Old 07-15-2016, 12:12 AM   #511
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Just don't iv any percs ok

Old 07-15-2016, 12:34 AM   #512
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

of course not, do people ever even try? there seems there would be multiple points where it would be very obvious it wasn't injectable

Old 07-15-2016, 01:32 AM   #513
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Who else is a little underwhelmed by the new-look Pennywise?

http://i.imgur.com/5Cz9n3D.jpg?1

He looks like the box art for a GeForce graphics card, for fuck's sake.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:33 AM   #514
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Looking for a copy of the image sans watermark provided this unusual moment.

http://i.imgur.com/MVeUBBu.png?1

Old 07-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #515
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
of course not, do people ever even try? there seems there would be multiple points where it would be very obvious it wasn't injectable
Do they try? Oh yes they do, with stupid amounts of water and inevitable abscesses

Old 07-15-2016, 09:36 AM   #516
ilikeplanets
Braindead

And clowns never scared me so I was conceptually underwhelmed already

Old 07-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #517
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
There's a whole community of folks online who say cippro F'ed em up good n permanent
i didn't notice anything apart from neck tension during my 6 weeks of cipro, but i developed insomnia, eye problems and neuropathy-type problems in the weeks and months following treatment. 18 months later and i still have tingling in my hands, though it's not like that everyday. my feet seem to have recovered. last winter they would often feel like they are burning. sleep is better too, still a little dry mouth in the morning.

my symptoms and pathology eerily match what's described in the 200+ pages of the Flox Report.

anyway i'm not taking it again. many say that their disabled condition only occurred the 2nd or 3rd time they were prescribed fluoroquinolones.

it took me a year to make a connection, because i follow the old adage of "don't look it up on the internet". but lately it's been on the news somewhat, with the FDA hearings of last november and the new warning issued in May.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:45 PM   #518
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Bummer, wow yeah the only thing the dr who rx said to me was there's some studies that suggest tendon ruptures could happen, then she scoffed at a patient who told her he thought it'd caused his. Then I read the actual documentation that came with it and got pretty spooked. I def won't be taking it again, either

It's crazy, I never would have expected an antibio to have side effects like that. Sorry to hear about your ongoing hand symptoms

Old 07-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #519
myosis
Minion of Satan

i can live with the hand symptoms as long as it doesn't seem to get indefinitely worse. for a while i had trouble telling the temperature of things that i touched, and the lower part of my thumbs turned sore and blue after cleaning my bathroom.
but then on those support groups i hear from people who are just happy they were able to cook something today, and feel like i can't complain.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #520
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

that sucks myosis, i hope everything gets back to normal.

1. my dad is doing well (after surgery)
2. my mom is doing well (after sugfery)
3. my cat is doing well (after surgery)
4. my hearing seems to be slightly improved and i've had no side effects from the antibiotics so far. still have like 18 days on em
5. i got the 32gb motorola moto g 4th gen for $125 which i am stoked about. comes tomorrow.
6. while i was driving home from taking my sis to the airport, my check engine light came on and my car immediately began overheating. i stopped for a while and drove the rest of the way home and it got hot but not as hot. going to work tomorrow and then taking it to a shop.

i ended up spending $900 on my cat so i really fucking hope this car thing is nbd

my therapist is still on vacation
i have a test monday and a midterm tuesday.
the end.

Last edited by reprise85 : 07-17-2016 at 12:02 AM.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:05 AM   #521
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

good luck with ears, tests and car!

Old 07-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #522
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Might check the serpentine belt. If it falls loose or breaks it can cause that, happened to me once. Was like $75 to replace round here.

Glad to hear everyone's doing ok after surgery

Old 07-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #523
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Ugh who has nightmares anymore, wtf that was terrifying. No more things about death at night for a while, shit

Old 07-17-2016, 10:22 PM   #524
redbreegull

did you guys know Herbert Hoover's VP Charles Curtis was American Indian? Lived on a reservation when he was young too. I've literally never heard this somehow. kind of interesting.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:06 AM   #525
Elphenor
Braindead

Edit: can't formulate post

Old 07-18-2016, 10:08 AM   #526
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

so i spent $750 on my car (fucking ridiculous, I need to get a real mechanic not a chain store) and then 2 hours later get a flat tire running over a huge screw. I couldn't fucking believe it. so I need a new tire now. I think I have road hazard though.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:11 AM   #527
Cool As Ice Cream

fucking hell

Old 07-18-2016, 10:53 AM   #528
yo soy el mejor

my first annual physical in many years is today when i get off work. why am i freaking out?!

