Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #181
Brute Squad
oh for fuck's sake

I'm not retagged or reuploading mine, so here's the link to the mix I put together. See my earlier post for the tracklist:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Old 02-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #182
neopryn
let's see your penis!

Essex Dogs is fucking mind-blowing, nice choice.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #183
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

There are still seven people who have not received a mix! If you have not sent me a link to your mix yet or sent me a PM telling when about when to expect it or what the hold up is, PLEASE DO SO ASAP. I am not going to let this drag on forever like I have done in the past and send repeated PMs to deadbeats. If I do not have a mix from you come Monday or I have not heard from you, I will out you as the stupid assface you are for flaking out.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #184
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

ah, the deuce. i was completely off with my speculation. i was thinking about harvey danger the other day actually, how odd.

if you want to upload the album each of the songs came off of i would really really appreciate it. i will return the favor. if not that's cool.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #185
redbull
Immortal

01. A Kaki King track I somehow don't know? this is great...esp. at 3:05
02. Echo & the Bunnymen? this guy's voice is kind of annoying but I'm digging the instrumental parts. Lyrics are

also pretty sweet
03. Brazil! I only know the Arcade Fire version of this though.
04. Older Animal Collective? I'm really liking the dreamy/trippy factor on this mix so far.
05. this reminds me of a defunct local group named Absinthe Blind...liking the semi-cheesy shoegaze factor. The end

of this is wonderful
06. TECHNO SIGUR ROS UNTITLED #1
07. wonderful jazzy melodies on this one. who is this?
08. more nice shoegazey stuff, good acoustic guitar on this one and male/female harmonies. This track just keeps

getting sweeter around 3:00 and by 5:40 fuck yeah
09. Black History Month....love this song, haven't heard this remix
10. Kate Bush? very interesting voice...liking the high strings on this track a lot
11. is that picard? this sounds like rodrigo y gabriela
12. casiotone! I keep drifting off into blissfulness during this mix
13. Neko Case?
14. nice and short, liking the random voices
15. wonderful bass line...i kept waiting for this one to blow up into a super-massive crescendo, but it didn't.

STil enjoyed it a lot, it reminded me of Spiritualized

Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #186
redbull
Immortal

overall very chill/relaxing mix, 8/10

Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #187
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

ohhhh, i'd like to sign up for this!!

Old 02-21-2009, 06:11 AM   #188
Shapan
Socialphobic

i still havent sent my mix, i told pbe i would be a little delayed and ill definitely have it in before weekend's end. actually i might just start working on it now.

ill listen to my mix and have a review up before weekend's end as well.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:17 AM   #189
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: thank you mario but our princess is in another castle

i got some sort of new zealand 80s/90s noise rock mix i think and its bangin

1 - alastair galbraith - for free, one of my favourite songs on one of my favourite albums. whoever you are, you probably went through my last.fm
2 - apparently some band called trash. you left some of the covers intact you idiot! never heard of them, pretty good
3 - some sort of noisy, dissonant, primitive folk/pop song. not really my cup of tea but it's not bad
4 - a lengthy guitar-driven noise piece. could be the dead c but i'm not sure
5 - a short droney interlude. meant to separate two parts of the mix maybe?
6 - because now it's getting much more melodic. the repetitiveness and lack of vocals are maybe too post-rock-ish for me though. probably my least favourite track on the mix.
7 - the terminals i think. fabulous band. one of the greatest vocalists there are really
8 - again, with cover. "fatal jelly space". they sort of have an 80s metal thing to their (by now) regular noise rock sound. but if that wasn't weird enough, the vocals sound like a 13 year old. pretty funny.
9 - and again. a band called "the garbage and the flowers". the song would be "catnip". not that it matters. great sound, great everything - one of the best songs on here. a little more "punk rock"...
10 - this reminds me of something. quieter. pretty guitar.
11 - this one has a cover but no name on it. pretty harsh. tape loops. sounds awesome, but could be more focused.
12 - kind of shitty drums. but this, too, reminds me of something. perhaps the most conventional song on the mix. could be on nirvana's first album or something.
13 - and fittingly enough, this kind of sounds like mudhoney. the name of the band is "king loser". it's ok.
14 - maybe it's just me but this sounds like something off of bleach too. save for the trumpets maybe. the vocals kind of annoy me. not as good. actually it reminds me of that 90s band "tad"
15 - oh this is great from the start. catchy new wavey post-punkey bliss. exactly my kind of thing and one of the best
16 - lofi overdriven guitars and drums and... is that a clarinet? sounds spontaneous and fun

all in all this is probably the best mix anyone here could have made for me. it's good in its own right and will probably serve nicely as an introduction to some new old new zealand röck

5/5

Old 02-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #190
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

oh and i'm pretty sure who made it...

