Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #91
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
How is it obvious? The guy mentioned the exact same story in that interview nearly 10 years ago, that pretty much shows that he wasn't just talking outta his ass when he was up on stage.

The guy just seems scared of being strong-armed in some legal drama.

Yes. And even though he did turtle big time, it's essentially a win-win for him; no lawsuit and the story is rehashed to fresh status for people to see/hear. In that sense, even though it would of been interesting to see this go further, he was smart.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #92
T&T
Socialphobic

best move would have been for both parties to keep slandering each other, maintain an escalation and stay in the media. Finally have a glorious reconciliation and then put out a cheesy Christmas song about forgiveness and Syrian refugees..

Old 12-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #93
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
Yes. And even though he did turtle big time, it's essentially a win-win for him; no lawsuit and the story is rehashed to fresh status for people to see/hear. In that sense, even though it would of been interesting to see this go further, he was smart.
No doubt man.

What I find hilarious is that BC went out of his way to get someone to film it.

"Hey, come here! you gotta get this on camera, I'm gonna ream out that fucking hipster dick!"

lol like honestly.

The guy goes to have a chat with a guy from the band he's touring with and theres some hanger on standing there with a video camera in his face as they hear every word of what should be an intimate discussion . The Deerhunter guy had to be thinking Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat theeeeeeeeeee fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Old 12-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #94
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
best move would have been for both parties to keep slandering each other, maintain an escalation and stay in the media. Finally have a glorious reconciliation and then put out a cheesy Christmas song about forgiveness and Syrian refugees..
True, couldn't have really hurt either one of these guys to keep the drama going. I don't know much about Deerhunter but from what I gather their "indie darling" status has been continually fading over the years.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #95
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:

this was a bluff

Old 12-13-2015, 02:01 PM   #96
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
No doubt man.

"Hey, come here! you gotta get this on camera, I'm gonna ream out that fucking hipster dick!"

lol like honestly.

The guy goes to have a chat with a guy from the band he's touring with and theres some hanger on standing there with a video camera in his face as they hear every word of what should be an intimate discussion . The Deerhunter guy had to be thinking Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat theeeeeeeeeee fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I would assume a camera crew was recording everything Billy did at the Orange Peel and The Filmore to use in what would become If All Goes Wrong.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #97
vajohna
Ownz

How did Cox go 15 minutes without anyone in the crowd begging him to shut up and play a fucking song? Christ.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #98
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

they might of thought it was part of Set Controls for the Heart of the Sun Tsp was doing

Old 12-27-2015, 07:22 PM   #99
pumpkins
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajohna View Post
How did Cox go 15 minutes without anyone in the crowd begging him to shut up and play a fucking song? Christ.
Because, unlike Mr. Corgan's, they are true fans.

Last edited by pumpkins : 12-28-2015 at 04:30 AM.