Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda
Default Malaysia strikes again. I got jumped.

Last edited by SuckSuckStyle : 03-21-2014 at 06:10 PM. Reason: bullshit

Old 03-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

goddamn.

my buddy and i were walking back from looking at a flat we're gonna rent, and we were walking down the sidewalk under an overhang, with a church wall on one side, and a busy street lined with cars on the other. the other side of the street was well-lit but we didn't think about it bc this is our neighbourhood, so we stayed on the dark side and were caught up in conversation. we walk here 24/7. we just weren't paying attention.

we see two guys crossing the street towards us, one stopped in front of us and shoves a U-lock into my buddy's chest. i turn around and see the other guy came up behind us. they both grabbed us and we yelled. then out of nowhere a third guy came up and we tried to get away but they grabbed us. the thing is, they didn't say anything. we had no idea what was going on, but it got real pretty fast. my buddy tried to shove one guy off of him, and shoved him into the wall. the other two got on me and i went down and started kicking up to get the guy in the balls and get him off my friend. i started screaming "i have nothing!" while one guy held me down and the other guy stood over me with a motorbike helmet threatening to hit me if i didn't shut up. my buddy took a U-lock to the forehead and i told him to run. i knew if i tried to get up, they'd hit me back down so i just kept yelling "i have nothing take it take it" they kept telling me to shut up and i knew they were nervous bc my friend got away and they were scared of cops. so i wrestled them around on the ground for bit while they reached into my pockets and realised i really didn't have anything. they got off with RM80 (like $25) and a half pack of smokes. (i had changed out of shorts into pants right before we left and left my wallet thinking i wouldn't need it) i saw my shoe on the ground, grabbed it and ran off to find my friend. he had a huge gash in his head, blood running down his face, both our shirts were ripped open and missing buttons. my back is scraped and bruised, my elbow is torn and swollen and my knee has a huge lump and is stiff but i'm okay. went to the hospital to get my friend stitched. the cut was at least 2 inches long. his head is wrapped up.

when i was running back, i passed the chapati house where i know all the guys and they saw me and asked what happened. when i told them, they asked if the guys were tamil (i live in little india) so they could hunt them down for me. but i said no, malay. and they were shocked. this is why i was complacent in this part of town....it's one of the rougher parts of town, but everyone knows us. we took a stroll the night before just for fun bc we love our hood so much. but tonight was wrong place at the wrong time and not paying attention. i think we were lucky, though. he could have been killed. they were high on something, you could tell by how little they cared about potentially killing someone. also, this is a big junky part of town.

my friend asked me if this kinda thing happens at home and i said yeah but they have guns there. he said it's poverty. we prayed for them.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
hnibos
Braindead

livin' the dream.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

shit happens.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

do they have the plane, too? maybe they jumped it.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #6
Shallowed
Braindead

There must be satellite images of the incident.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

well that sucks

glad you're alright

Old 03-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Glad you're ok

Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
D.
Consume my pants.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
Tuscaloosa
Demi-God

that's why they call it bad asia i guess

Old 03-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #11
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

nah we're still gonna rent it. it was a slap of reality that made us feel alive. we watched the sun come up this morning and made peace.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #12
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Shouldn't you carry a knife or taser or pepper spray or something?

Old 03-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #13
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

There's a law called Stand Your Ground. People should take advantage of it.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #14
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckSuckStyle View Post
it was a slap of reality that made us feel alive.
I'm surprised "u-bolt to the head and got stitches" friend feels this way.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:31 AM   #15
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I'm surprised "u-bolt to the head and got stitches" friend feels this way.
you don't know this guy. he is adamant about not being angry about all this. he keeps telling me, "zach, we cannot be angry. it will just bring more bad things to the world. those guys need help"

Old 03-22-2014, 12:32 AM   #16
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
There's a law called Stand Your Ground. People should take advantage of it.
what's wrong with you?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:33 AM   #17
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
you don't know this guy. he is adamant about not being angry about all this. he keeps telling me, "zach, we cannot be angry. it will just bring more bad things to the world. those guys need help"

you think he's embarassed?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #18
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

why should he be? it was a 3 on 2 surprise attack in the dark. they had weapons. neither he nor I are fighters. this guy is a painter who cries during the sunrise. this guy has no ego.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:39 AM   #19
slunken
Virgo

Just curious. I know for some people admitting you're a victim in things like that might bring them shame or it's not worth calling attention to because nothing can be done - lots of reasons.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:44 AM   #20
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

nah. that's not him. we didn't bring much attention to it only bc he and i have shady visa status' so we fudged stuff on the hospital paperwork, but had a great time telling the story to the doc and our friends. he's actually excited about the scar he's going to have.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #21
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
he's actually excited about the scar he's going to have.
nice. been there. I've had 7 on my face.

How many stitches did he end up getting?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:53 AM   #22
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

we couldn't afford them (they took all my cash and he only had $50 on him) so they used the superglue stuff. i'd say it would've been close to 10, though.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #23
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Shouldn't you carry a knife or taser or pepper spray or something?
I've never really considered it here. i know it sounds crazy, but this is our home. i've walked these alley's every hour of the day/night and never felt threatened. people know us. we can't walk down the street without shaking hands and greeting the shopkeepers or waving hello to the sex workers. even the pimps leave us alone. the glue huffers on the corner leave us be because we're friends with their supplier. it was just a wrong place at the wrong time kinda thing. i keep saying ''we should have been smarter, we let our guard down'' and all the local guys tell me ''no, man you did nothing wrong.'' although, because they were malay and not tamil, there's a chance they targeted us bc we're foreigners. (its' a tamil 'hood and malay gangsters don't come around here. the tamil guys know who we are and who we know and don't fuck with us). but who knows.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #24
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
so they used the superglue stuff.
better than cement i suppose

Old 03-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #25
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

it was actually really cool. its this purple liquid and it pulls the wound together magically and seals it and has medicine in it to help healing.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:15 AM   #26
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
although, because they were malay and not tamil, there's a chance they targeted us bc we're foreigners. (its' a tamil 'hood and malay gangsters don't come around here. the tamil guys know who we are and who we know and don't fuck with us). but who knows.
so it sounds like some bad malay hoods thought they were gonna do some real damage to a couple easy marks and wound up with nothing. fucking morons.

certainly not trying to make light of the situation - but i've had a gun put up into my ribcage before in "somebody's neighborhood" solely becase i probably looked like an easy target and i remember laughing because i literally had nothing on me, not a drop. I almost wanted to apologize to the thug. instead i got whipped in the shoulder blade. lol.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #27
slunken
Virgo

i'm not ok btw i died.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:52 AM   #28
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
so it sounds like some bad malay hoods thought they were gonna do some real damage to a couple easy marks and wound up with nothing. fucking morons.

certainly not trying to make light of the situation - but i've had a gun put up into my ribcage before in "somebody's neighborhood" solely becase i probably looked like an easy target and i remember laughing because i literally had nothing on me, not a drop. I almost wanted to apologize to the thug. instead i got whipped in the shoulder blade. lol.
holy shit dude that's cray. pretty much sums up what happened here. they were young kids and towards the end i could tell they realised they'd fucked up. i was afraid they'd hit me for not having anything as well but by that point it had gone on long enough and had been loud enough they just wanted to run.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #29
Starla

Holy shit, glad you're okay. You should get some bear spray. I carry it on me all the time if I go out late at night.