Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-07-2018, 11:46 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
man, go fuck yourself you pig
Just one mans opinion, given in the utmost respectful manner.

I respect the mods reasoning... None of my business, it isn't my online domain. But you know, you look at the people who have been banned in recent memory and it's been a lot of people who have helped build this place from the ground up.

That's definitely gonna play a role in the decrease of worthwhile content... So I mean, is it a kinder environment now? Of course. And if that is the operative, then I'd say it's been a success.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:50 PM   #32
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Just one mans opinion given in the utmost respectful manner.

I respect the mods reasoning... None of my business, it isn't my online domain. But you know, you look at the people who have been banned in recent memory and it's been a lot of people who have helped build this place from the ground up.

That's definitely gonna play a role in the decrease of worthwhile content... So I mean, is it a kinder environment now? Of course. And if that is the operative, then I'd say it's been a success.
i've never seen anyone go so far out of their way to apologize and stick up for morally terrible people. you need help

Old 05-07-2018, 11:54 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

??

I don't really wanna bring up specific cases, cause I know the mods don't like that, but you know, I'm not only talking about the conservative or the truth movement folks. I think losing the fellow that you always got into it with hurt the ultimate health of the forum.

Sure, dude was being a dick, and certainly a banning was justified, but I mean, where does that leave the health of the board?

People complain about all of these members, but once they're banned and ousted, the ones who were complaining disappear into the woods when you'd figure that they'd now feel comfortable and contribute more, but they don't.

It's like after I was banned, I don't think I've seen forum traffic so low for the 2 weeks or however long it was. An odd thought crossed my mind during that time, I started to think that it's imperative that Netphoria has a few whipping boys to go at it with, otherwise the whole thing collapses in on itself. I honestly think there's truth in that.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:19 AM   #34
FoolofaTook

i made two friends yesterday. the first was a fat dog who let me pet him then went back to sleep. the second was a little dog who got excited and followed me down several roads. he was friendly.

i have also eaten cevape twice in my three days in bosnia.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:05 AM   #35
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Default cursed user avatar thread

http://i68.tinypic.com/2hhzjti.jpg

Old 05-08-2018, 01:19 AM   #36
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
i mean, how? Do we all just make a pact to leave and never come back?
Wouldn’t work. Someone would come back for a peek.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #37
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
everybody keeps making excuses for it but tbqh i don't think the board's ever been this bad, not in the last 4-5 years at least
it's been this bad before

and I also heard you say that before

you never know when it's actually done though, but mostly the traffic miraculously comes back

Old 05-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #38
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
we're too busy being sad

and listening to 17 seconds
You actually just described my evening a few nights ago

Old 05-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #39
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

How often do you have to repeat 17 in order to have a full night's listening pleasure though

And would it still be 'pleasure'

Old 05-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #40
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Early Cure isn't the kind of material I'd put on repeat or anything, though going through 17 seconds gives a nice wistful feeling. I enjoy it. It's short, it's the depression that lasts through the evening - and after!

Old 05-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #41
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

A girl killed herself after listening to Faith repeatedly back in the 80s. Painful record, that.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #42
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Ah good, i was thinking of that thing at the very end of the cd version of adore

Old 05-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #43
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i'm not here very much because i'm quite busy and the weather is nice. <3 most of you, though

Old 05-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #44
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Ah good, i was thinking of that thing at the very end of the cd version of adore
Oh yeah, that. Almost forgot about that.

Ram which one were you talking about

Old 05-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #45
redbreegull

Quote:
??

I don't really wanna bring up specific cases, cause I know the mods don't like that, but you know, I'm not only talking about the conservative or the truth movement folks. I think losing the fellow that you always got into it with hurt the ultimate health of the forum.
I have finally accepted that there is no way to argue with you productively because you purposely dismiss the factual bounds of reality so you can feel like you are right even when you are telling us the sky is orange and grass is purple, which is a pretty disturbing but common trend on the right these days. But you go on and on about how liberals are going crazy and all this bullshit, but it's because you reject real knowledge and just write a convenient version of history for your ego. Liberals in the US were more liberal in the fuckin 1930s in a lot of ways than they are today. YOU are the one who keeps spinning that racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, Islamophobia etc. are legitimate view points and it's all just a difference of opinion. It's not. Dehumanizing people is not a difference of opinion. YOU on the right are the ones who are losing your fucking minds, disposing of any semblance or illusion of decency in our society, normalizing everything from religious tests for refugees to outright Nazism.

