Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2018, 09:55 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Devi said something offhanded on Netphoria about him not using or paying for the pedal she custom made for him. He responded publically on twitter:

and privately:

Devi is a transwoman. Keep that in mind when you read "he/she" and "if you still have enough balls..." "sad creation" etc
Jeeze... I forgot how publicly harsh he really was. I'd figure in that day and age that the public would absolutely torch him for saying shit like that. I guess in that regard, he was lucky he was flying so under the radar. If he said shit like that after his current resurgence, he'd be finished.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:39 PM   #32
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Netpho slayed computers back in that era

Was pretty fucking ridiculous

Old 07-06-2018, 12:01 AM   #33
WakaFlocka
Banned

I've always thought since the machina days that one of his sole issues was reading things online about himself.. this is really where all the talk about "the britneys and the n'syncs" jargon started.. this is why we romanticize the golden era so much is because he wasn't reading message boards, he was chilling in a huge purple victorian home with a piano and ovation acoustic guitar and creating great music.

Those are comments to Devi were indeed harsh, but when I read that it also just seems very indicative of how much things have changed in just the past 7 or 8 years. Not to excuse his lashing out with such offensive language, but 2018 Billy would never send someone that type of message online knowing it would be shared among the fans. I can respect someone's opinion if they don't "agree" with transgender lifestyles but no one can respect this amount of hatred spewed even in a moment of rage, especially over a stupid fucking guitar pedal ffs.

Funny thing too is that's not even the first threat message I've seen from Billy to a fan or otherwise. He sure enjoys tossing empty lawsuit threats that he's too lazy to follow through on, and being a piece of shit with the whole "you'll never work in this industry again!!" mentality, yuck.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #34
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

reprise85, that's not really the full story.

Granted, Billy's remarks (on Twitter iirc) were a really bad idea and aggressive. They did have some personal relationship though, we don't know exactly what was said / promised, it blew up publicly and got ugly.

As regards the highlighted phrases / words: the "balls" comment could be interpreted as referring to devi's status, if you feel so inclined but it's a common term. The other two are clear references to her identity. Billy could (should) have retorted without the slurs, clearly his tweets were fired off in anger, which is what social media does. People say shitty stuff they don't necessarily mean in the heat of the moment. Is Billy a transphobe? I don't know him at all, so I honestly don't know. I've said crappy stuff to people in anger that I wish seconds later I could take back and instantly felt ashamed at. I feel inclined to give Billy a pass on this. His comments weren't in private, but in public, so he gets to be judged.

Once devi didn't get the pedal deal her tone on here did a 180. She went from being a big Billy cheerleader to talking shit about him. These were not "offhanded" innocent comments. She was spiteful, I remember it very well. The attention-seeking victim video on YouTube showed what she was like, so I have little sympathy tbh.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #35
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

To the OP: Owata a low point? Nah. The video was, frankly not great but compared to others it was merely meh, not actually shite. The song, well I thought the original arrangement was excellent. Unfortunately it regressed in later versions and got mangled in the studio.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #36
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

D'arcy:

"People said that Billy had changed. He has.

He's a liar now as well as an incredibly hateful, abusive person."

Old 07-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #37
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I can respect someone's opinion if they don't "agree" with transgender lifestyles...
so you respect disrespect?

Old 07-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #38
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive View Post
reprise85, that's not really the full story.

Granted, Billy's remarks (on Twitter iirc) were a really bad idea and aggressive. They did have some personal relationship though, we don't know exactly what was said / promised, it blew up publicly and got ugly.

As regards the highlighted phrases / words: the "balls" comment could be interpreted as referring to devi's status, if you feel so inclined but it's a common term. The other two are clear references to her identity. Billy could (should) have retorted without the slurs, clearly his tweets were fired off in anger, which is what social media does. People say shitty stuff they don't necessarily mean in the heat of the moment. Is Billy a transphobe? I don't know him at all, so I honestly don't know. I've said crappy stuff to people in anger that I wish seconds later I could take back and instantly felt ashamed at. I feel inclined to give Billy a pass on this. His comments weren't in private, but in public, so he gets to be judged.

