Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #511
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I don't think it's inappropriate to point out that gay guys prefer blowing a load as opposed to receiving a load. Hell man, I'm buddies with about 7 different gay guys and for them there's no political correctness qualms in admitting this.

It may surprise you guys, but when I'm talking about something, it's not always just based off my own biased opinions. I do discuss a wide variety of topics with whom I'm friends with.
http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index...&size=400x1000

Old 03-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #512
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i'm friends with about ~7 different gay guys

Old 03-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #513
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Professionals?

Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #514
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Skiers, bikers or drift racers?

Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #515
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

http://i.imgur.com/7jCD5gJ.gif

Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #516
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Many people who do really well in life suffer from depression.
lmao whats with this ??? what does it matter if they have success or not ???

Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #517
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
fuzzy why do your opinions suddenly change based on who you're interacting with on any given night?
fake poster

Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #518
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
lmao whats with this ??? what does it matter if they have success or not ???
I think it was in response to fuzzy telling everyone they would be happier if they made more money

Old 03-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #519
Trotskilicious
Banned

i feel like most people think if you're mentally ill you go to the doctor & take pills and are fixed

Old 03-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #520
redbreegull

Quote:
i feel like most people think if you're mentally ill you go to the doctor & take pills and are fixed
baaaahahahahahahahaha

Old 03-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #521
redbreegull

honestly at this point I might be willing to try medication again though I feel fucking out of my god damn skull batshit crazy today

Old 03-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #522
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think you should at least see a doctor

Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #523
redbreegull

I've been seeing a therapist for a year now who has really helped in some ways but like today I am just losing my mind can't calm down or stop feeling like I'm the verge of a fucking heart attack because I just can't reign in my insane thought patterns

Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #524
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I think it was in response to fuzzy telling everyone they would be happier if they made more money
I hate those people who love to tell you money is the root of all that kills, they have never been poor, they have never had the joy of a welfare Christmas.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #525
Trotskilicious
Banned

i've never met a therapist i've actually liked, it just seems like you go and pay a guy to listen to your problems and then he goes ok that's good for today and most people don't complain to everyone & everything like i do so it helps them feel better i guess but i'm kvetching over here all day long baby

Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #526
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I've been seeing a therapist for a year now who has really helped in some ways but like today I am just losing my mind can't calm down or stop feeling like I'm the verge of a fucking heart attack because I just can't reign in my insane thought patterns
I think you gotta eat healthier. Do you have any kind of eating disorder?

Cause if you don't fulfill your nutrient obligations it's a surefire way to lead to mental disruption.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:38 PM   #527
Trotskilicious
Banned

like why does this happen, how come we can't just ban this

Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 PM   #528
redbreegull

again it's not that literally making money makes people happy, it's the comfort and security that comes with not being poor that makes people happier. the evil part is that we live in a world where everyone could be relatively comfortable and secure but instead because of money and our failure to see beyond the foibles of capitalism, we have a a tiny uppercrust living off the poverty and misery of the lower class.

but that is beside the point, because you were suggesting money would help solve people's depression. No one with real chronic depression is going to be happier because of money. The thing with having depression vs. feeling depressed is that it's not necessarily temporary or based on environmental or life factors. I was depressed when I was a kid, I was depressed at college, I was depressed when I was making good money, I was depressed when I was traveling, and now I'm depressed and poor.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #529
fuzzyroes
Banned

fuck off Trots, it was a sincere inquiry.

I didn't wanna be insulting, but he did look a little underweight in his last photos he posted.

And if you don't eat healthy, your mind won't be healthy. This is common knowledge you jackass.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #530
redbreegull

I have a pretty healthy diet. I don't eat enough because I feel down a lot but it's not like a lack of dark leafy greens that is making me want to drive my car into a ditch

I'm definitely underweight by 15 or 20 lbs, but I started losing weight when my life started going haywire and haven't been able to put it back on. It didn't cause my depression

Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #531
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
That's a really nice analogy, and I've never really thought about it that way, but you're actually spot on.
that's a description, not an analogy. not to be a dick but

Old 03-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #532
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
again it's not that literally making money makes people happy, it's the comfort and security that comes with not being poor that makes people happier. the evil part is that we live in a world where everyone could be relatively comfortable and secure but instead because of money and our failure to see beyond the foibles of capitalism, we have a a tiny uppercrust living off the poverty and misery of the lower class.

