Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-18-2017, 04:51 AM   #31
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Bullshit. I've earned hella merit, with Yesenia.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #32
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
my former best friend with benefits has been testing the waters with me in terms of leaving her boyfriend and getting a place with me and our other friend.
Does that mean you're looking for a two bedroom or a three?

Can't help but wonder why the other friend forms an integral part of the plan.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #33
Bread Regal
Banned

somehow rbg becoming part of the petite bourgeoisie is the least surprising thing.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #34
FoolofaTook

You gonna blaze at the work place breeg-brah?

Old 06-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #35
FoolofaTook

I don't. I can barely handle the scintillating Yesenia sober.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #36
LaBelle
Socialphobic

lol at some of the reactions in this thread.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #37
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

zerohedge, the latest in investment news

Old 06-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #38
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
No. It's better to get it and go through the experience of succeeding, then get screwed over, then be more wise.
http://i.imgur.com/W9h08nv.gif

Old 06-18-2017, 12:52 PM   #39
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
somehow rbg becoming part of the petite bourgeoisie is the least surprising thing.
I have always been part of the petite bourgeoisie by virtue of the station I was born into, and I'm pretty sure everyone else on this board is too.

also remember that when the revolution comes, the petty bourgeoisie are going to fight with the proletariat, and their money and skills are necessary to overthrow the capitalist class

Last edited by redbreegull : 06-18-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #40
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Does that mean you're looking for a two bedroom or a three?

Can't help but wonder why the other friend forms an integral part of the plan.
3 bedroom would be cheaper but really I think the 3rd friend is a device she uses to avoid admitting this is about her and me.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #41
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

no drug test?

Old 06-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #42
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
no drug test?
I'm a bit worried about this. I did some googling and most people say no, there was no drug test to go into management training. However, I did find 2 people who casually mentioned a drug test. So I'm really not sure. I stopped smoking for now (I think my body and mind need a break from weed anyway tbh) but it could take a full 2 months before I could actually pass a test.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #43
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

my workplace does swab testing which is easy to pass with just a few days clean. if you have to pee in a cup you prob need to find some alternate way to pass, e.g. fake urine. it's pretty likely they'll test upon promotion to management if it gets to that point, at the least. they do at my company, drug test at promotion

Old 06-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #44
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
3 bedroom would be cheaper but really I think the 3rd friend is a device she uses to avoid admitting this is about her and me.
My concern would be that she is, whether knowingly or not, using this third individual as a sort of buffer to make it not about the two of you.

It would be unfortunate if she were effectively treating you as a safety net that needs to be "managed," i.e. where your enthusiasm for any step in the direction of greater closeness would help to deliver her from a situation that isn't easily escaped while only carrying the risk that you might see it as a promise she isn't ready to make. Given the vulnerability you've expressed in more recent times, it strikes me that the potential for negative consequences seems a great deal heavier on your end.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:57 PM   #45
redbreegull

Quote:
My concern would be that she is, whether knowingly or not, using this third individual as a sort of buffer to make it not about the two of you.

It would be unfortunate if she were effectively treating you as a safety net that needs to be "managed," i.e. where your enthusiasm for any step in the direction of greater closeness would help to deliver her from a situation that isn't easily escaped while only carrying the risk that you might see it as a promise she isn't ready to make. Given the vulnerability you've expressed in more recent times, it strikes me that the potential for negative consequences seems a great deal heavier on your end.
This is a pretty thoughtful analysis and I do appreciate it. You are right, the potential for harm on my end is much greater.

Having known this person for ten years though, I don't think this is the case. It is true that I am crazy and I could just be heavily deluded, but the intensity of the affection she has been showing me makes me think otherwise.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:04 AM   #46
redbreegull

and also what she has directly told me.

Last night we had another all-night video chat as has been becoming more common. After awhile things turned as always to her and her boyfriend. She feels a lot of fear about leaving him because she isn't sure she can ever really be happy (sound familiar? we are so similar :/), and a lot of other excuses

Finally I said I have to ask you straight out, do you feel for me what I feel for you? And she said, "Yes." And I asked so if the situation were different, could we go back? Could we try this again, or is it just over? And she said that yes, we would probably get together.

I know that's not a guarantee, but I'm not sure I am going to get anything better out of her at this point. She is having a hard time admitting to herself that it would be better to leave this dude, so the most I can do at this time is just be patient. I also asked her if she wanted me to back off with the boyfriend bashing, and she said no, I shouldn't worry about her being upset and it is important I express my feelings.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #47
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I have doubts about this rbg because jumping from one relationship to another isn't healthy. It's all codependence codependence codependence

Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #48
redbreegull

well I don't really know how to not be that way

Old 06-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #49
redbreegull

I think honestly if she did come here, we would be looking at a situation more like how things were 3 years ago than a real bf/gf relationship. She told me she doesn't know if monogamy will ever work for her.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:22 AM   #50
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I really don't want to get mad at you over your issues here but do my earlier suggestion and read some books on the subject. There's plenty. They save relationships and yourself.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:22 AM   #51
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

What helped me was realizing all the signs. Little things

Old 06-19-2017, 12:24 AM   #52
buzzard
Minion of Satan

As far as approaches to exploring the possibilities between the two of you go, could cohabitation be a little too intense as the first step after she ends her relationship?

That other friend could probably do with a warning as to the situation they're leaving their current one for, too, if they're still without one.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:28 AM   #53
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I really don't want to get mad at you over your issues here but do my earlier suggestion and read some books on the subject. There's plenty. They save relationships and yourself.
I know what codependency is. Like no offense, but this is bordering on "just cheer up"

Quote:
As far as approaches to exploring the possibilities between the two of you go, could cohabitation be a little too intense as the first step after she ends her relationship?

That other friend could probably do with a warning as to the situation they're leaving their current one for, too, if they're still without one.
yeah it's a feckin terrible idea but she will never leave this fucker if she doesn't feel like she has a safety net, and I don't think she is in a place where she is capable of leaving him and finding a place to live by herself. She's broke af and lonely af

Old 06-19-2017, 12:41 AM   #54
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
I have always been part of the petite bourgeoisie by virtue of the station I was born into, and I'm pretty sure everyone else on this board is too.

also remember that when the revolution comes, the petty bourgeoisie are going to fight with the proletariat, and their money and skills are necessary to overthrow the capitalist class

Old 06-19-2017, 12:43 AM   #55
redbreegull

do you honestly think anyone is gonna watch that

save your time dude, go play outside or something

Old 06-19-2017, 12:45 AM   #56
Elphenor
Braindead

or in traffic

Old 06-19-2017, 12:50 AM   #57
redbreegull

joe rogan voted for Gary "What Is Aleppo" Johnson

Old 06-19-2017, 12:50 AM   #58
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
I know what codependency is. Like no offense, but this is bordering on "just cheer up"

yeah it's a feckin terrible idea but she will never leave this fucker if she doesn't feel like she has a safety net, and I don't think she is in a place where she is capable of leaving him and finding a place to live by herself. She's broke af and lonely af
Pointing you towards a step that helped me is just cheering up ok good luck

Old 06-19-2017, 12:57 AM   #59
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Pointing you towards a step that helped me is just cheering up ok good luck
I dunno, just the way you said it came across sort of like you think I don't recognize the problem or something

Old 06-19-2017, 01:11 AM   #60
redbreegull

I'm sorry Bonnie I didn't mean to snap at you. I know you are trying to help. What books do you recommend?