Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

The key words from Corgan are "When she heard it wasn't how she wanted it to be"... Yes, she didn't wanna be the Steven Adler attraction wheeled up on stage for a couple songs each night. Why would she wanna go for that? That doesn't benefit anyone but Billy and the rest of the band.

Even Adler said it was bunk when he did it. Cause you do all this traveling, it's this big commitment all just to appear on stage for 5 minutes... It simply isn't worth the time and and commitment of simply showing up.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #32
fuzzyroes
Banned

D'arcy couldn't have described it any better when she referred to it as dangling a carrot.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
It basically comes down to if you want to believe Billy or Darcy. There really is no proof either way.
Uhhh what? D'arcy released the proof. She thought she was going to be part of the reunion and then Billy dropped the bomb regarding what he was actually planning.

Pretty black and white.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #34
slunken
Virgo

everything's blue in this world

Old 05-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #35
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Even the great "Rolling Stone" doing the copy & paste thing, like Buttcannon, to write an article around it:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-years-w519782

Old 05-04-2018, 11:31 PM   #36
slunken
Virgo

WOW THAT IS SOMETHING REALLY TO BE CONCERNED AND OR CARE ABOUT ITS SO CRAZY GOOD CALL

Old 05-05-2018, 02:31 AM   #37
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
All fuzzy

Spilling

Out

Of

M y

H e a d

Old 05-05-2018, 07:44 AM   #38
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
The key words from Corgan are "When she heard it wasn't how she wanted it to be"... Yes, she didn't wanna be the Steven Adler attraction wheeled up on stage for a couple songs each night. Why would she wanna go for that? That doesn't benefit anyone but Billy and the rest of the band.

Even Adler said it was bunk when he did it. Cause you do all this traveling, it's this big commitment all just to appear on stage for 5 minutes... It simply isn't worth the time and and commitment of simply showing up.
But while texting her you can see he was open to have her play a long set list "if you play 2 songs a night or 7 songs it's only gonna be great". They are planning a big tour with someone who's been out of the game for the last 20 years and was unsure if needed surgery. Of course they needed a plan b and someone to step in, in case something goes wrong. If you were Billy, wouldn't you be worrying? I mean, it's a big tour with big names involved, it's unlikely that someone from Live Nation or other parties didn't try to meet with her to discuss the details. I really doubt that they were so amateur to the point they planned a reunion tour + 30 years anniversary tour through Whatsapp, or even that Darcy didn't suspect she was being lied to if Billy was avoiding to meet her for almost 2 years.

We can discuss if the reunion should've been postponed until everything was said and signed.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #39
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Forgotten D'arcy...

They began the recordings in January without informing D'arcy about it. Without having known about her injury at that time. This is all well documented through the text messages.
They stayed for nearly a month in the studio, but Corgan told her, it would mostly be for just one song. Though he proudly posted on Instagram the opposite.

Why should Live Nation or "other parties" have tried to meet D’arcy, if even Corgan didn't do so?
The way he behaved the whole time, he played games with her, with Jack Bates already hired as their main bass player. But in the end he failed in assessing D’arcy’s reaction.

Doesn't need another discussion to see how poorly the "reunion" got handled.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-05-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #40
T&T
Socialphobic

is it news that Billy Corgan is a dickwad? Like we've been waiting for those texts as proof... nope.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:09 AM   #41
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
stop talking about tony tiger's cock

Old 05-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #42
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

that d'arcy video is some grade-A squirming, tiptoeing around the topic, and refusing to give any account of what happened via endless babbling rationalization. i honestly wonder if big will believes himself when he spurts all this diarrhea

Old 05-05-2018, 09:24 PM   #43
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
But while texting her you can see he was open to have her play a long set list "if you play 2 songs a night or 7 songs it's only gonna be great". They are planning a big tour with someone who's been out of the game for the last 20 years and was unsure if needed surgery. Of course they needed a plan b and someone to step in, in case something goes wrong. If you were Billy, wouldn't you be worrying? I mean, it's a big tour with big names involved, it's unlikely that someone from Live Nation or other parties didn't try to meet with her to discuss the details. I really doubt that they were so amateur to the point they planned a reunion tour + 30 years anniversary tour through Whatsapp, or even that Darcy didn't suspect she was being lied to if Billy was avoiding to meet her for almost 2 years.

