d'arcy has a nice voice
delusional.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:15 PM   #272
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
what is going on here?
can someone quickly explain to me what "the situation" is or was, and how belly handled it?
please keep it short, and leave out assumptions.
Billy said this on instagram:
Quote:
williampcorganWhat a weekend! Saturday, I was high in the hills of Topanga, overlooking the ocean on a beautiful sunny day, and according to some reports (based on photos taken or leaked) I am now a bassist. I mean, yes, I have played bass on many of your fave songs but I'm not sure I can play bass AND sing at the same time? But perhaps I can try *someday*. Other reports have @jjjschroeder (who just celebrated a birthday) as a budding bassist. Which is interesting, because though Jeff doesn't mind plucking at 4 strings if needed I know he would much prefer the dulcet tones of 6 (but I have heard him confess that 7 strings is just 'too much') @jamesihaofficial on the other hand, well, I haven't seen him pick up a bass since Machina (which he played a fair share on, despite reports claiming a certain 'flaxen Saxxon' did; and as you know with much that is written is patently f-a-l-s-e). Which brings me back to my time in the hills of Topanga, dressed in a long coat, staring out into the ocean dreaming of a future not yet realized. Wisdom here dictates that I share something I have said many times as of late, which is: be here now, live in the present. There truly is no past (but that which lives in your mind), and the future too is but a dream. So kindly, truly, embrace the life you are living TODAY Which reminds me of a song that I also played bass on... #WPC #becarefulwhatyouwishfor (tattoo courtesy of @sir.cophagus
so we're taking all the assumptions from that statement and the d'arcy freakout/retraction and the photoshoot excluding her.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #273
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

he's reading netphoria

Old 02-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #274
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Old 02-06-2018, 10:51 PM   #275
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

https://lisakadane.files.wordpress.c...e-pumpkins.jpg

Old 02-06-2018, 10:51 PM   #276
pinballzero
Pledge

LOL at all the pathetic nancies ITT

Old 02-06-2018, 11:02 PM   #277
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
he really is a bully. can't help himself from belittling someone so much weaker. very trump.

and like a true bully, he's shown he can't take a punch. look how long he's been mad at pavement for a little dig they made.
Pajo was right. Billy really is a lot like Trump... I like Trump, but Trumps one of those guys who just can't help himself but get in the mud... Billy Corgan is the exact same way.

All he had to say was something like "We all love D'arcy but for private reasons we didn't really think it would be a good artistic fit. We wish her the best. Stay tuned for more updates"

Fans would have been a little let down, but they'd move on... No good comes from bickering about how he played everything. You'd think he would've learned after that tactic fell flat in 2007.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:06 PM   #278
ButtHash
Demi-God

I just got on here to use the same phrase: the guy really just can't help himself. He's clearly been on the charm offensive since Ogilala, but the cracks are beginning to show now. Internet chatter must be a huge trigger for him. It's sad on one hand but funny on the other.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:10 PM   #279
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtHash View Post
I just got on here to use the same phrase: the guy really just can't help himself. He's clearly been on the charm offensive since Ogilala, but the cracks are beginning to show now. Internet chatter must be a huge trigger for him. It's sad on one hand but funny on the other.
When he first started his instagram page, it was chill and pleasant and he posted maybe once every few days. Now it's like multiple times a day and the content is getting snarkier and snarkier. He should prob just nuke it like he did with his twitter.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #280
T&T
Socialphobic

I love hating on billy, but I'm in the mood for some fanfic where D'arcy does join the band yet she ends up dead. who wants to start a thread. I'll contribute. (I'm also not allowed to start DEAD threads anymore, thanks MODS!!!)

Old 02-06-2018, 11:35 PM   #281
Ram27
dumb

Actually kind of frightening to think Corgan's read stuff we posted

Old 02-06-2018, 11:47 PM   #282
T&T
Socialphobic

att billy: your records would sell if you were dead.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:05 AM   #283
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Y r u so mean?

Old 02-07-2018, 12:14 AM   #284
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
delusional.
it's nice enough to be a backup singer. i thought i made it clear there's no way she could pull off being the lead singer. billy can't really either, anymore. how about linda strawburry?

Old 02-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #285
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Oh and HI BILLY!! I know you're there!!!

