Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #1
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria
Default #fml

For some stupid reason, there is a gutter directly outside the front door of our house. It is so poorly designed that in heavy rain it overflows and floods the downstairs. So today I'm in my swimsuit because every hour I have to go outside and bail water out of the gutter so our house doesn't flood.

We can't leave the house, in case the rain becomes heavy again while we're gone, and nobody is home to save the house from flooding. So I'm stuck at home with two sons who are bored out of their brains and starting fights.

The last downpour came when I was about to make an omelette for lunch. I turned the stove off, but not the grill. I was outside in torrential rain for half an hour when the smoke from the little bits of food and grease being incinerated by the grill reached the smoke alarm and set it off.

Remember #fml? Yeah. #fml.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #2
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Install more downspouts in the gutter so it doesn't overflow

Old 01-04-2016, 10:43 PM   #3
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I wish we could. The gutter on the roof overflows as well, but it's an in-ground gutter that runs along the front of the house and empties into a single drainage point that floods. The water keeps building up and then comes in under the door. We've been considering getting sandbags and blocking the front door in heavy rain and using the back door. The previous tenants said that's what they did. Even without the roof gutter overflowing and running off into the in-ground gutter, the driveway slopes towards the house and runs all the way along the front of it, so it's the run off from that + the run off from the roof gutters that cause it to overflow. I wondered why this house was insanely cheap to rent, when we signed up for it. This is one of the reasons. It only affects us on about 10 days a year, I would guess. But those days suuuuuuuucccccckkk oh man do they suck.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #4
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

#Middleearthproblems

Old 01-05-2016, 01:10 AM   #5
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

does #fml mean "fornicating mercilessly (and) lesbians"? cause if it doesn't i don't know what's going on itt

Old 01-05-2016, 02:33 AM   #6
Cool As Ice Cream

the poor children in africa would be glad it rained.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #7
FoolofaTook

I would be glad if lesbians fornicated mercilessly.

In Africa.

In the raid.

Nude.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #8
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

You rent? Make your landlord deal with that shit. If they won't then go to your state AG office or whatever body oversees renters rights*

*not valid in the southern us

Old 01-07-2016, 04:01 AM   #9
vixnix
Socialphobic

If our landlord did anything to this house, he'd up the rent. And we hate paying rent as it is, so we just keep quiet. We talked him down $40 per week, and he hasn't raised the rent in two and a half years. I've been looking around at other places, and there is nothing similar for this price. Either this price but much further from the station, and very small, or else this close to the station and this size but at least $200 more per week. It sucks.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:34 AM   #10
T&T
Socialphobic

you could cut down on bills by abandoning your children, or at least one of them. then they wouldn't have each other to fight with at least.
#childfree

paying the rent /week is weird, no?

Old 01-07-2016, 06:09 AM   #11
vixnix
Socialphobic

Not around here...they always give a per week price, but most people pay according to how they get paid. So some people pay weekly, but most pay fortnightly or monthly.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #12
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
If our landlord did anything to this house, he'd up the rent. And we hate paying rent as it is, so we just keep quiet. We talked him down $40 per week, and he hasn't raised the rent in two and a half years. I've been looking around at other places, and there is nothing similar for this price. Either this price but much further from the station, and very small, or else this close to the station and this size but at least $200 more per week. It sucks.
$40.00 a week for rent?

Old 01-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #13
Starla

I thought I was gonna open this thread and find a pregnancy announcement.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
vixnix
Socialphobic

Oh man, trust me, if that ever happens again, I'll be here weeping in this thread.

And $40 per week....I wish. The landlord wanted $790 per week, and we talked him down to $750. Rent here is insane.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #15
T&T
Socialphobic

You pay more per week then I pay per month. And I pay it with the crappy canadian dollar.... that's insane.

are pre 75trimester abortions legal where you live? Considering you're legally responsible for the brats till they're 18, you should be able to do what you want with them.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:18 PM   #16
vixnix
Socialphobic

Keep in mind we are a family of four with two very active boys and a breadwinner who hates driving, so we're looking for a 3+ bdrm house with a large yard within walking distance of a train station, that is zoned for a good public school. So it's going to be expensive. I think Toronto and Montreal are probably worse than Sydney!!

Places in this neighbourhood rent much higher than this house - most are $900 - $1100 per week. Per week!! This place is as cheap as it gets, around here.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #17
redbreegull

my friend who lived in montreal for a few years always talks about how cheap it is.

but he's a single dude so ionno

Old 01-08-2016, 09:33 AM   #18
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Oh man, trust me, if that ever happens again, I'll be here weeping in this thread.

And $40 per week....I wish. The landlord wanted $790 per week, and we talked him down to $750. Rent here is insane.
I'd say! I thought $1,500.00 a month was insane. My rent is $600.00 a month here.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #19
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Yinz gotta move to Pittsburgh where rent ain't a thing.