We can discuss if the reunion should've been postponed until everything was said and signed.
You're only seeing what you want to see.... It was obvious D'arcy was incredibly heartbroken, then she asked, "well what sorta money would I get" and Corgan snaps "I'm not gonna discuss any money regarding this".

You're looking at it through Billy's mind, but what would be in it for D'arcy? She's an iconic member of the band, and she wants to rejoin, but Billy had already decided that the ugly fat lard Jack Bates would take her spot. There's no discussion that D'arcy could even have, because the decision was already made.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #44
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
It basically comes down to that Billy fooled D'arcy for nearly two years about his opinion of her being involved again in the Smashing Pumpkins. If you still want to tell it involved at all...
Totally agree. I choose to not believe either.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:44 PM   #45
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Does Lars have a podcast now? Everyone wants to be Rogan now I guess. Where can you watch the whole thing?

Old 05-05-2018, 11:05 PM   #46
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Yeah, I'm totally open to hearing Billy's side, but he says things that confirm what she said like the 'wasn't what she wanted it to be.' The offer for her wasn't what the fans wanted either, the fans wanted the entire original lineup back together.

He also isn't giving specifics about offering to meet her face to face, she did. I'm not necessarily saying Billy is lying, but D'arcy laid out a specific example of an idea to meet she proposed to him that could have been great for them to bond on a personal level without any nonsense like negotiating contracts. Billy hasn't described any of his ideas to meet in person. If he could describe his take on what D'arcy mentioned about her coming to a show on his solo tour, I'd be interested in that, but the way D'arcy described it, it seemed like Billy never offered to have to her come to a specific show, he expected her to look up his tour dates online or something.

I know for a fact D'arcy has not kept up with that kind of stuff in-depth in the last several years. Going on Alternative Nation the last few months is probably the most she's seen in a long time. During our interview she even asked me if John Frusciante was still in Red Hot Chili Peppers. She's just living her life.

Last edited by WeilandFan : 05-05-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:34 PM   #47
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

As usual you have to glean the truth through the tiny facts Billy carelessly spits out amid his incessant bullshit. The quote he shares from Jimmy is very revealing by virtue of what is left out: “Well this whole thing makes it obvious why it was never gonna work...” It also gives you an idea of why Jimmy has been able to work with Billy successfully for so long. He validates Billy just enough to make him think, “Yeah!!!! Haha it was never gonna work cause Darcy is a bitch!!!” Yet he also doesn’t actually assign blame to either party, leaving Billy open to just as much blame. Jimmy knows Billy is too arrogant to see it that way though. So Jimmy gets in his dig but Billy still feels like he’s Donald Trump. Very smart actually. Go Jimmy! He’s a hustler.....going all the way back to the early days when he would disappear for days and “find every pimp hooker and drug dealer in atlanta in 24 hours.”

Old 05-05-2018, 11:45 PM   #48
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

His rationalizations are the best. “I was never in the room with her we only talked on the phone.” Right. If that text conversation happened in person, everything would have made total sense and Darcy would be happy being Steven Adler. Not being in the same room is the problem, not you Billy.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #49
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Yeah, I'm totally open to hearing Billy's side, but he says things that confirm what she said like the 'wasn't what she wanted it to be.' The offer for her wasn't what the fans wanted either, the fans wanted the entire original lineup back together.

He also isn't giving specifics about offering to meet her face to face, she did. I'm not necessarily saying Billy is lying, but D'arcy laid out a specific example of an idea to meet she proposed to him that could have been great for them to bond on a personal level without any nonsense like negotiating contracts. Billy hasn't described any of his ideas to meet in person. If he could describe his take on what D'arcy mentioned about her coming to a show on his solo tour, I'd be interested in that, but the way D'arcy described it, it seemed like Billy never offered to have to her come to a specific show, he expected her to look up his tour dates online or something.