Old 02-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #191
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by publius clodius View Post
i got some sort of new zealand 80s/90s noise rock mix i think and its bangin

1 - alastair galbraith - for free, one of my favourite songs on one of my favourite albums. whoever you are, you probably went through my last.fm
2 - apparently some band called trash. you left some of the covers intact you idiot! never heard of them, pretty good
3 - some sort of noisy, dissonant, primitive folk/pop song. not really my cup of tea but it's not bad
4 - a lengthy guitar-driven noise piece. could be the dead c but i'm not sure
5 - a short droney interlude. meant to separate two parts of the mix maybe?
6 - because now it's getting much more melodic. the repetitiveness and lack of vocals are maybe too post-rock-ish for me though. probably my least favourite track on the mix.
7 - the terminals i think. fabulous band. one of the greatest vocalists there are really
8 - again, with cover. "fatal jelly space". they sort of have an 80s metal thing to their (by now) regular noise rock sound. but if that wasn't weird enough, the vocals sound like a 13 year old. pretty funny.
9 - and again. a band called "the garbage and the flowers". the song would be "catnip". not that it matters. great sound, great everything - one of the best songs on here. a little more "punk rock"...
10 - this reminds me of something. quieter. pretty guitar.
11 - this one has a cover but no name on it. pretty harsh. tape loops. sounds awesome, but could be more focused.
12 - kind of shitty drums. but this, too, reminds me of something. perhaps the most conventional song on the mix. could be on nirvana's first album or something.
13 - and fittingly enough, this kind of sounds like mudhoney. the name of the band is "king loser". it's ok.
14 - maybe it's just me but this sounds like something off of bleach too. save for the trumpets maybe. the vocals kind of annoy me. not as good. actually it reminds me of that 90s band "tad"
15 - oh this is great from the start. catchy new wavey post-punkey bliss. exactly my kind of thing and one of the best
16 - lofi overdriven guitars and drums and... is that a clarinet? sounds spontaneous and fun

all in all this is probably the best mix anyone here could have made for me. it's good in its own right and will probably serve nicely as an introduction to some new old new zealand röck

5/5
fuck, dude i tried my best to untag it properly!

anyway, this was really difficult, because you've heard ALOT of music. So i just decided to make a mix of some of the more obscure NZ stuff that you mightn't have heard.

here's the tracklist:

01 - alastair galbraith - for free
02 - trash - the difference
03 - dead c - speed kills
04 - surface of the earth - garden state
05 - handful of dust - calling radio ethiopia
06 - plagal grind - blackout
07 - dadamah - high tension house
08 - fatal jelly space - death fuck pop
09 - garbage and the flowers - catnip
10 - roy montgomery - e.n.d
11 - gate - venerable clouds
12 - into the void - gash
13 - king loser - dick dale
14 - solid gold hell - sugar bag
15- nocturnal projections - in purgatory
16 - crude - friends

Old 02-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #192
Shapan
Socialphobic

matt is the king of new zealand mixes

Old 02-22-2009, 04:25 AM   #193
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

what is this dadamah band why do they sound so much like the terminals

Old 02-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #194
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

apparently they only have the same drummer

i somehow get exactly the same vibes from them

Old 02-23-2009, 04:15 AM   #195
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

The Breeders-Cannonball. this one was the only track still tagged. i like this song though. i feel like i've heard it in a movie or owned it on a sountrack or something. i have a friend that's really into the breeders. this song makes me want to check them out.

at first i thought this was Love Will Tear Us Apart from how it starts. seems older with a, i don't know, thin(?) production. not a bad tune, i like the playing and everything but it didn't really stand out.

i want to say this is a Barenaked Ladies song that i haven't heard because the vocals sound like it has to be one of the dudes that sing for them. good song. i like the guitar.

i didn't really care for this song. i found the chicks vocals and melody kind of annoying.

