Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 04:12 AM   #2611
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

I got trips to Nam and Bali coming up. Maybe Urp next year.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #2612
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Unhappy

i thought i was buying 1.5 liters of wine but it turns out i bought 3 liters. now i have to drink this shit in one day before my parents return from europe.

why god

Old 08-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #2613
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Who would choose to go to Belgium volunteerily?
vixnix?

Old 08-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #2614
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

And bring children when it’s well known it’s where all the paedos live?

For shame.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #2615
reprise85
garbage person

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

being poor sucks.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:35 AM   #2616
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

It’s no walk in the park, that’s for sure.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:42 AM   #2617
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Walks in relatively local parks, sure.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #2618
Disco King
Minion of Satan

What we have to do is convince rich people that people poor is chic so that they give all their money to us.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #2619
Disco King
Minion of Satan

"Latest yuppie dad: throwing all your money in the bin and eating nothing but beans."

Then we swoop the money up, and the tables will have turned.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:14 AM   #2620
Shallowed
Braindead

Location: A compostable condom made from 100% recycled materials

That's genius.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #2621
LaBelle
Socialphobic

My ultimate goal in life is to just make enough monies to where I can stop worrying if i'm going to be able to pay my bills each month.

Very far from that rn.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #2622
FoolofaTook
Immortal

My ultimate goal in life is to smoke hella weed.

Very far from that rn.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #2623
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Your love for the Halflings' leaf has clouded your mind

Old 08-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #2624
FoolofaTook
Immortal

heh. in unfinished tales there's a whole chapter on gandalf's smoking. it's just tobacco but it reads funny.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #2625
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I always assumed the hobbit's smoking was an allusion to weed.

If it's wrong I don't wanna be right!

Old 08-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #2626
FoolofaTook
Immortal

hehe. yeah many ppl think that. i think the movies are mainly to blame (drat that peter jackson and his insufferable facial flora) but i recall having long arguments with dorks who tried to convince me that tolkien and lewis used to get high together. they didn't. they were totally anti illegal drugs.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #2627
redbreegull

came home from work and found a nearly-full Modelo I had cracked open at 3 AM last night before I passed out. So I drank it. Wasn't even that flat

Old 08-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #2628
FoolofaTook
Immortal

breeg why not stick to green for a few nights, give yur liver a break

Old 08-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #2629
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
My ultimate goal in life is to just make enough monies to where I can stop worrying if i'm going to be able to pay my bills each month.

Very far from that rn.
Dream on, dreamer.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #2630
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I've been told it's nice having goals.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #2631
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

It’s certainly nice scoring goals.

In a football sense.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #2632
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I always assumed the hobbit's smoking was an allusion to weed.

If it's wrong I don't wanna be right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
hehe. yeah many ppl think that. i think the movies are mainly to blame (drat that peter jackson and his insufferable facial flora) but i recall having long arguments with dorks who tried to convince me that tolkien and lewis used to get high together. they didn't. they were totally anti illegal drugs.
The movies definitely played up the insinuation that they were smoking some sort of cannabis-like plant, but yeah Tolkien never intended that, and I think marijuana was barely even in the public consciousness in the 30s when the Hobbit was written, unless you were a black musician.

People started to think it was marijuana in the 60s when LOTR enjoyed a resurgence in popularity because of its adoption by hippie culture, and Tolkien was horrified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
breeg why not stick to green for a few nights, give yur liver a break
Haven't been able to get green for almost a month

The dude who I go through is just a faking unreliable flake. He has a new girlfriend and basically just disappeared even though he owes me an eighth plus $100. people are just shit.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #2633
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Old 08-15-2018, 05:39 PM   #2634
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I can't imagine being in a relationship of debt with a dealer. Money and product exchange hands at the exact same time, no "I'll get ya laters."

