Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 07-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #151
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash View Post
yeah, vanilla moved back from hawaii and pretty much disowned me, too. haven't spoken to her at all. we'd go to shows and just chill every once in awhile before she moved (and when she was in town after), but nothing after she moved back. pretty disappointing but who knows, maybe she needed to do it for some reason.
she was posting a lot about babies before she dropped contact, i think she's in full blown babymakin mindset and i've seen alot of women (like ammy) just decide that their pre-motherhood years were shameful and just disown everything and everyone from it.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #152
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

lengua is delicious. so tender.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #153
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

theres a carnival going on a block from my house this weekend. they sell tacos. i will eat tacos thursday - sunday.

blessed be.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #154
mxzombie
Braindead

eat a tamal for me.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #155
noyen
Immortal

lengua tastes like delicious pot roast to me. i love it too, maybe more than other beef cuts. al pastor mexico city style i love to death. there is a place here in slc that does it on the spit too, roasted pineapple on top too. so damn. good. we turned it into a hot spot because of a white people review site and place is expanded and blown up since me and a friend discovered and exploited it. always have atleast 20 tacos when i go there.

carnival and tacos sounds pretty heavenly. i make them at home mostly lately. i found zachilla guacamole sauce in the markets now which makes everything heavenly. a must have condiment at home.

i made enchiladas last night with garden peppers and stuff and was so damn hot i'm still feeling the burn.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #156
bignothing
Demi-God

As a kid I ate so many chicken hearts, it's like... mom why did you allow me to be this horrible?

Old 07-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #157
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Now I'm craving lengua tacos. Shit.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #158
Trotskilicious
Banned

one of the things that austin hasn't gotten wise to is authentic places, because what the yelpers in this fucking town want is someone with a goddamn DEGREE in interior decoration to come in and make it "funky" or "stylish" or "modern" and then they give these fucking five star reviews for what ultimately is a totally shitty, overpriced taco (torchy's is about the only exception but it started as a truck) made by douchebag white people or dicks that went to culinary school who thought it would be cute to make a taco with bahn mi ingredients in it and charge 4.50 for it when i can get a goddamn bahn mi at a fucking authentic place for about the same fucking price. i can get a goddamn authentic cuban sandwich for fucking $6. WITH CUBAN BREAD, YO. anyway. fuck this hipster bullshit city, i eat in the "bad parts" of town now.

i hate this place so much i could vomit: http://www.tacodeli.com/

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 07-09-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #159
Trotskilicious
Banned

there's this particular verde sauce that's not made with tomatillos that is ball burstingly good, it's insane hot but still very flavorful and accentuates beef and chicken. they have it at el pollo regio/rico and i'm never sure what to call it. seems to be jalapenos and garlic and egg yolk to make it that special creamy green shade.

do you know what i'm talking about noyen

Old 07-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #160
noyen
Immortal

we've had the same problem with pho places here. the worst pho places get these high reviews while the best places in town have the lowest scores. which is okay by me. i went and checked out the pho place everyone was talking about (http://www.ohmaisandwich.com/) and raving over you gotta try dis thing called a banh mi... (i've already had them and found the best pho places) and their food is disgusting and unworthy of any praise. was loaded with white people which is a dead give away. the best place http://www.yelp.com/biz/south-china-...salt-lake-city has the best fucking pho in this town. it is magical broth and is like drinking unicorn piss. every thursday i pho it up. got my brother addicted to it.

this place: http://www.chungasmexican.com/ has the best al pastor in town. we endorsed them on slctacos.com and they blew up and now it's overloaded with douchebags on their lunch break but we're atleast happy they get tons of business because it is so god damn good. they did my friends wedding catering and it was unlimited al pastor. one of the highlights of my life.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #161
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah the "nothing but white people" thing is such a dead giveaway that their mexican food fucking sucks. there is actually a place like that in San Antonio--the holy mecca of tex-mex--called the Alamo Cafe and they serve enchiladas with flour tortillas. Which is heresy. We would go there for wrap parties for this dumb theater club i was in back in college, and we had two girls from the border/the Valley and they ordered chicken fried steak. That speaks volumes about that horrible place. Our completely lily white club president loved it though and he basically didn't even think of what we wanted.

the best food, like the Tamale House (now closed, which is another whole austin californication rant) brings out all the colors of the 'bow, man. Somethign I always treasured about that place, in a highly segregated city where whites, blacks, and mexicans do not mingle...they all show up at the tamale house for THE BEST goddamn breakfast tacos. it brought a tear to my eye.

i have friends of mine who won't go to taquerias arandinas with me because they are worried the mexican folks there don't like gringos and they're talking bad about us in spanish and i'm like dude they get rich of this gringo and i tip them better than most of the regular clientele (they had to put fucking signs up to remind people to tip)

