fuckin' losers!

Old 06-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #302
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

A comment on YouTube:

Quote:
Max Derrat
1 day ago (edited)
I'm not entirely sure what the hell is going on, but I think I can provide some insight into a couple of things. Notice what Billy's wearing. His black sweater and silver skirt are reminiscent of the black zero shirt and silver pants he wore back in the Mellon Collie days. However, instead of the word "Zero", the word has become the number and it is hanging around his neck like a dog's collar. The three girls leading him around with the chain seem to symbolize how he is held down to that image. When he tries to break free of it, it's like him trying to break free of the past and find new creative ground. He walks around outside and sees people that might as well be faux Pumpkins fans looking at him wondering "what is he doing outside of where we expected him to be"? Ultimately, despite him being free, he ultimately finds himself back where he started, imprisoned by the past, and it is a never ending cycle.

Still trying to figure out what those wrestlers are and the guy spitting blood. Maybe a commentary on how musical corporatism has dictated Corgan's path and he wants to break free of that?

Old 06-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #303
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
You’re just a pussy bro.
Bro. You really slammed it to me bro. I'm crying tears of HGH in my monster drink bro. That ain't even right bro. Why'd you got 2 clown me like that bro?

Old 06-30-2018, 12:14 PM   #304
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
ya'll don't have 400 posts... combined.

fuckin' losers!
I shoved 400 posts up your father's cunt

Old 06-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #305
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvase View Post
What kind of posts?

Old 06-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #306
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Bro. You really slammed it to me bro. I'm crying tears of HGH in my monster drink bro. That ain't even right bro. Why'd you got 2 clown me like that bro?
I just don’t understand your mentality. Others too. Maybe Billy should be embarrassed. Not me though.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #307
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Red face

Quote:

Old 06-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #308
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

It's just a video. They put a lot of effort into it, I guess we can say that.

But the actual song I find disappointing. The guitars sound a bit hard tonally for my liking, Jimmy's drumming is odd - it's almost like he's trying to lift the song by playing out of his skin because he knows the body of the music is nothing special.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #309
FoolofaTook

how do you feel about iha's guitar?

Old 06-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #310
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
how do you feel about iha's guitar?
I'm not sure I can even make it out.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:28 PM   #311
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
What do you mean by you are embarrassed? If your favorite band puts out something you don’t like, what the fuck is there to be EMBARRASSED about??? You didn’t make the song or video. Are you that insecure that people would think less of YOU for liking a past great band that now sucks?
Yes I am actually. Because I live in the reality of being a social human being in the world. And in this world people make quick judgments about you based on the music you like in the same way they make quick judgments about you based on your appearance.

It’s not because the world is shallow and people suck. And that’s not to say I dictate my whole life on the perception of others. It’s just to say that it’s merely a fact that when people meet you the only information they have about you is little, surface level things like that. So if you want to be cool and have friends, it makes sense to pay attention to those little things.

And this point saying you’re a smashing pumpkins fan is like dropping a giant turd in the punch bowl. So I’m embarassed to do that.

Asshole.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:31 PM   #312
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_doom View Post
Thanks johncq. You'll never go on my ignore list. And I actually liked your old avatar before you were shamed into changing it.
Thanks. I succumbed to peer pressure though. I like this avatar better anyway. lol

Old 06-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #313
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Q: Do you feel that had this been released in tandem with the song - ie: rather than the song, then the video - you would have liked it more? Less? The same?

Wonder why they staggered the two.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #314
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
Well, Buttpope is an actual retard, so he goes along pretty well with the other Netphoria mods.
other mods?

how is the fan fiction going btw, do you have any more made up stories? I'd like to hear more news on myself

Old 06-30-2018, 01:57 PM   #315
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

del

Old 06-30-2018, 01:59 PM   #316
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whir34 View Post
"Basic" humans don't get finance degrees.

plenty do

Old 06-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #317
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

This thread is the most enjoyable Netpho has been in a while

Old 06-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #318
CherryRay
Pledge

Dislike the song, dislike the video. I'm pretty sure it is what it is because Billy wanted a basic utilitarian tune to go for the lowest common denominator. The worst part of it, as far as I'm concerned is Jimmy's drumming, I presume Billy told him to dum it down during the main bits but kiiind of let rip in other places. But he just reuses that awful stilted fill he used in Stars, it's pretty fucking embarrassing frankly, and if it wasn't intentional then that's miles worse. As far as the video goes, cheap amateurish shite that actually makes Billy look like an extra...and a lumpen geriatric one at that! He needs to stop poppin' pills and hit a fuckin' gym!

