Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-24-2007, 03:44 AM   #871
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't think this has been posted yet.. better/complete version of 33 from the dude that brought us the great God and Country clip

Old 05-24-2007, 03:46 AM   #872
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

"The animal comes separately, already wants still but early new composition only difficultly deviates from the plate versions."

what the fuck? sounds like something you would hear on a discover channel safari special.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 AM   #873
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro
"The animal comes separately, already wants still but early new composition only difficultly deviates from the plate versions."

what the fuck? sounds like something you would hear on a discover channel safari special.
haha, yeah.. I know there are Dutch people on here so I'm sure someone will fix the mistakes in there.. but that's the best we can do with online translation

Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 AM   #874
Shapan
Socialphobic

that song is so amazing, great performance.

thank you so much.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:51 AM   #875
smashapumpkin
Apocalyptic Poster

great video, souded incredibly good!

Old 05-24-2007, 03:52 AM   #876
MistaMista1
Ownz

Has an mp3 rip of the United States clip been made?

Old 05-24-2007, 03:53 AM   #877
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

seriously, that performance of that song may be my favorite yet... what an awesome song.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:04 AM   #878
jennifer.ever
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashapumpkin
does anybody know why folks in the frech boards refer to jeff schroeder as Colerette?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpregen
colere = anger in French.. maybe they think she looks angry.. or maybe they want to get angry with her, if you know what I mean
heh, i don't think that is why. i think it's because of the outfit he had on - with the huge dracula collar.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:32 AM   #879
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Rocket
Uploaded by mattjack

Old 05-24-2007, 04:41 AM   #880
smashapumpkin
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer.ever
heh, i don't think that is why. i think it's because of the outfit he had on - with the huge dracula collar.
how does dracula relate to collerette?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:48 AM   #881
Lyric
To Be Continued...

so where is the recording?

i am sooo sooo excited. you guys said someone you know from the forum was recording it?

Old 05-24-2007, 05:12 AM   #882
Lyric
To Be Continued...

Whoa there is another concert tonight?

Old 05-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #883
<sp3

this thread has been viewed almost fifty thousand times

Old 05-24-2007, 05:26 AM   #884
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyric
Whoa there is another concert tonight?
Yes Luxembourg.. 8pm local time.. 11am pacific time.. 3pm eastern time

Old 05-24-2007, 05:55 AM   #885
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

To Sheila

Old 05-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #886
Lyric
To Be Continued...

It makes sence now why Billy hasn't been online.

I knew there were alot of concerts, but untill i just looked at myspace i didnt realize they were so close together.

Is this forum going to go crazy again tonight? I dont have to work again untill 10am tomorrow. I will be able to hang a bit.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:39 AM   #887
toolhead
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Whining
first Dutch review of Le Grand Rex - http://www.oor.nl/deruit_concertvers...ils.asp?id=516 [for all of you able to read Dutch...]
actually mine was published a few hours earlier. It's in Dutch, click here.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #888
Pantomime
Ownz

Just upped this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5HQ6-CDvHo

Shame about the sound, my friends cam. But it's still worth a watch I guess... especially for the end.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #889
Endless Whining
Pledge

and another one in Dutch: http://www.revu.nl/5188

Old 05-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #890
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolhead
Cool, that was nice to read. Thanks.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #891
harvey
Oblivious Virgin

i thought the show was good! you cant moan at 3 hours worth of music! the only things that dissapointed me was the fact they didnt look like a band. Ginger was alone - never even got glanced at by billy. jeff looked nervoius as fuck untill he played a big part in starz then grew with confidence!
by the way jeff mimics james stlye pretty well - it looked like an iha clone but without a toy gun! and the whole costume thing looks so forced on to others by billy. they looked uncomfortable wearing it - billy clearly enjoys wearing studpid bed sheets - he looks a tit in them.
my biggest dissapoint tho was that the set didnt flow! they should have jammed from one heay song in to another (thats what the pumpkins use to do). instead it was lumpy and too bity - the rock songs were awesome but were divided up in the set too much!

plus "for god and country" was awful, shit lyrics shit song! wouldnt have made a side b on zwan let alone a new pumpkins record.