Once devi didn't get the pedal deal her tone on here did a 180. She went from being a big Billy cheerleader to talking shit about him. These were not "offhanded" innocent comments. She was spiteful, I remember it very well. The attention-seeking victim video on YouTube showed what she was like, so I have little sympathy tbh.
I disagree that the "balls" comment was innocent and just him using a common phrase. "Still have" the balls is not the normal phrase, and he had already called her a he/she.

Yeah Devi was also a jerk, but I don't care about her. Whether Billy is a transphobe or not, he deliberately attacked her status to emotionally hurt her as much as possible.

I also doubt she really did a 180. Most of us defended Billy for varying amount of times until the weight of everything suddenly made us snap. It's like the republicans "suddenly" declaring Trump is poison - lots of things added up until they finally couldn't deny it anymore. For me it was that rolling stone interview where he said he fired Jimmy and the white van comment, and that he could astral project to Ashley Simpson's house, etc. Which, if I recall correctly, was just before this Devi Ever shit happened

Old 07-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #39
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Devi Ever just....has that effect on people. Awful joke of a person. Fortunately most of the other people she's upset or ripped off choose their words a little more wisely than Billy Corgan.

I have a Bit: Legend of Fuzz and it's my fave pedal so whatever

Old 07-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #40
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

cat shit with jesus

Old 07-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #41
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
Devi Ever just....has that effect on people. Awful joke of a person. Fortunately most of the other people she's upset or ripped off choose their words a little more wisely than Billy Corgan.

I have a Bit: Legend of Fuzz and it's my fave pedal so whatever
nice

Old 07-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #42
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

thanks !

Old 07-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #43
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

My recollection of the whole "Ever-Gate" (based purely on memory. I am too lazy to go back and read that thread)

-In 2007, Billy apparently saw some of Devi Ever's work online. They got in contact, and he brought her out to one of the San Francisco shows to talk about her possibly making some custom pedals. If I recall, the "meeting" ended up being a few minutes long. Billy told her he wasn't interested anymore, but liked her pedals and gave her permission to say he endorsed them.

-In 2011, Billy released that video with Kerry of the two of them going through all of Billy's pedals during the Oceania recording sessions. Billy showed the Rocket pedal to the camera, but said something like "we won't be needing that since we have the original pedals we used on Siamese Dream." In all fairness to Billy, it was not a knock on the pedal itself, but just pointing out he wouldn't need it when he had immediate access to all the gear he presumably used to record the song "Rocket."

-A few months later, someone brought it up here, and Devi went on a huge rant about how unprofessional Billy Corgan had been in his dealings with her, how he was out of his mind to dismiss the pedal in that YouTube video, and how she really hated the band post-2007 and thought the show she saw in San Francisco was bad. Ironically, if Corgan had never responded to this, he probably would have come out looking like the better party. He let Devi use his name to endorse her pedals, and flew her out to see a free Smashing Pumpkins show. She responded by ranting and raving about him.

-Of course, Corgan being Corgan, couldn't let well enough alone, and went on the Twitter rant posted above and sent those messages to Devi. She posted a response video in tears. As someone else in this thread said, Devi Ever was hardly the most sympathetic person, but it seemed a little over the top to threaten to batter her sue her for everything she was worth.

As someone else said, it really was miraculous (for Corgan) that no general media outlets picked this up. Admittedly, Corgan was well into his d-list celebrity years by 2011, but it still seemed shocking quite how vitriolic he got and how quickly he resorted to using transphobic language. It seemed even sadder given Nicole, an outspoken advocate of LGBTQ rights, was in the band at the time. Had some news source really ran with it, his career would have been obliterated even more than it was at the time.

