Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-03-2002, 07:36 AM   #1
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs up Stone Sour

I was expecting a light, cheesy approach as the "side project" from them couple of slipknot members, but i was wrong. I like slipknot as well, but I am really liking this album. Get inside and blotter own me..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-03-2002, 07:44 AM   #2
Irrelevant
Minion of Satan

oh come on.

i've only heard that song on the radio but it's so goddamn awful. the worst song i've heard all year i think. even "sk8r boi" owns "bother."

Old 11-03-2002, 01:49 PM   #3
Fattening Ass

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Irrelevant
oh come on.

i've only heard that song on the radio but it's so goddamn awful. the worst song i've heard all year i think. even "sk8r boi" owns "bother."
I wasn't even talking about "bother" fucktard. BLOTTER.

B-L-O-T-T-E-R.

Get it right, Jerk.

Fuck. If you don't have anything good to say, stay the fuck outta my thread. I don't go talkin shit in your "too indie or ghetto fabulous hip-hop for suburban white boys" threads, Mr. Patrick.

Last edited by Fattening Ass : 11-03-2002 at 01:52 PM.

Old 11-03-2002, 02:09 PM   #4
Irrelevant
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattening Ass
I wasn't even talking about "bother" fucktard. BLOTTER.

B-L-O-T-T-E-R.
yes, i can read, believe it or not. i realized you were talking about a different song. notice how i was talking about the song they were playing on the radio?

i was just pretty disappointed to see you praising them, i mean i haven't heard the album, but i doubt i could sit through it, based on that single. i was hoping you'd tell me that the single is indeed shit and the rest of the album is a lot better.

Old 11-03-2002, 08:00 PM   #5
Red Wine Cage

Quote:
oh come on.

truer words have never been spoken.

Old 11-04-2002, 03:48 AM   #6
Fattening Ass

Arrow

Quote:

yes, i can read, believe it or not. i realized you were talking about a different song. notice how i was talking about the song they were playing on the radio?

i was just pretty disappointed to see you praising them, i mean i haven't heard the album, but i doubt i could sit through it, based on that single. i was hoping you'd tell me that the single is indeed shit and the rest of the album is a lot better.
I find it hard to believe that you would even consider coming in this thread with a positive, open mind. I've already got an idea of what your musical tastes are, so don't play me a fool. You should be well aware by now that i like Hard rock/Metal (as well as various other forms of rock), so i don't understand why me liking this would be "disappointing" in any aspect. Looks to me, like you were ignorantly talking shit.

Oh and "Bother" is definately not shit. Its got good lush orchestrations/strings, nice bluesy guitar and it shows what good vocal range Corey Taylor has beyond screaming his lungs out. I was surprised when i heard it, as its from total left field. The album is a bit lighter i guess you can say, than slipknot, but there are many tracks that can easily stand next to anyone of their albums'.

Nevertheless, I think you're cool overall Ryan, even if we have different views musically. I would just wish you'd have a little respect. /font

Last edited by Fattening Ass : 11-04-2002 at 03:59 AM.

Old 11-04-2002, 04:24 AM   #7
Irrelevant
Minion of Satan

Quote:

I find it hard to believe that you would even consider coming in this thread with a positive, open mind. I've already got an idea of what your musical tastes are, so don't play me a fool.
oh yeah? what're my musical tastes?

of course i didn't come in the thread with a positive, open mind, seeing as i've heard their single constantly on the radio so i have an opinion formed, but i did read your post before saying STONE SOUR SUCKS. i didn't mean to continue ragging you for your musical taste, just seeing a positive thread for a band i hate as much as stone sour over here was a shock.

Old 11-04-2002, 04:43 AM   #8
Fattening Ass

Thumbs down

Quote:

oh yeah? what're my musical tastes?

of course i didn't come in the thread with a positive, open mind, seeing as i've heard their single constantly on the radio so i have an opinion formed, but i did read your post before saying STONE SOUR SUCKS.
So then why come in here and post then ? This isn't a "Stone Sour Sucks" thread.
Quote:
of course i didn't mean to continue ragging you for your musical taste, just seeing a positive thread for a band i hate as much as stone sour over here was a shock.
Of course radio singles determine an album and whether a band "sucks" . I feel like im repeating myself here...BTW Hate is a strong word, especially for, as im assuming, your lack of knowledge on this band.

Im dropping this.

Just do me a favor, and if i post about something for which you "hate", don't bother entering my thread & replying.

Last edited by Fattening Ass : 11-04-2002 at 04:47 AM.

Old 11-04-2002, 04:51 AM   #9
FearFactory
Socialphobic

Talking

Quote:

You should be well aware by now that i like Hard rock/Metal
No you don't!

Old 11-04-2002, 04:59 AM   #10
Fattening Ass

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by FearFactory

No you don't!
You'd be the authority here on the genre, but i do like a bit.