Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #3991
pavementtune
**************
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,747
Default

my you read quite a bit, in Hindi, age 17, while neither working nor going to school, I see, too bad you seem to have the rational thinking ability of a fucking rock. have a good day, kid.

 
pavementtune is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #3992
Shallowed
Braindead
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town
Posts: 15,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
People are calling me a piece of shit. How is that not hateful? On the other hand, tell me one hateful thing I've said about any of those things/people.
Something doesn't have to be explicitly hateful to be hateful. Denying trans people the simple dignity of their pronouns might not seem explicitly hateful, but that's because it means a lot less to you than it does to everyone else. Trans people are treated horribly by others every day for being themselves, the last thing they need is a concern troll trying to tell them what's best for them.

In your case, getting put under pressure for your harmful views isn't hateful, because it's a response to what you're saying, not who you are as a person. But it sure feels like it, doesn't it?

 
Shallowed is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #3993
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,603
Default

Marquis, a lot of these guys will beat the social justice warrior drum just for the sake of beating it, even if they contradict themselves nonstop.

Believe me, I've been there

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #3994
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Also, Took, calling me a troll is very mean of you. You think I'd go as far as to lie about my childhood and how I discovered the Pumpkins, and stuff?

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #3995
Shallowed
Braindead
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town
Posts: 15,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Don't even waste your time with these guys. They'll argue till they're blue in the face.

Not worth it!
There it is

 
Shallowed is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #3996
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

"in Hindi"?

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #3997
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
my you read quite a bit, in Hindi, age 17, while neither working nor going to school, I see, too bad you seem to have the rational thinking ability of a fucking rock. have a good day, kid.
Rational thinking ability of a rock. How so?

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #3998
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 27,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
They'll rant and rave about womens rights and gay rights and then if you criticize the Quaran you're a bigot. There's no common sense with some of these guys.
I don't see an inherent problem with criticizing the Quran and did not say that. This is also a strawman fallacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
But what's with this ignorance!? If a culture is okay with mysoginy, how can the people here, who are feminists, supposedly, be okay with it!?
every culture is misogynistic smart guy. The Quran, written in the 7th century, gives women the right to vote and inherit property. Remind me when women in the US got the right to vote? how many female presidents has the US had? Do you know how many governments in the world which favor Islam as a national religion have had female chief executives? Nine.

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #3999
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
There it is
Nothing this guy is saying is unreasonable. Yet everyones down his throat insulting him and calling him a troll. It's the typical standard of the certain SJW's that post here.

You guys should be more open minded. Sometimes you'll disagree with people in society. There's no need for all of the insults.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #4000
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Something doesn't have to be explicitly hateful to be hateful. Denying trans people the simple dignity of their pronouns might not seem explicitly hateful, but that's because it means a lot less to you than it does to everyone else. Trans people are treated horribly by others every day for being themselves, the last thing they need is a concern troll trying to tell them what's best for them.

In your case, getting put under pressure for your harmful views isn't hateful, because it's a response to what you're saying, not who you are as a person. But it sure feels like it, doesn't it?
And what I'm saying is I won't treat them horribly! I'll treat them just as I would treat anyone else!

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #4001
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 27,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Nothing this guy is saying is unreasonable. Yet everyones down his throat insulting him and calling him a troll. It's the typical standard of the certain SJW's that post here.

You guys should be more open minded. Sometimes you'll disagree with people in society. There's no need for all of the insults.
fuck you

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #4002
pavementtune
**************
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,747
Default

do you refer to your bros as "she"? to your sister as "him"? no? then in fact you don't treat them like anyone else.

 
pavementtune is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #4003
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Nothing this guy is saying is unreasonable. Yet everyones down his throat insulting him and calling him a troll. It's the typical standard of the certain SJW's that post here.

You guys should be more open minded. Sometimes you'll disagree with people in society. There's no need for all of the insults.
Yeah. There's no need for insults. We can all have a rational discussion over this. I enjoy debating a lot.

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #4004
pavementtune
**************
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,747
Default

hmm, insults, you say? what was that, "sjw libtard mantras."

my I wonder why we like to cuddle you this much. last I checked "libtard" is meant as insult in your playgroups. geez, why so sensitive, snowflake.

 
pavementtune is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #4005
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 27,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
Yeah. There's no need for insults. We can all have a rational discussion over this. I enjoy debating a lot.
you don't understand that you are being prejudiced and harmful which is why you don't understand the way people are reacting to you. it's not because you're smarter than all the adults except the gambling addict trump supporting alcoholic

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #4006
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
hmm, insults, you say? what was that, "sjw libtard mantras."

my I wonder why we like to cuddle you this much. last I checked "libtard" is meant as insult in your playgroups. geez, why so sensitive, snowflake.
In hindsight, I was being a bit harsh. But it was exactly because of this! People insulting me for not sugarcoating facts!

