...Tristessa?

------------------
http://www.rbibaseball.com/images/player-bo.gif

Old 05-04-2002, 06:03 PM   #32
NegaBenji

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate the Grate:
...Tristessa?

Nah, there's a couple of alternating note parts and some fast slurs, but it's not too bad

Old 05-04-2002, 11:48 PM   #33
NegaBenji

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by VegasPumpkin:
have you heard the Nothing + Everything live version that was a bonus on the RTS or see the clip in full circle from the on the cable show in 88 or 89. There is no delay. That is by far the hardest solo. Thats when Billy was listening to Yngwie Malmsteen too much.
I listened to that version and uh... point very much taken

Old 05-05-2002, 04:39 PM   #34
ZackZ

sigh.. Why is it that most Pumpkin's fans suck/no nothing about guitar? Most SP solos are straight pentatonic. As for the most dificult...Geek USA comes to mind. The last run on that isn't pentatonic. It's more of a Yngwie Malmsteen type classical run. The Fuck You solo is mostly bullshit with tons of distortion. Nothing and Everything is pretty fast and dificult as well. Bury Me is not that hard and does not have any harmonics unlike what someone said earlier. It's straight pentatonic with a key shift. Goes from F to A I think.

Old 05-05-2002, 05:28 PM   #35
NegaBenji

Quote:
Originally posted by ZackZ:
Bury Me is not that hard and does not have any harmonics unlike what someone said earlier. It's straight pentatonic with a key shift. Goes from F to A I think.
The shift is right after the non-existant harmonics O_o

'F to A I think?' Thanks for the schooling, Maestro

Old 05-05-2002, 10:00 PM   #36
ZackZ

Quote:
Originally posted by NegaBenji:
The shift is right after the non-existant harmonics O_o

'F to A I think?' Thanks for the schooling, Maestro
Ok, I listened to it again, and it has one fucking pinch harmonic note. So techincally, you were wrong in saying "harmonics". The whole solo sounds like Billy was playing through a wah on full trebble, so a lot of notes sound pretty harsh.

Old 05-06-2002, 02:26 PM   #37
NegaBenji

Talking

Quote:
Ok, I listened to it again, and it has one fucking pinch harmonic note. So techincally, you were wrong in saying "harmonics". The whole solo sounds like Billy was playing through a wah on full trebble, so a lot of notes sound pretty harsh.

Yeah one note, many times at high speed - ergo, harmonics plural. Tell you what, post up an mp3 of yourself pulling that solo off, and we'll all kiss your ass, m'kay?

Old 05-06-2002, 04:44 PM   #38
ZackZ

That's tremolo picking you dumbshit.

Here is my version of the solo. It was recorded on a 2 dollar condensor mic.

http://www.geocities.com/dunnforheisman/bury2.wav

Right click, "Save As...."

[This message has been edited by ZackZ (edited 05-06-2002).]

Old 05-06-2002, 05:37 PM   #39
NegaBenji

Quote:
That's tremolo picking you dumbshit.

Here is my version of the solo. It was recorded on a 2 dollar condensor mic.

http://www.geocities.com/dunnforheisman/bury2.wav

Right click, "Save As...."

[This message has been edited by ZackZ (edited 05-06-2002).]
Although you're obviously a talented guitarist, that really sounds nothing like the real solo. You don't ascend high enough in the first fast run, and you're just not playing the same melody after the harmonics. So either you can't play it, or you just never really listened to it in the first place. I'm guessing it's more the latter

Old 05-06-2002, 06:12 PM   #40
ZackZ

Ya so I didn't match it note for note. I basically just played it in the same key. But this wasn't about if I could play the solo exactly right, it was about harmonics. The fast part is TREMOLO PICKING, NOT HARMONICS. Read a book......

Old 05-06-2002, 07:25 PM   #41
NegaBenji

Talking

Quote:
Ya so I didn't match it note for note. I basically just played it in the same key. But this wasn't about if I could play the solo exactly right, it was about harmonics. The fast part is TREMOLO PICKING, NOT HARMONICS. Read a book......
Actually this thread was about 'most technically difficult solo,' and you were supposed to play the solo to prove it wasn't hard. Playing in the same key proves nothing (and you didn't even do that, since you didn't match the key changes). Tremolo picking is the picking technique, the harmonics come from the fretting technique - so you're tremolo picking harmonics. Anything else you need clearing up?

