Old 08-01-2014, 02:46 AM   #61
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
All the best to your sis, Starla.
Thank you : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
hey starla. good to see you. how is your sis? and you?
Good to see you guys again too : ) How are you, and how's school? You can msg if you want. She's doing pretty good. Still cancer free... but now that things have settled down, the emotional stuff is hitting. She has another scan in the fall so... keeping our fingers crossed. It's been all work and very little play here this summer. Going to the old homestead to see my mom and family next month.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:48 AM   #62
Starla

Pave, your rep is turned off so you didn't get the message. Just want to say thanks again.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:07 AM   #63
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Oh I can see it when I change options, it saves reps.
I got so much "get lost, you suck, you stupid bitch, you're an idiot" (and the obligatory "." "," from Future Boyling) that I turned it invisible.

On topic:
We just got fucked by our American insurance, and I don't think it was our fault or stupidity. More like deliberate scam.
Specific treatment, we turned in all the paper work before to check how much the insurance would cover. I sat in that office, and they told me to my face 40%.

Treatment is done, we get a letter saying they cover 15%. Well thanks.

Guess it was our stupidity after all. I'm not used to health insurance that says A and ends up doing B.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:26 AM   #64
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
What the fuck does "Supreme Court bs argument for example" mean

Future boy sucks.
that bs supreme court argument we had, durr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
He hasn't shared an actual opinion is six or eight years. Just a shit slinger. No time for that anymore.
off as usual, but ok

Old 08-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #65
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Euls, other than maybe this past year, the only difference between me now and before is you disagree with me politically.

Like, your big on asking for plans when yours consists of taking whatever the fuck they give you because oh my lord the republicans might win. I choose not to go along with that, thank you.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:58 AM   #66
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Specific treatment, we turned in all the paper work before to check how much the insurance would cover. I sat in that office, and they told me to my face 40%.

Treatment is done, we get a letter saying they cover 15%. Well thanks.

Guess it was our stupidity after all. I'm not used to health insurance that says A and ends up doing B.
it must be obama's fault

Old 08-01-2014, 04:15 AM   #67
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

That must be it, thanks Obama.

Seriously though, how is it possible that an insurance company can operate like that without getting shut down.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #68
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Need to get those things in writing, unfortunately.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #69
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Thank you : )

Good to see you guys again too : ) How are you, and how's school? You can msg if you want. She's doing pretty good. Still cancer free... but now that things have settled down, the emotional stuff is hitting. She has another scan in the fall so... keeping our fingers crossed. It's been all work and very little play here this summer. Going to the old homestead to see my mom and family next month.
I'm doing pretty well. School is good, I'm managing an A so far in my 6 week chemistry course, somehow. It's very hard because of the speed of the class. All I have is a couple short quizzes and the final (25% of grade) left next Thursday. Then I get like two weeks off from school until the next semester.

I can't imagine being sure you're going to die from an extended illness and then it going away and all of that pent up denial/anger/etc being released. For both of you. Hope you all get some peace with that.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:23 AM   #70
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm sorry, wasn't this about privacy?

Old 08-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #71
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I'm doing pretty well. School is good, I'm managing an A so far in my 6 week chemistry course, somehow. It's very hard because of the speed of the class. All I have is a couple short quizzes and the final (25% of grade) left next Thursday. Then I get like two weeks off from school until the next semester.
That's great... I'm glad to hear it's going well : ) Enjoy those two weeks.

Quote:
I can't imagine being sure you're going to die from an extended illness and then it going away and all of that pent up denial/anger/etc being released. For both of you. Hope you all get some peace with that.
Exactly... so much to come to terms with now that the dust has settled, but now she has the fear of it all coming back. It's literally been one day at a time, one foot in front of the other. Thanks Erica : )

Old 08-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #72
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
My sister and what we went through needs to stay the fuck off this board.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #73
Order 66
Socialphobic

i know i shouldn't ask... but... whats all this about? i know this place can be vile but i don't think trashing cancer survivors is part of our M.O.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:46 PM   #74
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

not for a hot minute anyway

Old 08-04-2014, 04:51 AM   #75
Starla

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
If you're not going to be a well wisher, if you don't have anything positive to say, then why do you care? I've posted on this board for almost ten years.... and I never thought once that posting about this was going to garner this level of bullshit. The conversation about my sister and her cancer has been off and on again, and no one but a few caring, genuine people here responded to that with kindness and support. But as soon as I posted that it was alternative medicine that saved her life, then a couple assholes who never paid attention before, came out so they could shit all over that. Your bringing that over here on this thread ... wow. Anyway..

