Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Billy talks to Lars Ulrich about D'arcy

, “I spent two years before all [the conflict this year] trying to repair my relationship [with Wretzky], and every time I tried to get in a room with her … so I still haven’t been in a room with her for 19 years.”

“Only when it became obvious that it wasn’t the way she wanted it to be, it turned into this thing that turned very reminiscent of the past … People saw, releasing private messages.”

Old 05-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Lars: There's the white elephant in the room with D'Arcy. Do you wanna give your side of that story?

Billy: Nooooo.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

whose creepier, b0lly or lars?

Old 05-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #4
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
whose creepier, b0lly or lars?
who's the greater cunt: billy or lars?

all hail bands that fell from grace like no others did

Old 05-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #5
myosis
Minion of Satan

YOUR DADA

Old 05-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Billy talking doubletalk nonsense: "and every time I tried to get in a room with her"...

She invited him, he didn't and he hasn't visit her.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Billy: "The thing that keeps you on the rudder is the music and the fact that somehow when the three of us come together this magical thing happens that's bigger than me..."

1998:

"The other day I was doing an interview and the guy asked me 'why is it important for James and D'Arcy to still be in the band?'. And I said 'well, every song that I've ever written that means anything to me, James and D'Arcy were in the room...so...whatever that chemistry is...whatever dynamic we have...it's a magical thing and at this point we don't even question it'. I feel very strongly that D'Arcy really is the moral conscience of the band. I mean...D'Arcy is the strongest person in the band and James is probably the most sensitive. In between the two of them there's a polar axis that goes on that levels me out and I think pulls them in and out so it's pretty amazing."

Old 05-03-2018, 04:26 PM   #8
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

So Billy invited Darcy and she didn't want to meet cause it wasn't the way she wanted as I suspected.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #9
GLOWer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
So Billy invited Darcy and she didn't want to meet cause it wasn't the way she wanted as I suspected.
lmao this guy.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #10
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
LOL...he didn't say that. He didn't finish the sentence.

"and every time I tried to get in a room with her..."

Old 05-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #11
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
D'arcy didn't want to be the carrot after one and a half year talking about reuniting the band.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #12
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
What she wanted was perfectly reasonable.

She wanted to be the bass player of the band because she was the bass player of the band.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #13
RAWK
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
What she wanted was perfectly reasonable.

She wanted to be the bass player of the band because she was the bass player of the band.
Agreed. There's sides to the story I know. Both of them likely bent the truth, but the one thing I gather from the text messages was that D'arcy wanted to play and Billy wanted to replace her, but somehow weirdly still have her be part of the reunion. I know I wouldn't agree with that.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #14
FoolofaTook

http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar10105_4.gif

Old 05-03-2018, 04:35 PM   #15
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

"Reunion" talk:

Old 05-03-2018, 04:47 PM   #16
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Old 05-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #17
Try Try Give Up
Oblivious Virgin

It’s a shame for them and for us but they’re better off out of each other’s lives. This attempt at reconciliation only made them hate each other more.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #18
T&T
Socialphobic

Billy is an abusive dick willing to sit down with any loser.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:10 AM   #19
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Billy is so full of shit.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:56 AM   #20
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/AgFqyoQ.gif

https://j.gifs.com/yrx0WV.gif

Old 05-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #21
panda show
Ownz

I love lars's quiet little "wow" every once in a while to something billy says

Last edited by panda show : 05-04-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:30 AM   #22
slayed23
Ownz

It basically comes down to if you want to believe Billy or Darcy. There really is no proof either way.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #23
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
It basically comes down to if you want to believe Billy or Darcy. There really is no proof either way.
Uhhh what? D'arcy released the proof. She thought she was going to be part of the reunion and then Billy dropped the bomb regarding what he was actually planning.

Pretty black and white.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #24
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

It basically comes down to that Billy fooled D'arcy for nearly two years about his opinion of her being involved again in the Smashing Pumpkins. If you still want to tell it involved at all...

Old 05-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #25
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
It basically comes down to that Billy fooled D'arcy for nearly two years about his opinion of her being involved again in the Smashing Pumpkins. If you still want to tell it involved at all...
Totally agree. I choose to not believe either.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #26
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
I'm not so sure of that. In the end, this is a professional endeavor and if she provided what the band needs it would be so much better to have her there. Weren't the early talks about the split to be 22% for the other 3? That's not bad for a Billy-run band I would guess. It could be that those 2 years proved she was not quite up to par. She invited him to a farm in Michigan and he didn't come out. That's fair to point out that he didn't try from that perspective. But isn't this story from the band that she was invited to LA (a little more conducive to band meetings than rural Michigan) and she never came out either? That's a red flag. Being asked to come out then giving a shoulder injury reason/excuse is also a red flag. If you were on a sports team you'd be cut. There was another text where there was deep discussion about meeting and D'arcy replied something to the effect "My mom is in the room and I don't want to be disrespectful so I'll get back to you later." That's nice but mom won't mind if you take a multi-million dollar phone call. So after 2 years of evaluation it came down to "come out and play 2 or 5 songs." I think that was a cautious and calculated tactic to evaluate her in person. She scoffed at that and has every right o do so, but it could also be the proving ground to say, "See asshole! I can still play fucking bass and show up on time. I'm not walking out on stage high on crack and anti-depressants and clucking like a chicken. Dick." Some say it was an empty invite on Billy's part, but there isn't proof or proof of my narrative either - just inferences.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:58 PM   #27
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
I'm not so sure of that. In the end, this is a professional endeavor and if she provided what the band needs it would be so much better to have her there. Weren't the early talks about the split to be 22% for the other 3? That's not bad for a Billy-run band I would guess. It could be that those 2 years proved she was not quite up to par. She invited him to a farm in Michigan and he didn't come out. That's fair to point out that he didn't try from that perspective. But isn't this story from the band that she was invited to LA (a little more conducive to band meetings than rural Michigan) and she never came out either? That's a red flag. Being asked to come out then giving a shoulder injury reason/excuse is also a red flag. If you were on a sports team you'd be cut. There was another text where there was deep discussion about meeting and D'arcy replied something to the effect "My mom is in the room and I don't want to be disrespectful so I'll get back to you later." That's nice but mom won't mind if you take a multi-million dollar phone call. So after 2 years of evaluation it came down to "come out and play 2 or 5 songs." I think that was a cautious and calculated tactic to evaluate her in person. She scoffed at that and has every right o do so, but it could also be the proving ground to say, "See asshole! I can still play fucking bass and show up on time. I'm not walking out on stage high on crack and anti-depressants and clucking like a chicken. Dick." Some say it was an empty invite on Billy's part, but there isn't proof or proof of my narrative either - just inferences.
It is visible by the text messages that they hadn't invited D'arcy to the recording sessions in January. She had to notice it like us on Instagram. She then told that she couldn't come because of her shoulder injury.

Also strange that there was only talk between her and Billy, no response from James later. Jimmy had talked about her involvement a year ago in an interview, but hasn't spoken to her for 19 years.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #28
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

"For me being in a band is like being in a family'.

Considering what we know about his early family life, this actually makes a lot of sense.

All the bullshit aside it really sounds like it came down to "Billy wanted to do this big gigantic massive comeback tour and D'Arcy wanted to start slow and maybe do clubs" To him it's a business, to her it's a band, and that's the end of it.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #29
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

to boldly fall from grace like no man has fell from grace before

Old 05-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #30
FoolofaTook

lars loves motorhead.

billy loves sabbath.

what happened???