I have never seen sp

Old 02-11-2017, 02:06 AM   #32
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

untr00 fan

Old 02-11-2017, 02:06 AM   #33
D.
Consume my pants.

2000: Sting, Christina Agulera, Savage Garden (all free tix)
2001: Reel Big Fish (free)
2002: Collective Soul
2003: Evanescence (free)
2011: Five For Fighting
2013: Filter/Live/Everclear
2014: Bear Hands, Chris Roe from Ataris solo acoustic, and Art Alexekis from Everclear solo acoustic

I guess that's it that I'm even slightly embarrassed about. Even then, it's not that embarrassing. I have no shame.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:07 AM   #34
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I lolled at Five for Fighting

savage garden are legit cause i want to stand wit u on teh mountain

Old 02-11-2017, 02:10 AM   #35
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
haha that's awesome. I actually saw Bush at a club this past halloween. It was alright, but they just couldn't put across that loud, grunge rawness live.
They're playing a 10 dollar show in this outside (with a roof) "venue" that is surrounded by terrible bars/nightlife. My brother and I might go to watch from behind the gate because we're cheap and the crowds are usually terrible there.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:11 AM   #36
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I lolled at Five for Fighting

savage garden are legit cause i want to stand wit u on teh mountain
Yo that SG show was actually pretty dope.

I forgot I saw Buckcherry play a free gig in 2013. The crowd was exactly what you'd expect.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:49 AM   #37
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Withing Temptation. Three times.

Three. Times.

I never saw this video, kind of makes it even more embarrassing.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:50 AM   #38
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

It was made in 2008 even though the single was released in 2000

Old 02-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #39
LaBelle
Socialphobic

My ex-bf dragged me to a Dream Theater concert and that was the most horrible experience ever. After about 1.5 hours I thought they were finally done but nope, it was just an intermission and they came back for another 1.5 hours. Ugh.

Tho the actual worst concert was seeing The Smashing Pumpkins. They had Mike Byrne as their drummer and everyone on stage seemed bored out of their mind and the songs sounded lifeless. I got to see Astral Planes and Spangled live... double ugh.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #40
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

this terrible NZ "band". I was 13 or 14 I think. They were playing in a music store. Hey, remember those?

Old 02-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #41
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I went to see Evanescence twice and had a blast both times. The most recent concert the drums sounded incredible, never experienced that in a concert before or since. You could feel the kickdrum in your soul.
Evanescence and Linkin Park were the first rock bands I started listening to on my own when I was 13, and still hold some affection for.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #42
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Hahahahahaa

@the video vixnix posted

Old 02-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #43
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Is that ska?

Old 02-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #44
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Hahahahahaa

@the video vixnix posted
glad you "enjoyed" it

Old 02-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #45
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I went to see Evanescence twice and had a blast both times. The most recent concert the drums sounded incredible, never experienced that in a concert before or since. You could feel the kickdrum in your soul.
Evanescence and Linkin Park were the first rock bands I started listening to on my own when I was 13, and still hold some affection for.
Wake me up

Old 02-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #46
LaBelle
Socialphobic

They played that song without the rap both times and it was much better.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #47
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
They're playing a 10 dollar show in this outside (with a roof) "venue" that is surrounded by terrible bars/nightlife. My brother and I might go to watch from behind the gate because we're cheap and the crowds are usually terrible there.
Yeah, I don't think Bush is much of a draw anymore... Which is obvious for the most part but they only managed to fill 2/3rds of a 1000 capacity venue for a heavily sponsored radio-station Halloween show this past year. I figured they still had more pull than that.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #48
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Yo that SG show was actually pretty dope.
That cherry cola songs a pretty bitchin' pop jam.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #49
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Tho the actual worst concert was seeing The Smashing Pumpkins. They had Mike Byrne as their drummer and everyone on stage seemed bored out of their mind and the songs sounded lifeless. I got to see Astral Planes and Spangled live... double ugh.
Oh man that's a bummer, you caught em at the absolute worst time... Truly the worst era of the band recording and live-wise.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:16 PM   #50
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
2013: Filter/Live/Everclear.
I would go to this for free