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 07-09-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #162
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm pretty much making a new rule right now that i will not eat anywhere that makes a pun as the name of the restaraunt. it's seriously the worst fucking trend, god damn. every food truck just thinks it's hilarious coming up with some kind of goddamn food pun. there's even a place here called LOVE BALLS which makes miso balls or something.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #163
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
there's this particular verde sauce that's not made with tomatillos that is ball burstingly good, it's insane hot but still very flavorful and accentuates beef and chicken. they have it at el pollo regio/rico and i'm never sure what to call it. seems to be jalapenos and garlic and egg yolk to make it that special creamy green shade.

do you know what i'm talking about noyen
from what you're saying i think it's cebolla

Old 07-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #164
Trotskilicious
Banned

the guy from california at work was wearing a franklins goddamn buttfucking 2009 shit brick cable tv barbecue shirt. the guy is okay but sometimes little things like this will just annoy me so goddamn much

cebolla is an onion yo

Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #165
noyen
Immortal

Salsa de cebolla or something like that. onion based, lots of variations of it. i think that's what you might be describing.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #166
Trotskilicious
Banned

it's the best, whatever it is

Old 07-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #167
Trotskilicious
Banned

oh here's another example of my austin culinary experience, i went to this place i used to go to all the time for their texmexinest chili cheese enchiladas and they've gotten a funky makeover which i'm like oh chist, and they're advertising duck tacos and i'm even further like oh for the love of, and then when i get up to the menu they've replaced chili goddamn cheese with "Butternut squash and Kale enchiladas" and when i ask the girl if they have chili cheese, she says yes and then asks me red or green

Old 07-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #168
Trotskilicious
Banned

BUTTERNUT AND KALE ENCHILADAS

YOU KNOW I'M ALL FOR EXPERIMENTING BUT SOMETIMES YOU JUST MAKE FUCKING JOKE FOOD THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING FROM A PORTLANDIA SKETCH

Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #169
noyen
Immortal

that or it's a avacado tomatillo onion sauce/mexican style guacamole. i must taste it.. there's so much variation. i try all kinds of sauces that are just named after the region the dude is from and it's usually a variation of zaaschila stuff which a lot of taco stands just make fresh. it's the creamy green often spicy as fuck stuff.

i just buy this stuff http://www.zaaschila.com/en/ http://www.amazon.com/Zaaschila-Guac.../dp/B001XY7O6K and every other type of sauce they make. go through a bottle of it in like a week.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #170
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
oh here's another example of my austin culinary experience, i went to this place i used to go to all the time for their texmexinest chili cheese enchiladas and they've gotten a funky makeover which i'm like oh chist, and they're advertising duck tacos and i'm even further like oh for the love of, and then when i get up to the menu they've replaced chili goddamn cheese with "Butternut squash and Kale enchiladas" and when i ask the girl if they have chili cheese, she says yes and then asks me red or green
hahaha yeah i encounter that stuff too. sometimes it's good... sometimes just not a taco. sounds like this place http://www.taqueria27.com/ lots of duck and beets, mushrooms, pork belly, pears, turkey, etc... shit you just don't get on the street in mexico. sometimes it's good. but most of the time it's a shame they're calling it a taco and not something else.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #171
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
i would meet any of you and i was feeling nostalgic and wanted to revisit and say hello! so there.
you check in all the time,

Old 07-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #172
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

and lengua is disgusting

Old 07-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #173
mxzombie
Braindead

i had a lengua burrito the other day and a little chunk of meat fell out onto my plate. i picked it up and i could see all the tastebuds. tongue texture.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #174
noyen
Immortal

it's wonderful. a french kiss in every bite.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:30 AM   #175
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignothing View Post
As a kid I ate so many chicken hearts, it's like... mom why did you allow me to be this horrible?
Nowadays I feel slightly queasy about them, but yeah, I ate quite a few of them in my time.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:47 AM   #176
mxzombie
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
it's wonderful. a french kiss in every bite.
100% accurate.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #177
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 07-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #178
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

mmmm lengua and tripas

i still need to get Tim to try menudo. unfortunately, it's a warmer weather food, but i still drink coffee and hot chocolate in the summer. and ice cream sandwiches in the winter. fuckit. i need to seek out a place that does it right and then taste-test it before Tim does. ;_; oh the things we put ourselves through for those we love. i want his first time to be special and good.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #179
Trotskilicious
Banned

tripas and menudo are things i haven't tried

i had a co-worker back at the pizza joint named carlos and eventually we got so sick of pizza we'd make jalisco runs for dinner. I remember one time carlos was REALLY EXCITED because the restaraunt up the street had menudo on weekends only and it was sunday or something. He kept saying that real mexicans eat menudo and he's a real mexican and while he was eating it he kept talking about how mexican he felt and that the menudo was powering his mexicanness

it was pretty funny, ten years ago never forget

Old 07-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #180
noyen
Immortal

tripe in good pho is good. it just has to be cooked right. good menudo is amazing. bad menudo will make you never want to try it again. same goes for haggis i guess. i love guts. liver. hearts. kidneys. yum yum yum.