Disarm, cherub rock, hummer, untitled were awesome, they didnt fuck with them, they were the best id seen them play for yonks.

glass & ghost children = shit, i didnt think this song could sound much worse but billy managed it.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:17 AM   #892
valvolux
Pledge

Heres my take on the gig - highlights were definately Hummer, the acoustic Rocket and Untitled. The sound at the venue was OK, certainly heard better. I think they had some mixing issues early on but got it right 3 or 4 songs in. Most of the new stuff sounded fantastic, except I didn´t like the first song at all, or the one where he´s going two zero zero seven....ya da ya da ya da..I hate Billy singing political stuff, for some reason he sounds so insincere...and Forgotten COuntry, or whatever its called, is also a garbage track. Billy´s voice sounded great and his screaming was awesome....but i´m thinking his vocals are too refined and may be what spoils the new album...I prefer the old raw Corgan who sounded different on each track...not the guy who does 100 takes on each word. Jeff is a pretty mean guitarist and there was some good unison guitar being played between he and Billy that sounded sweet. Ginger is freaking tiny....she has a sexy little dance going on though and looks pretty hot...but I swear from some angles shes got a head like a horse. Annie dog was a bit random I thought, should´ve snuck at least one Gish track in instead of that....but it sounded good and Billy didn´t look that akward cause he had a tamborine in his hand. I didn´t care much for the shame arrangement, I prefer how it use to build up in the chorus live...but it was ok. There was no bang bang your dead in silverfuck which was a shame but it was still a good version. The keyboards in 1979 ruined the chorus I thought....and whilst im on keyboards that bird looked so much like Strawberry it was scary....Billy stuffed up the words as well in 1979, and there was a tune where Jimmy stuffed up also but if Billy hadnt of made fun of him you wouldnt of noticed. I do not agree with earlier reports that Cherub Rock was played at SD pace....it was still a little too fast for my liking. Their uniforms were stupid, particularly Jeffs when he first came out...but he ditched the funny thing he had behind his head a few songs in. Thats got to be the worst thing about joining the pumpkins...that you have to follow Billy´s silly dress code....Ginger´s CFM boots were nice though. Billy didn´t sign anything or talk to the fans after the show, he just stormed out with his hoodie up and jumped into the bus....with a bevy of ladies inside it seemed. One stupid Japanese girl was scaring the band and everyone around her with her "Beelee´Beelee, sign ticket Beelee"...although uncomfirmed reports suggest they ended up taking her onboard the bus. OK thats it...it was a great show thats for sure..will be interesting to see how Jimmy´s arms hold out if they plan on doing 30 song shows all tour.

Last edited by valvolux : 05-24-2007 at 09:29 AM.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #893
greenkittie
Amish Rake Fighter

Hello, read this board on and off over the years but only joined today.

First thing i have to say is the concert was excellent.

They banged out all the hits and i think to want anything else is very silly, i mean we havent heard them play in 7 years, now is not the time for the rare songs, thats a few months down the line at the residency gigs.

I also liked the new band members, it seemed a little strange at first but they played well and sure its still a blonde girl and an asiany looking guy! Also ginger is the cutest little thing ive ever seen, her dress looked so lovely and rocky with the massive boots and her dancing with the bass worked well. Not so sure on the keyboard woman, she annoyed me a bit.

The highlights for me were Cherub Rock, i thought it was really excellently done. Winterlong, was lovely to hear that. and of course Hummer and Untitled. Annie dog was the only song that i wasnt happy with, altogether a bad choice and a bad time to play it in the set.

