Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #91
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I started this thread, therefore I get to make the rules.

That's how it works.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #92
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
I kinda meant that you bought yourself though. Well...or with your parents money but that you went, I want this record.

Dangerous

http://mlc-s2-p.mlstatic.com/michael...315_4525-F.jpg

Old 07-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #93
Xteenmachine
Ownz

that's a nice cover. not sure it it fits the title though.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #94
slunken
Virgo

Explodimg boy doesnt pay for music so he has no idea what a record is

Old 07-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #95
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

who says I don't pay. Digital doesn't mean i get it all for free. Though i haven't paid for all i have no. It depends. I haven't given any money to a major in years that's for sure.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #96
slunken
Virgo

A record is a record. An album could be any format.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #97
slunken
Virgo

Tangent: i was thinking the other day how the only reason i got seriouslyinto vinyl was because at the time many underground bands were releasing stuff as vinyl only and this was before digital downloads were even a thing. Therefore Finding and buying the record was the onlynway you could hope to hear the music. At least today you have dedicated rippers or download codes.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #98
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

First cassette: I am fairly certain it was Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell. I still love how over the top and cheesy that album is.

First CD: Green Day's Dookie. I remember distinctly because my sister and I both wanted it so bad but we waited until we could both buy our own copies so as to not drive the other insane with jealousy/murderous rage.

First record: Other than the SP stuff I bought off of eBay before I even had a record player, I am pretty sure it was Pink Floyd's The Wall and some Steely Dan album at a garage sale. I had heard the Pink Floyd album but mainly bought the Steely Dan record because it had an ugly cover and I wanted to show everybody how ugly it was.

Last edited by pale blue eyes : 07-09-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #99
slunken
Virgo

Probably "can't buy a thrill"

Old 07-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #100
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Yup! Google agrees.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #101
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

boy that cover is something awful

Old 07-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #102
null123
Minion of Satan

The Dangerous video collection on VHS was pretty much my first exposure to music outside of Sesame Street. My brother and I would watch it all the time when I was like 5 or 6.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #103
MusicMan4

Siamese Dream

Old 07-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #104
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
The Dangerous video collection on VHS was pretty much my first exposure to music outside of Sesame Street. My brother and I would watch it all the time when I was like 5 or 6.
We had kiddy competitions in imitating dance moves from the Moonwalker movie. Still love it.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #105
noyen
Immortal

i felt this way about michael in 2002 and wrote this:

OXFORD, England (Reuters) - Michael Jackson made a tearful appeal to the world to introduce a children's bill of rights that would ensure parents read bedtime stories to their sons and daughters and make them feel loved.

The King of Pop hobbled on crutches onto the stage of Oxford University's venerable debating chamber on Tuesday night -- he broke his right foot in a fall last week -- to promote his "Heal the Kids" charity and call for a renewal of parent-child bonds.

In a lecture punctuated by tears, Jackson urged children to forgive their parents as he spoke of the difficulty of growing up under the spotlight of stardom.

"My father is a tough man, and he pushed my brothers and me hard, from the earliest age, to be the best performers we could be," Jackson, 42, told an audience of students and journalists, his voice faltering.

"I wanted more than anything else to be a typical little boy. I wanted to build tree houses, have water balloon fights and play hide and seek with my friends. But fate had it otherwise...."

His choice of a good cause could raise some eyebrows -- in 1993 a 12-year-old boy accused Jackson of sexually molesting him.

you think? raise eyebrows? more like filled with rage. reading this headline sent me into a fit of rage, where i went out and bought a gun. i went to the local k-mart and mr. retired boat dock worker with shaking hands was working behind the counter. i went up and told him my predicament, and how angry i was.

"sir, i need to purchase a weapon"

"well, son, there is a new process for purchasing weapons.. we will need you till fill this out."

"it's always something new, isn't it? i just want to kill michael jackson, and be on my merry way. do you have a bb-gun that penetrates the skin? i mean, something. i know you guys have swiss knives and squirt guns. i need a power weapon"

"did your parents read you bedtime stories when you were a child?"

"yes, lots of them. far too fucking many. i can't go a day without thinking about the 'things that go bump in the night'. i want to shoot my parents too. are you going to help me out or not?"

"hold on while i page a clerk."

i'm sick and tired of listening to what michael jackson has to say. he got away with molesting a giraffe in the 80's, and a toddler in the 90's, and now he's right there when the shit goes down for his valuable commentary on how we should fix our problems. i don't even find it funny how ridiculous his proposal is. read bedtime stories to your children. a bill of rights?

"I wanted more than anything else to be a typical little boy. I wanted to build tree houses, have water balloon fights and play hide and seek with my friends. But fate had it otherwise...."

COME ON FUCKHEAD! you wanted to be a typical little boy, but you turned yourself into a freak of a grown man, by your own free will. and now you can have your fucking tree houses with monkies in them, and you can hire all the pre-pubescent kids you want to molest and have them play in it, and have little pedophilic water balloon fights (wet tshirt contests is what he really wanted)... GAH... fate had it otherwise. you chose to burn off every natural feature that was on your face. michael needs to go play hide and go fuck himself.

As the King of Pop swept in from the rainy darkness outside, there were audible gasps from the audience.

Jackson wore his trademark black and white suit and pushed back curtains of jet-black hair as he began to speak in his almost child-like voice.

He argued that a "Universal Children's Bill of Rights" should be introduced in every home.

The Oxford Union debating society is no stranger to controversy and Jackson referred in his lecture to illustrious guests who had graced the stage before him, including Albert Einstein and Malcolm X.

Outside in the rain, fans from across the globe had gathered to catch a glimpse of their idol.

"People from all over the world follow him everywhere, that must be love and love can't be a bad or dangerous thing," said German Dorothy Debuhr, 42, her face daubed with blue paint and glittering with gold stars.

Jackson's big hits belted out from a nearby radio.

"He is a phenomena, he is the ultimate mega-star, said student Catherine Wendsey, 20, holding a home-made banner welcoming Jackson to the university town.

Jackson has two children of his own by his former wife Deborah Rowe, who filed for divorce in 1999. He was also married briefly to Elvis Presley's daughter, Lisa Marie.

The singer was accompanied by psychic spoon-bender Uri Geller, at whose wedding he will be best man on Wednesday.

Jackson spent 16,000 pounds ($23,470) hiring part of nearby Blenheim Palace for a celebration dinner on Tuesday night, the Daily Telegraph reported.

It said servants of the Duke of Marlborough rolled out the red carpet for Jackson, but sprayed the thick pile with disinfectant -- a reminder that even the rich and famous cannot escape Britain's fight against a major outbreak of the highly contagious foot-and-mouth livestock disease. ($1-.6818 Pound)

stupid fuck broke his foot. probably because it was black. apparently breaking limbs changes their color. now.

all we need is gary glitter starting a child care center.

kill yourselves now.