are empty that they're worried about a clean promotion next time cause their won't be a next time for billy.
Floor seats are a dumb idea. All it takes is one person to stand up at the front, and the people behind them stand up because they can't see; eventually the whole place is standing awkwardly between the seating rows. It's 10x worse than a regular GA show because you can't move around.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #37
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

If the tickets:

1. Sell at $200 to Sad Machines types
2. all get bought up by scalpers.

Then aren't the band laughing all the way to the bank whatever happens after that?
All they have to do is put on a good show and they'll easily be able to sell out a European Tour in capital cities.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #38
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
If the tickets:

All they have to do is put on a good show and they'll easily be able to sell out a European Tour in capital cities.
Zeitgeist tour was half full and a lousy response. to sell out european venues I don't see it working unless they stick to venues half the size of the US (and then close off sectors.)

Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #39
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
he really is pissing on radiohead, with ticket prices twice as much. that will show em who's the bigger act!
we'll see which shows are sold out and which ones aren't.
& RH are playing two nights in a row...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywontyoulistn View Post
Floor seats are a dumb idea.
yup. this whole thing is dumb. someone's gonna lose a lot of money.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #40
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
wait you aren't even kidding with the 177?

so to watch James ida nod off additionally to the zeitgeist and manson line up, that costs you 100 more.

I was iffy about the price but this is probably the last time we will get a good setlist unless they do a MICS tour or Machina reissue tour! the dream... haha

I'm getting Toronto Radiohead tickets tomorrow and those are around 112$, Billy is really cashing in the $$$$

Old 02-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #41
Skradgee
Boardcaster

What are the chances of Melissa Auf Der Maur coming out as a guest at this show? Does she even still live in Montreal?

Old 02-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #42
T&T
Socialphobic

zero chance.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #43
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whicker View Post
How does seated floor work, do people just stand in front of their chair?
Everyone stands in front of their chairs and holds their phones up in the air. Enjoy!

Old 02-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #44
slayed23
Ownz

Radiohead is bigger in that they have more fans. Atleast currently.

Smashing Pumpkins is more known though. Atleast anecdotally in my experiences. I like both bands and I talk to a lot of people that have never heard of Radiohead. Not many people in Chicago have never heard of Smashing Pumpkins.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #45
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post

Smashing Pumpkins is more known though. Atleast anecdotally in my experiences. I like both bands and I talk to a lot of people that have never heard of Radiohead. Not many people in Chicago have never heard of Smashing Pumpkins.
if you live in chicago, then fucking obviously.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:51 PM   #46
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
Everyone stands in front of their chairs and holds their phones up in the air. Enjoy!
Damn, that's kinda awkward...

I just want to sit down, watch and enjoy the music. Billy would prob talk shit to us for not being into it and jumping like the 90s.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #47
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

the floor seats at the Manson/SP tour i went to in New Orleans weren't horrible but they were definitely unnecessary & kind of a hindrance

Ultimately led to some people getting kicked out for wanting to move closer to the stage - which is the natural progression of what happens when a rock band sets up venue seating like it's a Kenny G concert

Old 02-23-2018, 01:04 PM   #48
T&T
Socialphobic

that should be their promo tag line for the tour
"The Smashing Pumpkins - like it's a Kenny G concert"

Old 02-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #49
Desolation_Disco_King
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post

Radiohead is much bigger, but how big a band is shouldn't mean anything.

I wish the Pumpkins weren't popular at all. What i would give for a tour of Gish type shows.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #50
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Radiohead is much bigger, but how big a band is shouldn't mean anything.

I wish the Pumpkins weren't popular at all. What i would give for a tour of Gish type shows.
I would love small venues, halls/theaters. Would sound much better than a fuckin arena...

Old 02-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #51
Desolation_Disco_King
Demi-God

Quote:
I would love small venues, halls/theaters. Would sound much better than a fuckin arena...
Just noticed you are in Ottawa.

It sucks that we don't get the same kind of Concerts as Montreal and Toronto. Specifically Toronto who have a ton of smaller Venues. I saw them at Massey Hall for Plainsong, it was awesome even tho the seats were super duper uncomfortable lol

Old 02-23-2018, 02:59 PM   #52
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Just noticed you are in Ottawa.

It sucks that we don't get the same kind of Concerts as Montreal and Toronto. Specifically Toronto who have a ton of smaller Venues. I saw them at Massey Hall for Plainsong, it was awesome even tho the seats were super duper uncomfortable lol
I am originally from Sudbury, only moved to Ottawa 6 months ago. While I would like more shows directly in Ottawa and some of the smaller venues that Toronto has, I do appreciate not having to drive 4 hours and make sleeping arrangements for every concert .

Old 02-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #53
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

for anyone wondering about the floor layout.

https://www.rateyourseats.com/assets...oor-layout.jpg

50 rows of seats, labeled A-Z at the front and AA-ZZ towards the back. An aisle will typically run between rows JJ and KK.

For this price I kinda wish I would have got a bit closer than row O (15), but that's my fault for not picking floor right away, O well it could be worse.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #54
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Price Range 3 sold out. This might actually be doing better if it was at Radiohead prices.

Still plenty of tickets left on ground floor. Good possibility they move any floor buyers right up to the front, in which case, fuck it, no regrets. Just close your eyes, lay back and think of James. It's what I'm doing.

Chicago is going to be the only venue that sells out, calling it now.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #55
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

I hope they move everything up. here is the full exact seating chart, 15000 seats.

http://cdn.evenko.ca/_pdf/centrebell...teMaximale.pdf

Old 02-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #56
Pleasure|Contempt
viva la revolution eh, comrades?

Quote:
hmm, frig. A colleague of mine from montreal thought each section might be individually numbered right to left, was hoping my nord5 might be a bit closer to the middle :\
Disappointed it's not GA, but alas.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #57
Whicker
Oblivious Virgin

They are charging way too much, they aren't going to sell out at these prices and it will be their fault. Just looking at whats left for Montreal, all the 100$ seats sold, there is still floor seats available, that seems unheard of to me. The crappy seats selling faster than floor because of price.

Just got GA floor tickets for Radiohead and they were 112$ each.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:07 PM   #58
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasure|Contempt View Post
hmm, frig. A colleague of mine from montreal thought each section might be individually numbered right to left, was hoping my nord5 might be a bit closer to the middle :\
Disappointed it's not GA, but alas.
thanks for your first post in 11 years, Pleasure|Contempt. What was your username before this again?

Old 02-24-2018, 09:41 PM   #59
Pleasure|Contempt
viva la revolution eh, comrades?

It was ZeroBullet (groan). That was a long time ago

Old 02-24-2018, 11:09 PM   #60
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywontyoulistn View Post
Floor seats are a dumb idea. All it takes is one person to stand up at the front, and the people behind them stand up because they can't see; eventually the whole place is standing awkwardly between the seating rows. It's 10x worse than a regular GA show because you can't move around.
Yeah, I'm definitely bummed out about the set-up. GNR at least had a pit area in the front and then had the seated floor behind that... It was actually kind of whack. I had one of the floor tickets that was near the back at the edge of the row and I was wasted as fuck and stuck beside some old dad with a 10 year old daughter just sitting there all grumpy. Super lame...