Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Default When people use their pets as an excuse to stay/go home

This really annoys me because the people that do it are always reclusive or socially awkward people. They'll hang out for a little while and then dip with the cant leave my pet at home too long excuse. I know about 10 people who do this and all of them, before they got pets, would use other excuses. And the people that like hanging out and having a good time never got pets!

I think these people also need to feel like someone or something needs them at home

Old 06-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #2
yeah whatever
Ownz

Unhappy

Maybe your friends just don't like you.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #3
ammy
yer mom

Quote:
Originally posted by yeah whatever
that and i have pets, three of them, can't leave them alone long because they'll destroy the fucking house

just this week molly's gotten into the trash, multiple times (she's young, she'll learn soon.. or I'll kill her...

she also tore a hole in the down blanket .. messsy.... uhg

Old 06-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #4
Buzz Burbank
Pledge

its a great excuse rather than saying "hey i really dont want to be around you people anymore" or "i need to go masturbate now" or "your house is filthy, peace out" or "im gonna go fuck your girlfriend now, peace out"

Old 06-06-2003, 01:00 PM   #5
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Arrow

A good way to get out of those situations is just to tell people you really, really have to take a massive shit.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:00 PM   #6
Human Replica Droid
Ownz

When I say I have to go home and feed my cat, it's because I have to go home and feed my cat. Usually, though, I remember to do it before I go out.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #7
Lie
Socialphobic

Yeah, cats are cool. You can leave them alone forever as long as they have food. I don't think I could handle a dog.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #8
ammy
yer mom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lie
Yeah, cats are cool. You can leave them alone forever as long as they have food. I don't think I could handle a dog.
it's true, cats are independant and generally good. dogs are three year olds FOREVER*.

*i still love you molly.. really...

Old 06-06-2003, 01:08 PM   #9
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by yeah whatever
Quote:
Originally posted by PhantomFM
This really annoys me because the people that do it are always reclusive or socially awkward people.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:09 PM   #10
Lie
Socialphobic

Talking

So why does it annoy you, then? What's it to you?

Old 06-06-2003, 01:10 PM   #11
ammy
yer mom

Quote:
This really annoys me because the people that do it are always reclusive or socially awkward people.
perhapse you make them uncomfortable and they get anxious and just need to leave.

be a fucking understanding person or something, dude.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:11 PM   #12
slugger
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
A good way to get out of those situations is just to tell people you really, really have to take a massive shit.
yup, that works wonders. Especially at their house, they will ask you to leave.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:11 PM   #13
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Lie
So why does it annoy you, then? What's it to you?
because they're decent people who keep themselves from other people and then talk about how they dont have any friends. they create the problem and then wallow in it

Old 06-06-2003, 01:12 PM   #14
yeah whatever
Ownz

Cool

why don't you start pooping on lawns and barking? Then they'll want to come over to feed you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #15
ammy
yer mom

Quote:

because they're decent people who keep themselves from other people and then talk about how they dont have any friends. they create the problem and then wallow in it
you're how old? it's called teen angst. it's normal. leave them alone.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #16
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ammy

perhapse you make them uncomfortable and they get anxious and just need to leave.

be a fucking understanding person or something, dude.
jesus christ this is not with me this is in social situations, which is what i said in the first place. they dont have any problem sitting and talking with me one on one. they usually use it as an excuse not to go out in the first place if its a larger group or its their "well i've been here for 30 minutes and said 2 things im gonna go feed my dog now because he needs me"

Old 06-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #17
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

you're how old? it's called teen angst. it's normal. leave them alone.
23 you moron

Old 06-06-2003, 01:17 PM   #18
ammy
yer mom

Quote:

23 you moron
holy shit, and you were dating jenny? i missed something. whatever.

social anxiety really isn't a fun thing to deal with, if you were there at one point, you'd understand.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:19 PM   #19
Lie
Socialphobic

You think they're creating the problem by having a pet? The problem already exists. It's not like if you shot their dog they'd suddenly turn into the most gregarious person you'd ever met.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:22 PM   #20
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

holy shit, and you were dating jenny? i missed something. whatever.

social anxiety really isn't a fun thing to deal with, if you were there at one point, you'd understand.
just stop, seriously. instead of trying to disagree with everything im saying try understanding it.

i studdered until i was 14. then when i was 15 i got sent to a preppy private school and i started stuttering again. i would just end sentences without completing them because i knew i was going to fuck it up, so i let people believe i was just a spacey pot head even though i only smoked about 6 times in the 2 years i was there.

but i kept trying. that's the point you have to keep trying or it will never get better. if these people are removing themselves from it at 23ish because its too hard, where will they be at 30? that is my concern.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:24 PM   #21
ammy
yer mom

Quote:

but i kept trying. that's the point you have to keep trying or it will never get better. if these people are removing themselves from it at 23ish because its too hard, where will they be at 30? that is my concern.
i'm not just trying ot disagree.

i had some issues of the same sort but they didn't start untill like 2 years ago, and i just got rid of them.. it can happen at any point in one's life due to many possible things. if you know what it's like, be understanding, it's one of the few things you can do to help them (along with trying to get them out more often desipte thier "pets")

Old 06-06-2003, 01:28 PM   #22
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

i'm not just trying ot disagree.

i had some issues of the same sort but they didn't start untill like 2 years ago, and i just got rid of them.. it can happen at any point in one's life due to many possible things. if you know what it's like, be understanding, it's one of the few things you can do to help them (along with trying to get them out more often desipte thier "pets")
that's what i've been doing. i listen and talk about how much they hate it, then they fight change every step of the way.

Old 06-06-2003, 07:39 PM   #23
Ghetto_Squirrel
Minion of Satan

Heh. This thread reminds me of that Onion article about the woman whose entire life revolves around her cats. It was one of my top three favourite Onion pieces of all time.

I tried searching Google and I didn't see it, though. If I find it, I'll post a link.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:19 PM   #24
Eve
Apocalyptic Poster

my parents are like this. we have a 3 year old german shepherd that they LOVE to death. we never leave her alone for more than three hours at a time. usually, we just take her with us to restaurants and stuff. we sit outside and order her roast beef and feed it to her there. when my mom makes steak for dinner (tonight, for example) she always makes one for the dog, too. they say "she's a person in a dog suit."
and it's not that they're unsociable or anything. they just REALLY love their dog. i can understand it. we're just animal people, i guess.