The Magnetic Fields? Sounds like Stephin Merritt to me. i've always kinda dug them, but never really checked them out. this is a cool, islandy, fun song.

not a bad song. kind of uneventful like the 2nd track. the vocals seemed to far back in the mix.

another meh track. the vocals seemed really lazy and the guitar sound bugged me.

short song. they sound british. not bad. i'd think about checking out more by these guys.

this is really cool track. i really like the guy's voice. cool lyrics. i like the way the drums sound. i'd love to hear more.

i really like this one two. cool production sound. i like the guys voice. a simpler song with a nice sounding outro.

this made me think of another band's sound right off the bat, but i couldn't think of who. the guitar sound specifically. good song. is it r.e.m.?

i like the overall tone of this one. the vocals seem a bit quite, but i dig the instrumentation. 80's post-punk band?

cooler slower song. i like the mood it sets. cool lyrics too. i like how the guy singing background vocals sounds with the chick during the chorus.

this chick's vocals seem a littler over the top during the verses, but damn that chorus is pretty bad-ass. her voice sounds slightly familiar.

i liked how at first i thought the whole song was going to be really lo-fi and how it progressed into just sounding, um, not lo-fi so much. i like the sound of this band. but it does seem to build a little too slowly and end to early.

cool sound with the electronic beats and the acoustic sounding guitar. i like this guys voice and the melody of this song. really cool how a bunch of different things seem to go in and out during the whole song. one of my favorites of the bunch.

another 80's sounding track. i don't really like this guys voice. this song didn't "satisfy" me.

i like this one. very dreamy. i like how it floats along, builds, speeds up. i like how the vocals were done. the guitar work is really fun to listen to as well.

this is a cool track. i like the vocalist and the percussion and layered background vocals set a cool tone. chill track. would like to hear more.

i didn't really care for this track. it was, i don't know, just kind of boring.

this makes me think of john mayer on a piano. i don't know if he plays the piano though. nice little track to end the mix on. the horns near the end were a pretty cool touch.

all in all i'd say i was pretty underwhelmed by this mix. some tracks i didn't like much at all and quite a few of them i found it was hard to pay attention to or notice much of anything that really stood out. there were a couple cool tracks and i may check out some of the artists. i appreciate the person that made my mix putting the effort into making it though. thanks!

Old 02-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #196
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

i tried to make a mix of what i thought were pretty accessible "indie rock" bands and some stuff i guess everyone should have heard. i left out what i already found on your last.fm! it's quite representative of what i listened to ~4 years ago and i'm pleased with it

1. The Breeders - Cannonball (3:33)
2. Db's - Black And White (2:53)
3. Jim O'Rourke - All Downhill From Here (5:01)
4. Blondie - I'm Gonna Love You Too (2:09)
5. The Magnetic Fields - I Think I Need a New Heart (2:31)
6. The B-52's - 52 Girls (3:33)
7. The Pastels - Anne Boleyn (3:06)
8. Soft Boys - Queen of Eyes (2:01)
9. Beat Happening - Teenage Caveman (4:35)
10. The Mountain Goats - Going to Utrecht (2:59)
11. R.E.M. - Carnival of Sorts (Box Cars) (3:50)
12. The Feelies - The Boy With The Perpetual Nervousness (5:09)
13. Kristin Hersh - Your Ghost (3:16)
14. PJ Harvey - Missed (4:25)
15. The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored (4:51)
16. Xiu Xiu - Clowne Towne (3:50)
17. The Replacements - Unsatisfied (4:01)
18. The Clientele - Lamplight (6:43)
19. Vetiver - Been So Long (3:58)
20. Galaxie 500 - Blue Thunder (3:47)
21. The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year - Mono Mix (2:09)

weird that the galaxie 500 song bored you so much. i really think they're one of the bands, and this is one of the songs, lots of netphorians could enjoy. but whatev.

and john mayer on piano is an offence to the zombies! they're a classic british invasion pop band! i thought you liked the beatles

Old 02-23-2009, 04:33 AM   #197
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Teenage Caveman fellates me, man. I love that song!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:24 AM   #198
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

wow. i surprised to hear that the last track was The Zombies. i don't know them much, but i know i've heard some songs and some things, and i was planning on checking them out one of these days. am i the only one that think that the vocals (i guess just in that song) sound like john mayer's?

Old 02-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #199
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Tangerine and Other Songs

1. Considering the title of the mix I had a good idea what this might be. Good choice any time, I gotta say. Zep is one of those bands I was inundated with a a kid growing up on classic rock radio so I don't listen to much any more but I probably should. You know, like, to take seriously as an adult, get fresh ears to the music, that sort of thing.