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #4007
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
you don't understand that you are being prejudiced and harmful which is why you don't understand the way people are reacting to you. it's not because you're smarter than all the adults except the gambling addict trump supporting alcoholic
Hey, did you like Obama?

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #4008
MplsTaper
Ownz
 
MplsTaper's Avatar
 
Posts: 630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
In hindsight, I was being a bit harsh. But it was exactly because of this! People insulting me for not sugarcoating facts!
Will you please change your username to Monuments instead?

 
MplsTaper is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #4009
pavementtune
**************
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,747
Default

oh yes, that must be it. "they threw garbage at me first, I did nothing!"

if you want to "discuss" transphobic and racist opinions - go elsewhere.
that's the "discussion" you will get when simply refusing to treat and refer to fellow boarders (shocker, there are trans people on netphoria) with basic fucking human decency.

 
pavementtune is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #4010
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

OH, I'M RACIST NOW, TOO?

HOW AM I BEING RACIST!?!?

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #4011
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 27,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
Hey, did you like Obama?
I liked the good things he did and didn't like the bad things he did. non-sequitur fallacy btw

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #4012
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Will you please change your username to Monuments instead?
Please. No. Anything but Monuments. Please.

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #4013
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I liked the good things he did and didn't like the bad things he did. non-sequitur fallacy btw
What bad things did he do?

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #4014
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

In your opinion?

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #4015
Shallowed
Braindead
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town
Posts: 15,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You guys should be more open minded. Sometimes you'll disagree with people in society. There's no need for all of the insults.
This right here is textbook bigotry. Denying that your own remarks aren't racist, and in the next breath, pleading for fewer insults.

Shut the fuck up, fuzzy

 
Shallowed is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #4016
pavementtune
**************
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
OH, I'M RACIST NOW, TOO?

HOW AM I BEING RACIST!?!?
learn to read - if you want to discuss transphobic stances - like yours - or racist stances like your bro fuzzy likes to spit out, then this is exactly the discussion you will get. I am not calling you racist.

However you'll probably get there, THEN i will call you whatever the fuck I want, no worries. See I, too, refuse to let people dictate what they want to be called. If I want to call you a fucking piece of shit, I will!

 
pavementtune is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #4017
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Listen; I agreed with a thing or two that he said. That doesn't make him my "bro".

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #4018
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 27,593
Default

obama pissed away a lot of political capital in the first 2 years compromising and fucking around instead of aggressively going for a serious wall street fix, a comprehensive and sustainable healthcare bill, closing guantanamo, etc. he also expanded the security apparatus significantly like a neoliberal and made several seriously poor foreign policy decisions which will haunt his legacy. As well, he seems to have been as asleep at the wheel as everyone else while the GOP gerrymandered the everloving fuck out of the entire US map

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #4019
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
learn to read - if you want to discuss transphobic stances - like yours - or racist stances like your bro fuzzy likes to spit out, then this is exactly the discussion you will get. I am not calling you racist.

However you'll probably get there, THEN i will call you whatever the fuck I want, no worries. See I, too, refuse to let people dictate what they want to be called. If I want to call you a fucking piece of shit, I will!
That's kind of hypocritical, but fuck it!

 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Old 12-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #4020
pavementtune
**************
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,747
Default

hey I use "bro" whichever the fuck I want, as long as I can find evidence. male to male is enough evidence for me to refer to you guys as bros, if you like it or not!

(fun game, isn't it.)

actually, don't mind if I call you two sisters. why the hell not!

hypocritical, you say? hell yea. that should be right up your alley, mister "and the bible is bad, too, but let me start with the Quran."

 
pavementtune is offline
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul Ryan: I've talked with Trump extensively about the constitution Catherine Wheel General Chat Message Board 21 02-01-2017 10:09 AM
Trump not being sarcastic about Obama being the founder of ISIS Catherine Wheel General Chat Message Board 5 08-13-2016 03:19 PM
Billy Corgan on Donald Trump eyeboogers Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 25 12-01-2015 01:51 AM
Jerry Seinfeld on presidential hopeful Donald Trump Catherine Wheel General Chat Archive 0 05-02-2011 04:30 AM
rosie vs. trump xMAdMx General Chat Archive 26 12-23-2006 02:27 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014