The setting was perfect, i loved the venue with the ceiling lights arranged in constellations and the cute french houses where the cameras were at the side of the stage and the big arc framing the band. The sound was also excellent i thought, really clear. Also liked the fact the security didnt mind that we never actually got to our seats instead standing in the aisles down the front!

I disliked the crowd, i don't think we can call them a french crowd cause as far i could see it was a total mix of people from all over the place, that was cool. What i didnt like was the fact that people just didn't seem that into it. They didnt know the intros and some looked bored and well they just made me look like a maniac jumping about in amongst them! Also some big fat smelly American, decided to storm over to where i was standing half way through the gig and push me over to the side and stand in my place with her big fat boyfriend. How rude!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #894
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

People don't know the new songs, I am sure once the album hits, people will get more excited.

Thanks for the review.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 AM   #895
greenkittie
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey
i thought the show was good! you cant moan at 3 hours worth of music! the only things that dissapointed me was the fact they didnt look like a band. Ginger was alone - never even got glanced at by billy.
I notice that most of the people complaining wern't even there, saying "omg billys singing sucks!" when all they saw was some shitty phone recording of the concert.

Ginger wasnt alone the whole time, i remember once billy went over to her and they had a cute little rock out together, cant rememeber what part of the show it was but i rememeber thinking "aww".

Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #896
greenkittie
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSquishyHalo
People don't know the new songs, I am sure once the album hits, people will get more excited.

Very true, I know I personaly won't be 100% excited about the new stuff untill i can sit at home alone with the album on repeat. Its so difficult to gauge if you like something in a concert situtation when all you really want to hear is all the old favourites.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #897
pete
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by valvolux
Billy didn´t sign anything or talk to the fans after the show, he just stormed out with his hoodie up and jumped into the bus.
I cant tell how pissed i was by that. I mean, people have travelled from all over the world, sign my fucking ticket! That woman who kept shouting Beeleee didnt get let in, i was right next to hear, my eardrum was ruined by that more than the gig. I thought Billy was complete fag after the show, and i hope he doesnt make a habit of ignoring his fans after shows.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:02 AM   #898
greenkittie
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete
I cant tell how pissed i was by that. I mean, people have travelled from all over the world, sign my fucking ticket! That woman who kept shouting Beeleee didnt get let in, i was right next to hear, my eardrum was ruined by that more than the gig. I thought Billy was complete fag after the show, and i hope he doesnt make a habit of ignoring his fans after shows.
Come on now did you not see how tired he looked when he was on stage at the end of the show? Hes only human inspite of what he would like you to think! I was way too wrecked myself to even stand around and wait, hardly made it back to the hotel and I hadn't just played a 3 hour set!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #899
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolhead
Rose again Pumpkins persuade in Paris

24 May 2007, by: Hans Vrijmoed

(photograph: Hans Vrijmoed)

Fans in Paris enjoy lasting set with complete new plate 3 hours and almost all old singles.

Just as we thought here in the Netherlands that pleasing Monday the very first sign of life becomes of specific Smashing Pumpkins. Will have been possible it zomaar; the previous time in 1998, was the poster actual already round and the link at the last moment as second last act on the programme was still put - Billy Corgan himself will have rung that them there would want play gladly. Apparently the irruption turn for Pearl jam in 1994, had pleased well. Concerning that show of Zwan in 2003, we will no longer have it but.

Apprehension, Pinkpop do not go still ordinary by, but the choice for the first show fell some weeks suffered therefore on Le Grand Rex - only already with regard to name perfectly for the ego of Corgan - in Paris, splendid art-deco a film theatre on a steenworp distance of Gard now Nord. A show without can make invited press and where clear 2700 favoured fans especially much video - and sound prerecordings.

As that Tuesday evening for the half nine lights go out, follows a marathon to new and old material. Initially the head threatens the same feeling put up as at Pinkpop 1998 and for example the Vredenburg show in 2000,: a set with many numbers which know still nobody because the plate not yet is appear from - it still new album Zeitgeist appears just over six weeks and has been not yet leaked.