Old 05-06-2002, 07:31 PM   #42
ZackZ

You are truly fucking stupid. There are two basic types of harmonics which I will refer to as pinch harmonics and natural harmonics. The pinch harmonic technique involves one "pinching" the string as they pick will fully fretting a note. This causes the harmonic to sound for whichever note you are fretting at the time. Natural harmonics involves NO FRETTING. One places their finger above a desired fret WITHOUT pressing the string down. The string is struck with the pick as normal, and a harmonic sounds. NEITHER of these techniques are involved in the solo for Bury Me. I don't think it would even be possible to tremolo pick and do pinch harmonics, and you can OBVIOUSLY tell that natural harmonics are not use. Therefor, YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON. I suggest you take back your Fender Squire and Gorilla amp and take up a new hobby, like buttfucking your mom you stupid piece of shit.

Old 05-06-2002, 07:59 PM   #43
NegaBenji

Talking

When I said 'fret', I was talking about the positioning of your finger on the string so as to cause a particular note to sound - I didn't think you'd be so asinine as to think I was talking about natural harmonics. But hey - thanks for trying to divert the thread away from the fact that you can't actually play this 'not that hard' solo. If you're gonna talk shit be prepared to back it up.

Old 05-07-2002, 04:44 PM   #44
paranoid

Quote:
If you're gonna talk shit be prepared to back it up.
w3rd.

er... this dude just taught us the basics! oh dear god no!

------------------
When argueing with someone stupid, make sure they are not doing the same.

Old 05-08-2002, 01:03 AM   #45
Siamese Dreamer

Geek Usa the fast part

hands down... and the feed back solo after that

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 05-09-2002, 12:52 AM   #46
QuizzyJones

are we forgetting soma I know alot of it is just bends held but the the trills towards the middle of the solo and the constant changing of strings.

Old 05-12-2002, 06:03 PM   #47
bonsor

Quote:
Originally posted by QuizzyJones:
are we forgetting soma I know alot of it is just bends held but the the trills towards the middle of the solo and the constant changing of strings.
Starla is not a difficult solo at all. All you need for that song is a chorus pedal, a wah pedal and your overdrive gain on 10. Once you have that, jacking off on your guitar would probably emulate the sound pretty well.

Old 05-12-2002, 08:11 PM   #48
NegaBenji

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by ******:
Starla is not a difficult solo at all. All you need for that song is a chorus pedal, a wah pedal and your overdrive gain on 10. Once you have that, jacking off on your guitar would probably emulate the sound pretty well.

psst soma

Old 05-13-2002, 02:58 AM   #49
RuseOfFools

none of the solo's are that hard to play if you learn them,it help's if your good at guitar and have a good ear and then you have to have the effect corgan uses like on the solo to cherubrock he uses a electro harmonix synth.

Old 05-13-2002, 03:30 PM   #50
NegaBenji

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by RuseOfFools:
none of the solo's are that hard to play if you learn them,it help's if your good at guitar and have a good ear and then you have to have the effect corgan uses like on the solo to cherubrock he uses a electro harmonix synth.
Man the revelations are coming thick and fast today.

Old 05-13-2002, 03:45 PM   #51
Rens

Quote:
wow, really? damn, that's why I couldn't nail those solos!

------------------
Rens Lohmann - Trading Page

Old 05-15-2002, 04:02 PM   #52
bonsor

Quote:
psst soma
stars with s. ends with a. same thing.

Old 05-16-2002, 06:37 AM   #53
RuseOfFools

Zach is correct here.Corgan dont even play the solo exactly the same as the record when in concert,close but not perfect and if you are cover the song it's your interpretation of the song not a fucking straight copy of it.I think only me and zach are worth a damn anymore on this board,every one else is dumb and cant play the geetar....

------------------
you cant play jesus, jesus plays you.-matt sweeney 12.13.01

Old 05-17-2002, 10:30 PM   #54
NegaBenji

Talking

Quote:
Zach is correct here.Corgan dont even play the solo exactly the same as the record when in concert,close but not perfect and if you are cover the song it's your interpretation of the song not a fucking straight copy of it.I think only me and zach are worth a damn anymore on this board,every one else is dumb and cant play the geetar....

You're an idiot

Old 05-18-2002, 12:18 AM   #55
darkagency

Alot of those solos are not so much technacly difficult as geating the right combo of effects that he uses