Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2018, 12:22 AM   #931
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

It’s been a few months and this song/video still feels like a bizarre dream I just woke up from. Like was that real? Did Billy really release something THAT horrible.

Yup, he did.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:25 AM   #932
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Remember when this band didn't make you feel embarassed to be a fan? 1989-2000 does.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:31 AM   #933
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah man. I’m still not over it.

SP in the 90s was by far one of the most mind blowingly great runs of any band in history. It literally boggles my mind that they have sunk this low and seem hell bent on hitting deeper bottoms at every turn.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #934
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

seems like someone is living in the pass

but again, everyone except you seems extremely surprised with how good the tour is, so maybe the problem is you?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #935
redbreegull

the song sucks and the video is so wtf that it is actually kind of good

Old 08-06-2018, 01:28 AM   #936
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Seems like the band is living in the pass doing a tour where they play 3 hours of old material?? I saw the show and it was good. But I'm not a fan of the way Billy presents the band with the self aggrandizing imagery of himself, cringe worthy videos, and stupid skirts. He should also stay away from all forms of social media interaction with fans because he can't help but come across as a conceited dbag with a huge superiority complex (aka: who he really is).

Old 08-06-2018, 01:39 AM   #937
redbreegull

Yes, he is a narcissist, and a huge douchebag. For sure. But what can I say the tour rocks, they sound amazing and they look happy. It's hard to be down on it. This is coming from one of biggest billy corgan cynics on the planet.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:08 AM   #938
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I wish they'd drop this album/double ep or whatever

Old 08-06-2018, 02:16 AM   #939
Green Eyes
Demi-God

The next single will be out very, very soon according to Billy's Q&A on Instagram.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #940
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
I think my problem is that, from a guitar playing standpoint at least, it just feels lazy. The riffs are pretty good, but that's it. Are there any leads from James or Jeff in there? If there are, I can't hear them. It just sounds like they're all just playing the same chords. It reminds me of something like Transistor, a song I liked but I never understood why Billy felt the need to have something like 12 guitars all playing the same part.

I mean, if Billy and James were a couple of so-so talents with zero ability to shred, I could understand it. But they have the ability to play some really cool leads, and that's what I had hoped to hear from the new music. Instead, we get... this. It's okay, but just kinda generic. At least Jimmy is really trying.

I completely agree with you.
the one boy (with the neil young pic) making fun of you should better listen to storytone or tonights the night - go to uncle neil, light some spliff and get on a crazy horse.

some idiots are only here to bash others here. get a life schwanzlutscher
Hey man, thanks but he wasn't making fun of me (at least I don't think so). That Solara post was actually my first post here on Netphoria, and he was just responding to that.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #941
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Seems like the band is living in the pass doing a tour where they play 3 hours of old material?? I saw the show and it was good. But I'm not a fan of the way Billy presents the band with the self aggrandizing imagery of himself, cringe worthy videos, and stupid skirts. He should also stay away from all forms of social media interaction with fans because he can't help but come across as a conceited dbag with a huge superiority complex (aka: who he really is).
Seriously. In the past few weeks, I've seen a bunch of bands well past their heyday (SP, the Cult, STP, Bush, Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie). All of them sounded between good and great. But while some of them applied more theatrics than others (Manson, Zombie and SP), SP was the only one that waded into "I feel embarrassed for these guys" territory. All of Billy's weird outfits and his self-indulgent artwork, videos and little Billy Christ statue just reaffirmed all of the preconceived notions fans had about him when he announced this tour. It's like, dude, why the fuck can't you just play? I understand using some trippy visuals to make the show more interesting but why do they all have to be about you? And seriously, those stupid skirts and copious layers he's wearing make him look like a homeless guy who is walking around wearing every garment he owns because otherwise it might get stolen from him at the shelter.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:26 PM   #942
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
And seriously, those stupid skirts and copious layers he's wearing make him look like a homeless guy who is walking around wearing every garment he owns because otherwise it might get stolen from him at the shelter.
he looks way worse than a homeless guy.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #943
FoolofaTook

yeah i looked pretty superb when i was at the shelter

Old 08-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #944
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I will take the throwback skirts over shirts three sizes too small for him that leave his gut hanging out. If he wants to play up the whole Zero rockstar persona, that's fine in my view. The facepaint isn't flattering but fuck, overall it's a better look for him than the Oceania tour was.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #945
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
he looks way worse than a homeless guy.
LOL indeed.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #946
Killly_Borgan
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Seriously. In the past few weeks, I've seen a bunch of bands well past their heyday (SP, the Cult, STP, Bush, Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie). All of them sounded between good and great. But while some of them applied more theatrics than others (Manson, Zombie and SP), SP was the only one that waded into "I feel embarrassed for these guys" territory. All of Billy's weird outfits and his self-indulgent artwork, videos and little Billy Christ statue just reaffirmed all of the preconceived notions fans had about him when he announced this tour. It's like, dude, why the fuck can't you just play? I understand using some trippy visuals to make the show more interesting but why do they all have to be about you? And seriously, those stupid skirts and copious layers he's wearing make him look like a homeless guy who is walking around wearing every garment he owns because otherwise it might get stolen from him at the shelter.
Hey how was The Cult? Been interested in catching them. Also Manson. I've always heard he was awful in concert.
I saw him for the Holy Wood tour, though I don't remember how well they played, and they played 45 minutes before Manson started swinging the mic towards John5 with 20 feet of cable and momentum behind it. John5 ducked at the last moment so it missed his head, and he left the stage. Manson tore part the drum kit, so the drummer left, then Manson. The song was finished by Twiggy, gleefully hopping around stage in a dress and Madonna Wayne. Show over