2. More acoustic guitars. Steel guitarish. I think I know this. Oh right, Beck. You know what's funny is Sea Change should in theory be completely up my alley but I don't really care for it, save for this song and few others, so you picked the right one. I should probably revisit this record to see if I still don't like it.

3. Mmm. More steel guitar. I like the drumming on this, it almost makes me think of a Sheryl Crow track but I can't think of which one, haha. I mean that in a nice way. I like this, nice bass playing, good stuff. You know what, based on the bass sound and vocals...is this Cake? It could almost be Cake, no lie but I'm not sure it is.

4. Ok so this is a .wma so thanks for being a total failure. No just kidding. I got a converter.

So this is talking heads or Byrne but I think it's Heads. Is there a Talking Heads tracked called Maps? May be it. Good stuff, I like the keyboard sounds in the back.

5. Opening guitar thing, is the grunge? Haha. It sounds like grunge. Oh no it's too old sounding and psychedelic. This is all right but a little too like The Doors or something for me. Oh wait it's Hendrix. The vocal wasn't obvious at first. I like the backwards guitars. This is long as shit huh. I like the crazy breakdown part. Ok this is awesome now. Yeah. Well parts. This is pretty cool but I don't know how often I'll be listening to it.

6. Bluegrass. Oh gosh. I can't tell if this is affectionate ribbing or making fun of me. Haha.

7. The Band. I can get down with this. I took up all my winnin's and gave my besssieeee half.

8. Oh shit I like this. Mandolins. This is pretty southern-fried so I'm happy I got whoever I got, I don't think many Netphorians would have this sort of thing on hand. This sort of thing is like sonic crack to me, I need to know who this is.

9. The Decemberists. This is another band that I should like a whole lot but I can only do in small doses for some reason. This is ok.

10. Good White Stripes song. I do like this one a lot but you'd be hard pressed to find one that I wouldn't that would fit on this mix well. Love the part about finishing high school.

11. More country. Haha this is like some top 40 type shit. I do like this though, reminds me of a Lyle Lovett song I can't think of at the moment.

12. The Pixies. I kinda hate this song but in the context of this mix it's quite fine I guess.

13. This is U2. From the dreaded side 2 of the joshua tree. This is one of the better songs on there, though.

14. A...Stones(?) track that I'm not familiar with? This is good. Country rock soul type shit. I like it a lot. Organ sounds. I'd put this on a driving mix.

15. A quite nice Wilco song. I do like this one, the vocal harmonies are good.

16. Dirty guitar. Heh. This is an interesting closer. Oh right. I've heard this before. This is from the 90's. Kind of a silly last track but I do not own this and it's kinda fun.

Funny enough the best tracks on here were mostly the ones I did not know previously. Maybe that's why I'm wishing there was a little bit more I was not familiar with but there is something to be said for a well put together mix with familiar tunes. I thought the couple of country tracks I did not know were real standouts so I'd be interested to know what those are especially.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #200
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
01. A Kaki King track I somehow don't know? this is great...esp. at 3:05
02. Echo & the Bunnymen? this guy's voice is kind of annoying but I'm digging the instrumental parts. Lyrics are also pretty sweet
03. Brazil! I only know the Arcade Fire version of this though.
04. Older Animal Collective? I'm really liking the dreamy/trippy factor on this mix so far.
05. this reminds me of a defunct local group named Absinthe Blind...liking the semi-cheesy shoegaze factor. The end of this is wonderful
06. TECHNO SIGUR ROS UNTITLED #1
07. wonderful jazzy melodies on this one. who is this?
08. more nice shoegazey stuff, good acoustic guitar on this one and male/female harmonies. This track just keeps getting sweeter around 3:00 and by 5:40 fuck yeah
09. Black History Month....love this song, haven't heard this remix
10. Kate Bush? very interesting voice...liking the high strings on this track a lot
11. is that picard? this sounds like rodrigo y gabriela
12. casiotone! I keep drifting off into blissfulness during this mix
13. Neko Case?
14. nice and short, liking the random voices
15. wonderful bass line...i kept waiting for this one to blow up into a super-massive crescendo, but it didn't. STil enjoyed it a lot, it reminded me of Spiritualized