So no one wants to hear about how your evil Nazi friend TOC is a wrongfully maligned "conservative" or "truther" or any other inane bullshit. Hate is hate, racism is racism, fascism is fascism. You are a fascist, and fuck you.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #46
redbreegull

If you really think we need you as a whipping boy, consider this a stimulus package for the board's economy

Old 05-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #47
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

To be fair, he's right about that aspect. This place does need at least one person to dump on.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #48
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

And it can't always be Took.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:34 PM   #49
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I have finally accepted that there is no way to argue with you productively because you purposely dismiss the factual bounds of reality so you can feel like you are right even when you are telling us the sky is orange and grass is purple, which is a pretty disturbing but common trend on the right these days. But you go on and on about how liberals are going crazy and all this bullshit, but it's because you reject real knowledge and just write a convenient version of history for your ego. Liberals in the US were more liberal in the fuckin 1930s in a lot of ways than they are today. YOU are the one who keeps spinning that racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, Islamophobia etc. are legitimate view points and it's all just a difference of opinion. It's not. Dehumanizing people is not a difference of opinion. YOU on the right are the ones who are losing your fucking minds, disposing of any semblance or illusion of decency in our society, normalizing everything from religious tests for refugees to outright Nazism.

So no one wants to hear about how your evil Nazi friend TOC is a wrongfully maligned "conservative" or "truther" or any other inane bullshit. Hate is hate, racism is racism, fascism is fascism. You are a fascist, and fuck you.
Liberals are dying in momentum, it's the truth.

Paul Joseph Watson did a report on how the right wing counter-culture is now the real punk rock and he makes a strong case. If you look at his numbers, he's surging with the 18-34 demographic whereas these left-wing talking heads are only big with the 60 year olds.

I thought Watson made a real interesting point here, and I want you to check it out. They show a clip of Johnny Rotten talking about how Brexit and Donald Trump are the new punk-rock... And I mean, you definitely can't argue punk with Johnny Rotten.

I politely ask PavementTune not to delete this, as I think it makes a real strong point. He takes a minute to begin the punk-rock speech.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 05-08-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:37 PM   #50
redbreegull

did you sustain a severe head injury as a child

Old 05-08-2018, 11:47 PM   #51
Elphenor
Braindead

the right controls every level of government (in the US)

counter culture?

we barely have a left wing at all

Old 05-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #52
redbreegull

the US has a strong left, it's just directionless and has been disenfranchised and underrepresented in government by cheating republicans

Old 05-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #53
fuzzyroes
Banned

He means conservatism as a counter culture, not the old Right-wing establishment like Mitch McConnel. There's definitely been a paradigm shift within conservative culture and the Republican party.

The left-wing dominates and dictates all counter-culture and they're losing their grip on it. Their only card is identity politics. It's stale and the people have had enough.

Alex Jones and even Fox News dwarfs the viewership that popular liberal news organizations like CNN and MSNBC get. There's a movement going on.

I really think I'm gonna be on the right side of history with this.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:53 PM   #54
fuzzyroes
Banned

When you have people Rossane Barr and Kanye West coming out in support of the movement, you can tell that the floodgates are about to open. Hell, the proof should be in Donald Trump becoming president.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #55
fuzzyroes
Banned

Watch that video Elphy. I was saying this the other day. Left-Wing culture is about as establishment as it gets. The Right is the new punk-rock.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:56 PM   #56
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
the US has a strong left, it's just directionless and has been disenfranchised and underrepresented in government by cheating republicans
our left is basically common sense centrist though wouldn't you agree

which is why the Overton Window in the US defines anything that benefits working people as kinda radical

see: Universal Healthcare

Old 05-09-2018, 12:02 AM   #57
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Watch that video Elphy. I was saying this the other day. Left-Wing culture is about as establishment as it gets. The Right is the new punk-rock.
you don't even like punk rock

Old 05-09-2018, 12:08 AM   #58
Elphenor
Braindead

college kids would rather not have stupid racists be invited to speak at the institutions of learning they paid their left nut in loans to go to and it's like omg so leftist

Old 05-09-2018, 12:08 AM   #59
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
our left is basically common sense centrist though wouldn't you agree

which is why the Overton Window in the US defines anything that benefits working people as kinda radical

see: Universal Healthcare
kind of, yes. depends exactly how you are defining these terms. on many social issues it seems like the US is left of almost anyone, but economically it has been a deeply right wing nation since Kennedy sold out Roosevelt liberalism for tax cuts which have slowly sent the US into unbelievable debt and economic stratification

Old 05-09-2018, 12:28 AM   #60
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:

Alex Jones and even Fox News dwarfs the viewership that popular liberal news organizations like CNN and MSNBC get. There's a movement going on.
lol this is a gem I almost missed

Fox News has dwarfed CNN and MSNBC in viewership pretty much always

just like talk radio is dominated by the right

the average age of the people who watch Fox News is also 60+