Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Question What is wrong with everyone on Sad Machines?

I just checked out the website and it seems like it should be considered a SP/Corgan cult site. Everyone there just sucks up and worships Billy and anything he has done in the past 20 years. I just closed out of a thread where someone was comparing him with a fashionista person for wearing a specific hat, and everyone was in an agreement. And things like this make up almost every thread. Is it some kind of inside joke I am not aware of?

Old 11-25-2020, 05:58 AM   #2
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

So they let you in? Go ahead with the screenshots

Old 11-25-2020, 06:13 AM   #3
thedeadofnight
Ownz

My favourite is when they airbrush D'arcy from SP history and the official accounts endorse it

Old 11-25-2020, 06:26 AM   #4
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

low self of steam probably

Old 11-25-2020, 06:32 AM   #5
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

The ones who whine the most about netphoria are the ones who read it every single day without fail. They can’t get enough.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #6
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I've never seen any SadMachines posts because I'm not a member, and they're not accepting new members anyway. Gonna have to post screenshots, otherwise I'll need to take your word on it.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:57 AM   #7
slayed23
Ownz

This sight should change it's name to the anti-Sad Machines message board. Literally the exact opposite in every way.

Old 11-25-2020, 01:13 PM   #8
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

same thing Trump does with his cult

Old 11-25-2020, 01:17 PM   #9
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
This sight should change it's name to the anti-Sad Machines message board. Literally the exact opposite in every way.
cool I'll propose it

Last edited by smashingjj : 11-25-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Old 11-25-2020, 01:20 PM   #10
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
I just checked out the website and it seems like it should be considered a SP/Corgan cult site. Everyone there just sucks up and worships Billy and anything he has done in the past 20 years. I just closed out of a thread where someone was comparing him with a fashionista person for wearing a specific hat, and everyone was in an agreement. And things like this make up almost every thread. Is it some kind of inside joke I am not aware of?
Lol reddit

Old 11-25-2020, 04:13 PM   #11
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

confused, some of you are insinuating Bill's work from Zeitgeist onward is not worthy of the praise & honor often reserved for religious icons & leaders?

i'm sorry, i thought this was a Smashing Pumpkin fan site!

Old 11-25-2020, 04:18 PM   #12
paranoid
Minion of Satan

why are there so many trump supporters in that group?

Old 11-25-2020, 04:53 PM   #13
Orion922
Amish Rake Fighter

I’m a member of Sad Machines. But I don’t post or comment. I feel like I don’t belong.

Old 11-25-2020, 05:23 PM   #14
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

There are a lot of Trump supporters there indeed. He who shall not be named even posted a rant about fraudulent votes and dominion stealing the election on fb recently. Lol

Old 11-25-2020, 09:21 PM   #15
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I happened to meet someone in a fucking Tire Kingdom playing an SP song... maybe saturnine? outloud while waiting for their car. Out of their phone

I did not know what sad machines was at the time. But she added me to the group. We talked about the SP/MM tour, which I had not attended, but she had. Mid 40s white lady. So I guess it was late 2015/2016.

At some point I got kicked out, I think they may have figured out I was a Netphoria mod. Or maybe I wasn't posting at all and that's what did it.

also fyi I go to a real mechanic now

Old 11-25-2020, 10:37 PM   #16
slunken
Virgo

lol you got kicked out of a tires discounters

Old 11-25-2020, 10:39 PM   #17
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

What the fucking FUCK did you just say about Billy Corgan? I’ll have you know I’m a member of a highly trained tactical group of elite level SP fans. We can cut you down at any time. We will resort to all levels of gorilla warfare. Go back to the basement with the rest of Netphoria’s soy filled beta males. You’ve just opened to gates of Armageddon bud. I’ve seen what you say about me on your little circle jerk forum. I bet you wake up in cold sweats thinking about me stalking your every move. You just fucked up royally. Click here to order every single colored vinyl variation of Cyr.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:57 PM   #18
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm still in there, but have the posts hid from my feed. Helpful people when you're in a pinch for information.

Just went in and somebody said that this upcoming album has replaced Siamese Dream as her #2 favorite SP album. It's posts like that one that I just am so far from being able to possibly understand and relate to, even a little bit that have me back out of there. I mean, what do you even say to that? I just can't wrap my head around such a ludicrous statement about an album that isn't even out yet.