I know for a fact D'arcy has not kept up with that kind of stuff in-depth in the last several years. Going on Alternative Nation the last few months is probably the most she's seen in a long time. During our interview she even asked me if John Frusciante was still in Red Hot Chili Peppers. She's just living her life.
I think the game-plan was to make D'arcy feel like she was involved... Keep her up to date, make her feel like she was a part of everything, and then make a proposition "for her own good". It's a typical huckster tactic. The idea is that this way she doesn't feel like she's being taken advantage of. When Billy heard she had a shoulder injury, it was the perfect opportunity to zone in and tell her the real proposition... "For her own good" of course.... D'arcy's too wise for that shit. She knew right away it was a con job.

What I don't understand is why Billy doesn't just roll the fucking dice and try it out with D'arcy.... If she implodes, then so be it... He's at where he is now, but with all the goodwill from the fans for appreciating his efforts in trying to make it work. Icing her out for fucking JACK BATES of all people isn't going to earn him any goodwill with his fans.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:54 PM   #50
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Also gotta love the Kurt Cobain clip where he’s still bitter that no other musicians liked him in the 90s and goes on convincing himelf that the reason he wasn’t cool is that he was just better than everyone else. LOLLLLLL. Right Billy. The only reason you’re not cool is that you’re the greatest human being ever and everyone else is a piece of shit. Seriously shut the fuck up. And are you really arguing that the New York music scene is lazy?? NYC is the most competitive and cut throat city on the planet for musicians where only the very best survive. THE REASON NO ONE LIKES YOU IS YOU’RE AN ARROGANT FUCKING DOUCHE. All of your peers have been telling you this since 1992. When are you just going to listen?

Old 05-06-2018, 03:25 AM   #51
panda show
Ownz

take a chill pill dude lol

Old 05-06-2018, 03:37 AM   #52
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar11920_8.gif

Old 05-06-2018, 04:00 AM   #53
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
When Billy heard she had a shoulder injury, it was the perfect opportunity to zone in and tell her the real proposition... "For her own good" of course.... D'arcy's too wise for that shit. She knew right away it was a con job.

Exactly.

Billy almost sounded disappointed when D'Arcy told him that there's no need for surgery.

>>>

https://i.imgur.com/pbwsyLI.png

Old 05-06-2018, 04:19 AM   #54
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4b View Post
Does Lars have a podcast now? Everyone wants to be Rogan now I guess. Where can you watch the whole thing?
One should have expected on iTunes to be even more of the interview of Lars Ulrich with Billy Corgan than on YouTube, but it isn't there at all.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:33 AM   #55
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Honest question:

If D'Arcy was physically and mentally able to play the bass and tour, do think Billy would pick someone else for this reunion? Taking in consideration it would probably be more lucrative with her.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:31 AM   #56
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

The way Billy treated her, he wanted D'arcy always only in for a small part. Otherwise he had shown more interest to meet her in the two years.

He didn't pick up James and D'arcy ten years ago, though it could have been more lucrative.
Now to him James seems to be necessary, to make the brand Smashing Pumpkins more successfull again.
But there could be other reasons too than to favour three guitarists, to still hold Jeff in the band...

Also strange are his busy activies on his next solo project in the middle of the comeback tour.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:02 AM   #57
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

But both of them confirmed they were invited 10 years ago.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:20 AM   #58
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I still think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I think Darcy is experiencing the same feelings Billy was after the breakup. Hatred, rancor, resentment... it didn't help back then and it didn't help this time again.

Billy couldn't trust D'arcy 100% with the whole reunion thing, but that made D'Arcy feel unimportant. It all went from "let's be a band again" to "focus on the tour" to "nothing", and in a very ugly way.

I was 100% with D'arcy until I read the text messages and the interview. I'm 50/50 now.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #59
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I could swear there was a thread with everthing that has been said in here before....

as for this tour being more lucrative with D'arcy - they do not have to pay Jack Bates nearly as much as an original member.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #60
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

And this cold be the reason why Jack Bates wants to quit the tour:

Not to be the uncomfortable argument for the beef between Billy and D'arcy, for the few bucks he would earn.
To have to deal for the rest of your live, when you're going to your favorite football/soccer club (Manchester City -or was it United?), with D'arcy Wretzky fans ranting at you for having destroyed their dream of a real reunion of the band.
By being a -nearly- better bass player than her...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-06-2018 at 09:33 AM.