Old 02-07-2018, 12:33 AM   #286
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ntwvpl.jpg

The Smashing Pumpkins funeral in the Zeitgeist artwork has a bass guitar as the center of attention. 2007. Sine.

Last edited by bright_doom : 02-07-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:38 AM   #287
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

BILLY owns D'ARCY's "rat bass"?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/0cad384c...jq2no1_500.jpg

Old 02-07-2018, 03:41 AM   #288
Ram27
dumb

Corgan has a thing for putting stickers on guitars

Old 02-07-2018, 03:50 AM   #289
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Looks like DOUG GOODMAN is involved in tour plans with the SMASHING PUMPKINS again.

I guess the new PUMPKINS will be "celebrating" their 30th on a tour through the States first. Might be too late to get booked for festivals this summer now.
The pictures of the photoshooting last saturday may be promos for that tour.

��

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Linda Strawberry (@lindastrawberry) am

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 02-07-2018 at 04:11 AM.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:54 AM   #290
Ram27
dumb

Doug is the only good thing to happen to SP since 2000

Old 02-07-2018, 04:17 AM   #291
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Doug is the only good thing to happen to SP since 2000

http://i.imgur.com/xzCBKY3.png

http://i.imgur.com/rUFpEDB.png

Old 02-07-2018, 04:28 AM   #292
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

DOUG GOODMAN on "Surviving The Fair And Festival Season"
June 16, 2015

https://nekst.biz/surviving-the-fair...stival-season/

-Expert Tips from Professional Tour Managers On Surviving The Fair And Festival Season-
Many new and developing music artists are about to dive into their first summer touring season, so it seems the perfect good time to review some road survival tips to help prep them for this exciting career transition. Our “road pro” expert panel includes:

Doug Goodman spent the last 31 years working on the road as a tour manager and accountant. He started his career with the band Slayer in the ‘80s and has worked with a wide variety of superstar rock and pop acts since then. He is currently handling Smashing Pumpkins and George Lopez.

Philip Haney is the acting tour manager for the Eli Young Band. He began working with them over 9 years ago as the front of house engineer and after a few years took tour manager responsibilities.

Tristan Lora is an artist manager that has spent the last 14 years tour managing and assisting musical acts and celebrity actors. He considers himself fortunate to have had “long rides” with such talents as: Ryan Bingham, Gwyneth Paltrow, Stealing Angels, Jana Kramer, Jamie Lynn Spears and many more.

Jordan Powell spent 15 years traveling as a tour manager for several artists. Seven of those years were spent with superstar Miranda Lambert. He is now “retired” from the road and managing artists from a “comfortable chair” in Nashville.

****** (Larry) Spratlin has been working as a tour manager for 5 years with talents such as Patty Griffin and Jason Isbell. She is currently on the road with The Weepies.

Instruments aside, what are some of the most essential items a new artist should pack before leaving on an extended summertime tour run?

Doug Goodman: Patience.
Philip Haney: Extra phone chargers, underwear and socks. Towels (many venues won’t provide them) and wet wipes for the times you just don’t have a shower available. Also, bring a great attitude!
Tristan Lora: Headphones, flip flops, swimsuits and work out clothes are essential. Staying fit is the key to staying healthy.
Jordan Powell: Duplicate sets of toiletries/makeup, extra AC& DC phone chargers AND THEIR TOUR MANAGER’S ADVANCE SHEETS.
Larry Spratlin: Pack attire for any kind of weather, but don’t pack your whole closet. Immune defense packs and vitamins. If you’re a drinker, powdered Pedialyte can be a morning after miracle.

How can musical artists best prepare for performing in the outdoor heat? Note: Each of the experts highly pushed hydration as the #1 key suggestion, (even up to daily therapy a week in advance) and refraining from drinking alcohol the night before. The below reflects other preparation suggestions.

Doug Goodman: Rest. But, their best move is to write a hit so that they can play after the sun goes down.
Philip Haney: A close second to water (as heat will fatigue you) is food; always utilize catering even if you don’t feel hungry as you will need the energy for the long festival days.
Tristan Lora: If possible, have a great green room, hotel or bus for retreat. Don’t bring 1 case of water and 5 cases of beer- been there, done that- it was miserable. Drunk and miserable.
Jordan Powell: Buy and carry a blower fan (or two) for the stage. Don’t be scared to dress weather appropriate (hats/sunglasses/short sleeves) and lose the jackets.