Old 02-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #51
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'd go see Everclear if I was bored and it was cheap enough, not gonna lie. They have some legitimately good tunes under their umbrella.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:22 PM   #52
fuzzyroes
Banned

hell who am I kidding, I'd go out of my way to see Everclear if they came here

Old 02-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #53
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Saw hooties blowfishes on the "fairweather Johnson" tour. My first big rock concert, 1st time seeing hammered ppl. I'll never forget the ripe, stumbly dude pissing next to me at the pissing trough, as he grunted and howled "uh-hooooooooooooooooooooote!!!!" And 30 to 40 other pissing dudes or dudes about to piss responded: "hooo ooooooooooooooooootieeeeeeeeee

Best part about going to this show was learning of the existence of John Hiatt, the legendary singer/songwriter who opened for hoooo oooooootie. Certainly never would've heard of him otherwise

Old 02-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #54
Disco King
Minion of Satan

My first concert was Avenged Sevenfold headlining the Taste of Chaos festival. The vocalist was wearing flood pants and the audience smelled bad. I caught the drummer's drumstick, but some chick ripped it out of my hand. The opener was some forgettable metalcore act.

When I went to see Cursive, they were opening for Brand New. They had the roadies attach flowers to all of the microphones. Throughout their set, some guy in the audience wearing a bandanna over the lower half of his face kept on turning around to see if the people behind him were fist-pumping as hard as he was, as if he had to make sure that other people were also excited. Many of the people in the crowd looked like emos/scenesters, which was weird, considering that this was, like, a good five years after that thing died out.

I couldn't tolerate the whole set, and left after maybe three songs.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:12 PM   #55
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Saw hooties blowfishes on the "fairweather Johnson" tour. My first big rock concert, 1st time seeing hammered ppl. I'll never forget the ripe, stumbly dude pissing next to me at the pissing trough, as he grunted and howled "uh-hooooooooooooooooooooote!!!!" And 30 to 40 other pissing dudes or dudes about to piss responded: "hooo ooooooooooooooooootieeeeeeeeee

Best part about going to this show was learning of the existence of John Hiatt, the legendary singer/songwriter who opened for hoooo oooooootie. Certainly never would've heard of him otherwise
Dang. Kinda jealous. Love Hootie's first two records and about a third of their third joint.
But i imagine a crowd of Hootie fans is the WORST.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:17 PM   #56
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

What's the point in seeing shit bands play live?

I don't get it. I've never seen a bad show unless it was some local band playing at a bar I was already at.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:32 PM   #57
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i saw everclear in 1997 at zetafest. i was like 11 or 12 but art was drunk as fuck and kept begging the women in the audience to show him their tits. didn't go over too well with me lol

Old 02-12-2017, 12:23 AM   #58
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Dang. Kinda jealous. Love Hootie's first two records and about a third of their third joint.
But i imagine a crowd of Hootie fans is the WORST.
It was a great show, yeah 1st two hooties are imo a very special blend of grunge/country that I still enjoy to this day. But I have been made to feel embarrassed over them many times

For example before I went to this show I was listening to my coworkers discuss which show/festivals they were seeing that summer, with an emphasis on which provided the best chance for them to spy babes flashin boobs (rockfest, apparently), and I volunteered I was going to see hootie

An older mullet, a big ozzy/danzig fan, goes, "Hootie!?!? Only thing you'll see at that show is a bunch of FAGGOTS!!!!"

Old 02-12-2017, 07:15 AM   #59
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabshack View Post

I don't get it. I've never seen a bad show unless it was some local band playing at a bar I was already at.
It's their lot in life

Old 02-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #60
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabshack View Post

The shitty or "embarrassing" shows I've seen were the result of somebody dragging me along and/or being young and tasteless.

I mean, I'm personally not embarrassed about any shows I've seen, but you get the idea.