Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #3211
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
If the ideas of what make nation states; borders, language, culture, are relegated to one political philosophy, the other philo that disregards it won't be long for that nation else they bring it all down with them.

Unless you think its a good idea that teachers stop a lesson 2 to 3 times so that Siri can translate it to non-english speaking students while admins attempt to posture that this method of education isn't insane.
What in the fuck

Old 09-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #3212
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

That first sentence is pretty senescent.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:34 PM   #3213
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

TOC show sources or shut the fuck up

Old 09-05-2017, 10:36 PM   #3214
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also borders are bullshit

and the united states doesnt have an official language

but id still love to see sources that lectures that are taught in english are being stopped while they are going on so they can be translated to spanish speaking 10 year olds.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #3215
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
But if you insist on getting played by it, yet again in history, then by all means, keep up with the virtue signaling and feel great about your self-esteem as you deem anyone to the right of Lenin/Stalin/Mao/Pol Pot as a Nazi.
being concerned about immigrant children = virtual signaling

also extremely ironic how you say all leftists are communists while decrying that people call all conservative nazis. like do you not have any cognitive dissonance when saying that?

Old 09-06-2017, 12:45 AM   #3216
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
also borders are bullshit

and the united states doesnt have an official language

but id still love to see sources that lectures that are taught in english are being stopped while they are going on so they can be translated to spanish speaking 10 year olds.

I still talk to a lot of teachers. That's what's going on in some pockets here in Cali as you might guess and it's not just spanish either. It slows things to a crawl while the leftist feel good about placating the many illegal immigrant feelings over naturalized english speakers who sit there and wait for what is an undeniably choppy lesson plan.

One man responsible for these lessons is Linguistic Author, Guy Cook. He is a Cambridge grad who currently teaches at Kings College London and is a leading light on what's called Grammar Translation Method.

Quote:
“We live in a world where English is more dominant, but on the other hand, we need to be more careful about people maintaining their own linguistic and cultural identities.”

In order to do this, teachers should not just create opportunities to translate in the classroom, but they should also apply certain lessons differently for speakers of different languages. Even though the added prep takes more time and effort, educators can be sure that they will engage students by making lessons more linguistically and culturally relevant.

The highlighted part is the big hangup for most teachers. There already isn't enough time in the day/week/year to meet standards and is a non-starter for most teachers at present. However, when admins start trying to justify their existence is usually when they start meddling where they shouldn't, which lately, is everywhere. This idea is being tried and it's pure insanity, but then, that's what you get with overly PC bureaucrats with pensions to protect.

Last edited by The Omega Concern : 09-06-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:50 AM   #3217
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
being concerned about immigrant children = virtual signaling

also extremely ironic how you say all leftists are communists while decrying that people call all conservative nazis. like do you not have any cognitive dissonance when saying that?

At the expense of everyone else and eventually them as well and it's not irony when its the truth. Trump was right about Antifa and equating them to the KKK/Nazi's, it just took a couple weeks for the Pelosi led DNC and media to figure it out. As such, the religious political left is calling the likes of everyone from Charles Barkley to H.A. Goodman Nazi's if you stand an inch to the right of 'em.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:25 AM   #3218
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

you aren't grasping what i'm saying. you can't decry people calling conservatives nazis while simultaneously doing the equivalent thing to those people

Old 09-06-2017, 01:26 AM   #3219
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also your example does not lead to a source, and something doesn't necessarily take longer because someone says it does, and that example anyway is not what you said which is that lessons in english are stopped so that translators can translate it to spanish before continuing

Old 09-06-2017, 01:53 AM   #3220
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
you aren't grasping what i'm saying. you can't decry people calling conservatives nazis while simultaneously doing the equivalent thing to those people

The political left including Liberals, Progressives, SJW's, anymore, are calling anyone to the right of them Nazi's, or white supremacist in the case of Charles Barkley. Or a genuine progressive like H.A. Goodman who is exposing the corruption of the DNC for the sake of the party.

It ain't just conservatives they're calling out and the current Antifa group is a literal re-do of the Communist Antifascist group in pre-Nazi Germany who called out anyone who disagreed with them Nazi's.

Sound familiar?

Old 09-06-2017, 02:11 AM   #3221
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
also your example does not lead to a source, and something doesn't necessarily take longer because someone says it does, and that example anyway is not what you said which is that lessons in english are stopped so that translators can translate it to spanish before continuing

It's not an example, I showed you a core philosophy that is permeating western education. The ESL programs in Cali high schools are meant to integrate students into regular classroom 1-3 years, but's become a cash cow in large part and the influx of illegal immigrants of the last 20 years puts a strain on resources and curriculum as standards start regressing to the mean. It's harsh, but that's the reality.

yes, Parents are speaking out against this method of translating during lessons, which I've heard is in the elementary levels in Sacramento and Yuba City, but I'd have to get the minutes of those district meetings to make sure.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #3222
FoolofaTook

Nation gets established by invaders who slaughter everyone and bring slaves to work.

their descendents whine about "illegal immigrants" not knowing the language.

Anglo-saxon swine...

