Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #301
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
No it's not. And before you jump to the conclusions mat again, I'm not saying western medicine doesn't have it's place or save lives.
homeopathy is WATER!

Imagine if you got cancer, went to a doctor and he said, "swallow this small glass of WATER, it'll cure your cancer!"

He'd get sued for malpractice. But somebody goes to a homeopath and gets absolutely NOTHING of medical value and they'll blather on and on about how wonderful it is.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #302
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Well, she did, and a lot of people do. I would not have believed it if she had not gone through it. There's only one other person I know of personally who took the natural route and didn't live.
I know several people who went through "unexplainable" remissions. two of them were "terminal" and ended up living years after they'd thought they would die.

i watched my own father given last rights twice! And he's still alive.

it had nothing to do with voodoo and new age nonsense.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:04 PM   #303
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I was gonna say that yesterday but figured I didn't need the aggravation it might bring. But yeah my guess is she would have went in remission either way.

Kinda unrelated but related, I read last year about a an interesting study that shown that no matter what is your attitude towards your cancer, it doesn't make a difference. I mean that, you know some people get really depressed (pretty normal I'd say) about it and others get this sort of positive fighting spirit attitude, well they conducted a study on either people and they died and survived in equal numbers. Of course, that is, if they both received treatment. If you're so pessimistic about your chances you don't bother with treatment, then yes, you will likely just die....

This was comforting to me because I know if I had cancer I'd just feel very doomed. Also, I hate the idea of magical thinking so this comforts me in my opinion that this is all bullshit. Biologically, your body don't give a fuck what you think.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:24 PM   #304
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it actually is. If your sister were the only data point we had, I'd agree her recovery could mean she was cured by alternative medicine - but she is not. We've had enough studies to show that these so-called treatments are no better than placebo. Your sister was just incredibly lucky to get better on her own.
She didn't get better on her own. And yes, this conservation is disrespectful. I really don't care what other people choose to believe. I realize that a lot of people don't believe in alternative medicine, and that's fine. I've seen it work, and I've seen it not work.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #305
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
homeopathy is WATER!

Imagine if you got cancer, went to a doctor and he said, "swallow this small glass of WATER, it'll cure your cancer!"

He'd get sued for malpractice. But somebody goes to a homeopath and gets absolutely NOTHING of medical value and they'll blather on and on about how wonderful it is.
I don't care what you want to believe Scotty. That's your opinion. I know that when my dad was alive, he had problems with high blood pressure. They tried him on three different medications and it wasn't responding, and the high blood pressure was starting to affect his kidneys. My aunt told him to start drinking beet root juice every day, then his blood pressure came down, and he got better. It wasn't voo doo or new agey stuff, just food that helped him. You should just stick what you are comfortable with, and that's fine, but it's disrespectful for you to just insinuate that what helped my sister isn't her truth.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:34 PM   #306
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
I know several people who went through "unexplainable" remissions. two of them were "terminal" and ended up living years after they'd thought they would die.

i watched my own father given last rights twice! And he's still alive.

it had nothing to do with voodoo and new age nonsense.
Hers was not unexplainable. She was still seeing her oncologist, and he was monitoring her progress as she continued with alt treatments.

I'm happy your father beat cancer. What if I told you that your story is bullshit? You really can be an asshole sometimes.

With that, I'm just ending this. There's no point in discussing it further. You guys can all have at it.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #307
Bread Regal
Banned

Last edited by Bread Regal : 06-01-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:45 PM   #308
Bread Regal
Banned

Last edited by Bread Regal : 06-01-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #309
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

well pretty much repeating the lie is condemning that guy i posted about to an agonizing death and there's really nothing i could do to dissuade him

Old 05-31-2014, 11:07 PM   #310
Starla

She didn't do homeopathy. She did essiac, laetrile, and a raw food diet. She also used cannabis oil and smoked it (came later in the game). There's other foods and supplements that she took as well. She continued to see the oncologist for blood work and scans. I moved up here to be with her, and get her through this... so I was there for her appts and everything else. I was pretty skeptical of the alternative route.. but it worked for her and that's all that matters to me. I'm not saying that her success trumps anything western medicine has to offer.

I only wanted to post again so that no one confuses homeopathy with what she did.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:09 PM   #311
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post

what concerns me about people sharing their personal homeopathic success stories is that other people will give credence to some charalatan like henry trudeau who appeals to people's skepticism and opt for homeopathic remedies instead of radiation/chemotherapy. this leads people down a very dangerous path by deceiving them into taking treatments that are just as effective as nothing.

i would urge anyone who has had a success story like this to actually read up on the mountains of research that all leads to the same conclusion.
Then I shouldn't have shared it. Mods, delete it so no one gets the wrong ideas.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:30 PM   #312
slunken
Virgo

In fact, Mods please delete everything that doesn't fall under popular opinion

Old 06-01-2014, 12:35 AM   #313
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

zig heil

Old 06-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #314
slunken
Virgo

http://www.side-line.com/images/uploads/may23032011.jpg

Old 06-01-2014, 01:05 AM   #315
D.
Consume my pants.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #316
D.
Consume my pants.

pelican pelican pelican pelican pelican pelican pelican