Around this same time, Corgan contacted that guy who faked having Facebook conversations with Jesse Corgan (can't make this shit up). In that case, Billy had a right to be mad, but once more used hateful language similar to the Devi messages.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #44
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Devi posted a Billy’s 3 strikes rant

It was he was mean about the Rocket , was mean about another pedal (said it was good but “you can’t use it live you know?”) and he didn’t say thank you quickly enough when she sent him a Silver Rose.

I remember the can’t use it live thing because she dedicated part of her rant to Billy being terrible live so what would he know about live sound and pedals

Old 07-06-2018, 06:03 PM   #45
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I disagree that the "balls" comment was innocent and just him using a common phrase. "Still have" the balls is not the normal phrase, and he had already called her a he/she.

Yeah Devi was also a jerk, but I don't care about her. Whether Billy is a transphobe or not, he deliberately attacked her status to emotionally hurt her as much as possible.

I also doubt she really did a 180. Most of us defended Billy for varying amount of times until the weight of everything suddenly made us snap. It's like the republicans "suddenly" declaring Trump is poison - lots of things added up until they finally couldn't deny it anymore. For me it was that rolling stone interview where he said he fired Jimmy and the white van comment, and that he could astral project to Ashley Simpson's house, etc. Which, if I recall correctly, was just before this Devi Ever shit happened
Yeah, in context the "balls" comment likely was intended. If he hadn't said the other more blatant stuff he probably could've gotten away with that one. I agree, Billy definitely has a mean streak. If she didn't do a 180 then she was being insincere posting all the good stuff about Corgan and how she had this thing going on with him etc.

Generally I feel I can enjoy music or whatever without necessarily liking or agreeing with the artist. It's great if the person happens to be cool etc but not essential.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:05 PM   #46
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

themadcaplaughs:

Yeah that's exactly how I remember it. Billy had the opportunity to be the bigger person but nah, that ain't him.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #47
fuzzyroes
Banned

Devi definitely acted unprofessionally and deserved to get reamed out, but for Billy to publicly rip on her for the transgender thing over and over and over again was especially off-putting and surprising.

Like Waka said, you can have your own personal feelings about transgenderism, but to personally attack someone because of it becaue of a business disagreement really shows his lack of morals and general human decency.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #48
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

What happened to Billy was screwed up. Imagine if someone fucked with your special needs brother? You could end up saying some things you might regret.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:36 AM   #49
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
What happened to Billy was screwed up. Imagine if someone fucked with your special needs brother? You could end up saying some things you might regret.
Completely unrelated to the Devi Ever issue we’re discussing but good try

Old 07-07-2018, 12:38 AM   #50
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
Completely unrelated to the Devi Ever issue we’re discussing but good try
Oh whoops, got them confused. What was the deal then with Billy and the guy messaging his brother?

Old 07-07-2018, 04:05 AM   #51
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

someone started talking to Jesse on facebook, pretending to be nice and interested in him. then, depending on who you believe, said some shitty things or photoshopped messages where it appeared he said shitty things. it got back to billy and he called the person out on twitter.

i don't remember what exactly it was but it was fucked up. and i won't mention the person who did it because one mention and they are like beetlejuice. i found like 10 messages in an old reddit account the other day from him, apparently he's been sending me messages for months and months

Last edited by reprise85 : 07-07-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #52
Shallowed
Braindead

ok

Old 07-28-2018, 11:28 PM   #53
FoolofaTook

Angry

BORISHEAVYROCKS!!!

Old 07-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #54
FoolofaTook

is that you, table of contents?

Old 07-28-2018, 11:33 PM   #55
fuzzyroes
Banned

Hey, so it is C-wilson!

I thought you may have been TOC before reading this thread.

I say we welcome him back into the community. Enough time has passed!

Old 07-28-2018, 11:34 PM   #56
FoolofaTook

charity auction winner?

Old 07-28-2018, 11:37 PM   #57
fuzzyroes
Banned

Bingo!