Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #271
Spankarine
Ownz

most people had "instrumental" or "piano interlude" before tonight, tonight... so i think you can pretty much pencil in "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness"

Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #272
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

First couple of songs up in good quality

Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #273
penn darvis
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass
C'mon. You could've done so much better.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #274
billy269
Pledge

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...421&indicate=1

Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #275
Technocratic
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeyes
Nothing from Gish, odd.
Yup, I was thinking the same thing.

Well, hopefully the setlist will be variable. But it still looks pretty good, I'm definitely looking forward to it

Old 05-22-2007, 06:10 PM   #276
Virex Kills
Apocalyptic Poster

WHo is Lisa Harriton?!

Old 05-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #277
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by penn darvis
C'mon. You could've done so much better.
I also could have done so much worse. We'll call it a par.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #278
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

I wonder if the skin flutist was in attendance.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #279
krackhead
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy88
Okay, where's the boot?!
?

Old 05-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #280
jamesey
Demi-God

The last show with D'arcy, and the original lineup, was this one.
http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=640

I was there. I win.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #281
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/myspace/paris22may.jpg

Old 05-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #282
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesey

I was there. I win.

You already posted this.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #283
jamesey
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSquishyHalo
You already posted this.
yeah, the board is really slow and I double posted minutes apart. I'm sorry everyone.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 PM   #284
garbanzo
Demi-God

I hope that isn't a real setlist picture.
I was hoping they'd come back more....off the cuff....instead of these predetermined decisions to play x number of encores, with x songs.

At least give me the illusion!

Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #285
TimeZoneChecker
Pledge

9 Zeitgeists !
6 MCIS
6 Siamese Dreams
3 Machinas
3 Adores
2 Judas Os/Rotten Apples
0 Gish ...

Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #286
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbanzo
I hope that isn't a real setlist picture.
I was hoping they'd come back more....off the cuff....instead of these predetermined decisions to play x number of encores, with x songs.

At least give me the illusion!

FIrst show together..getting ready for massive festival tours...

and you expect them not to have a setlist and just play shit as they go along.

Come on people.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #287
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesey

I was there. I win.
no one care

Old 05-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #288
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

man the new heart logo looks so emo on that setlist. i like the old heart. yeah odd no gish. i'm sure they have at least practiced i am one and rhino though.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #289
cyclonus5150
Oblivious Virgin

Okay so at what point did Pumpkins fans become incredibly whiny and high maintenance? What happened to the days when we were all just incredibly psyched to hear the band play just about anything, not whining about "the hits"? Granted, I pretty much gave up on this board during the Machina trainwreck but I really don't remember this many goobers lurking around bitching and moaning. Is this the fan base that kindof filled the void when the long-time fans lost interest? Maybe the ones that remained felt that by embracing the lackluster songs of the band's later years while most of the rock fan base had basically dwindled away that the band had somehow become "your own"? News flash - those songs are hits because they fucking rock. Why wouldn't the band want to play those songs that made them who they are today?

Oh and please get over the coverband bullshit. Billy and Jimmy were the driving force behind the Pumpkins sound on every album outside of the nightmarish "Adore". Even there you can't pin much credit on either D'Arcy or James. They were along for the ride basically from the beginning and were probably just grateful for the experience. More than anything, the Smashing Pumpkins were and always will be the creative vision of Billy Corgan and anyone who denies that is delusional. If you can't accept it, go start your own Scratchie Records fan site and give up on the Pumpkins. I think Billy is officially out of his post-Mellon Collie funk and is taking it to a new level. Oh and he's actually playing the guitar again, not just going through the motions. Sorry electro-goth-drivel fans. At least you've got "The Future Embrace" to chew on .

Old 05-22-2007, 06:28 PM   #290
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

tl; dr

Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #291
krackhead
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wounded
man the new heart logo looks so emo on that setlist. i like the old heart. yeah odd no gish. i'm sure they have at least practiced i am one and rhino though.
Trying to pull a green day and capture the emo crowd...

Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #292
caliphornia
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonus5150
Okay so at what point did Pumpkins fans become incredibly whiny and high maintenance? What happened to the days when we were all just incredibly psyched to hear the band play just about anything, not whining about "the hits"? Granted, I pretty much gave up on this board during the Machina trainwreck but I really don't remember this many goobers lurking around bitching and moaning. Is this the fan base that kindof filled the void when the long-time fans lost interest? Maybe the ones that remained felt that by embracing the lackluster songs of the band's later years while most of the rock fan base had basically dwindled away that the band had somehow become "your own"? News flash - those songs are hits because they fucking rock. Why wouldn't the band want to play those songs that made them who they are today?

Oh and please get over the coverband bullshit. Billy and Jimmy were the driving force behind the Pumpkins sound on every album outside of the nightmarish "Adore". Even there you can't pin much credit on either D'Arcy or James. They were along for the ride basically from the beginning and were probably just grateful for the experience. More than anything, the Smashing Pumpkins were and always will be the creative vision of Billy Corgan and anyone who denies that is delusional. If you can't accept it, go start your own Scratchie Records fan site and give up on the Pumpkins. I think Billy is officially out of his post-Mellon Collie funk and is taking it to a new level. Oh and he's actually playing the guitar again, not just going through the motions. Sorry electro-goth-drivel fans. At least you've got "The Future Embrace" to chew on .

i think fans are just excited after thinking SP has been dead for almost 7 years. hopefully everyone will calm down after this first year of comeback tours/first comeback album.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #293
theghostchild
Demi-God

I have to agree...as a longtime fan and board member since 1997, under a previous name, the board did change...as Billy posted int eh Chicago Tribune in 2005...he wanted his songs back, etc, etc....so why not stop your bitching and be happy they are back and playing. I love to hear the b-sides, rarities, "non-commercial" hits just as much as the next die hard, but the fact of the matter is the majority of the people attending these shows, particularly the ones in larger venues, wouldn't know the difference if it were an old song or a new song off Zeitgeist. We should be happy, stop the bitching, and enjoy the fact that "our band" is back.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #294
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

JAMES AND DARCY RULE!

BILLY SUCKS!

Old 05-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #295
cyclonus5150
Oblivious Virgin

Oh I'm sure it will. I was just surprised to see so many unwarranted bad vibes.

And yes, I was whining but I was whining about the whining so I get a pass on that

Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #296
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

We should be getting some show reviews soon.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #297
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

is this thread worth reading?

Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #298
Quiet CD
Apocalyptic Poster

really awesome setlist... good job bc.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #299
jack_kerouac03
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonus5150

nightmarish Adore?

fuck you, buddy.

(unless of course, you are making a joke about Behold! The Nitemare)

Old 05-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #300
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSquishyHalo
FIrst show together..getting ready for massive festival tours...

and you expect them not to have a setlist and just play shit as they go along.

Come on people.

Well, I know I would hope that the encores wouldn't be planned out ahead of time. I like it when bands cater to the moment and play things in the encore according to their whims as opposed to knowing even before the show starts what they'll be playing for a closer.

Being that this is the first show, it's fine, but I'd hope down the road this might change.