Old 06-30-2018, 03:06 PM   #319
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
Well, Buttpope is an actual retard, so he goes along pretty well with the other Netphoria mods.
Mods please ban for hate speech

Old 06-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #320
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

And please close this shit thread. Too many finance degree holding posters in it

Old 06-30-2018, 03:08 PM   #321
WakaFlocka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryRay View Post
He needs to stop poppin' pills and hit a fuckin' gym!
preach!

i suppose he'd rather admire the bodies of all those wrestling guys instead

Old 06-30-2018, 03:27 PM   #322
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Pope View Post
And please close this shit board

Old 06-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #323
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Q: Do you feel that had this been released in tandem with the song - ie: rather than the song, then the video - you would have liked it more? Less? The same?

Wonder why they staggered the two.
The song's OK, I don't think I'd have actually heard it had been released first as the vid, i think I'd be listening with my eyes

lol at people slating the Jimster's playing.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #324
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Are you pleased with the fan reaction to Solara ?

Let’s say I’m acutely aware of what the fans wanted to hear and I know that for most of them Solara isn’t it. If you ask a Smashing Pumpkins fan what their favorite song is it’s going to be Geek or Ruby or, you know, Real Love from Machina 2.. something like that, but the song that introduced them to the band would’ve been something more straightforward like Today. There’s going to be songs for the fans but Solara is more of a Today or Bullet [with butterfly wings].

It’s introducing a new generation to the Smashing Pumpkins

I hope so! We consciously tried to make the song and video as straightforward as possible. We could’ve gone with an 8 minute epic that the fans would’ve loved but then what? And we didn’t want to be compromised.. betwixt, trying to please everyone here. It’s really aimed at, and I don’t mean this as an insult at all, your basic human. Someone who might not be very informed or interested in music or film, who’s going to watch the video and think “wow” and write a description of the video online and feel good, feel like they’ve made and shared some unique insights. It’s for the average Joe or perhaps works in a call centre or has a degree in finance or voted for Hillary. It’s the first step and I hope it wakes a few people up and if you ask them in a years time what their favorite song is they’ll say Geek or Ruby or Seek and You Shall Destroy.
Little bit about the song and video from Trashbat dot cock this morning

Old 06-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #325
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

So it's not for us, then.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #326
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
Fake interview bits are the best “fresh” Netphoria bit in years

Speaking of that, I wanted to see how long I’ve been on here and can’t remember my old handle for the life of me

I guess that’s good tho, knowing is probably a bad idea

Old 06-30-2018, 04:29 PM   #327
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Yes I am actually. Because I live in the reality of being a social human being in the world. And in this world people make quick judgments about you based on the music you like in the same way they make quick judgments about you based on your appearance.

It’s not because the world is shallow and people suck. And that’s not to say I dictate my whole life on the perception of others. It’s just to say that it’s merely a fact that when people meet you the only information they have about you is little, surface level things like that. So if you want to be cool and have friends, it makes sense to pay attention to those little things.

And this point saying you’re a smashing pumpkins fan is like dropping a giant turd in the punch bowl. So I’m embarassed to do that.

Asshole.
But you DON'T like the song or video... With your logic, it would be more embarrassing if you did like it.

Millions upon millions of people liked 90s Pumpkins. Are all of them embarrassed?

2nd, you need to realize that no one TRULY gives a shit about the music you do like. Yeah, people might make fun of it in fun, but you can do it back to them for some of the shit they listen to. It's all in fun. I don't mean to criticize you guys, but I think your self perception / esteem is a bit off.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #328
CherryRay
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
Pretty much what I was guessing at. But will it work? Time will tell personally, I don't think so. Pity, they went at it too deliberately.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #329
slunken
Virgo

https://i.imgur.com/kNGVSDPl.png
https://i.imgur.com/U1xVLPfl.png

Old 06-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #330
slunken
Virgo

Dear Red, If you're reading this, you've gotten out. And if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further. You remember the name of the town, don't you? I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels. I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready. Remember, Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well. Your friend, Billy.