For now on, I'll just discuss her in PM's or emails.

Last edited by Starla : 08-04-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:08 AM   #76
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
i know i shouldn't ask... but... whats all this about? i know this place can be vile but i don't think trashing cancer survivors is part of our M.O.
Mostly trashing the methods that saved her. I just didn't expect that. If I were in a better place and not fighting depression and work overload, and worries about her, then maybe I'd be in a better place to debate this. I'm just not ... everything is painful and raw.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #77
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
If you're not going to be a well wisher, if you don't have anything positive to say, then why do you care? I've posted on this board for almost ten years.... and I never thought once that posting about this was going to garner this level of bullshit. The conversation about my sister and her cancer has been off and on again, and no one but a few caring, genuine people here responded to that with kindness and support. But as soon as I posted that it was alternative medicine that saved her life, then a couple assholes who never paid attention before, came out so they could shit all over that. Your bringing that over here on this thread ... wow. Anyway..

For now on, I'll just discuss her in PM's or emails.
no one except maybe scotty gave you shit about your sister, and i never did. on the other hand, you give a me bunch of SHIT about privacy and doctor patient confidentiality re: your sister and then proceed to talk about it some more when all i said is what i think, especially considering you said you quit. your sister never came up until you showed up. I deliberately stayed out of the alternative medicine argument in the first place especially because it was obviously an emotional trigger for you. But, completely unrelated, you gave me a bunch of SHIT for disagreeing with you about obamcare, too. why did that get so personal? is all of this a completely taboo subject for you because of this experience? i guess you expected me to just keep my head down and never disagree with you about anything.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 08-04-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #78
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

don't post personal shit on internet message boards if you can't tolerate people disagreeing with you.

and for the record, I never said anything bad about Starla's sister or about Starla. Only their choice of treatment.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #79
Cool As Ice Cream

http://i58.tinypic.com/xlkz7m.jpg

Old 08-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #80
Starla

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me at all, but you are the one who got personal by insulting me. I explained early on that I cannot provide evidence of how the ACA is hurting patients at our clinic, because that breaks patient confidentiality, when you complained that I couldn't provide evidence. Then you said my information comes from Alex Jones and now... apparently everything I know is based solely on empirical evidence, not facts or figures. I could provide some online pdfs from some recent conferences here, but then that gives away my privacy about the town I live in and my full name. I mean it's like, you just refused to give me the benefit of the doubt at all...

You brought up how "homeopathy doesn't cure cancer" in this thread particularly, to just to take a stab at me. Why in the hell that is, I have no idea.

Anyway, go on and have at it....you seem to be enjoying yourself here. I'm finished participating in whatever this is, and I have a boat load of stuff to do. I hope everyone has a good summer.... I'm in for a much needed week off.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #81
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
don't post personal shit on internet message boards if you can't tolerate people disagreeing with you.

and for the record, I never said anything bad about Starla's sister or about Starla. Only their choice of treatment.
I've been posting here for ten years among mostly the same people, and I didn't expect a shitty response, especially about that. But thanks anyway. And I never said you said anything about her personally... you need to go upthread a bit and read what I posted about that.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #82
Trotskilicious
Banned

shut the fuck up. you're deranged.

that's an insult.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #83
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
shut the fuck up. you're deranged.

that's an insult.
I could totally go further with this, but I just won't sink to that level. It's just not in me to do that.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #84
Trotskilicious
Banned

i thought you quit.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #85
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
I've been posting here for ten years among mostly the same people, and I didn't expect a shitty response, especially about that. But thanks anyway. And I never said you said anything about her personally... you need to go upthread a bit and read what I posted about that.
I wasn't responding to you. But that's par for the course

Old 08-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #86
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Netphoria, I can't quit you

Old 08-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #87
The Omega Concern
Banned

If someone said they used alternative methods to treat cancer, why would you trash that? n/m...i just read the quip there under your avatar.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #88
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
If someone said they used alternative methods to treat cancer, why would you trash that? n/m...i just read the quip there under your avatar.
A lot of people are conditioned to believe that mainstream medicine is the only thing that exists and anything else beyond that is bunk. I used to be one of those people, until this experience forced me out that bubble. We've been really fortunate, because I know that alternative methods doesn't work for everyone.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #89
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
that bs supreme court argument we had, durr

off as usual, but ok
The argument where I said Supreme Court appointments matter?

Yeah, I win that one. Every time.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #90
redbreegull

how can you even argue that the ideological makeup of the supreme court does not matter? how is that even a contention that can be made?