1. Caribou - The Barn (4:53)
2. Piano Magic - Night Of The Hunter (3:15)
3. Cornelius - Brazil (3:27)
4. Disco Inferno - Don't You Know (4:50)
5. Red Sparowes - A Brief Moment Of Clarity Broke Through The Deafening Hum, But It Was Too Late (5:59)
6. Emancipator - Shook (4:46) (A Sigur Ros/Mobb Deep "mashup", if you really want to call it that)
7. Shuggie Otis - XL-30 (2:08)
8. Aereogramme - Living Backwards (6:54)
9. Death From Above 1979 - Black History Month [Josh Homme Remix] (4:39)
10. My Brightest Diamond - Inside A Boy (3:44)
11. Shalabi Effect - Mr. Titz (The Revelator) (4:13) (Listen closely in the last half of the song and you may hear a familiar theme)
12. Do Make Say Think - Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! (6:57)
13. Headless Heroes - Just Like Honey (3:22)
14. Stove Bredsky - Trout (2:06)
15. seamonster¹ - i2nervu (8:08)

As with most of my mixes in projects like this, I've included songs previously included on mixes made fore me- paying it forward or what have you. The Red Sparowes, Aereogramme, and DFA1979 tracks fall under this. The Stove Bredsky track (Steve Brodsky) is from an album recommended to me by someone on here. Cornelius and Disco Inferno were also introduced to me on here some years back.

I put the Disco Inferno track on my last phoria mix- oops. Didn't realize that.

My computer up and died the Saturday before the due date, so I didn't get to finish it as I'd have liked to. I had all of the tracks, though, with some additional ones I might have wanted to include. I had edited the Red Sparowes and Aereogramme songs (2min of ambience at the end of the RS song; the orchestral intro on the Aereogramme song) to fit the other songs, and those edits were what you got on the untagged mix. The full tracks are on the tagged mix below

Code:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8a5uq8

---

As for the mix made for me, I assume it's from ryan patrick as 1) it's all tagged and 2) I only recognize one band name. I've listened to it a few times, but want to listen a few more yet before reviewing it.

Last edited by Andy / : 02-28-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #201
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000 View Post

Funny enough the best tracks on here were mostly the ones I did not know previously. Maybe that's why I'm wishing there was a little bit more I was not familiar with but there is something to be said for a well put together mix with familiar tunes. I thought the couple of country tracks I did not know were real standouts so I'd be interested to know what those are especially.
Before I start, since I was already kind of convinced I didn't have much people haven't heard, I stuck with a theme and when I drew your name it was pretty much the perfect theme.

01 Zep - Tangerine; I figured I could get away with naming this one in the collection since it's kind of the theme.
02 Beck - This Golden Age; I don't like Sea Change either, found it boring but this is one of if not my favorite Beck song.
03 Cake - She'll Come Back to Me
04 Talking Heads - The Big Country
05 Jimi Hendrix Experience - 1983...(A Merman I Should Turn to Be); EPIC. this is the kind of song you listened to blazed to and go wooooooow
06 Beastie Boys - 5 Piece Chicken Dinner; I had space so I had to stick it on there just to be silly. I actually do have Bill Monroe on my computer.
07 The Band - Up On Cripple Creek
08 John Hiatt - Crossing Muddy Watters; I'm *really* glad you liked this. Out of all of the tracks on this mix, I figured this was the one possibility that you haven't heard this. Guy is super prolific, best albums ******* Slow Turning, Crossing Muddy Watters, and Perfectly Good Guitar. BB King & Eric Clapton's "Riding With the King" is a cover of Hiatt.
09 The Decemberists - Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Coming Home)
10 The White Stripes - I Wanna Be The Boy that Wins Your Mother's Heart; love the solo
11 Dire Straits - How Long; not top 40 or Country heh
12 Pixies - Silver; I figured if any mix said trotsky it would be one that manages to have a country blues rock/steel pedal feel and has the Pixies and Zep on it. Couldn't quite squeeze Nas on...
13 U2 - Trip Through Your Wires; I wasn't aware side 2 of Joshua Tree was bad >.>
14 The Rolling Stones - Torn and Frayed; from Exile on Main Street which is possibly the only (good) Stones album I've heard that doesn't have an instantly recognizable timeless superhit.
15 Wilco - What Light
16 Clutch - Electric Worry; from 2007's From Beale Street to Oblivion. <.< I was thinking of putting Dragonfly on here but I decided this had the countryish thing I was looking for.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #202
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Heh, you've been on my ass to listen to some John Hiatt for a while now, huh.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #203
Shapan
Socialphobic

here's my review:

