Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #31
Irrelevant

zwan > machina

i listen to the 8 shows quite a bit. true poets a bit more than djali, but the djali songs are quality too.

Old 02-28-2002, 07:25 PM   #32
THRILLHO

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years:
billy lost me when he started all this machina mystery, god, zwan bullshit.

billy and jimmy need to start doing drugs again. d'arcy needs to put on a see through shirt, and james uhh, just needs to james and they should start making good music again.

fuck the mystery. fuck god. fuck zwan. give me my rock n' roll.
whether or not you like to admit it, this is the truth. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

i got a few mp3s, wasn't impressed. i'll see them live and get the album. i'm just not frothing at the mouth or anything.

Old 02-28-2002, 07:36 PM   #33
Red Wine Cage

I'd be more excited if my burner was working so I could trade for the ZWAN shows that will be coming out but, as far as listening to them, I haven't listened to the rock ones because I can barely hear them over the crowd, but the acoustic ones own me soul.

------------------
i'll get myself into a coma...

FALL FROM GRACEAVID'S SMASHING PUMPKINS BOOTLIST

Old 02-28-2002, 08:14 PM   #34
Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years:
fuck the mystery. fuck god. fuck zwan. give me my rock n' roll.
zwan brings the rock.

*insert picture of rock_d00d*

Old 03-01-2002, 04:52 AM   #35
ledzep

I went to zwan show in cal.It was very good also have zwan cd and machina, which are very good.billy corgan is the greatest rock talent of all time,If there is something better please tell me.Since MTV music went downhill, it doesnt matter what you sound like as long as you have T+A or some other gimmick.Lastly you cant play same music forever billy needs to experiment as he feels, an artist must do what he feels not what fans want. listen to these cds many times before you decide. thanks

Old 03-01-2002, 10:17 AM   #36
Nate the Grate

I have like...maybe 4 songs downloaded. a couple are good, but some just aren't listenable. chrysanthemum hurts my ears.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

*grumble*

Old 03-01-2002, 10:48 AM   #37
smashingjj

Quote:
Originally posted by ledzep:
I went to zwan show in cal.It was very good also have zwan cd and machina, which are very good.billy corgan is the greatest rock talent of all time,If there is something better please tell me.Since MTV music went downhill, it doesnt matter what you sound like as long as you have T+A or some other gimmick.Lastly you cant play same music forever billy needs to experiment as he feels, an artist must do what he feels not what fans want. listen to these cds many times before you decide. thanks
O-board?

------------------
Mallow

http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/5226.jpg

Old 03-01-2002, 11:14 AM   #38
Mr Snatch-O-Rama

Quote:
Originally posted by ledzep:
billy corgan is the greatest rock talent of all time,If there is something better please tell me.
Well, i would make a list but i fear that i would probably crash the boards due to the massive length of the list.

Old 03-01-2002, 12:20 PM   #39
Eulogy

I've heard....4 songs, I think.

Good...not mind-blowing...but good.

I'm too lazy to get anything else.

Old 03-01-2002, 12:22 PM   #40
Eulogy

Thumbs up

np: Jesus I

Jimmy's drumming...wooo

Old 03-01-2002, 02:36 PM   #41
Marquis667

Quote:
Originally posted by Eulogy:

I'm too lazy to get anything else.
same here

------------------
http://caroll.c.free.fr/images/ophelia.jpg http://www.addict.com/images/Smashin...adore_back.gif http://caroll.c.free.fr/images/ophelia.jpg

[This message has been edited by Marquis667 (edited 03-01-2002).]

Old 03-01-2002, 03:30 PM   #42
Shandi

I have most of the stuff downloaded, but I don't listen to them every day or anything. I listen to and so I died of a broken heart the most often.

Old 03-01-2002, 05:29 PM   #43
Woody

Zwan are great! I really like em.

I am rather concerned that so many Billy followers aren't well...following him.

Zwan is more subtle than SP...it is a matured sound...now stop badmouthing it.

------------------
no bodies ever knew, no bodies felt like you.

Old 03-01-2002, 05:53 PM   #44
tootsie

i dont care for zwan....very much in the vein of untitled....which i didnt like.

------------------
http://www.pagesix.com/celebphotos/p...100celeb03.jpg
aim: nicepickle
journal (thanks kenzie!)

Old 03-01-2002, 10:06 PM   #45
bawbageo

Question

I don't know what medication u lot are on but it certainly ain't working.
All this ,"downloaded a couple of tracks / deleted t**** shite.
GET A FU*KING GRIP OF YOURSELVES

umkay , ASS MUNKIZ

Old 03-01-2002, 10:12 PM   #46
bawbageo

I seriously hope I been trolled but I fear by the amount of quite lame posts that u lot are 4real.