At this point, it's very safe to say that SAOSBV2CYR will be my least favorite SP album, even below Monuments.

Old 11-25-2020, 11:25 PM   #19
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadofnight View Post
My favourite is when they airbrush D'arcy from SP history and the official accounts endorse it

I'm generally more on the positive side of the SP fan community, but there are 2 things I hate beyond belief.

1. Erasing members from the history of the band, wheather it's D'arcy, Melissa, Mike etc they should all get the proper credit they deserve.

And 2. Parents dressing up their kids head to toe in SP WPC merch + filming them fake dancing to SP songs

Old 11-25-2020, 11:27 PM   #20
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
I'm still in there, but have the posts hid from my feed. Helpful people when you're in a pinch for information.

Just went in and somebody said that this upcoming album has replaced Siamese Dream as her #2 favorite SP album. It's posts like that one that I just am so far from being able to possibly understand and relate to, even a little bit that have me back out of there. I mean, what do you even say to that? I just can't wrap my head around such a ludicrous statement about an album that isn't even out yet.

At this point, it's very safe to say that SAOSBV2CYR will be my least favorite SP album, even below Monuments.

yeah i'm still on there, i don't think i've said anything in years

Monuments was an absolute banger in comparison. great riffs, tommy lee sounded great, etc etc

what's the world coming to

Old 11-25-2020, 11:32 PM   #21
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Some people aren't actually fans of music.

It's more about liking a couple of songs and being part of a group. They get excited when other people get excited. Cheer when other people cheer.

Old 11-26-2020, 12:46 AM   #22
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
There are a lot of Trump supporters there indeed. He who shall not be named even posted a rant about fraudulent votes and dominion stealing the election on fb recently. Lol
on sad machines itself or on his own page? are you friends with him?

Old 11-26-2020, 12:54 AM   #23
paranoid
Minion of Satan

i can't handle the kids being dressed up in SP merch, being named corgan, or chamberlin. that's some weird fucking "I'm an adult who refuses to grow up" shit. I mean, i DID name my dog Darcy, but that's a dog and god damnit it's a cute name for a dog.

i got kicked out.. no reason given, but i'm pretty sure it has to do with the darcy situation. I'd heard from someone i knew that she was having a serious mental break, and i messaged linda strawberry telling her to lay off the public criticism of her on her insta/facebook because some serious shit was going on. Linda proceeds to go on sad machines and say "i'm hearing from an inside source that she's mental and this is unprofessional behavior blah blah blah." I let her have it after that. called her out, her shitty behavior over the whole thing, how she had no place speaking so upfront about someone she never knew.. then boom i can no longer see the sad machines page.

I loved when someone asked Darcy about Linda and darcy goes "who the hell is that?" lol well deserved.

Old 11-26-2020, 12:57 AM   #24
paranoid
Minion of Satan

also erasing darcy when the years prior to this melt down they were stalking her, being friendly with her, etc.

pumpkins fans are a whole other breed. humorless, the lot of them.

Old 11-26-2020, 08:44 AM   #25
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Ah, the fickleness of a hardcore Billy devotee. Rewind back to 2012 the sentiment was James didn't really contribute to SP and was a non essential member of the band, wheras Billy + Jeff + Mike + Nicole was the best lineup the band has had since 96' and will be the band to take SP into the future and beyond. 2 years later Mike and Nicole are fired and completely swept under the rug, James and Jimmy come back and now the order of the day is they always have been and always will be the smashing pumpkins, no buts about it.

That is, of course, until James quits again in the next couple of years.

Old 11-26-2020, 08:50 AM   #26
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

I was in sad machines for a while and it's a weird sex cult. i got kicked out after i let some of them stay at my house after a gig and they got upset about my record collections sp/not sp ratio and that my friend who also came along wasn't an sp fan and thought the gig was funny

Old 11-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #27
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

You let some of those freaks stay in your house? You’re lucky to be alive.

Old 11-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #28
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
I was in sad machines for a while and it's a weird sex cult. i got kicked out after i let some of them stay at my house after a gig and they got upset about my record collections sp/not sp ratio and that my friend who also came along wasn't an sp fan and thought the gig was funny
this may be my favorite SP-related story of 2020, thank you Gary's cousin

Old 11-26-2020, 06:24 PM   #29
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Sex cult? Are SadMachines swapping wives?

Old 11-26-2020, 07:07 PM   #30
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

WPCAnon