Starlight 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #31
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i found this a curious statement though.

what's a vanity song?
and why do you think of MCIS as such?

it's beautifully arranged, it's definitely not some show-off track or anything, and it sets the mood absolutely perfectly for the rest of the record, not to mention it's a remarkable companion piece to tonight tonight (with jellybelly on the other side )
Maybe mood piece would have been a better phrase. It's there for effect, not to be a standalone track.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:28 AM   #32
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Well since I'm a new member I can't create a thread, but I was wondering if this was available anywhere: https://youtu.be/S17dJkdG-ms?t=1m20s

The original 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness'.
http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/song.html?song_id=84
it's included on mashed potatoes.
it's also a bonus track on the 1996 mcis 3lp.
they released it digitally on rarities and b-sides.
and more recently it was released as a bonus track on the tafh reissue (on the 1979 cd).
take your pick!

Old 09-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #33
Cool As Ice Cream

spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring spring spring spring the rite of spring

Old 09-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #34
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

it has come to mean all things.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #35
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'm partial to Dusk, if I could replace Bullet with Where Boys it'd be perfect.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #36
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I'm partial to Dusk, if I could replace Bullet with Where Boys it'd be perfect.
nah... nah

we don't DO that here

Old 09-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #37
slunken
Virgo

glad to see midnight coming up from behind

Old 09-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #38
slunken
Virgo

unfortunately tea time has to forgive (disarm pt 2) and dusk has bullet

zero and 33 are the only two mcis singles i haven't grown tired of

Old 09-29-2015, 10:46 PM   #39
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

But Tea Time has Jellybelly and HINW, the two best songs on Dawn to Dusk.

Last edited by DemonUnicorns : 10-04-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #40
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

tea time's definitely a reckonable side
considering how mood-dependent midnight seems to be i could see myself goin over to the t.t. side every once in a while

Old 09-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #41
Ram27
dumb

I love tea time except for the name. sipping tea in the afternoon != Jellybelly

Old 10-01-2015, 02:48 AM   #42
Cool As Ice Cream

doesn't "tea time" mean "dinner" (evening meal)?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #43
myosis
Minion of Satan

oh so you're english now?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #44
myosis
Minion of Satan

Cool As ASS cream !

Old 10-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #45
Cool As Ice Cream

*arse

Old 10-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #46
slunken
Virgo

Cheeky

Old 10-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #47
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

rite true

Old 10-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #48
Ram27
dumb

alrite m8

Old 10-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #49
slunken
Virgo

mcis sounds phenomenal on cassette

Old 10-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #50
Shallowed
Braindead

I have problems with my MCIS cassette. As it plays, it keeps getting all these speed fluctuations that get more and more intense towards the end of each side. I don't seem to have the same problem with any other cassette.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #51
slunken
Virgo

offhand i would say that maybe its a problem with your deck as maybe the other tapes you play are not of the same length as mcis

the lenght of the tape could cause it to drag or pull because ofa shoddy mechanism

Old 10-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #52
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Well since I'm a new member I can't create a thread, but I was wondering if this was available anywhere: https://youtu.be/S17dJkdG-ms?t=1m20s

The original 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness'.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ordffp

Old 10-22-2015, 05:32 PM   #53
inkless
Ownz

dawn twilight and midnight could be a E.P