Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 08:14 AM   #121
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
The last CD I bought was in 1997 LOL

seriously, people still own and buy CDs? Bunch of shower clowns on here lol
Like a clown but wetter?

A couple of years ago I temporarily lost the ability to download music, and I physically went to a store and bought some CD’s blind during that time. Like the old days. I ended up loving those albums. Was it because they were good, or because I was consuming them the old-fashioned way and investing time in them? Only clown will tell.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #122
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
The last CD I bought was in 1997 LOL

seriously, people still own and buy CDs? Bunch of shower clowns on here lol
why do people get so "worked up" about this. not everyone wants to spend $20-30 on every record they want to listen to (vinyl) and it was essentially the last practical physical format before mp3s & eventually streaming became the new norm. not everybody wants to use up data or take up gigs of space on their phone just to listen to music on a car ride or what have you. before it went out, the cd player in my car was my primary mode of listening while driving because it just sounded that much better.

if you're just at home or work or something then yeah it's a bit odd to put on a CD rather than streaming but even so, at the end of the day, why do people care so much

Old 11-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #123
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

the real question here is, why do you care so much about ppl caring so much?

kapish?

Old 11-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #124
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

because only one follows the other

you don't hear people going around saying "omg, people don't buy cd's???"

Old 11-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #125
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

listen to music on fuckin' 8-tracks for all i care!

Old 11-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #126
myosis
Minion of Satan

i am happy there will be a CD, i will buy it

Old 11-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #127
myosis
Minion of Satan

of course it probably won't have a proper mastering

Old 11-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #128
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

people still care about good mastering? Bunch of shower clowns on here lol

Old 11-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #129
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 11-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #130
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Does WPC's music make you feel any emotions in particular?
I feel like this response will go straight to Billy's heart if whoever's running the account shows it to him

"Like I found a shard of something pretty in the creek. Like cobalt glass or a perfume bottle.

I want to pick it up and keep it but it’s probably gonna cut me a little to do so."

Old 11-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #131
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

My own response: sad, but for a completely different reason from why SP used to make me feel that way

Old 11-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #132
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I feel like this response will go straight to Billy's heart if whoever's running the account shows it to him

"Like I found a shard of something pretty in the creek. Like cobalt glass or a perfume bottle.

I want to pick it up and keep it but it’s probably gonna cut me a little to do so."
Omg this is beautiful

Wish big willie still could do this to me oh well at least there’s always the golden age recordings to keep us warm

Old 11-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #133
fuzzyroes
Banned

I buy more C.D's than ever. It's great, you can pick em up for a dollar or 2 at most from thrift shops these days and they're mostly all the good 90's ones. I've come across a lot of rarities and forgotten stuff. It's great.

Perhaps the most important thing, I've checked and a lot of the music I've been picking up isn't even on Spotify. So this reliance on streaming services is kinda boomerish considering how square and milquetoast the music library is

Old 11-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #134
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Can you imagine driving down the street blasting Cotillions from your car speakers? You're gonna be the coolest dude of 2019!

Old 11-15-2019, 10:19 PM   #135
fuzzyroes
Banned

I don't think I'm a Billy Corgan fan anymore because I don' have an iota of anticipation or excitement regarding the new album. The clips on that youtube video kinda sucked the big one

Old 11-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #136
redbreegull

where's your rap

Old 11-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #137
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Can you imagine driving down the street blasting Cotillions from your car speakers? You're gonna be the coolest dude of 2019!
Thankyou!

Old 11-15-2019, 10:41 PM   #138
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
when i was in rehab i had to listen to hours of normal people r+b and country radio

do you know the utter garbage that most mainstream people listen to these days

Old 11-16-2019, 12:09 AM   #139
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

The CD discussion up in here is quite interesting... a few thoughts all hit me in a flurry the other day.

So, I've got all of my CDs ripped into iTunes in ALAC. Went with that codec ultimately because I like iTunes (generally) for digital music organization and it'll play nicely with iPhones and Sonos 'round the house. It was a LOT of work. Just shy of 2,000 albums all ripped down with artwork, meticulous tagging, the whole damn chute and match. Been enjoying that for years. And when a new release would come out, I'd do what some other boomers in here do: buy the CD, rip it in lossless. And before the streaming age, this made total sense: because why would I buy MP3s on iTunes for the same price as a CD?

Then a few weeks ago, I got a popup in my Instagram feed for Amazon Music HD. Streaming lossless. Three month trial - FREE! So I went for it. And I'm surprised just how many high quality albums they have in there. Stuff that I couldn't quite spring for on CD (deluxe editions by bands I like but don't love, etc) - all right there in lossless.

Later that very same day, I was in a local record store. And they have the new Wilco album sitting there. I had listened to it once, liked it, and did what I was naturally wont to do: buy it on CD, rip it and add it to the collection. But now that I had access to it right there in the app... why? So I kept browsing, and talked myself out of buying it. Then, on the next row over, were the new arrivals in the used CD section. And on top of that rack front and center was a pristine copy of Mellon Collie on CD. And in seeing that, I got that rush of home town pride that I still feel for SP, deep in my bones: those are my guys, that's my favorite album right there, dammit.

And you just don't get that while seeing it in Amazon music on an app screen in the same way. But weirdly enough, I left without getting that Wilco. And it's playing right now in the Amazon HD app.

Music is confusing in 2019, man.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:10 AM   #140
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

In unrelated news, I liked "Hard Times" at the LA WPC show. The other Cotillions songs didn't do a whole lot for me on first listen... but who knows. Ogilala took a minute for me, but I really like about half of those songs, and freaking love Archer.

Old 11-16-2019, 01:21 AM   #141
Shallowed
Braindead

Wow, announcing an album release a mere week in advance is an incredible improvement to Billy's approach to promotion. I might actually bother pirating this.

Old 11-16-2019, 01:27 AM   #142
jm9843
Ownz

I wonder if WPC talked to any black people on his 30 day tour of middle America. And he's lucky that he didn't run into any bad hombres on the US/Mexico border since Trump hadn't built the wall yet. Risky behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
"Featuring unreleased songs off William Patrick Corgan's new double album, "Cotillions", as well as never before seen footage from the "Thirty Days" series."

"In January of 2017, WPC embarked on a journey across America - No highways. Just state roads and small towns.It was during this trip that he wrote “Cotillions". Take a look back at the sights, the sounds, the 3,000 miles…Relive the adventure that inspired the music."

Old 11-16-2019, 03:28 AM   #143
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
before it went out, the cd player in my car was my primary mode of listening while driving because it just sounded that much better.
if your car stereo is your best stereo then i feel bad for you, son

Old 11-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #144
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

it's the best stereo in my car, that's for sure!

Old 11-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #145
slunken
Virgo

COUGARED

Old 11-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #146
FoolofaTook

Old 11-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #147
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
I wonder if WPC talked to any black people on his 30 day tour of middle America. And he's lucky that he didn't run into any bad hombres on the US/Mexico border since Trump hadn't built the wall yet. Risky behavior.
Billy only visited the "real America" that still listens to music on CDs. Blacks don't buy CDs.. only small town whites still do.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #148
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Fragile, The Spark (Live):

Old 11-18-2019, 10:28 PM   #149
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Behold! William’s latest attempt at coming up with the most embarrassing album title in the history of recorded music: Cotillions.

Seriously though the guy has an awful track record.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:43 PM   #150
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Lol i love that this has apparently leaked yet not a soul on here has cared enough to listen, or if they have they can’t be bothered to say jack shit in the thread for it

Gosh the golden years are loooooooooong gone huh

Closed Thread