What is the most important personality trait a touring artist can have when meeting/dealing with fans OFF stage?

Doug Goodman: Patience (again) and a smile.
Philip Haney: It can be overwhelming, but you need to remember the fans are the reason you are touring. They deserve a little bit of your time so they can tell you what your music does to them. Take deep breaths and keep a grateful attitude.
Tristan Lora: Never be the bad guy/girl. Let the tour manager do that. It’s important that the fans feel you are approachable and think highly of you. Don’t become out of control, keep your cool.
Jordan Powell: Kindness. If there’s a situation where someone has to be a bad guy, let it be the tour manager or someone else. Fans should always be left with a positive impression of you.
Larry Spratlin: Fan are oftentimes so excited that they either don’t know what to say or they simply can’t stop talking. It is an unusual and difficult task to have a brief and meaningful conversation over and over again. Being sincere and having the ability to guide the conversation is key.

Any tips for “first bus” bliss? (Bus mate harmony? Road weariness? How to make a bus feel like home?)

Doug Goodman: Ha! Dare I type “patience” a third time?
Philip Haney: Be clean! Some people are used to leaving their shoes or personal items lying around at home. A tour bus is home to many people, so respect for the limited space is necessary. Make sure your bunk is comfy. Consider bringing better pillows. No #2!!
Tristan Lora: A bus is your home (in tight quarters) along with a lot of others so keep it tidy. Bring movies and fun games. Cards Against Humanity is a solid start. Travel with people you like. Plan fun outings in the cities you visit when you have a few downtime hours.
Jordan Powell: Stock the bus with your favorite foods/drinks, baseball/football or things to play with in downtime. Bring your favorite pillow/sheets, pictures of friends and family to hang in your bunk. Make DAMN sure that you and your driver see eye to eye. They can make your life great or terrible.
Larry Spratlin: Prioritize your needs. Figure out what you need to be comfortable, keep it simple, and stick with it. And clean up after yourself! No one likes a dirty bus.

What should a new touring artist expect scheduling-wise during the Fair and Festival touring season?

Doug Goodman: Lots of down time. Most festival acts don’t get a sound check, and if they do it will be in the morning before the door time. Make sure
whoever is handling the scheduling allows plenty of time to get to and from
things, because huge crowds have a way of causing travel slowdowns, whether
you’re walking or riding.

Philip Haney: One thing is certain; you do whatever it takes to make sure the show goes on. Be available to your crew and the local sound crew as festivals are sometimes a sit-and-wait game. Prepare for last minute schedule changes due to weather and know that many festivals have press on site that may want to interview you- on camera- so don’t expect to roll out of bed close to show time.
Jordan Powell: Driving all over the map with no rhyme or reason to make your gigs. You may literally drive thru a town 3 times in a weekend but never play there, just zig zagging.
Larry Spratlin: Sleep probably won’t be a big part of it.

Philip Haney adds the following helpful suggestion; “Festivals are packed with talented bands and great crews, establishing camaraderie is a plus. Hang out, get to know each other, because the touring life can be so fun!” Now, get your hydrated and tidy self out there on stage and show the music fans why you are really there in the first place.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:34 AM   #293
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Philip Haney adds the following helpful suggestion; “Festivals are packed with talented bands and great crews, establishing camaraderie is a plus. Hang out, get to know each other, because the touring life can be so fun!” Now, get your hydrated and tidy self out there on stage and show the music fans why you are really there in the first place.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:34 AM   #294
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

DOUG GOODMAN on a podcast of DANKO JONES, DEC 2ND, 2013:

https://soundcloud.com/dankojones/ep...3-doug-goodman

Interview starts at 4:36.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:37 AM   #295
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
The rat bass makes an appearance in this as well so I guess so.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #296
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

it's billy's bass guitar.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:52 PM   #297
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_doom View Post
http://i64.tinypic.com/2ntwvpl.jpg

The Smashing Pumpkins funeral in the Zeitgeist artwork has a bass guitar as the center of attention. 2007. Sine.
jfc Belly's pettiness knows no bounds

Old 02-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #298
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Christ, I forgot about that. Wonder if he still has it.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #299
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

There it is (17:46):

Old 02-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #300
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/F6UcIqI.gif