Old 07-18-2016, 11:20 AM   #529
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

god damn reprise that just fucking blows
:/

you got the cash for all that shit or are you in overdraft?

Old 07-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #530
redbreegull

Today I met a locally famous news anchor at the shop. She asked me to fudge her parking validation so she didn't have to pay to exit the lot.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #531
hnibos
Braindead

Did you?

Old 07-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #532
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Maybe Barium can explain what happened to all the chalky white dog turds of the nineties.
Yeah, why don't we ever see those anymore? Is it just cause it's more socially unacceptable to let your dog shit without picking it up?

Old 07-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #533
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Did you?
I said, "You should be ashamed of yourself. Think of all the young women out there looking up to you as an example, and here you are spending hundreds of dollars to get this photo of your vacation to Europe framed and you are asking me to cheat your parking? You make me sick."

j/k of course I did it

Old 07-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #534
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
god damn reprise that just fucking blows
:/

you got the cash for all that shit or are you in overdraft?
I put it on credit cards for now. I do technically have the cash from student loans but I have to decide if it's better to save that money or use it to pay the CCs and then put new stuff on CCs. I also got 6 months no interest to pay off the car stuff. So that will wait until I get my loans for fall semester.

I've never paid an interest payment on a credit card... I use them for rewards and pay them multiple times per month. I am probably going to continue that and just use my student loans for now to pay them off right away. The only downside is if I run out of money I can't pay a credit card with a credit card. But I have about $1100 worth of income every month (in addition to the student loan cash) so that shouldn't ever happen, even if I have to make partial or even minimum payments.

I am lucky that my mom would also help me if I needed it. However, she hasn't worked for more than a year and has less money than she's had in her adult life (I'd guess something like $20k but I don't know) and is super stressed about it and I'm pretty determined to not ask her for help. $20k would seem like a fortune to me but obviously to someone of retirement age it's not. I could be completely wrong and it's more than that. But she's not a money complainer usually and she's been talking about being scared a lot lately.

My mom got screwed over by my dad with money. She was supposed to have a bunch of investments (my dad was the investor of their money) and was always the primary breadwinner in the house but when they got divorced she found out they had much less money than she thought and that he had gambled a ton of it away. She totally should have been checking on the finances herself but that's not an excuse for what he did. She should have no real money troubles but instead just has a small nest egg.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:35 PM   #535
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

updates

my car made it thru the day
my ears are getting better. i can hear pretty well now, at least the best in a while. phew.
cat is basically back to normal
took a test i didnt study for today and i think i did reasonably well. prob a B, which is good enough for this class. i have a high grade.
taking a midterm tomorrow worth 50% of my grade and i'm finding it hard to make myself study. it's like i reached my stress point and now i don't give a shit about anything. i could fuck up my GPA with this one test if it precludes me from getting an A but yet... who cares
seeing my dad tomorrow after said test. he's out of ICU now.
therapist comes back thursday. i have so much to talk about and i havent done any therapy homework at all like i was supposed to.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #536
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I said, "You should be ashamed of yourself. Think of all the young women out there looking up to you as an example, and here you are spending hundreds of dollars to get this photo of your vacation to Europe framed and you are asking me to cheat your parking? You make me sick."

j/k of course I did it
Man I really wish you would have just to hear the answer when asked directly like that

Old 07-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #537
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Yeah, why don't we ever see those anymore? Is it just cause it's more socially unacceptable to let your dog shit without picking it up?
I used to think so, but then I moved to a large foreign city where pet dogs were seemingly permitted to defecate willy-nilly all up and down the sidewalks.

Even still, there wasn't a single pallid logan among them.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #538
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Maybe dogs are a false flag.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:17 AM   #539
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

your mom is a false flag

Old 07-19-2016, 12:37 AM   #540
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
updates

my car made it thru the day
my ears are getting better. i can hear pretty well now, at least the best in a while. phew.
cat is basically back to normal
took a test i didnt study for today and i think i did reasonably well. prob a B, which is good enough for this class. i have a high grade.
taking a midterm tomorrow worth 50% of my grade and i'm finding it hard to make myself study. it's like i reached my stress point and now i don't give a shit about anything. i could fuck up my GPA with this one test if it precludes me from getting an A but yet... who cares
seeing my dad tomorrow after said test. he's out of ICU now.
therapist comes back thursday. i have so much to talk about and i havent done any therapy homework at all like i was supposed to.
Glad things are stabilizing for you a bit, your last couple weeks were nuts!

Bite the bullet and study hard for the midterm, caffeine is your friend