Maybe I just don't buy enough weed to justify that kind of relationship. I only smoke socially, and my friends usually insist on sharing theirs, so I just buy a quarter every once in a while and it lasts me a good long while.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:14 PM   #2635
FoolofaTook
Immortal

i am almost a week off of weed. this sucks. lucky for you, dk, to be a social smoker. i've gotten fronts many times and been cheated out whole ounces and shit. i have really degraded myself for weed.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #2636
buzzard
Minion of Satan

If only you'd been degraded by weed killer, you'd be $289M better off.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:43 PM   #2637
Shallowed
Braindead

Long post incoming

I've been on escitalopram for two weeks now. My doctor recommended taking one a day in the morning, then after two weeks we would review and possibly up the dosage to two a day. Well, I don't know if it's the meds or some other internal forces that have coincidentally happened to strike at the same time, but I have been feeling a much better overall. Better than I have in a long time. I feel brighter, peppier, snappier, wittier, more outgoing, and just happier in general. It hasn't quite gotten me to the motivation level to put a real effort into getting my shit back together in my life, but the desire is there, whereas before I was frequently contemplating suicide, and so not even bothering to think about getting back on track. It reminds me a lot of those weird days of late 2012 / early 2013, where (as vixnix perhaps accurately diagnosed at the time) I may have been experiencing mania. Now at least I have six years of hindsight and experience, so I know to be wary of feeling too good, and of course I'm not nearly as naive as I was to think that depression can one day just disappear forever, like the most significant love of your life. The difference is such that I'm wary of increasing my dosage to two escitalopram pills a day, and had suggested to my doctor that I should instead go down to half a pill a day. Otherwise I'm probably going to be bouncing off the fucking walls. He agreed, but said to keep taking one a day for now, and we will review in a few weeks to have a better idea of if the effects are from the meds, or if it's like a placebo effect. I'm cool with that.

Last night on a whim, I went to a local Reddit meetup in town to a nice Thai restaurant. There were a couple people there that I'd met before at previous Reddit meetups. All pretty cool and very friendly people, very easy to talk to, especially with my newfound talkativeness. There were also a couple of people there from a local Discord server (basically the cool chat room platform right now) who I had played online DnD with the night before. I ordered one of the spiciest dishes on the menu, having trained my tolerance for spicy food. The last time I had it I couldn't even finish it, this time it was no problem. So that impressed some people there, much to the delight of my ego. After dinner we went to a dessert bar, then a bar bar (you know, with alcohol and stuff) where some of us had a beer or a cider.

There was one lady in the group there who I was attempting to subtly flirt with throughout the night, but not in such a way that ousted her from the group. She was quite pretty and intellectual and had LOOOONG blonde hair, like it went past her butt By the end of the night, the group had thinned out to four of us, and I offered to give them a ride home. The other two guys must have known something was going on between us because there was like this unspoken wingmanship that came out where they took up the offer, then figured they would just walk or bus home so I could drive the lady home and be alone with her.

We had pleasant and easy conversation about music, what it's like living in various cities, pointed out cool places to visit, etc. I complained that I was cold, and she said she wasn't since she's from a much colder part of the country and used to the cold. I joked that she should do the gentlemanly thing and offer me some of her clothes she practically insisted I wear her scarf, which smelled sooo good. I invited her to this music festival I'm going to at the end of the month, which I am looking forward to a lot. Her interest was piqued. When we got to her house, I asked her if she was going to invite me in, and she said "on a work night?" and I said "yeah" like it's no big deal. We had a sexually tense moment of eye contact and she said she didn't want to stay up much later on a week night, to which I said that it's a good thing the music festival is on the weekend. She said to send her the details, I said I'd need her phone number to do that, and she gave it to me. So that's basically where we are now.

Current mood:

Old 08-15-2018, 09:52 PM   #2638
Shallowed
Braindead

In other news, on another general chat Discord server, an Iranian lady who started learning English four months ago has thrown herself at me and calls me "baby" just like this:

We had phone sex 'til 6am. Shit was weird and wild. She's into anal.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:27 PM   #2639
Shallowed
Braindead

She referred to my dick as a fish, I said "why, because you think it smells?" and she said "noooo because I like fish "

Old 08-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #2640
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Holy shit, you know Anousheh?

Closed Thread