But where at those afscheidstour full old ' hits ' behind itself burned and especially leaned on Machina and less obvious numbers ship the Pumpkins, it seems as if Corgan with the festivals in the down-stream cutwater nevertheless for each what wils method go. That is possible also easy in these marathonset of no less than three hours, in which are space for all new numbers and much old krakers.

Halverwege Billy only lag behind on the podium for an acoustic part, where he presents himself as "we an are the Smashing Pumpkins". Jimmy Chamberlin the some other have remained original Pumpkin. Google for the rest on Ginger Reyes (yes, chick on the bass), gitarist Jeff Schroeder (for the blade: he has partly Asian roots) and Lisa Harrinton (tests). New three that netjes has practised all parties and further especially can do to what the master says. Because that should be clear: the link twists still for Corgan - the new link members are nevertheless a type mercenaries.

The question is: does it make what? Weren't the Pumpkins in former days also already the link around king Corgan? The show in Paris shows in any case a large positive difference with in former days: in contrast to for example Pinkpop 1998 the link there and the old favourites seem really have sense now much are floated and with venijn are played, such as Zero and Silverfuck - with a flard The End van The Doors, how appropriate in Paris. Seems only Bullet With Butterfly Wings what dutifully to happen.

Toch the positive spectacular figures predominate: To Sheila, Cherub Rock, 1979, Untitled, all stretched poor at Tonight, Tonight, it superb oriental striking as intro of acoustic Thirty-Three... Only one beetje jammer of all stoeltjes on the first rank, as a result of which the visitors - they stand there all tussenin - hundred per cent separately cannot go.

Moreover the new numbers on the first interview many more accessible than those of the top-heavy Machina and less than those of mourning plate Adore are melancholically: they lie still most in the extension of Siamese Dream-materiaal, but accommodate elements from the complete history of the Pumpkins.

The ham question: couple of that not yet sells off Pinkpop today and Monday and you go especially for the head act: is it a day card worth? Corgan are eigenwijs enough in an hour and a half nice the complete new plate and old play numbers perhaps three, just like the previous keren.

On the other hand: with this selection to old singles it must sit, however, snor on the festivals. And it is absolutely not certain if you get after Pinkpop still the chance to see them in the Netherlands. Perhaps around Lowlands, but you want that take risk? On the tourshirts in any case all European cities and festivals only stand so far and for our country country earl. Moreover, now she still fresh and not sufgetourd are. Paris tasted for me in any case to more. Much more...

Old 05-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #900
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Whining
and another one in Dutch: http://www.revu.nl/5188
The Smashing Pumpkins are! Seven years were they from each other, but Monday stand they as headliner on Pinkpop, a decade after their largest gloriedagen. In run-up daarnaartoe they gave last Tuesday in Paris their first concert after the reunification. For three and hours the publicly in the luxuriously cinema Le Grand Rex murw were battered with both old hits new material, of the album ‘Zeitgeist’ new on 7 July to appear;. Everything well and but one sit wait for this pretentious return in fact, however? Guard after hoogmoed not the fall? Or do Billy Corgan have which already behind itself gelaten?

Cat from the tree
Never dirty of large gestures or a strong portie claims, appear on 07-07-07 – no, the date are no chance - ‘Zeitgeist’; new – jawel: seventh - album of The Smashing Pumpkins. A politically getinte plate still, for the first time in the bandhistorie. For that stands the link – planes; also for the first time - as headliner on Pinkpop. Why? Because it is possible, this way simple it is. On the basis of in the past achieve results The Smashing Pumpkins can break a half pot bakery and still to get away. King Corgan laughs in its knuistje; the world lies to its feet...

Under the foeilelijke cover it is engaged ‘Zeitgeist’ a logical combination of firm rockende ‘Siamese Dream’ (the opening album from 1993) and the headstock feeling of Zwan. Little surprisingly; move Corgan and drummakker Jimmy Chamberlin turned out to be at each other in a hok and the small beast long enough itself automatically. That small beast has a name; The Smashing Pumpkins, which are well for legions old fans; even if even by them the cat is scrupulously looked at from the tree.

