Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #1
fuzzyroes
Banned

Default New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle documentary

Theres a great new Ninja turtle documentary out called "Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".

It's absolutely fantastic. It gives in depth features on the early days of the comic book, the beginning of the cartoon/toy line and a bunch of interesting info about the Movie.

Even if your not a turtles fan it makes for an entertaining view.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
fuzzyroes
Banned

it's on demand from most cable providers. I was bored last night with little money and was scanning thru the documentaries section and it caught my eye so I decided to watch it. It gives you a real in depth look at the behind the scenes creativity that went into the franchise. Jim Henson was responsible for coming up with the creatures in the movie and it gave a behind the scenes look at how the masks worked and everything. It was pretty cool.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
fuzzyroes
Banned

Pointless fact that I did not know before watching the doc: Uncle Phil from The Fresh Pricne of Bel-Air was the voice of Shredder on the TMNT cartoons. Who knew?

Old 10-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
Order 66
Socialphobic

best thing to come from ninja turtles is nigga turtles

Old 10-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

its on netlfix. been meaning to chekc it out

Old 10-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #6
fuzzyroes
Banned

You should man, It's a good view.

Everyone knows that the Turtles started as an underground comic book... But they then got picked up by a toy company (Playmates) and they figured the characters would make a great action figure line. They decided to create a show to act as a promotion for the action figures and low and behold the show turned into a major success. It was originally supposed to be a 5 episode run used solely to sell the toys.

The TMNT action figures of the time really were top-notch. The detail and creativity in them is just superb.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
best thing to come from ninja turtles is nigga turtles

A condom is what you should be wearin' on yo half-shell, nigga!

Old 10-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #8
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Uncle Phil from The Fresh Pricne of Bel-Air was the voice of Shredder on the TMNT cartoons. Who knew?
Uncle Phil was played by Suge Knight, right?

Old 10-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #9
Catherine Wheel
Banned

You guys like Power Rangers and Thundercats? Fuzzy's threads are soaked in nostalgia.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
Kahlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
You guys like Power Rangers and Thundercats? Fuzzy's threads are soaked in nostalgia.
You are just jealous he made it before you did.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

At least TMNT started with credibility. Power rangers and Thundercats only wish they were in the same league (though if you judge tv shows against tv shows, yeah they're all retarded)

Old 10-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #12
christian zombie vampires
Apocalyptic Poster

i watched this, it was awesome. it was the only graphic novel i had as a kid but i knew it by heart. it was great to see how it was made by a small gang of poor nerdy friends in a stinky room and fascinating to see what happened after they all got rich instantly.

i'm glad they touched on the video games and mentioned how TMNT 1 was a disaster but i was hoping there would be some in-depth investigation into how that game got made, preferably revealing how the level designers all ended up divorced, bankrupt, addicted to heroin, contracting aids and then getting attacked by bears.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

My favourite was always Leonardo.

From that time I recall my friend Jake claiming that if he were in a fight against me and our friend Nick, and Jake was armed with a Donatello-type pole, while Nick and I were armed with samurai swords, he would still beat us. "I'd be too quick for you." AS FUCKING IF.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #14
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Sorry, it's still a sore point.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #15
Apocalyptic Poster

also that shit about the tour with michael ian black was unbelievable and i had no idea it existed. my friend had a VHS of it and i remember watching it and laughing at how unbelievably lame it was and being totally convinced it was some kind of mini-movie and no way it could have been an actual live event with tickets. let alone a tour that went to mexico!

Old 10-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
Apocalyptic Poster

at some point i was converted from a mike fan to a raph fan
it was very interesting to see how jim henson was only grudgingly involved because it was violent and ended up being probably the only thing he was involved with with violence. and of course kevin clash was awesome.

the biggest and most hilarious plot hole of the whole thing was always the whole concept of the foot clan. hundreds of teenage guys hanging out in a giant underground warehouse being trained in fatal deadly martial arts, with their own arcade! clearly written by people who had an intimate understanding of gang culture

Old 10-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #17
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

What kind of lame-o is a Leo fan? Camon.

Obnoxious people are Mike fans.

I used to be a Raph fan, i had his figure and even a shirt (shut up) as a kid but really he's just some guy with anger management problems. I mean i like that he's the rebel but he's got issues.

The only logical choice is Donatello even if i'm not the clever kind of nerd. My brother was a Donatello guy. he's the clever kind of nerd.

Also weapons wise I like Donatello best. Certainly I believe the fact that Raph and Leo have sharp weapons is probably partly why in the cartoon the foot clan were robots. It's hard to use those kinds of weapons and not make your opponents bleed, nevermind kill them. I mean in the 90's TMNT films they pretty much just wielded the weapons but only kicked and punched

Old 10-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #18
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian zombie vampires View Post
also that shit about the tour with michael ian black was unbelievable and i had no idea it existed. my friend had a VHS of it and i remember watching it and laughing at how unbelievably lame it was and being totally convinced it was some kind of mini-movie and no way it could have been an actual live event with tickets. let alone a tour that went to mexico!
Haha yeah, that shits hilarious. Heres a funny review on the tourhttp://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0746/

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0746/7.jpghttp://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0746/12.jpg

Just look at how shitty the Splinter looked that they were using for the tour:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0746/8.jpg

Old 10-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #19
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You should man, It's a good view.
stop recommending shit.