Old 09-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #3223
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
It's not an example, I showed you a core philosophy that is permeating western education. The ESL programs in Cali high schools are meant to integrate students into regular classroom 1-3 years, but's become a cash cow in large part and the influx of illegal immigrants of the last 20 years puts a strain on resources and curriculum as standards start regressing to the mean. It's harsh, but that's the reality.

yes, Parents are speaking out against this method of translating during lessons, which I've heard is in the elementary levels in Sacramento and Yuba City, but I'd have to get the minutes of those district meetings to make sure.
but your example only shows that they are attempting to bring in more cultural diversity. i don't care what "you've heard." put up or shut up. what you've heard second, third, 10th hand cannot be taken as fact and this is true for anything

also you are using "regressing to the mean" incorrectly. regressing to the means going back to normal after a statistical anomaly

Old 09-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #3224
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Congress must save DACA.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #3225
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
The political left including Liberals, Progressives, SJW's, anymore, are calling anyone to the right of them Nazi's, or white supremacist in the case of Charles Barkley. Or a genuine progressive like H.A. Goodman who is exposing the corruption of the DNC for the sake of the party.

It ain't just conservatives they're calling out and the current Antifa group is a literal re-do of the Communist Antifascist group in pre-Nazi Germany who called out anyone who disagreed with them Nazi's.

Sound familiar?
look since you continually avoid what i am saying i will say it again. you cannot cry foul at people doing something that you yourself are doing. well, you can, cuz that's what you're doing. if you call people communists on the level of Stalin etc, while decrying people who (supposedly) call people who have more conservative beliefs nazis, you are a hypocrite

Old 09-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #3226
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Congress must save DACA.
absolutely. i know at least two people that are now citizens that would have been deported if DACA wasn't there. it's ridiculous to think their presence is hurting america

Old 09-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #3227
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Rules shouldn't be respected just because they are rules. I do realize why nation states are important (see Hobbes), but that doesn't mean that if people get in illegally they must be deported no matter what. Especially because they did not even make the choice to come here illegally and have lived the same as every other citizen for the majority of their lives. Kicking them out is ridiculous. People already here who are otherwise law abiding should be given amnesty, imo. But regardless, "we are either under the rule of law or we aren't" is anti-progress. Objection to laws is how society changes.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #3228
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
I still talk to a lot of teachers. That's what's going on in some pockets here in Cali as you might guess and it's not just spanish either.
not just spanish, huh? what else? french? swahili? blind? polish? creole?

erica asked for sources and you bust out with "I still talk to a lot of teachers." LOL

anyway, the teachers you still talk to sound lazy. lazy teachers and admins and people like you are a part of the apathetic money-driven bureaucracy my cousin and her son with autism have to endure at every iep (they live in california, too!) meeting so that he can get the education afforded to every one else.

he just graduated, though, and now has to deal with securing adult services. i bet it just gets harder and harder.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #3229
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

Quote:
...and it's not just spanish either.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #3230
redbreegull

poots would have been the guy arguing that the slaves should probably be free morally, but the law is important so we still have to return runaways

Old 09-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #3231
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
I understand that you want "progress" but doing so by circumventing the law is not the way to go about it.
i assume you must be quite annoyed by trump then. right?

Old 09-06-2017, 05:48 PM   #3232
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Facebook says it has discovered a Russian-funded campaign to promote divisive social and political messages on its network.

Last edited by MplsTaper : 09-07-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #3233
The Omega Concern
Banned

that's not the article that comes up.

And FB, like the DNC and RNC, are once again blaming the Ruskies for their routines like election meddling and divide and conquer memes.

News hits today that we somehow know that it's the Russians who have hacked our electrical grid. That's laughable as the nature of a hack is guesswork, except to the NSA and they never tell what they know. Symantec merely made the claim the code was in Russian, but the news spun it to say it was them.

The globalist may be setting up a FF on the grid to blame on the Russians (they recently tried and failed with NK/Gaum ). I would suspect the closer the hammer falls on the Iwan/DWS investigation and how it implicates Hillary and the entire DNC and many D congressionals, the closer we are to some trigger event to derail the inevitable indictments in this case.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #3234
Starla

Why does the alt left always use Native American Indians in their immigration arguments? Some of them would be pissed off to know what many of us feel about immigration issues, then call us nazis.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #3235
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

starla posts in the trump thread, knew it was worth it

'alt left'

Old 09-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #3236
FoolofaTook

Native American Indians.

I'd like to tear your jugular out with my plastic bridge fangs.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #3237
FoolofaTook

JUST KIDDING PLZ DON'T BON ME

Old 09-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #3238
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Why does the alt left always use Native American Indians in their immigration arguments? Some of them would be pissed off to know what many of us feel about immigration issues, then call us nazis.

The DNC, most RNC sellout whores and the media now fully recognizes the plank the Antifa-left was walking off and taking them with it.

They all flipped the script on those mercs and some started calling for them to be labelled a terrorist group. From Pelosi to Paul Ryan, Joe and Mika, WaPo... This not 2 weeks after each and every one of them wanted to hang Trump for insinuating the same.

He won the rhetoric war on that one...meanwhile, he's been partly co-opted by the Neo-Con's in the MIC (and that son-in-law and daughter of his ain't doing him any favors either). Partly because he's not playing ball with them in regards to Syria, but did relent on Afghanistan and those poppy fields.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:27 PM   #3239
buzzard
Minion of Satan

What's this I hear about Trump siding with Schumer and Pelosi on one or two issues, then?

Old 09-07-2017, 03:14 AM   #3240
Cool As Ice Cream

Lol nice, I might actually check that out for the sake of curiosity haha