1. this is pretty simple, girl boy vocals and fast chords, right down my alley. interesting start.
2. i think this is joy division. im not that big a fan of them, but this sounds good.
3. hm, no idea who this is. this seems like a song that should be on mtv or something, or at least when mtv played music. these vocals and lyrics put me off a little, but its nice enough.
4. dark, i like this song. oooh nice guitars. im into this, this is definitely the most noteworthy song on the mix thus far. who is this?
5. this is pretty cool, i like the instrumentation. definitely a solid mix so far, i think the mixer is keeping my taste in mind for the most part while trying to introduce some new music.
6. haha yeah definitely keeping my taste in mind. drain you off the nirvana peel sessions, i love this version of the song. i love this song in general, one of my favorite nirvana tunes, i could listen to this all day.
7. this works in nicely from drain you. another enjoyable tune.
8. hm a little long, if this was condensed a bit id like it more. pretty cool though.
9. these vocals are so pretty compared to the music underneath them, hah.
10. this is pretty altogether. aaaaaaaaaaaah. haaaaaaave mercy. i like this song, sounds like something the cure would do.
11. im happy that i havent heard most of this mix because its pretty enjoyable so far and i can imagine checking out a bunch of these bands. this is a cute little ditty to pass time in between tracks, i like the scratchy effects.
12. kinda boring
13. mellow track, this is labeled track 16 but its the 13th song on here. im hoping there wasnt a chunk of tracks missing.
14. same vein as previous track, alright but a little dull.
15. my favorite song from the second half of this mix so far. im a sucker for these kind of jerky vocal effects.
16. awesome closer, elegant as fuck.

really enjoyed this mix. great work. looking forward to seeing who did it and the tracklisting.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #204
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000 View Post
Heh, you've been on my ass to listen to some John Hiatt for a while now, huh.
has i?

oh i didn't mention walk on, actually. Slow Turning, Crossing Muddy Watters and Walk On are the best albums.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #205
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

I made your mix shapan. i'm not sure what happened to the track listing. i am pretty sure i somehow deleted 3 tracks but i don't know how i managed to do that. i am glad you liked most of it. i can upload the appropriate albums if you would like.

1. Small Factory - Last time that We talked
2. Joy division - Ceremony
3. Dada - Dog
4. Imaad Wasif & Two Part Beast - Abyss
5. Solar Powered People - Commercial Flight
6. Nirvana - Drain You
7. The Warmers - Mad at Men
8. Flying Nuns - Submarine
9. Savior Adore - A Midnight Meeting, A Clockwork Creeting; The Three Headed Boar
10. Ups and Downs - Safer
11. Young Marble Giants - Searching for Mr. Right
12. The Jesus and Mary Chain - Drop re-record
13 (16). Paper - Underground
14. (17) Grenadine - Decca
15. (18) Pogo - Alice
16. (19) Pat Suzuki - Somewhere There's Music

Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #206
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

Which Ceremony is that? The crummy live version or the one that's really New Order but gets attributed to Joy Div. Or a different one all together I should be aware of.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #207
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

im not sure, it may be the new order one. you tell me.

Track 02.mp3

Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #208
neopryn
let's see your penis!

That's the original New Order version, recorded without Gillian Gilbert. It was re-recorded 8? months later when she joined the band. It's not much different and I prefer the former, but here it is.

Ceremony

Old 02-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #209
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Angry

Alrighty, I said I did not want this to hang around forever and am going to stick to it. I do not want to spend another month sending fifteen PMs to ask people to do something they volunteered to do so here are the people who never sent me a mix:

laaazy
SlingeroGuitaro

If any of you ever do decide to finish you mix, you may just PM your partner directly or post it in the exchange thread. Please do at least let me know you sent so I can cross your recipient off the list though.

I am still mulling over sending two of the mixes sent to two of the deadbeats who have not responded at all to two of the people who got nothing, but as of right now I am undecided. One or two might still come through but I am not going to hold my breath. I am sorry for those who got ripped off and maybe it was naive of me to think everybody would get one like last time but it was worth a shot.

Last edited by pale blue eyes : 02-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #210
spring
die 'til it doesn't hurt

damn, i missed it this time, but i'm sure there will be more. right, Erin?