Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #31
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla of the vast skies
Did you end up taping last night? That show sent chills down my spine. I was able to score a set list, and one of Pajo's guitar picks. Here's the set...[/IMG]
yes, i taped. i haven't listned as ididn't bring the cables to listen to it in the car, nor did i bring headphones. i'll transfer it tonight after work and continue to keep my SP tapes on the back burner.
i'm not sure how it turned out because some bitches in front of me wouldn't shut the fuck up for most of the show. i'm not sure if my mics where high enough as one of them had this ridiculously loud and annoying laugh. the kind that makes you want to stab someone in the throat.

did you hear someone yell out for breadcrumb trail like halfway through the show? ...

the show was pretty good but i don't think it was better than the show two years ago. it was also significantly shorter than i really exepcted. i think the 05 show was around 90 minutes and i think i was expecting something closer to 75 this time (i knew it was going to be shorter), but i think it clocked in at 65 minutes and that was with some LONG pauses between songs too.
that was the only disappointing part for me really.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #32
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

when i got there last night i was seriously thinking that i should have brought my video camera. the place where i set up my gear usually @ the cradle it makes a really good spot for filming as well. i didn't want to push it and try to do that as well. turns out i coudl have.... and fit it all on one videotape too. probably wouldn't have been noticed even if they didn't allow it.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #33
starla of the vast skies
Demi-God

Yeah.. it seems like they've been pretty lenient as to allowing cameras lately. I, too, was hoping for a longer set. It was definitely over by midnight.

I didn't hear that person yell out for Breadcrumb Trail, but I don't think half the people there really knew any of the songs, except maybe for Good Morning, Captain. Were you up near that girl who was trashed beyond reason? She was trying to dance/flail her arms during EVERY single song. She kept yelling out really stupid shit and jumping around.. I wanted to let my fist accidentally hit her face. God.

There were all of these pretty young kids (maybe in high school) who were standing right up front on the stage, and then one of their friends comes in trying to act macho b/c he had a PBR and pushed in front of me (I would have had the perfect spot). Luckily, there was this nice guy in his 30's on the other side of me who let me get up closer so that I could take that video. There was another older guy right up on the stage to the left of those kids, and fortunately, he left during Rhoda, so I yanked his spot up there. I'm kicking myself for not buying another set of batteries before last night. I had a prime spot for Kings Approach.

After the show, I bought a hoodie and was mildly disappointed that the dates for the reunion tour were on the back. I mean, that's cool and all, but I didn't go to any of those shows. Oh well..

Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #34
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

we had people screaming the song names as well, but it was more of a joke. After Breadcrumb someone was yelling Don, Aman (couldn't probably wait) and after Don, Aman people were screaming for Washer, heh

Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #35
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla of the vast skies
I didn't hear that person yell out for Breadcrumb Trail, but I don't think half the people there really knew any of the songs, except maybe for Good Morning, Captain. Were you up near that girl who was trashed beyond reason? She was trying to dance/flail her arms during EVERY single song. She kept yelling out really stupid shit and jumping around.. I wanted to let my fist accidentally hit her face. God.
no, i was on the wooden riser thing.. the section that is closest to the stage on the corner closest to the center. it keeps my mic stand out of the way of people's feet, gives me a place to sit down if i want and a place off the floor to put my gear to help me keep it from getting beer spilled on it. i didn't think that i was going to have too much of a problem at this show, considering school isn't in. shows at the cat's cradle i've found are either really good audience-wise or it's full of college kids who are just there for something to do (but that hasn't been as bad as my experiences at shows at some other college towns (charlottesville va and lexington ky for example). that spot also gives me a decent place to shoot video from as it's elevated over the floor crowd, gives me a railing to lean on and is far enough out where i can pick and choose who i want to shoot video of on stage.

Quote:
There were all of these pretty young kids (maybe in high school) who were standing right up front on the stage, and then one of their friends comes in trying to act macho b/c he had a PBR and pushed in front of me (I would have had the perfect spot). Luckily, there was this nice guy in his 30's on the other side of me who let me get up closer so that I could take that video. There was another older guy right up on the stage to the left of those kids, and fortunately, he left during Rhoda, so I yanked his spot up there. I'm kicking myself for not buying another set of batteries before last night. I had a prime spot for Kings Approach.

After the show, I bought a hoodie and was mildly disappointed that the dates for the reunion tour were on the back. I mean, that's cool and all, but I didn't go to any of those shows. Oh well..
i didn't have any money to buy merchandise but i'm assuming the shirts and stuff were overpriced like they were for the 05 tour. i did notice how many young people were there.
how early did you get there? i got there 30 minutes after doors and i was amazed that there seemed to be less than 100 people there. it really filled out mor ethan i thought it would. still not a sell-out.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #36
starla of the vast skies
Demi-God

The shirts were actually not too bad. I already had the red ringer one.. I love that shirt. The hoodie I bought was $30.. $5 cheaper than what's listed on their website, so that was pretty cool.

I got there around 9:30 and was surprised at how empty it was. There were a lot of people sitting on the bench to the left of the stage, and people up where you were and on the other wooden riser portion, and then those young boys up on the stage, and this one girl who was barely wearing a shirt, but that was pretty much it. At one point during the first band, I went to get another beer, and I was pretty surprised at how much the crowd had fleshed out from earlier.

I'd love to hear your boot sometime!

Old 09-16-2007, 11:43 PM   #37
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Slint - King's Approach mp3 from Amsterdam

http://spoiledmetropolis.blogspot.co...1_archive.html
scroll down that page

Old 09-17-2007, 12:04 AM   #38
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

oh shoot i still need to scan and post the guitar tech's set list from the show i saw.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #39
stripes
Apocalyptic Poster

I forgot about Slint, ya know with all of the Zeitgeist excitement. But, I forgot about what an underrated player I've always thought of him as. Sounds really cool, by the way