Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2015, 10:24 PM   #61
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
there are also legit questions about the methodology in that metastudy

for example http://www.marksdailyapple.com/are-s...#axzz3P1gXPTjt

i do think it is likely they are useless for most people including myself tho
My dr told me that taking them in pill form is useless because you just poop most of the tablets out without it having a chance to absorb. I can't take B complex because it ramps up my anxiety. The only thing I've ever seen truly work for me was magnesium. It took away my restless leg syndrome and charlie horses.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:51 PM   #62
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i may stop taking my multivitamin tbh, it does seem like there is no evidence

fish oil, all i can say is for me personally my triglecerides went down by 30% when i got tested 12 months after starting them, and my diet got much worse. im hoping its even better when i get tested soon because my diet has really improved in the past couple months. veggies nom nom

probiotics and getting my anxiety under control cured my IBS. it may be psychosomatic, but when i stop taking them for a few days i get bad symptoms again.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:08 PM   #63
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Well definitely anxiety is proven to be linked to IBS. it's proven that most people with ibs benefit from taking anti anxiety meds. Personally i've found that i could not deal with cereal fibers anymore. Doesn't matter which, it's very bound to give me cramps and problems in general. Well maybe not in very moderate amounts but i'd rather not risk it so i kinda had to give up on them which sucks because i consumed cereal in large amounts most of my life. Since without cereal fiber though i'm bound to get constipated, ive increased my intake of vegetables and fruits. These do not give me trouble. I mean yeah like i can eat bread but it'll have to be white. The last time i had bad cramps anyway was three weeks ago and i ate some popcorn...lots of cereal fibers. Bad.

I mean i pretty much suffered for 3 full years, my IBS had gotten really bad to the point i was constantly worried about having something worse (cancer). But since i stopped cereal fibers, it's been pretty much smooth sailing (dieting has helped too because it means less to digest and process through the intestines) I also have increased exercize (well aside form in the past month cause weather) and i drink more water than i ever used to (it is kinda freakish or little i drink in a day if i dont consciously tell myself to, i have this system, or rather habit now, that whenever i go pee, i drink a glass of water, always ensuring a constant..flow. It's become pavlovian to the extent i dont have to think about it. Piss. drink. piss. drink. Because weirdly enough i could before go like 14 horus with liquid and not even feel thirsty. I remember days i'd been up for like 8 horus and realise oh, i havent drank anything yet...it's weird...the only way my body will tell me is by giving me a headache.)

Of course high levels of stress or anxiety do cause problems still...but with more exercize and a better diet, i also feel better mentally. I sleep better for one, which is often a big source of stress for me, insomnia. Lack of sleep is like opening the floodates to my anxiety. Give me less than a 3 hours night and i'm pretty much guaranteed high anxiety or panic attack.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:08 AM   #64
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

God damn your posts are too long

Old 01-17-2015, 12:31 AM   #65
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

I take multi vitamin am i going to die

Old 01-17-2015, 12:42 AM   #66
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Well definitely anxiety is proven to be linked to IBS. it's proven that most people with ibs benefit from taking anti anxiety meds. Personally i've found that i could not deal with cereal fibers anymore. Doesn't matter which, it's very bound to give me cramps and problems in general. Well maybe not in very moderate amounts but i'd rather not risk it so i kinda had to give up on them which sucks because i consumed cereal in large amounts most of my life. Since without cereal fiber though i'm bound to get constipated, ive increased my intake of vegetables and fruits. These do not give me trouble. I mean yeah like i can eat bread but it'll have to be white. The last time i had bad cramps anyway was three weeks ago and i ate some popcorn...lots of cereal fibers. Bad.

I mean i pretty much suffered for 3 full years, my IBS had gotten really bad to the point i was constantly worried about having something worse (cancer). But since i stopped cereal fibers, it's been pretty much smooth sailing (dieting has helped too because it means less to digest and process through the intestines) I also have increased exercize (well aside form in the past month cause weather) and i drink more water than i ever used to (it is kinda freakish or little i drink in a day if i dont consciously tell myself to, i have this system, or rather habit now, that whenever i go pee, i drink a glass of water, always ensuring a constant..flow. It's become pavlovian to the extent i dont have to think about it. Piss. drink. piss. drink. Because weirdly enough i could before go like 14 horus with liquid and not even feel thirsty. I remember days i'd been up for like 8 horus and realise oh, i havent drank anything yet...it's weird...the only way my body will tell me is by giving me a headache.)

Of course high levels of stress or anxiety do cause problems still...but with more exercize and a better diet, i also feel better mentally. I sleep better for one, which is often a big source of stress for me, insomnia. Lack of sleep is like opening the floodates to my anxiety. Give me less than a 3 hours night and i'm pretty much guaranteed high anxiety or panic attack.
dude relax

Old 01-17-2015, 12:44 AM   #67
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

All I need's a little bit of that new jack swing, some Orange juice & I am good 2 roll

Old 01-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #68
Anthony_Kiedis
Pledge

I do some health stuff, yea. I can't play unless I stretch and I'm a terrible stretcher. I take lots of ginseng and crazy Chinese herbs and gecko tails and so forth.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #69
Anthony_Kiedis
Pledge

Acupuncture is the generation of nerves, which is the generation of life.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #70
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

http://us.cdn291.fansshare.com/pictu...1256042230.jpg

Old 01-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #71
slunken
Virgo

first born unicorn

Old 01-17-2015, 11:38 PM   #72
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
qt

Old 01-11-2016, 01:21 AM   #73
Versac
Oblivious Virgin

that's my old friend quasimodo

Old 01-11-2016, 05:08 AM   #74
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

water

Old 01-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #75
FoolofaTook

hotdamn! I read this thread and now my boss will probably see that I have been viewing all sorts of strange and disturbing images, abominations and whatnots.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:56 PM   #76
Elphenor
Braindead

you have a job?

Old 01-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #77
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Everybody in this thread is fuckin jackt af now.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #78
FoolofaTook

kinda. a quarter job. I wash dishes at the soup kitchen for a couple of hours a day. It is very exhausting and demanding. It requires me to do absolutely nothing for the remaining 22 hours of the day.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #79
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i typed in "nigger vitamins"
Any context?

Old 08-24-2017, 11:49 PM   #80
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
I hate to think what federal agencies flagged you for whatever you entered into google to find that picture

Old 08-24-2017, 11:50 PM   #81
slunken
Virgo

http://www.thestandnyc.com/wp-conten...015/11/ljg.jpg

Old 08-24-2017, 11:59 PM   #82
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
haha i still love this scene. i want to watch this movie now. it's one of my all-time favorites.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #83
yo soy el mejor

spanglish, a league of their own, milo and otis, and a streetcar named desire are also on the list but i haven't quite ranked them. they share things in common like intimacy and nostalgia, but maybe that's it.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:08 AM   #84
yo soy el mejor

oh god i forgot grease

Old 08-25-2017, 09:16 AM   #85
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
It's as if you exude creep from your pores

Old 08-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #86
MyOneAndOnly