but that is beside the point, because you were suggesting money would help solve people's depression. No one with real chronic depression is going to be happier because of money. The thing with having depression vs. feeling depressed is that it's not necessarily temporary or based on environmental or life factors. I was depressed when I was a kid, I was depressed at college, I was depressed when I was making good money, I was depressed when I was traveling, and now I'm depressed and poor.
Yeah man, I'm not saying it's cut or dry by any means. I'm just saying it's worse for the illness when you're depressed and don't have any resources to help bounce of it. If you're depressed and you arrange exciting plans, it'll help some people get out of it... Again, it's all in the state of mind. And if you're not trying to snap out of it or overcome it then it won't work. But if you're on a quest to overcome your fucked up thought patterns, money can definitely help

Old 03-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #533
redbreegull

Quote:
i've never met a therapist i've actually liked, it just seems like you go and pay a guy to listen to your problems and then he goes ok that's good for today and most people don't complain to everyone & everything like i do so it helps them feel better i guess but i'm kvetching over here all day long baby
I was really lucky because when I finally decided to try and see a therapist, the guy turned out to be a really kind intelligent younger dude who I felt a pretty quick connection with. My past experiences were awful and I felt like the therapists were always condescending me and treating me like their job, but I honestly believe my guy now is doing his job because he wants to help people feel better. He's helped me understand and change my own thought patterns a lot, and he's helped me come to a lot of realizations about certain ways I act or think that I was not even aware of.

But yeah sometimes I just want to fucking shoot my face off anyway

Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #534
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
but that is beside the point, because you were suggesting money would help solve people's depression.

he had tons of money & about as much goodwill as a person could possibly get & a loving family & a brilliant entertainment legacy

Old 03-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #535
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I have a pretty healthy diet. I don't eat enough because I feel down
Dude I was legit depressed when I was 20. I'd sleep all day, not wanna do anything, was just miserable, underweight. I think it was because I got into ecstasy and it was literally draining all of my serotonin. But it was a bitch to snap out of... I had to seek help and advice and what one advisor told me was that I had to cut out juice/soda's- drink nothing but water and eat 3 nutritious meals a day and work on correcting my brain patterns.

I did this and the turn around was pretty extreme.

I'm not saying it will work for you, or anyone else. But you gotta fucking try, and if you're trying you gotta do what's healthy.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #536
redbreegull

sometimes I think people who have never experienced real chronic depression will never be able to understand that it is a sickness and not the same thing as being sad about the state of your life or whatever. Everyone is depressed sometimes, it's a normal response to life situations which cause us pain and sorrow. It's not the same as having an illness where you feel awful like all the time and it's just for no reason except you can't control your brain, and even if you don't feel it all the time it can literally jump out and grab you out of nowhere in any scenario

Old 03-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #537
redbreegull

I mean fuzzy I understand that you are honestly trying to act in goodwill here, but being depressed at age 20 because you are drinking a shit ton of soda and doing too many hard drugs is not quite the same.

I've had this my entire life, it just waxes and wanes in severity based on how much crazy shit I have to freak out about at any given moment in life. I remember being like 3 or 4 and being kept awake many nights by anxiety.

I happen to eat pretty well. No soda or candy, very little sugar in general. Fresh fruits and veggies, meat only a few meals a week. Healthy eating is a great way to make oneself feel physically better, which can be linked to mental well-being. But it still isn't a cure for chronic depression

Old 03-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #538
fuzzyroes
Banned

I dunno I disagree. I think the medical industry is to quick to paint mental illness as some incurable curse.

If you eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise, read a lot and exercise your brain then the results most people experience are almost spirtitual

The number 1 thing about being depressed is that people just literally give up. You give up and the fights over... You're gonna be a mess.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 PM   #539
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
It's not the same as having an illness where you feel awful like all the time and it's just for no reason except you can't control your brain, and even if you don't feel it all the time it can literally jump out and grab you out of nowhere in any scenario
yep

(nobody is really controlling their brains but some of us have ones that are counterproductive and self sabotaging)

Old 03-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #540
redbreegull

Quote:
I dunno I disagree. I think the medical industry is to quick to paint mental illness as some incurable curse.

If you eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise, read a lot and exercise your brain then the results most people experience are almost spirtitual

The number 1 thing about being depressed is that people just literally give up. You give up and the fights over... You're gonna be a mess.
dude you're too stupid I can't even

you have no idea what you are talking about, just intuitively believe your own feelings must be more correct than every expert and every person with actual depression in the world. you are the worst.