For the lions
The first Test case is the debuutshow of ‘nieuwe’ Pumpkins. Le Grand Rex - splendid art-nouveau a cinema in hartje Paris - Tuesday 22 May the setting for the kickoff of - probable - new wereldtournee of monstrous proporties is. Small but it is fine to the tree-long, blood-ambitious Corgan not spent.

Fans of concerning the complete aardkloot come on honey tested-fly their old weerzien heroes in action. Without having an idea thereby also but of what they can expect; Billy-adoratie are stone-blind and know, frequently one has been how also disappointed, no borders. Corgan themselves also hardly; in tight three hours The Smashing Pumpkins play almost thirty numbers; among which nearly complete ‘Zeitgeist’. A war of attrition which is entertained on purely gejoel by its faithful volgelingen, as vanouds amechtig to its lips hanging.

Epic progrock, sweet acoustic headstock and dynamic beech work are the recognizable ingredienten of the reconquest time. Like singles also all from the heyday days that is, among which ‘Today’, ‘Disarm’, ‘Bullet With Butterfly Wings’, ‘1979’, ‘Tonight, Tonight’ and ‘Zero’. The those supporter picks up meantime its heart to rariteit ‘Winterlong’ and the verzengend played ‘Silverfuck’; that last larded with citaten from Doors-klasieker ‘The End’. How appropriate in the city where one of Billy’s large predecessors, Jim Morrison, bury lies.

Volksmenner
After the first trot round king Corgan counts thus its profit points. Old hits care collective (jeugd)sentiment at its volgelingen and he has to a platform its new ventilate work. In Paris he gets away even to its best material on the beam to let lie (‘Mayonaise’, ‘Geek USA’, ‘I Am One’, ‘Thru the Eyes or Ruby’). for three hours becomes Corgan especially herbevestigd in its role as the alternative Rockvolksmenner. And who does dare contradict does him?

In Le Grand Rex in advance nobody. With the buikje round of vele hits, tastes Paris in advance of ‘Zeitgeist’-materiaal. Inner demonen get gezelschap of political positions. And, obscure and hits yin and yang, hard and gentle, within; The Smashing Pumpkins cover again the complete spectrum. Everyone glad; malignant gozer thus, who Billy. You would say.

Verdeel-en-heers
But are how malignant you if you stand for monkey in a blank chasuble? If you tar for the largest part on glorie of weleer and on Pinkpop and slither you following festivals not under playing each time diezelfde hits [ the volzin Despite all my rage, I’m still just a rat in a cage have not been written then without reason ] end up? How in touch with ‘Zeitgeist’ are you actual, when you yourself an walking anachronism are?

Corgan divide and dominate and are in the meantime dikke mik with Chamberlin. Jeff Schroeder (reserve-James the Iha) on jet ear, bassiste Ginger Reyes (inflatable looking instant-D’Arcy) and Lisa Harriton behind the tests is only the huurknechten: they must put it in Paris thus with hoekje in obscurity. As The Smashing Pumpkins they serve Monday on Pinkpop the old volgelingen undoubtedly with a hitgevoelige set, in which everyone what of its gading will find.

Not only lie new success and followers for picking up, also king Corgan can be by means of cunning ways new Messiaanse egg lost. Partly caesar, partly Bono he has this way again the key to werelddominantie in hands. He thinks. To think of being fans. But did the large king of the alternative rock on the beams stand, or does see we soon the new kleren of the emperor again in Le Grand Rex?

The Smashing Pumpkins
Le Grand Rex, Paris (France) 22 May 2007
The Smashing Pumpkins conclude Pinkpop on Monday 28 May. On 7 July fiancée appears ‘Zeitgeist’ by means of Warner/reprise.

Sven Schlijper