Old 08-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #947
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
...hell bent on hitting deeper bottoms at every turn.

just like you're father!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:59 PM   #948
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Gold standard Took.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:05 PM   #949
FoolofaTook

Wink

I delve for mithril, bra, but whatevs.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:59 AM   #950
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killly_Borgan View Post
Hey how was The Cult? Been interested in catching them. Also Manson. I've always heard he was awful in concert.
I saw him for the Holy Wood tour, though I don't remember how well they played, and they played 45 minutes before Manson started swinging the mic towards John5 with 20 feet of cable and momentum behind it. John5 ducked at the last moment so it missed his head, and he left the stage. Manson tore part the drum kit, so the drummer left, then Manson. The song was finished by Twiggy, gleefully hopping around stage in a dress and Madonna Wayne. Show over
The Cult are crazy good. Ian Astbury still sounds like he did 30 years ago and Billy Duffy can fucking SHRED. They played most of their old hits (Fire Woman, She Sells Sanctuary, etc.). Astbury seriously looks like Tommy Wiseau now, lol. But they are awesome live.

As for Manson, he was really good. My only complaint would be that it took a long time in between some songs while the slower-than-hell roadie crew set up props and things. Rob Zombie also had long breaks in between songs but he filled it with some great banter with the crowd. Manson did his fair share of banter too but frequently disappeared offstage for costume changes. Also, John 5 is in Zombie's band now and he was amazing. He did this 10-minute solo that started out as "Dueling Banjos" then morphed into "Eruption" and some other stuff. Zombie and Manson also did a killer cover of Helter Skelter.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #951
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
The Cult are crazy good. Ian Astbury still sounds like he did 30 years ago and Billy Duffy can fucking SHRED. They played most of their old hits (Fire Woman, She Sells Sanctuary, etc.). Astbury seriously looks like Tommy Wiseau now, lol. But they are awesome live.

As for Manson, he was really good. My only complaint would be that it took a long time in between some songs while the slower-than-hell roadie crew set up props and things. Rob Zombie also had long breaks in between songs but he filled it with some great banter with the crowd. Manson did his fair share of banter too but frequently disappeared offstage for costume changes. Also, John 5 is in Zombie's band now and he was amazing. He did this 10-minute solo that started out as "Dueling Banjos" then morphed into "Eruption" and some other stuff. Zombie and Manson also did a killer cover of Helter Skelter.
Just to be clear, the Pumpkins are embarrassing but seeing Manson in 2018 isn’t?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #952
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

The Solara I dreamed is still better

Old 08-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #953
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Just to be clear, the Pumpkins are embarrassing but seeing Manson in 2018 isn’t?
Dude, the ticket for Mason was $23. And seeing the Pumpkins isn't embarrassing. They sounded great. I only said that some of Billy's self-indulgent antics (the Billy Christ, the costumes, that stupid fucking Dumbo song, Mark McGrath, the Solara video) are embarrassing. You could say that Manson's antics are embarrassing too, but that was always his thing. And if he came out now and just played a normal set with no makeup or theatrics, no one would want to see that. Billy and the Pumpkins could play a great set without all that other BS and I don't think anyone would give them shit.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:47 AM   #954
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

mason r butler?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #955
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Friend and neighbor.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #956
spguitar0
Demi-God

It's pretty awesome seeing my band at #2 for station adds last week and solara on the same chart.

https://i.imgur.com/qpOcUNp.jpg

Old 08-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #957
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

I didn't realize Live had released any new material. Just looked it up. Man, Ed Kowalcyk doesn't age! Dude looks like he did 20 years ago.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #958
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

lead singer bonus

Old 08-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #959
Cool As Ice Cream

what is a "station add"?

Old 08-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #960
spguitar0
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
what is a "station add"?
When radio stations add the song. They tally it up. This was last week from Billboard and Foundation.
I'm still green on how it all adds up but we're pushing for secondary radio and some other reporting stations right now.

https://i.imgur.com/wLbqRkf.png

https://i.imgur.com/lR1fFWS.png

Up to 298 adds this week. I'm waiting on the full report from my radio promoter to come in tonight.

Last edited by spguitar0 : 08-08-2018 at 05:04 PM.