I hear Puddle of Piss are quite good

Old 03-02-2002, 04:56 PM   #47
starlasomasiva

that is exactly the way i am. im just too lazy to download songs these days. im going to some shows though...

Old 03-02-2002, 09:07 PM   #48
SP33

The video is like pro-shot.

------------------
"We have the answer to your question. The answer to your guess is that we never fucking left!" 12.02.00

I have more than the regular shoes...

Old 03-03-2002, 12:43 AM   #49
Stearnsie

I actually came into Zwan expecting something I wouldn't like, but after listening to all six shows, I have to say I'm impressed, especially with the acoustic songs. I'm never really a big fan of acoustic songs, but these are awesome.

Old 03-03-2002, 07:28 PM   #50
ZackZ

I think Zwan is a fucking terrible excuse for a band. It's like Billy has stepped back instead of progressing. The songs are just like early '90s artsy fuckup bands like that Pajo motherfucker's worthless band. Jimmy is being so fucking limited by this worthless shit and Billy must be under that Pajo fucks mind control.

Old 03-04-2002, 07:50 AM   #51
misho

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis Meeks:
I don't mean that you dislike them. I am very indifferent about them. I don't know why but I've only dled about 3 songs by zwan and been lazy about getting some more. I've been a huge sp fan since 95 too. Billy would slap box me i think. Don't tell him
same here. just lazy.

Old 03-04-2002, 10:09 AM   #52
Vassago Stolos

Well, when i was starting to get to know Zwan, i also came across a band called Muse (who i already owned CDs of, so when i say i 'came across' i mean that i actually began to become obsessed) and anyway, i was distracted.
Now i just discovered Sigur Rós...

The Djalizwan are great, much better than the True Poets. I think we really need some studio recordings though. I like to collect live shows, but the studio recordings are usually the ones made for repeated listening.
I know this because all my produced recordings are lacking this key feature :/

np: Sigur Rós - Njósnavélin

------------------
'If you are killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.' - Brooke Shields

Old 03-05-2002, 08:01 PM   #53
Pixey

All I've ever heard from them is some stuff they played on local 101. Nothing spectacular, really. I'm not all that excited.

Old 03-05-2002, 08:04 PM   #54
nevermind

Quote:
Originally posted by Shandi:
I have most of the stuff downloaded, but I don't listen to them every day or anything. I listen to and so I died of a broken heart the most often.
wow, we actually have something in common.

skary

------------------
fuck it.

aim - AnotherSpaceJam

Old 03-05-2002, 08:07 PM   #55
nevermind

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Vassago Stolos:

The Djalizwan are great, much better than the True Poets. I think we really need some studio recordings though. I like to collect live shows, but the studio recordings are usually the ones made for repeated listening.
I know this because all my produced recordings are lacking this key feature :/

eh, i think it's pretty damn kool that we havent heard any studio material by them yet. its like getting to see a band progress without all the media, hype..or whatever other bullshit comes with it. diff. setlists, diff. moods. etc etc. id say it's all good for the time being...this shit will sure keep me occupied until any studio release comes out.

------------------
fuck it.

aim - AnotherSpaceJam

Old 03-05-2002, 08:45 PM   #56
smiling politely

Everyone who has the mp3 of Chrysanthemum with the deafening screaming should really look into finding a better recording of it. Like this Schoeps MK4>blahblahblah thing, (I don't know whose it is).

It. Is. Such. A. Good. Song.

Old 03-05-2002, 08:49 PM   #57
nevermind

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by smiling politely:
Everyone who has the mp3 of Chrysanthemum with the deafening screaming should really look into finding a better recording of it. Like this Schoeps MK4>blahblahblah thing, (I don't know whose it is).

It. Is. Such. A. Good. Song.
in other words, EVERYBODY PICK UP ROTHS RECORDINGS!!!

------------------
fuck it.

aim - AnotherSpaceJam

Old 03-07-2002, 10:41 AM   #58
JoaoMiguel

Thumbs down

I only downloaded about 4 Zwan songs from the first show they did. Since I didn't like it that much, I didn't care to download anything else...

Maybe I will change my mind when they release an album with studio version of the songs though...

Old 03-07-2002, 12:54 PM   #59
Smiley33

I've been lazy. I'm not much for live tracks being the first I hear of a band. I'd rather wait.

------------------
there was a time when you let me know
what's really going on below but now you never show that to me do ya

Old 03-07-2002, 02:12 PM   #60
Liquid-J

Quote:
Originally posted by bawbageo:
I don't know what medication u lot are on but it certainly ain't working.
All this ,"downloaded a couple of tracks / deleted t**** shite.
GET A FU*KING GRIP OF YOURSELVES

umkay , ASS MUNKIZ
hey hey, don't get all worked up, you silly rabbit. we're just saying it was boring, or we're lazy and don't care. we gotz a grip, no need to get excited.